Back To Normal

Guest brady!

Great Fiction so far!

Want to see Ruby's reaction when she wakes up and finds out Charlie's been with her!

I like the way you've taken quotes and based the chapter on that, its clever.

Can't wait for the next update :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys sorry its a small update, i was really busy today

CHAPTER FOUR

"Steve look out!"

Even though Ruby was unconscious she could still remember her last words before the crash. She remembered feeling intense pain and nobody moving. She remembered flashing lights but everything seemed to go black then.

Ruby began to hear beeping noises all around her. She could feel a piercing pain in her right leg, and she felt tight bandage around her head. Even though she couldn't open her eyes she knew where she was, why she was there and she knew what was around her but she didn't know who had a soft grip around her hand.

Charlie sat all night with Ruby. While she held Rubys hand she started to drift into a sleep, she started to dream about how things could have been different. 

"Say goodbye to your grandparents Ruby." said Charlie to the nine year old girl.

"Bye granma, bye grandad." said Ruby giving her grandparents a big hug.

"Bye Ruby and Charlie. Have a nice holiday!" said Ross and Elsie together.

"So where are we going on holidays mom?" asked Ruby eagerly.

"We're going to a ranch, I know if we went to a beach you would get bored so I decided that we should go to a ranch with lots of horse. Your always on about horseriding." answered Charlie.

Rubys face instantly lit up, "Your the best mom in the world!" 

"Its only cause I love you Rubes! I love you lots..."

Ruby finished off the sentence "like jelly tots!"

Charlie was woken up when she felt Rubys hand move from under her and Ruby scream "Nurse! Someone! Please get this woman out of my room!" 

CHAPTER FIVE

“Please get this woman out of my room!”

Charlie couldn't believe she heard those words, she knew Ruby hated her but she never expected Ruby to react the way she did.

A nurse ran through the door when she heard all the screaming.

“What's wrong?”

“Get her out of my room!” screamed Ruby pointing at Charlie.

“Are you sure Ruby? Are you in pain? She is your mother.” replied the nurse as she stepped closer to Ruby.

“Get her out now!” shouted Ruby. She wouldn't even look at Charlie.

The nurse turned to Charlie and was just about to speak but Charlie opened her mouth and said “Ir's ok I'm leaving.” Before she left she turned to Ruby and said “I'm not going to give up on you Ruby.”

When Charlie went out into the hall tears started to stream down her face, she went to the bathroom and stayed there for a while. When she went back out to the hallway she saw Dr. Andrews making his way towards her. She quickly wiped away the tears that were still on her face and greeted him.

“Dr. Andrews, hi.”

“Hi, Charlie. How are you this morning?” asked Dr. Andrews politely.

“Am don't worry about me, how's Ruby?” replied Charlie, eagerly awaiting an answer.

“Well the good news is that she looks a lot better this morning, she seems to be recovering well from the surgery but it does look like she will need a lot of rehab for her leg. I would like to recommend 'Water valley center'. It has helped quite a lot of patients like Ruby.” said Dr. Andrews.

“Ok.” replied Charlie. Dr. Andrews left Charlie with a brochure of 'Water valley center'.

She started to read it 'Water valley center provides a serene and healing environment for people in need of rehabilitation. We assist clients in restoring their lives by employing a comprehensive treatment process while concentrating on their individual needs. The treatment offer many activities such as Horse riding with the local ranch owner Angelo, swimming in the four pools, soccer and many more activities. Water valley center is found deep inland, in the heart of green fields, river and waterfalls.' Charlie knew that was what Ruby needed so she decided to ring and book a place straight away.

CHAPTER SIX

"Water valley center"

Charlie kept trying to decide how she would break the news to Ruby. How was she going to tell Ruby, that she and her mother who she hates were going to a center together. Charlie knew it would be a battle just to get into Ruby's room, but she knew she couldn't let Ruby win this battle. Charlie hoped that 'Water valley center' would heal Ruby's leg but most of all she hoped it would heal their wounded relationship. 

After phoning 'Water valley center' Charlie made her way towards Ruby's room. She stood outside the door and leaned against the wall for a minute and said to herself "You can do this, you can do this." With that she pushed down the handle on Ruby's door and walked into the room. 

Charlie expected Ruby to scream like she did before but instead she remained quiet. She looked up at Charlie for a second but then returned her attention to the television in the far corner of the room. Charlie made her way over to the chair beside Ruby's bed and sat down. She took a deep breath and started to speak "Ruby I'm so sorry for everything. I know you hate me. I know that you can't stand to be near me and I get that but that will never stop me from loving you." Charlie took another deep breath and waited for Ruby to say something but she continued to stare at the television. Charlie spoke again "Dr. Andrews told me that you will need rehab for your leg, he told me about a place called Water valley center. It's supposed to be great. So I've decided to bring you there. And before you scream at me, it's already booked, and I'm not canceling." Charlie waited for Ruby to react but she didn't she just remained still. Charlie decided to leave Ruby and let her digest the news before she left the room she said "We leave tomorrow Rubes." Ruby didn't even flinch.

Charlie left the hospital and went to Irenes to collect some of Ruby's belongings. She met Irene in the kitchen.

"Hi Irene, do you mind if I collect some of Ruby's stuff?" asked Charlie knocking on the door.

"Hi Charlie, ya of course you can. How is Ruby? I'm sorry that I didn't visit her, the diner was understaffed." replied Irene.

"Its ok Irene. Well she is better today. Her leg needs a lot of treatment so that's why I'm going to take her to a center." said Charlie.

"That's great Charlie, I hope she gets the help she needs. So does this mean that you two are ok?" asked Irene.

"Am actually no, we still aren't ok but I know that we're going to get there. Hopefully this trip fixes her leg and our relationship." smiled Charlie.

"I hope so too. I know deep inside she misses you Charlie." 

Charlie and Irene talked for a little while longer, then Charlie collected some of Ruby's belongings.

When Charlie returned home she sat down on the couch and turned on the news. 

"Good evening Summer Bay. Yesterday we reported a two car collision resulting in a catastrophe of a car accident. Today we can report that two died. Steve Baker the driver of one of the two cars and Kylie Anderson one of the backseat passengers of Steve Bakers car. Two remain in critical conditions and two are stable." With that Charlie turned off the news and thanked God that Ruby was still alive.

Archived