Hope, Peace, Love.

Guest KirstyEkua

Loving this, I think you've captured all the characters really well.Rachel determined to be unflappable, Jack and Martha snapping at each other but working it through, Aden and Belle finding themselves on a train wreck waiting to happen and...yeah, I had the same thought as Barbara about Jazz and that could definitely cause trouble...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no :( If it's Jazz at the door and she's taking Taylor to see her real Daddy... I think that's going to cause some significant trouble, poor Rachel :( It's very in character for her to ignore her feelings and want to move on and I guess as much as I understand Tony wanting her to take time out, she's been through it before and thinks she knows how to cope now. I'm worried that she's not really coping though, bless Tony; he's experiencing the loss to but he's remaining so strong for her.

Loved the scene between Jack and Martha - Laura really is a Daddy's little girl, bless! It's quite bittersweet seeing them so happy and knowing how different things are next door.

I'm enjoying the Belle/Aden storyline to, I wonder how they're going to resolve it all? They both have such amazing opportunities, will they be able to continue their relationship?

Can't wait for the next chapter please update soon :)

Thank you so much everyone for you comments :)

As always they mean so much to me. Any suggestions would be very much appercaited. And Jack and Martha drama will appear at some point, it's just this chapter is pretty long so i halved it. :)

Just a note to say that in this story the last Tony saw of Jazz was when they broke up after he dated her after Beth died. She didn't come back for Dans memoiral (he's actually alive in this and will be mentioned later on :wink: ) so the school renuion thing etc didn't happen. Rachel knows her a little bit from when she was in the bay before.

‘Jazz,’ he stared at her incredulously as he stumbled backwards; such was his shock at seeing her again. ‘What are you doing here?’ he turned to Rachel, eager to see her reaction. She was staring straight ahead, her arms crossed over her chest.

‘Nice to see you too,’ she laughed as she stepped into the house. ‘Oh sorry,’ she paused as she saw Rachel hovering behind Tony. ‘In the middle of a house call?’ she questioned as she eyed up Rachel’s medical bag. ‘Please continue,’ she ran her hands over her tight white blouse, discretely opening another button. 'Love the new decor,' she commented as she spun around, noticing the pale purples and creams that were splashed on the walls.

Rachel narrowed her eyes at Tony before facing Jazz. ‘Tony and I are married,’ she explained, her voice flat and lifeless.

‘Yeah right, good one,’ Jazz threw her head back and giggled, reaching out to shake her glossy black hair loose.

‘Something funny about that?’ Tony asked as he moved closer to Rachel, resting his hands on her shoulders. She shrugged him off and started to move towards the door, refusing to react to her husband’s obvious displeasure as he hung his head despondently.

‘You’re serious?’ Jazz raised her hands to her mouth in shock. ‘I have to say I’m a little surprised – and disappointed,’ she laughed. ‘I was hoping Tony and I could have a little fun,’ she winked at Rachel, who stared back at her in disgust.

‘Yeah well Jazz sorry to disappoint but I’m happily married,’ he smiled warmly at Rachel who, in a clear attempt to avoid his gaze looked down at the floor and ran her foot over the carpet.

‘I have to go to work,’ she announced suddenly without looking up. As much as she despised leaving her husband with his ex girlfriend, she was grateful that her appearance made it easier for her to escape. If she stayed any longer in the house she was afraid she’d suffocate. Tony was so determined to fuss over her and to comfort her over their ‘loss,’ as he put it. But doing that would only make it seem real and she just wasn’t ready. She wished he would realise that.

‘Rach wait,’ Tony cried desperately, catching her arm just before the door slammed.

‘I’ll see you later,’ she hissed firmly. ‘Please let me go,’ she mouthed, her eyes cold and angry.

‘Fine,’ he muttered, his heart sinking. ‘I’ll call you later, okay?’ But she was already gone. He stared out through the glass panes of the door as she climbed into the car and tossed her bag onto the passenger seat.

‘Having a little domestic?’ Jazz smirked as Tony shut the door and threw himself down on the chair, hugging a cushion close to him.

‘Jazz, I really don’t have time for this right now,’ his voice wavered as he looked towards her. ‘Maybe come back later. I’d really like that.’

‘This is kind of important,’ she whispered, shocked as she realised her voice was shaking. Now the time had come she felt surprisingly nervous. At the last minute she’d decided to leave Taylor with the hotel kids club. As desperate as she was for them to meet she realised it probably wasn’t in anyone’s best interests to bring her along before actually telling Tony he had a daughter. Taylor hadn't exactly been thrilled but she bribed her with money and a promise of new toys.

Tony sighed heavily. ‘Fine, whatever,’ he ran his hands through his hair angrily. ‘What is it Jazz?’ He desperately wished she would just disappear. In the four years since he’d last clapped eyes on her he’d barely thought about her. He didn’t regret their relationship – at the time she was exactly what he had needed – but now he found himself looking at her and feeling, well nothing. At a push he would admit to caring about her as a friend but so much time had passed it was difficult. Rachel was all that mattered to him at this point and he found it difficult to concentrate on Jazz as she sat across from him, tucking her dark hair behind her ear and fidgeting. She seemed anxious about whatever it was she was here to tell him. It surprised him. His mind quickly wandered back to Rachel, wondering how much longer he could wait before he called her. The urge was so intense he considered driving to the hospital and brining her home. But he doubted she’d appreciate that intervention.

‘Well, umm,’ Jazz’s voice suddenly filled the room, brining Tony out of his day dream. She fiddled with the pale throw that was spread across the sofa, her heart beating quickly. It had suddenly occurred to her that her next few words would change Tony’s life forever. Having that much power scared her a little bit; although not enough to deter her. Deep down she had this fantasy that Tony would fall in love with her again and they’d be a happy little family. Rachel was something she admittedly hadn’t bargained on but Jazz was prepared to fight for what she wanted.

‘Well what?’ Tony asked crossly. His patience was wavering. ‘Do you have a point here or are you just playing another one of your games?’

Taking a deep breath she stared at him intensely and straightened up, hoping to disguise how panicked she was feeling. ‘I’m just going to come right out and say it,’ she tried to sound confident, wishing she’d had the sense to have a few glasses of wine before coming round. ‘You have a daughter,’ she shrieked and smiled widely, watching as a look of horror slowly spread across Tonys face.

‘Do you think we should go and see them?’ Martha asked as she curled up on the sofa and rested her head on a cushion. She was exhausted.

‘Maybe we should wait a while,’ Jack suggested. ‘We’d have to take Laura and I don’t think that’s what Rachel needs right now. I don’t want to rub it in her face – and dad’s too.’ He smiled sadly. Tony was besotted with Laura and babysat her at any given opportunity. Poor Rachel tried her hardest but Jack saw how much it hurt her to see her husband with a baby. But still she smiled and cooed over her, bought presents and happily played the role of smitten step-grandmother, although Rachel had insisted she wasn’t to be referred to as one. She loved Laura, there was no doubt about that but Jack knew it only made her ache for her own even more.

‘Yeah, I guess,’ Martha stifled a yawn and reached out for Jack’s hand. ‘I feel so terrible for her.’ She shook her head. ‘It’s happened so many times. I don’t know how much more she can take. ‘It’s so unfair,’ she whispered.

‘I know,’ Jack spoke softy. ‘It just doesn’t make sense. The kids you hear about being abused and,’ he stopped, his voice getting angrier the more he thought about the injustice of it all. ‘We just have to believe they’re going to be lucky one day. No one deserves a baby more than them,’ he smiled sadly at his wife.

‘We’re really lucky aren’t we,’ her eyes brimmed with tears as she leant into her husband.

‘Yes,’ Jack pulled her close and kissed her temple. ‘We are.’

‘Aden,’ Belle looked up in surprise as her boyfriend marched purposely towards her, a massive grin on his face. ‘What are you doing here?’ she enquired. Butterflies formed in her stomach as she prayed no one would mention the job. Somehow word had already gotten out even though she wanted to keep it quiet for now.

‘Surprise,’ he beamed as he held up the wicker basket. ‘And also sorry for last night,’ he added sheepishly. ‘I am really proud of you Belle,’ he smiled. ‘You know that right?’

‘Yes,’ she nodded. ‘Come on let’s get out of here,’ she impulsively grabbed his hand and dragged him through the office. All around her people looked up as she hurried past, a few of them calling out to her.

‘What’s the rush,’ he laughed as she marched ahead, ignoring her colleagues as they tried to engage in conversation. ‘Belle, people are trying to talk to you,’ he stopped and stared at her in puzzlement.

‘It’s okay I’ll deal with them later,’ she insisted as she practically pushed Aden out of the door, her heart thumping.

‘Okay,’ he looked bewildered as she steered him to a bench overlooking the gardens. She leaned back and closed her eyes; the sound of the ocean in the distance instantly relaxing her. Birds sang overhead and the trees swayed gently in the light breeze that had suddenly picked up.

‘Lovely spot for a picnic,’ Belle mused as she opened her eyes and smiled at Aden. ‘Thank you,’ she kissed him lightly on the lips. ‘Are we celebrating something,’ she inquired as she noticed the champagne bottle sitting in the grass. ‘Besides my brilliance of course,’ she joked. ‘I don’t think I should drink much though, I have to go back to work after,’ she gazed at Aden in sudden confusion.

‘I know but I have some really amazing news,’ he beamed. ‘I just couldn’t wait to tell you. And one little glass won't hurt. We can have the rest tonight.'

‘Oh,’ she rubbed her hands together excitedly. ‘Tell me quick. You know I can’t stand suspense.’

‘Well,’ he paused dramatically. ‘I’ve only gone and been accepted into Uni!’ He looked at her expectantly, eager for her reaction. He knew she’d be thrilled.

'Rachel maybe you should take a break?’ Julie suggested gently as she watched her friend frantically flip through patient files, muttering to herself incoherently.

‘I don’t have the time,’ she murmured as she started trawling her way through the filing cabinet. ‘Where are those notes,’ she wondered out loud, tapping her foot impatiently on the floor. ‘And I’ve only been here a couple of hours,’ she sighed as she reached up and opened the top drawer.

‘Yes but you’ve already dealt with over a dozen patients,’ Julie argued as she stood beside her and placed a comforting hard on her back. ‘Rach you need to take it easy.’

‘And why is that exactly,’ Rachel turned and stared at her, her eyes brimming with anger.

Julie gazed at her, stumped. Her face flushed and she deeply wished she knew what to say. She knew nothing would ease Rachel’s pain but she prayed her friend would grieve properly and allow those who loved her in. Loud screams and cries suddenly filled the corridor and Julie found herself pushed aside as Rachel barged past her, dropping piles of paper to the floor.

‘Help, please,’ the frantic yells spurred Julie into action and she turned, ready to deal with the commotion. A heavily pregnant woman was crouching against the wall, not 20 metres from where Julie stood. A man who Julie assumed to be her husband was leaning over her, shouting for help as tears fell from his face. Rachel stood, frozen in the middle of the corridor. As soon as she’d clapped eyes on the woman she knew she couldn’t deal with her. Her heart started thumping against her chest as she frantically tried to stop the tears she felt welling up inside her. Please don’t she begged silently, blinking hard. She had to be professional. If she didn’t keep going then she’d have to face up to the thoughts that had been threatening to consume her in the 14 hours since it had happened. Tomorrow would have been 12 weeks. A day for her and Tony to celebrate. Relax. Finally embrace the thought of becoming parents and raising a baby together. But now it had gone. Again. Her shoulders started to shake uncontrollably and she struggled to breath.

‘Are you just going to stand there?’ What’s wrong with you?’ Rachel jumped back in fright as a mans face appeared just inches from hers, his eyes flashing with anger and fear. He grabbed her shoulders and tried to drag her towards his wife, who was now slumped on the floor. Only a few seconds had passed yet Rachel felt like it had been hours.

‘I’m sorry,’ Rachel stuttered. ‘I can’t, I can’t,’ she breathed as Derek rushed past her and helped the woman onto a trolley.

Rachel turned and ran, ignoring Julie’s pleas to stop.

Kirsty!!

Jack & Martha are SO cute :wub::( and little baby Laura :wub: oh and JM's little midnight tiff :(

I can't believe Rachel's been through so many miscarriages! I'm just wondering whats wrong with her, maybe her womb isn't strong enough to hold onto the baby, I know someone who had to get a stitch put inside her during every pregnancy after 6 miscarriages to stop the baby from literally falling out of her womb after so many weeks!

I just wish she would let Tony help her but I can see where shes coming from to, nothing anybody says or does won't make a blind bit of difference to how shes feeling right now. As for this Jazz situation this is only going to make her feel a whole lot worse, suicidal even!It would be nice if something happened to Jazz and Tachel adopted adoped Taylor!

I am loving JM atm , you are writing them so well, just don't let anything happen to Laura (oh and Rachel can't take her either ok ? :lol: )

Cant wait for an update!!!

Wow.Taylor's a girl?Didn't get that.That's interesting because Tony's never had a daughter although it couldn't have come at a worse time...Loving the stuff with the other couples too, you're writing it well.The ending was great, Rachel freaking out over the pregnant woman.

Jazz hasn't changed one bit. :lol: I can't believe she told Rachel that she was hoping to have 'fun' with Tony after she'd been told about Rachel and Tony being married. :rolleyes: I'm sure Tony would love to hear the words 'You have a daughter' but he definitely didn't expect Jazz to be the mother of his daughter.

Can't wait to see how Belle reacts to Aden's good news. I suppose she'll be happy for him but what will she do about her job? :unsure:

Poor Rachel! :( I know she wants to keep herself busy so she doesn't have to think about it but going to work so soon isn't a good idea. I wasn't even thinking about the pregnant women she would see at the hospital. I hope she'll be okay.

Please update soon.

Wow Kirsty! Just wow! So many things going on in that chapter!

Firstly, I felt very sorry for both Rachel and Tony in that first scene, Tony firstly because he really was caught in an awkward position there but I loved how he defended Rachel and got rid of any hope Jazz had of them having fun! Can't believe she suggested that in front of Rachel but it's very Jazz, you wrote her fantastically! Rachel I felt sorry for to, she's so wrapped up in trying to deny her grief that she's even leaving Tony with his ex girlfriend, something I'm sure she wouldn't be happy to do normally! You wrote her detachment from reality really well there and my heart broke for Tony as he tried not to let her go :( Can't wait to see how he reacts to having a daughter.

The little Jack/Martha scene was very sweet, how they're wrapped up in happiness (but realistic exhaustion) and how they're aware of how difficult it is for Tony and Rachel to see. I liked the little insight you gave us into Rachel and Tony's thoughts over little Laura, I'll be interested how they act now they've had another miscarriage, I can only imagine it getting more difficult. Loved the little line about Rachel insisting she wasn't to be referred to as a step grandmother :lol: It's the little subtleties like this that I love about your writing.

I loved Aden's excitement over his place at Uni and thought it was sweet how he couldn't wait to tell Belle. Wonder how he'll react when she tells him his news?

The Rachel scene at hospital was very in character - loved the inclusion of Julie and how she was looking out for her. So sad to see her freeze like that, I guess she might have finally cracked, can't wait to see what you do there!

Tomorrow would have been 12 weeks. A day for her and Tony to celebrate. Relax. Finally embrace the thought of becoming parents and raising a baby together. But now it had gone. Again.

That was just gut wrenchingly sad :( The little short sentences were really effective in portraying the coldness and bluntness of the situation.. they were so close yet ultimately so far.

Archived