7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

17 hours ago, Skylover said:

I just wrote an email to the Acquisitions Manager of Channel 5 asking them to consider a repeat run of 1996 Home and Away.

How come that seven can't show the episodes but five can?

I wouldn't want it on five because there's a greater chance of the series being taken off, "home and away" bumpers and copyright date will be cut-off and there will be an announcer talking over end credits.

The way the episodes were shown on 7TWO was perfect.

An Australian DVD release would be fine. I was pleased with Neighbours release but they did stop after first half of 1986.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, sindikatas said:

How come that seven can't show the episodes but five can?

I wouldn't want it on five because there's a greater chance of the series being taken off, "home and away" bumpers and copyright date will be cut-off and there will be an announcer talking over end credits.

I'm happy with however we get the episodes to be honest.

It's not a case of C5 being able to play the episodes and 7 can't, but television is very different in the UK compared to Australia. It's more of a television-watching nation so Channel 5 is a much larger company by default and it's more likely IMO that Channel 5 would have the money/be more willing to pay the money to get past the contractual obstacles. Whether this is true in reality I don't know, it's just my interpretation, but I think it's worth a shot. There's also the factor that if Channel 5 do decide to run with the series, I imagine Network 7 would then be able to continue with 1996 itself as new agreements would have to be made for Channel 5 but once they're made it would give more freedom to 7.

I guess it's a long shot but worth a try.

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

I'm happy with however we get the episodes to be honest.

It's not a case of C5 being able to play the episodes and 7 can't, but television is very different in the UK compared to Australia. It's more of a television-watching nation so Channel 5 is a much larger company by default and it's more likely IMO that Channel 5 would have the money/be more willing to pay the money to get past the contractual obstacles. Whether this is true in reality I don't know, it's just my interpretation, but I think it's worth a shot. There's also the factor that if Channel 5 do decide to run with the series, I imagine Network 7 would then be able to continue with 1996 itself as new agreements would have to be made for Channel 5 but once they're made it would give more freedom to 7.

I guess it's a long shot but worth a try.

I remember that a couple of years ago five started repeat run of 2000 episodes and took it off after 2 or 3 weeks that is why I'm also a bit sceptical.

Thank you for explaining about UK and Australia situation, it's really interesting to hear how television works in different parts of the world.

Despite what I have said about five I would be fairly happy if we got the episodes with the main content uncensored.

13 minutes ago, Skylover said:

Didn't Channel 5 air about a year's worth of 2000 episodes back in 2007?

Yes. I think in the end they reached 2001 before they were swiftly taken off the air in 2008. It was in 2013 they randomly started airing the 2000 season again but then pulled out after a mere few weeks. :( 

I always enjoyed their theme weekends on 5* as they would do weddings, funerals, disasters etc.

I e-mailed the Channel 5 Programming Department with regard to the possibility of resuming their airing of Home and Away: The Early Years.

This is their response:

Thank you for your most recent e-mail.

As you may know, we have transmitted episodes of Home And Away: The Early Years on 5 STAR from time to time in the past. Unfortunately, when we last did this, these repeats did not perform as well as we had hoped and there are no current plans to transmit them again or to start repeating the programme from 2000 episode. We are sorry to disappoint you on this occasion.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Chris
VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Channel 5 Customer Services are as follows:

Telephone:                                      0345 7 05 05 05 / 020 3580 3600
E-mail:                                 viewerenquiries@channel5.com

Archived