I need help :)

Guest -Rhedz-

I have some questions for an assignment I'm doing at the moment were i need to interview someone who was born in another country and then moved to Australia. It would be kindly appreciated if you could answer them for me

Thanks.

1. Where did you emigrate from?

2. Why did you decide to emigrate to Australia?

3.When did you arrive in Australia?

4. How did you come to Australia?

5.Where did yo settle in Australia? Why?

6. What were your first impressions of Australia and Australians?

7. What difficulties did you encounter when you first arrived? (Eg: language, housing, employment, etc)

8. What do you most miss about your country of origin?

9. What do you like most about living in Australia

10. Is your employment/occupation, social status, financial position, etc the same in Australia, compared with your country of origin?

11. What aspects of your culture have been preserved, and what have been abandoned?

12. Have you experienced any conflict between your culture of origin and Australian culture? (Eg: children born in Australia, racial prejudice, etc)

13. What advice would you have for other emigrating to Australia?

14. What support do you have from your own cultural community or the wider Australian community?

15. Have you 'bought' or sponsored other members of your family to come to Australia?

16. Would you consider returning to your own country of origin to live?

Other Questions to consider

Food, music, arts and crafts, festivals, celebrations, family structures and parenting practices related to birth, death and marriage, clothing, housing, language, religion, customs and laws, relationship to the land, location, social relationships.

(If you feel uncomfortable answering any of these question you don't have to.. Just answer the ones that you feel comfortable with)

Thankyou so much!!

Forgot to add, I'm doing Cert III in Children services and one of my subjects is Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers so one of the tasks/assignments is to interview someone and I'm sort of struggling to find someone. You don't have to post the answers back in this thread you can pm or e-mail me.

Archived