Back To Normal

Guest brady!

Good update. I liked Ruby's little memory.

She stills seems reluctant to talk about what happened but at the end of the day thats going to be the best thing for her so that she can learn to move past what has happened and start to rebuilt her relationhsip with Charlie.

Looking forward to more. Update soon :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know it's very short and late but I just got back from hols so i only wrote that now.  Enjoy!

Ruby began to make her way back to the centre, Xavier didn't follow her he knew she needed to be left alone. She was half way back when she beagn to feel weak and light headed, she had used up all of her energy. Before she knew it, she was  lying on the ground surrounded by a thick wave of blackness. 

Charlie cancelled the appointment with Angelo since Ruby never came back. She walked around the centre grounds many times but was unable to find Ruby. She decided to walk beside the nearby river. After a half hour of fast walking Charlie started to get worried, she knew Ruby was tired and weak. In the distance Charlie could see someone laying on the ground not moving, she strengthened her pace, when she drew closer her heart froze as she recognized the locks of hair covering the persons face.

"Ruby!" screamed Charlie as she ran towards Ruby. She knelt down beside her and started to shake her. "Ruby, wake up. Wake up baby." Ruby began to stir, she groaned when she slightly opened her eyes. Charlie brought her into a huge embrace and said "Ruby your exhausted, you shouldn't have walked out this far." Ruby released herself from the embrace and stood up and said "I'm fine, leave me......" instantly Ruby began to feel dizzy and weak. Charlie caught her before she fell. "Your not fine. Your far from fine Ruby. And no matter how many times you say it, I won't leave you alone, I'm your mother whether you like it or not and I'm here to help you." Ruby said nothing. Charlie began to take out her phone and said "I'm going to ring the doctor." Ruby instantly replied "Please don't. I know I'm not fine but I don't need a doctor. I'm just a bit tired. I can make it back if you help me." Charlie smiled and tightened her grip on Ruby's waist and said "Ok."

Charlie kept a tight grip on Ruby's waist all the time, half way back Charlie could see that Ruby was close to collapsing, she brought her towards the nearby bench and sat her down. Ruby was glad for the break. "Thanks... for helping me."

Charlie smiled and took Ruby's hands in hers. "You don't have to say thanks. I'll help you any time, any where."

"But I do have to say thanks, the past few months I've been such a mess. You didn't deserve me being so disrespectful. I should have dealt with things differently." replied Ruby. 

"It's not too late to change. I'm still here." smiled Charlie squeezing Ruby's hands.

"I want to. I don't know what kind of relationship I want or you want. I don't know if I want the old one back or a new one but I know I want a relationship with you." 

Charlie's eyes began to well up with tears. She kissed Ruby on her forehead and pulled her into a tight embrace. She whispered "I've missed you, us and this." Ruby tightened her arms around her mother and replied "Me too."

Archived