Back To Normal

Guest brady!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER SEVEN

"We leave tomorrow"

Ruby lay in shock when Charlie left the  room. First of all she didn't want to go and waste her time in a stupid center in the middle of nowhere and next of all she definitely didn't want to spend her time with her so called mother. But Ruby knew no matter how hard she could scream and shout she knew that Charlie wasn't going to change her mind. When she was speaking to Ruby, Ruby could see out the corner of her eye, the determination on Charlies face. 

The next day Charlie packed all of her and Ruby's bags, she had rang the station the night before informing them she was taking some leave. Before she left to collect Ruby she said her farewells to Leah.

"I think it's time for me to leave." said Charlie as she walked into the kitchen.

"Oh ok, I hope this trip helps."

Smiled Leah, hugging Charlie.

"Thanks Leah. I'll call you once we get settled" said Charlie walking out the door.

"Bye Charlie."

At the hospital Dr. Andrews was just carrying out a last minute check-up on Ruby.

"Okay Ruby, everything seems to be ok. I think it's time to take off the bandage around your head. Ruby gave a little nod, not really paying attention. Dr. Andrews took off the bandage to reveal a small scar which could be easily hidden by Ruby's fringe. He took a closer inspection but found nothing wrong. 

"Okay Ruby you've got my all clear. Just keep your wounds clean and I wish you the best of luck in 'water valley center'. A nurse will be back in a while with your crutches and the discharge papers for your mother to sign."

When Ruby heard the last sentence she flinched a little. She never got used to hearing the M word.

Ten minutes later a nurse arrived back into Ruby's room with Charlie alongside her.

"Okay Ruby your mother signed all the papers so your good to go." smiled the nurse. Ruby reached out for her crutches and grabbed them. She slowly put her two legs to the ground and began to lift herself up. Without thinking she lost her grip on one of the crutches and fell back onto the bed, Charlie rushed over to assist her but Ruby shook her off. The nurse intervened and said "Do you need some help Ruby?"

Ruby shot both Charlie and the nurse a glare and said "I'm fine!" With that Ruby got back to her crutches and made her way out of the room using all her strength. When Charlie and Ruby reached the car, Charlie went around to Ruby's door, to try and help her in but Ruby got in before Charlie could. Charlie wanted to say something but she let it go, knowing she was lucky to have Ruby in the same car with her. Ruby began to fall asleep because of all the energy she put into getting from her hospital room to the car. Nobody said anything to each other. Charlie made a few stops but Ruby wouldn't get out of the car. Charlie asked her if she wanted anything but every time she got no answer. Charlie finally broke the silence when she started to read the sign in front of her "Welcome to Water springs'.

Hey guys a knows it's a very very short chapter but I got no time this evening due to homework and I couldn't go on the computer so I had to do this on my phone. Enjoy anyways. 

*preview of next few chapters*

• Charlie meets the local ranch owner Angelo. 

•Ruby meets Xavier who is recovering from an accident.

•Ruby smiles and laughs.

•Ruby has a counselling session.

CHAPTER EIGHT

“Welcome to Water springs.”

When Charlie and Ruby reached the center, Charlie saw that Ruby was sleeping so she left her in the car while she checked in. While she was checking in a doctor over heard her.

“Hi, Ms. Buckton, I'm Dr. Roberts, I'll be helping Ruby with her physiotherapy.” smiled Dr. Andrews as he shook Charlies hand.

“Hi, so when do we start?” asked Charlie.

“Well I'll leave you and Ruby settle in tonight and tomorrow the both of you will be shown around, so hopefully in the next two days Ruby's physiotherapy will start.

“Ok.” replied Charlie.

“Ok so Ms. Buckton I'll leave you get settled in, I'll see you and Ruby tomorrow.”

Charlie went back out to car but Ruby wasn't in it. She started to walk around the grounds to look for Ruby. After a ten minute walk, she found Ruby leaning against fence and staring at the horses in the distance. Charlie stood back for a while but after a few minutes she decided to go to Ruby.

When Ruby woke up she saw Charlie going inside a building, so she seized her chance and started to wander around. When she saw the horses she started to remember the last time she was near horses.

“Look at the horsies Charliee, look at the horsies!” screamed a hyper five year old Ruby.

“How about you go and stroke it Ruby?” smiled Charlie.

“No I'm too scared.” said Ruby looking up at her sister with pleading eyes.

“Ok ok, I'll go with you.” laughed Charlie as she picked up Ruby.

Ruby couldn't believe that she still remembered that. Ever since that day she loved horses, but she never got the chance to pursue her love of horses because of different reasons, like living in the city, her grandmother getting sick and then moving to Summer Bay.

Ruby was taken away fro her thoughts and memory's when she felt a hand being placed gently on her shoulder.

“It's a nice view.” smiled Charlie as she stood beside Ruby. Before Charlie could say anything else Ruby quickly turned around and started to move away. Charlie didn't go after her, she stayed and took in the view. When she heard someone come up behind her, she thought it might be Ruby but instead she turned around to see a tall, tanned muscular man with nice facial features and brown/sandy hair coming towards her. When he reached her he smiled and said “It's a nice view isn't it.”

“It really is, I don't usually see this.” replied Charlie.

“Ya I never get tired of seeing it.” said Angelo.

“So you must live here then? Your not here because of the center?” asked Charlie.

Angelo shook his head and smiled “No, I'm Angelo...” Charlie instantly knew who he was and finished off his sentence “The ranch owner.”

Angelo laughed and said “That's me.”

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER NINE

"The Ranch owner"

Charlie and Angelo started to walk back towards the center.

"So what are you here for?" asked Angelo smiling at Charlie.

"My daughter needs treatment on her leg." 

"So how long do you think you will be here for?" 

"The doctor said two months but he wasn't really sure."

"Well while you are here you should come down to the ranch."

"I would like that." replied Charlie just a she stopped at her car. 

"Am I'll see you later so?" asked Angelo.

"Ya I'll see you later." smiled Charlie. 

When Angelo walked away Charlie got the bags out the car and started to make her way towards the lodges. She found Ruby sitting outside the lodges with her iPod on. Charlie dropped the bags outside the door of their lodge and sat down beside Ruby. Charlie pressed stop on Ruby's iPod and began to speak.

"I know you hate being here. I know you hate having your leg hurt. I know you hate life. But most of all I know you hate me. " Charlie noticed Ruby flinch a little but she continued on.

"When I gave you up, I was doing what was best for you and that's what I'm doing now. All my life I made it my goal to protect you and it will always be that way, no matter what place, time or circumstance. I will always love you. When I told you that I am your mother I knew you would hate me but I also knew you wouldn't let that ruin our relationship. I'll be here when your ready to let me in." Charlie stood up and before she walked away she said one more thing "Please don't wait too long because I miss my Rubes." Charlie walked away and went inside the lodge. Ruby sat there and let the tears flow. The tears she held back for months.

The next morning Charlie had gone out for a walk so Ruby decided to go to breakfast in the main building by herself. When she got there she got a few pieces of fruit and sat down at a vacant table beside the window. She started to think about what Charlie had said the night before. Just when she was deciding what she was going to do, Ruby was interrupted in her thoughts.

"Hi, I'm Xavier, when did you arrive? I haven't seen you around here before?" smiled a tall blonde boy as he sat down across the table from Ruby.

"Yesterday." replied Ruby. 

"Where do you come from?" smiled Xavier as he started to mess around with his food.

"A place." said Ruby coldly. She didn't go to center to be inquisitioned by a boy she didn't even know.

"Your not much of a talker are you?" laughed Xavier. "So, are you going to tell me your name?" asked Xavier. Ruby didn't reply. "Okay so, I'll guess it. I know it begins with R because of your necklace." grinned Xavier. Ruby instinctly put her hand up to her necklace and tucked it underneath her top.

"Regina." 

"Rebecca."

"Rachel?" 

After a few minutes Xavier grinned at Ruby and said "I have it, you come from a foreign country, you don't know much English and that's why you won't talk, and you have a foreign name. It's Ralph isn't it? I bet you are a Ralph. You look like a Ralph."

Ruby couldn't help but smile and laugh at Xaviers enthuaism. "It's Ruby."

Xavier smiled at Ruby and put out his hand and said "Welcome to Water springs Ruby."

When Charlie arrived back from her walk she found Ruby watching t.v. Charlie got changed and got herself ready for the first physiotherapy session with the doctor. She hoped it would go well. After she was ready she walked back into the living area and said "Its time to leave for your physiotherapy session Ruby." She didn't expect what was going to happen next. "Ok." replied Ruby. Charlie couldn't help but have a big smile all over her face.  

Archived