7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/08/2018 at 01:07, Dan F said:

There's only so much we can do.

Good, there's only so much asked of you. ?

Thanks a lot for enquiring, and posting the answer.

Sounds to me like whoever received that email didn't actually look into anything. However, that's not something we can do anything about.

I'm fairly certain the story about contracts/rights has been made up. From past posts in this thread it sounds like they've used this excuse several times in the past regarding not being able to show repeats or release dvds, and then, suddenly a few years later both appear.

On 05/09/2018 at 02:27, Sally Keating said:

You mean any more lies?

Tea!

I have just messaged Channel 7 on FB about the situation, hopefully I'll get a response and hopefully the response will be positive.... Honestly, I am having a gutfull of this whole hiatus...

As of September 6, still no response.

September 12th (Namjoon's birthday!) still no response. Either they're slow as a wet week, or they're ignoring me.

• 3 months later...

They stated that it was just taking a temporary break for a few weeks... this lie was then perpetuated further by other parties, with no reference to the fact the information was probably unreliable, or feeling of responsibility on their part to ensure people knew this was in no way a definite answer, despite conflicting information being given to different people from the start and a well-known history of Ch7 lying about these things, and despite people openly stating they were willing to "believe" this, simply because of who was perpetuating it, disregarding a mountain of evidence to the contrary... there was no attempt to make sure that the people blindly believing it were making an informed choice to do so, and not mistakenly taking a blasé statement from Ch7 as gospel. Instead those who did try to point all this out were shouted down by some and belittled by others - despite in the end turning out to be 100% correct.

And that's a brief rundown of the thread.

In short, the answers from Ch7 regarding taking it off the air varied wildly right from the start, depending who you spoke to - they didn't have a straight answer because they were hiding the fact "the early years" was being cancelled, to minimize backlash - a well-known technique of tv channels, especially Ch7.

On 02/01/2019 at 19:13, Sally Keating said:

They stated that it was just taking a temporary break for a few weeks... this lie was then perpetuated further by other parties, with no reference to the fact the information was probably unreliable, or feeling of responsibility on their part to ensure people knew this was in no way a definite answer, despite conflicting information being given to different people from the start and a well-known history of Ch7 lying about these things, and despite people openly stating they were willing to "believe" this, simply because of who was perpetuating it, disregarding a mountain of evidence to the contrary... there was no attempt to make sure that the people blindly believing it were making an informed choice to do so, and not mistakenly taking a blasé statement from Ch7 as gospel. Instead those who did try to point all this out were shouted down by some and belittled by others - despite in the end turning out to be 100% correct.

And that's a brief rundown of the thread.

In short, the answers from Ch7 regarding taking it off the air varied wildly right from the start, depending who you spoke to - they didn't have a straight answer because they were hiding the fact "the early years" was being cancelled, to minimize backlash - a well-known technique of tv channels, especially Ch7.

Maybe their "Home and Away: The Early Years will be taking a temporary break" lie is why I keep getting the feeling that "it's returning soon". Last year was riddled with me whining about the Early Years returning and getting a "feeling" that it was, and near the end of last year, I was beginning to believe that this year was the year it was coming back (even though it sounds illogical, I'll get to this later on). If they would have just came clear and told us they were cancelling it (with a good reason as to why they did), maybe the backlash towards them would be less severe and people (such as myself) wouldn't be pining for it to return.

Now, why I thought it was gonna return this year and why some of my points never made any sense.

1. The new year line up (why bring back a show that you cancelled almost two years ago? It would have been more logical to have returned last year and pick up from where it left off).

2. Due to popular demand.

3. Hasn't Million Dollar Minute's reruns seen all of it's episodes now? (And why replace H&A The Early Years with such a godawful show?)

Anyways, I'm boycotting Channel 7Two until they give us a logical reason as to why they cancelled the reruns of H&A The Early Years or bring the show back.

Cynicism gets nobody anywhere. And sarcasm is the lowest form of humour.

Channel Seven gave an answer directly to us regarding The Early Years. The staff passed that on. The subsequent kerfuffle was due to a perpetuation, by a select few, due to their so called 'distrust' in the network.

the kerfuffle was due to people believing an answer from Ch7 given to certain parties was any more reliable than all the other conflicting answers Ch7 were giving out, those parties being aware that people were blindly believing this one answer despite it having no more credence than any of the others, and doing nothing whatsoever to make sure people knew this.

Now, a question was asked about what happened and has been answered. Let it lie.

Archived