Pippa Fletcher/Ross - Vanessa Downing & Debra Lawrance

On September 12, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Sunny Girl said:

Sadly, I think Pip is part of a  past Summer Bay.That has long gone. 

I really can not see her playing a massive part in the Bay's future.

She may pop in to celebrate for a day or so if the Bay acknowledges been on air for 30 years.

Sadly I have to agree I think we've seen the last of Pippa and Don Fisher for that matter too which is a shame I think the bay needs more figures like those two but the show seems to have moved onto a lot of a younger generation of characters now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just say Debra played Pippa from 1988-1990 and Vanessa played Pippa from 1990-1998 with guest appearances after that.

Could you imagine Debra doing storylines that Vanessa did? There's a lot that I can't imagine her doing, like Debra standing on stage singing at the variety show in 1988, and I have trouble imagining Debra playing Pippa during the Zac shark hunter storyline.

There's also a lot of things Debra's Pippa has said that I can't imagine Vanessa's ever saying, like Pippa telling Finlay if you go away with those boys you'll only be coming back to get your things. I also can't imagine Vanessa's Pippa giving Sally the silent treatment after Sally took those clothes back that she didn't like, I found that very childish and petty of Pippa.

I can very easily imagine Debra's Pippa with Tom, but I can't imagine Vanessa's Pippa with Michael.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pippa's 2009 return was so poorly written it was embarrassing. The fan reaction to it was so bad thatI'm not surprised the writers have decided not to go back there. Ths is typical of post 2008 Home and Away. Rather than say "We screwed up, we'll learn and do better", they say "We're not going back there again".

4 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a813839/home-and-away-legend-debra-lawrance-id-probably-go-back-as-pippa/

So Debra is open to a return. I still think they should bring her back if they can. Why not? Pippa is one of the most iconic characters. I miss her :(

Ironic that she thinks they wouldn't want a blonde Pippa as the original actress was blonde. She also says she woudn't dye her hair red again... does this mean she dyed it all those years?

• Like 2

I think Pippa was brought back in 2009 to fill in Irene's storylines like helping Belle through rehab and looking after Campbell kids.

As I think Lynne did film her scenes on time as she was due to go to London to do her panto.  

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

• 3 weeks later...