It's A Love Hate Kinda Thing

Guest matticus01

wow... thank you guys so much... work has been so draining, hence the lack of an update, but finally... I hope this one has paid off ^_^

Chapter Thirty One

Everyone

“Nic... Nic wake up... Nicole wake up... NIC,’ Romeo shook her violently before reaching into his pocket for his phone, only to realize he’d left his phone sitting on the table back at the beach house. He sighed, mentally kicking himself before shaking the unconscious blonde again, sighing as she started coming to.

“Nic... Nic are you ok?’ he asked as she looked around, looking a little disoriented before pushing herself up with the help of Romeo and nodding. “What happened?’

“I... I cant remember...’ Nicole mumbled, getting to her feet and stumbling as Romeo caught her.

‘...Whoa ok... lets get you home...’

She immediately shook her head. ‘...No...’

She sat on the couch at the Caravan park house with her head in her hands as Romeo walked over with a tall glass full of orange juice, gently tapping Nicole on the shoulder as she lifted her head up and smiled; taking the glass and thanking him before gulping down the juice.

“Are you sure your ok?’ Romeo sat down next to her with a worried expression as Nicole smiled unconvincingly at him and nodded.

“I’m ok, really... thank you!’ she replied sincerely grateful, sitting the empty glass on the coffee table in front of her. “I think I’m ready to go home now, will you walk with me?’

Romeo nodded. “Course, just let me grab a jacket for you,’ he replied as Nicole smiled and nodded, watching him get up and exit the room, hearing footsteps going up the stairs.

She sat waiting, turning as she heard the front door open and seeing Jai enter the house, smiling and waving when he saw her. She smiled back as convincingly as possible as he walked into the kitchen, grabbed an apple before joining her on the couch.

“Are you ok? You don’t look so good,’ Jai spoke as Nicole let a giggle escape her lips.

“Gee thanks Jai, just what a girl wants to hear...’

“No... I mean...’ Jai sighed as Nicole rested one hand on his shoulder.

“It’s ok... joking,’ she replied with a smile as Jai grinned and nodded back. He was just about to speak when something washed over him, he didn’t know what he was thinking but within seconds he was kissing Nicole.

-----------------------------------------

He jumped off the last step and walked back into the lounge room to find Nicole and Jai on the couch kissing, well... Jai was kissing Nicole.

Wide eyed and stunned Nicole pulled away and shook her head before sensing someone else was in the room as she turned and saw Romeo standing there making an ‘O’ shape with his mouth as tears stung in her eyes.

What would Geoff say? What would he do?

“I’m... so... sorry,’ Jai stumbled at his stupidity before jumping to his feet, running straight past Romeo and up the stairs.

“What just happened?’ Romeo asked.

Belle was lying in bed when a gentle knock on the door bought her out of her trance, sitting up she waited as the door opened and Irene entered the room with a bowl full of Pasta Carbonara and a cup of hot chocolate. She walked around the bed to Belle and sat down in the edge, handing the Pasta to Belle and sitting the hot chocolate on the bedside table next to a photo of herself and Aden taken only a couple of months after they got together.

“How are you feeling love?’ Irene asked as Belle shrugged and poked her fork into the pasta.

“Stupid...’ she mumbled as she sighed and slammed her head into the cushiony pillow behind her back. “How am I going to do this Irene, I cant even get my own life together let alone a baby’s...’

“Love... you can do this, I know you can and anyway, you wont be alone in this darl... you have Aden... and me, Geoff, Annie... even Ruby and Jai,’

“Yeah but I’m unstable... I mean look at my wrists Irene...’ Belle said sitting her bowl full of pasta on the bed and turned her wrists up to Irene who took her hands and pressed them together with her own.

“Love, your getting help now and you and Aden are as stable as ever... your going to do great,’ she said with a small smile as Belle dropped her head to one side, a gentle smile gracing her lips.

“You think?’

‘...I know!’ Irene grinned.

The next day

She was walking along the beach whilst reading some more of Nicole’s diary, smirking as her eyes shone and a plan formed in her mind, she reached the end of the diary, having spent most of the night up reading it, finding out some very interesting information about Nicole.

She’d been in quite a bit of trouble back in the city, binge drinking at school to being caught taking drugs and smoking, even going as far to light the bin in the girls bathroom on fire, causing another girl to get bad smoke inhalation.

“You have been a bad girl haven’t you little Nicci,’ Ruby grinned as she clapped the book shut before seeing Nicole further up the beach, rummaging through her bag looking a little worried. Ruby walked straight over to her and looked down at her as Nicole looked up, lifting one hand over her eyes to shield the sun.

“Looking for this?’ Ruby teased as Nicole looked even more worried. “I found it at school yesterday when I went back to grab some books I left behind and I must say... I found it a very... very interesting read,’

“You read my diary... How...’

‘... How could you blah, blah, blah look I’m onto you... and you know what...’ Ruby spat as she threw the book at Nicole and leant down so she was only inches away from Nic’s face. “No matter what you do, you’ll never be beautiful or skinny enough for Geoff,’ She smirked as Nicole gulped, getting back to her feet and turning as she headed toward the Diner, hearing small sobs escape Nicole’s features as she walked away; grinning broadly.

Belle was standing further up the beach as she saw the confrontation between Ruby and Nicole, she watched as Ruby walked away and saw Nicole break down as she began tearing pages out of the book Ruby had thrown at her just minutes before.

She walked down to Nicole, gently sitting down beside her as Nicole sobbed quietly as the book fell down between her legs. “You need help,’

Nicole’s head shot up as she eyed Belle, wondering if she too was making fun of her, but seeing the genuine worry in Belle she wiped her eyes. “What do you know?’

“Enough to know that you’re killing yourself, that you feel like your whole world is spiralling out of control and that doing that to yourself is the only thing you can control,’ Belle replied with no emotion in her tone, she wasn’t even looking at Nicole anymore but was staring out at the blue ocean in front of them.

“Two years ago Aden saved me from a certain death... I was living with my mum at the time and we were struggling to say the least after my dad died so my uncle started coming around to help out. One night after I met Aden my uncle came into my room... it had been happening for a while but after Aden saved me that day I just wanted it to stop... it never did, it was almost six months later when I met Aden again in the Diner, and after that we got to know each other, it was a year to the day that I tried to kill myself,’

Nicole looked at her intently, tears were streaming down Belle’s cheeks fiercely but it didn’t look like she had noticed. “My best friend; Ruby... found me that day and I’ve been severely depressed and suicidal ever since, that day Aden was rushed to hospital overwhelmed me I mean... he saved my life and the thought of not having him in it was too much so I tried to end it again but my point is... no matter what you do, the pain never stops; ever,’ Belle finally turned and looked at Nicole, choking back a couple of sobs as she took Nicole’s hand and ran her fingers over Belle’s scars.

“I’ll have those for life and now... now I’m also having a baby,’

Nicole looked up at Belle, feeling overwhelmed herself but also envy that Belle was getting her life together. “How did you get over it?’

“Honestly?’ Belle asked looking up to meet Nicole’s gaze as Nic nodded. “I haven’t,’

“Why don’t you hate me?’ Nicole asked as tears trickled down her cheeks as Belle smiled.

“I did but... I came to realize you didn’t mean it to happen and anyway, it takes too much energy hating people, but you need to accept and realize you need help before anyone can actually help you, and then you need to ask for it?’

Nicole wiped her eyes and looked down at the sand, she wanted so bad to ask Belle there and then for help but something was stopping her, Nicole jumped as Belle took her hand again. “When you’re ready... I’ll be here!’

And with that, Belle got to her feet, glanced down at Nicole’s pale and weak frame once more before heading up the beach toward the Diner.

It was time to confront Ruby.

Chapter 32

Will Nicole ask for help before its too late?

Ruby takes her revenge even further

Annie finds out Jai kissed Nicole

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nawwwwwwww you guys rock! I'm sorry its been so long since I updated... but I hope this is worth the wait!

Chapter 32

Ruby, Belle, Annie

“Ruby!’ Belle screamed as she reached her best friend before the girl entered the Diner. Ruby spun around and grinned.

“Belle hey...’

‘... What in the heck are you thinking Rubes... who the hell have you turned into?’ Belle could feel the bile rising in her throat at the thought that she didn’t know who Ruby was anymore.

“What... Belle what...’

‘... Nicole... the beach!’ Belle yelled as she scoffed and shook her head. “Jesus Ruby Nicole is sick and your turning it into a vendetta,’

Ruby laughed and crossed her arms over her chest defensively. “why are you sticking up for her after what she did to you and Aden?’

Belle closed her eyes and shook her head. “Because it takes much more energy to hate someone and I cant do that right now... not with what I’m going through...’

‘... What your... going – through?’ Ruby questioned, creasing her eye brows.

Belle sighed and nodded. “I’m... I’m pregnant, Rubes!’ she replied as Ruby gasped, clasping her hands over her mouth before pulling Belle into a breathless hug.

“Oh my god Belle... I’m so happy for you,’ she said as Belle pulled back and nodded.

“Thanks but... Ruby you have to drop this vendetta, it’ll eat away at you,’

“I wont let her have Geoff...’

‘Won’t... Rubes Geoff and Nicole are already together!’ Belle said as Ruby’s eyes widened and her bottom lip began to quiver. She quickly pushed past Belle, knocking her into the ramp sidling and taking off toward the Surf Club. Belle grabbed her back and yelled out in pain before taking hold of the rail as she fell to the ground.

Tears streamed down Belle’s cheeks as she instantly clutched her stomach, hearing footsteps and seeing Irene emerge from the Diner to see what was going on, finding Belle in a heap on the ground she gasped.

“Oh gawd love... what happened?’ she leant down beside her foster daughter, worry etching across her wrinkled features. “Are you ok?’

“Can you... help me in... inside?’ Belle wiped her eyes as Irene took her hands and helped the fragile teen up and inside the Diner where she sat her on a chair. Colleen came bustling out from the kitchen after seeing Belle in pain.

“Colleen can you get Belle a glass of water and dissolve two panadol tablets please?’ Irene asked as Colleen nodded and bustled back into the kitchen and returned a few minutes later with a bubbling glass of water.

Belle thanked Colleen and took the glass, sculling it before handing it back. “Irene can you call Aden to come and get me please?’

“Love your not going back to school are you?’ Irene asked as Belle nodded, lifting her hands in defeat. “You and your stubbornness girlie,’ she mumbled as she headed into the kitchen to phone Aden.

--------------------------------------------------------

Aden raced through the Diner entrance and threw his blue school bag down as he saw Belle sitting at one of the tables. He closed to gap and bought her into his arms as she began sobbing gently into him as he ran his hand over the back of her hair and shushed her gently.

“It’s ok... I’m here now,’ he whispered gently into her ear as Irene exited the kitchen and stood before them.

“Love she wants to go to school so keep an eye on her please!’

Aden nodded and kissed the top of her hair. “You got it Irene!’

She was packing her bag for school when a knock at the door made her look up, an instant smile crossed her features as Jai walked through the door.

“Hey,’ Annie chirped as Jai nodded and looked down at his feet, her smile instantly disappeared. “Whats wrong?’

“We need to talk,’ he replied, refusing to look her in the eye. Annie creased her brows and turned away from her bag.

“Jai what’s going on? What happened?’

He slowly looped up, meeting her gaze once before dropping his head down again, twisting one foot nervously. “I... I did something bad I... I’m sorry Annie I never meant-‘

‘-Never meant what? Jai what is going on?’

“I kissed Nicole,’ Jai blurted out.

Annie gasped.

She stormed through the school corridor and saw the blonde leaning up against one of the lockers clutching a couple of text books and talking to Geoff. Stomping up to Nicole before she had even seen her she was fuming, Geoff saw the anger in her eyes and went to step between them but Ruby quickly pushed him away as Nicole turned to her.

SLAP. She slapped Nicole fair across the cheek, as her chest rose and fell angrily, watching Nicole clutch her cheek. “You dirty... filthy, skanky little Bulimic bitch... how dare you steal Geoff from me, your not pretty...’

‘...Nicole-‘

‘-But out Geoffrey,’ Geoff began to warn Ruby but she cut over him, glaring at him with wild eyes... “Your not pretty, your not anything and I know ALL your dirty little secrets... no one wants you here, no one cares about you... I hope this disease kills you so we don’t have to look at your filthy face any longer...’

“THAT’S ENOUGH,’ a voice bellowed behind Ruby as everyone turned to see people standing around the hallway watching the confrontation. Tears were streaming down Nicole’s cheeks as Geoff pulled the blonde into him and she began sobbing. Ruby was stunned to see Belle and Aden standing there, Belle had her arms crossed over her chest and Aden was standing behind her with his hands on either side of her shoulders.

Belle stepped away from Aden and came face to face with a fuming Ruby. “I don’t even know who you are anymore, your not the person I know and love... you’ve turned into someone I don’t want to know... Jesus Ruby you don’t go saying you want someone dead... TO ANYONE! If your acting like this you don’t deserve Geoff and... you didn’t even stop when you knocked me into the railing outside the Diner... you could’ve hurt me...’ Belle took a deep breath and puffed her chest out, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to say in front of everyone.

“You could’ve hurt my baby!’ she finished as gasps emitted throughout the corridor.

“Belle...’ Ruby choked out a whisper as Belle walked past her and over to Geoff and Nicole, standing beside them as Aden joined his pregnant girlfriend, Ruby spun around and looked at Geoff, tears spilling down over her own features as Geoff shook his head.

“When did you become so full of hate? I don’t even know who you are now-‘

She watched as Geoff cupped Nicole’s face and asked if she was ok before looking at Belle’s angry and disappointed face and Aden who just looked at her. “When we get the Ruby back we love then come and see us,’ Aden replied coldly as Ruby sniffed before turning and pushing people out of the way and out of the school with a pool full of tears.

Once Ruby had left Aden looked around. “Shows over people, get lost!’ before everyone turned to Nicole to see the red hand mark on the left side of her cheek.

“Are you ok?’ Aden asked as Nicole wiped her eyes and nose and shook her head.

“No...’ she whimpered as she looked toward Belle. “I need help!’

Chapter 33

Ruby's lost everyone... but someone offers her a shoulder, who?

The repercussions of Jai's kiss come to ahead

Belle, Aden and Geoff band together to help Nicole, but will Belle push herself too far?

wow thanks so much for all your wonderful comments, this is really a filler chapter for whats to come ^_^

enjoy

Chapter 33

Nicole, Romeo, Annie

The next day had come around in a blur for Nicole. She opened her eyes and yawned before pulling back the duvet and climbing out of bed. She was already hating today as yesterday Belle had made an appointment for her at the hospital to see a counsellor trained to deal with eating disorders.

Last night had to tell Roman and Leah about everything that had gone on and what she was doing, with the help of Belle and Aden beside her she did, Roman couldn’t believe that he hadn’t seen the signs and almost automatically started blaming himself, promising to pay more attention to his daughter from now on. Leah promised that whatever Nicole needed that she would help as much as she could.

She stood on front of her mirror and lifted her pyjama top up, seeing her ribs protruding through her skin, a sign of just how sick she had become over the last few months since moving to the Bay. She let her top drop down and joined her middle finger and thumb together around her wrist, only just realizing the extent of what she had done to herself.

Looking back in the mirror, she saw the red blotches under her eyes, and that her cheeks were drawn in together starting to show her cheek bones, she looked pale, sick; fragile.

Deciding she couldn’t hide in her room all day she slowly made her way down the hall before descending the stairs and walking into the kitchen, Roman and Leah were nowhere to be seen but Belle and Aden were sitting at the table waiting for Nicole.

“Hey Nic,’ Belle looked up and smiled as Aden nodded his head. “How are you feeling?’

Nicole nodded. “Okay I guess, so whats going to happen?’ she sat down across from Belle and next to Aden and yawned, still very tired due to the lack of energy.

----------------------------------------------------------

She sat at the hospital waiting for the psychiatrist to come and see her, she hadn’t eaten yet, mostly being afraid she’d get that overwhelming feeling to purge like she usually did. Both Belle and Aden sat beside her as they all waited, Belle being the most patient.

“Nicole?’ the woman walked around the corner and looked at the group as Nicole stood up and nodded. Belle took her hand and whispered goodluck to her, watching as Nic entered the room and disappeared behind the closed door.

She couldn’t believe it, she couldn’t believe Jai had kissed Nicole, she couldn’t believe he’d gone behind her back like this and it was crushing as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was sitting on the couch with her head in her hands sobbing when Irene came down stairs and saw the brunette; rushing straight over to her and sitting beside her.

“Love what’s wrong?’ Irene questioned, she’d never really seen Annie cry, only when welfare had taken Annie and Geoff away from their grandfather at the farm was the only time she’d seen girl crying. “Love talk to me,’

Annie looked up from her hands and Irene could see her red puffy eyes as she sniffled before speaking through sobs. “Jai k-kissed N-Nicole!’ she broke down leaning into Irene as the older woman wrapped her arms around the distraught teenager.

“Oh love... ssshhh its ok darl, let it out,’ Irene comforted rubbing one hand up and down Annie’s upper arm as Annie clutched at Irene’s night gown and shook as she cried into the woman.

The Next Day

She climbed out of bed and went straight into the bathroom to get ready to head over to Nicole’s, it was the second day in a row that she hadn’t even bothered to eat breakfast, much to Aden’s pleading with her to look after herself as well as try to help Nicole, but Belle only took it with a grain of salt.

She got dressed after showering and grabbed her bag out of her room, trying to exit the house but Irene stopped her. “Missy you need to eat!’

“Yeah I will,’ Belle promised seeing Irene’s vegemite on toast sitting in front of her; she grabbed a piece and waved as she ran out the door eating the toast.

She met Nicole on the beach as they decided to go to the hospital together, both having appointments with their therapists just 10 minutes apart from one another. Nicole felt a whole wave of emotions at everything that was going on around her and it was so overwhelming, she was just glad that she had finally found a friend in Belle.

She was also happy because Geoff was going to be meeting her at the hospital after his footy training; accompanied by Aden who was taking Belle out to Dinner later that night. “How’s your counselling going?’ Nicole asked once the girls finally met at the beach and started their walk toward the bus stop.

Belle nodded with a smile. “Yeah good I think, I’m finally starting to see things in a different light but I feel like I just need to talk about all the recent stuff thats happened lately, me being pregnant, Ruby changing, us becoming friends, you and Geoff... I just don’t need anything weighing me down and I don’t want to slip again, I don’t... want my life to go back to that,’

Nicole nodded in understanding as they reached the bus stop just in time as the bus turned the corner. Both girls got on the bus, paid their fair and took a seat half way down the bus; once seated Nicole spoke.

“Before I came to the Bay I lived with my mum and... she was a drunk to say the least, she had some good days of course but, I’d come home from school and she’d be on the sofa drunk with two of three bottles lying on the floor beside her.

It got to that point that no one cared so I started smoking at school, drinking when I could, going out partying all hours of the night and one day at school after a huge bender I was smoking in the girls’ bathroom and someone came in and I freaked and thought it was a teacher. The bathrooms are pretty big at the school I went to and I ended up throwing the smoke in a bin full of paper towels and taking off, about half an hour later the smoke detectors went off and we all ended up outside. I later found out my best friend got severe smoke inhalation when the bin caught fire and now she has bad lung problems... every one found out and I never heard the end of it, thats how I ended up on Trazodone,’

“Is that why you came to stay with Roman?’ Belle asked as Nicole nodded.

“I got expelled from school, mum reckoned she couldn’t ‘deal’ with me anymore so found out where Ro-dad lived and packed my stuff,’

They had finally arrived at the hospital and walked through the entrance and took the elevator up to the specified level before seeing reception and being told to wait on one of the hard plastic chairs around the corner.

Nicole had only just sat down when her counsellor called her name, she bid ‘bye’ to Belle and said if she was finished first she’d wait out here for her and disappeared inside the room; leaving Belle sitting there all by herself.

Half an hour later Geoff and Aden arrived at the hospital and asked what level they needed to take, after finding out they took the elevator. Exiting at their stop they saw Belle exiting a room looking a little pale, Aden’s features darkened as he fastened his stride toward her.

“Babe...?’ he questioned, instantly wrapping one arm around her waist as she looked up at him.

“Aden... I feel diz-‘ she stopped mid sentence before her legs gave way and she fell into Aden’s grip as her eyes fluttered shut.

“Belle... BELLE-‘ he screamed as a nurse who had seen what had happened came rushing over with a wheelchair.

“Whose her doctor?’

“R-Rachel um... Dr Armstrong,’ Aden stumbled as he sat Belle in the chair just as she started coming to, lifting one arm up to her head and rubbing her temple slowly.

“W-what happened?’ she mumbled as Aden leant down in front of her, cupping her cheeks with his hands.

“Have you eaten today?’ her quizzical look told him everything as he then leant up to the nurse and explained that Belle was pregnant and asking her if she could get Belle something to eat. The nurse nodded before telling Aden to take her into room 102 which was empty whilst she grabbed some food for Belle and paged Rachel for them.

“Thank you,’ he whispered gratefully turning back to Belle.

--------------------------------------------------------

Belle was sitting in an empty office eating when Rachel came up to check her over, luckily Nicole was still having her session so that was one less person to tell her off.

“Belle you need to eat, your body is changing and all your energy is going toward the baby now as it starts to grow so you need to keep you nutrients up otherwise what happened today will happen again,’

“See, what did I tell you,’ Aden warned his girlfriend as she rolled her eyes but her lips began twitching into a smile at her boyfriends protectiveness at her and the baby.

“Sorry Rach... I’m just not used to eating for two but I promise I’ll eat more,’ she said as she looked up at Aden before reaching up and taking his hand into hers. “I promise!’

She was just leaving the Diner with her head down as people were staring at her from every inch of the place, walking down the grass toward the Surf Club she wasn’t looking where she was going as tears were flowing down her cheeks.

She was knocked flat on her bottom with a thud as she groaned and moaned an ‘ouch’ before getting back up onto her feet and rubbing her bottom from where she had landed before looking up.

“Romeo...’

“Sorry Ruby I didn’t see you I was... well I wasn’t looking and... are you ok?’ he asked seeing her red, puffy eyes and black stains from where her eye liner and mascara had run.

Ruby shook her head. “I’m far from fine... everyone hates me, Geoff doesn’t want me and Belle wont even talk to me and now Geoff and Nicole are dating... so no I’m not ok!’

“Geoff and Nic are dating?’ Romeo replied sounding a little disappointed as Ruby nodded. “Oh... wow um, would you like me to walk you home, you can talk all you want or not at all, either way I can listen or just be quite,’

Ruby thought for a second before nodding and half smiling. “Sure, why not!’

Chapter 34

Someone is watching Belle

Nicole struggles to overcome her eating disorder

Annie breaks up with Jai

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so glad your enjoying this.

This is dedicated to Carina - because she's been so busy with school and her coursework that she deserves a bit of protective Aden to read up on hehe ^_^

Chapter 34

Ruby, Romeo, Annie

She opened her eyes and saw the sunlight pushing through the window, feeling very cramped in the single bed she craned her head to look behind her; seeing the sleeping form lying next to her. She turned and looked back at the window, mentally kicking herself as she thought of what had happened the night before.

Flashback

They walked through the gate and up the path, reaching the front door as Ruby pulled her keys from her pocket; pushing it in the key hole and turning as the front door clicked so she could push it open.

“Thanks for walking me, and listening to me ramble on,’ she smiled as Romeo nodded, looking into the dark house.

“Is no one home yet?’ he pointed inside the house as Ruby turned and once again saw that it was empty and dark and sighed.

“Charlie... my mum she, she works a lot so doesn’t get home till late and is pretty much gone when I get up so I may as well live by myself,’ Ruby replied glumly, Romeo nodded in understanding.

“Do you mind if I come in?’ he asked as Ruby looked up at him and nodded.

“Sure, I’d like that-‘ she smiled.

----------------------------------------

They polished off the bottle of wine that Ruby had stolen from her mums room, giggling and flirting with one another, Romeo wrapping one arm around her waist and pulling her over to him on the couch; she slammed into him and wrapped her left arm around his neck, playing with his hair as their faces were only inches apart.

“We shouldn’t be doing this,’ Ruby whispered in a pant as Romeo grinned.

“I know,’ he replied seductively as he closed the gap between them, pressing his lips against hers and pulling her closer to him as she intensified the kiss. She stopped and stumbled to her feet, pulling him up and toward her bedroom, pushing him onto the single bed before closing her door and pushing the lock down on it.

He sat up as she crawled on top of him, cupping his cheeks and smacking her lips back on his, breaking in between removing each others’ clothes and letting them fall to the floor beside them.

End Flashback

She pushed back the duvet, leaning down and grabbing her pink bathrobe and tying it around her frame before unlocking her door and exiting the bedroom, making sure she shut the door so no one would look in, that no one being Charlie if she was home.

She walked into the kitchen and stopped in her tracks when she saw Charlie sitting at the table with... Annie!

“Annie what... what are you doing here?’ guilt was spreading over her features as Annie looked up from her talk with Charlie and Ruby could see that Annie had been crying. “What’s wrong?’

“I broke up with Jai-‘

He slipped his shirt on and buttoned it up before putting his tie on and folding down his collar, looking in the mirror to make sure everything was neat he noticed the photo on the wall behind him and smiled as he turned and walked over to the picture which was joined with almost twenty other pictures, all of the same girl.

He had seen her at the hospital yesterday coming out of a room and slipped around the corner so as she didn’t see him, poking his head back around as he saw her brown locks, he smiled as he thought how beautiful she was and he had heard that she had announced she was pregnant but he had just thought she was joking.

He heard her call out his name. “Aden!’ It was always Aden bloody Jefferies and he watched as she fainted into his arms. A nurse came running over to her with a wheel chair and his heart sank as Aden confirmed what she had said; she’s pregnant!

He pulled one of the photo’s off the wall and ran one finger over her face, she had a smile across her lips, it must have been a good day for her because it was little she could smile and mean it, she was just coming out of the water after a swim, her hair was wet and clinging to her face and she had her head turned slightly.

He smiled.

She slipped her dress over her frame and slipped her feet into the black shiny pair of flats in front of her, she’d never been much of a heels kind of girl but she owned at least 6 pairs of flats, each a different color to the next.

She left her room and went to brush her hair in the bathroom, opening the cupboard and pulling out the hair brush as something fell into the sink with a ‘cling’ and looked down, stopping in her tracks and dropping the hair brush.

Hesitantly; she reached into the sink and picked up what had fell from the cupboard, shiny, sharp and pointy scissors sat screaming at her to make the slice as she gulped; tears springing to her eyes as she screamed.

“Aden!’

Nothing. “Aden-‘ she bellowed as her voice broke, this time she heard footsteps and within seconds Aden appeared in the doorway, worry etching his face.

He looked down at the silver shiny scissors that she held in her hands and rushed toward her instantly cupping her cheeks with his hands as tears rolled down her face.

“Take them... T-take t-them,’ her voice was broken as he quickly took them from her hands, he could feel her shaking violently and struggling to let go, he kept his eyes on hers and nodded as more tears pooled and her bottom lip quivered.

She finally nodded and let go of the item and Aden disappeared for a few seconds before returning and wrapping his arms around her frame and pulling her into him, cupping the back of her hand and shushing her gently as she shook with fear and broke down in his embrace.

“Rubes I’m off to work now. I wont be back until after midnight I don’t think so fix yourself something to eat ok,’ Charlie poked her head into the lounge room where Annie and Ruby sat, Ruby nodded her head and said goodbye to her mother; watching as Charlie disappeared and she heard the back door shut, she turned back to Annie.

‘- So what happened I thought you and jai were great?’

Annie nodded, wiping her eyes with the handkerchief that Ruby had gotten for her. “We were but he t-told me that h-he k-kissed someone e-e-else!’

Ruby’s mouth dropped open at what Annie had just told her and clasped her hands over her mouth in disgust before asking the question she soon would regret. “Who-?’

Annie looked up and choked back a sob. “Nicole!’

“Oh god Annie... I’m... I’m so, sorry I... I’ll get you another hanky,’ Ruby sighed, leaning across the couch and giving her friend a hug, the very couch that she and Romeo had started making out only hours before.

She got to her feet and rushed into her bedroom, closing the door as she saw Romeo putting his shoes on.

“Hey,’ he replied rubbing his head and tying up the last of his laces.

“Hey,’ she replied awkwardly. “Listen um, Annie’s here crying so can you wait a few before leaving, I’ll send her to the bathroom before sneaking you out!’

Romeo nodded, not wanting to disagree at all. “Sure-‘

She pulled back from his embrace and wiped her eyes as he stroked her cheek dry of tears. “I’m sorry,’ she whispered with a sniff.

Aden shook his head and smiled. “Don’t be sorry, I’m so proud of you, not many people would be able to do what you just did,’ he slipped his hand under her chin and lifted it up so her gaze met his and nodded. “Your amazing, your gorgeous and your perfect!’

She sniffed again before falling back into him, feeling as he once again wrapped his arms around her and cradled her, she dug her head into the crook of his neck, feeling safe, loved and finally like she had a purpose.

She exited the bathroom and walked back into the lounge room, stopping in her tracks at what she saw. Ruby was trying to sneak Romeo out of the house.

“Romeo,’ Annie blurted out in complete shock as Ruby spun around and Romeo slowly turned. “Ruby... what’s going on?’

AN: The next chapter will be set 5 months ahead but there will be flashbacks over whats happened, its a key point in the fic!

Chapter 35

5 months have passed, whats been happening?

• 3 weeks later...

So i didn't get as many flashbacks as I would have liked... but the next chapter will have a few!

I'm sorry its taken so long to update... I've been dealing with a few personal issues including my depression so this is not my best chapter and I apologize :|

Chapter 35

Belle

And reports are still surfacing over sightings of still missing 17 year old pregnant Belle Taylor. Belle Taylor who has been missing for almost two months now had been feared dead and had turned into a recovery of body but now new reports and camera footage have proven that the now still heavily pregnant teen is still alive.

The footage I am about to show is disturbing.

Aden, Irene, Annie, jai, Ruby, Nicole, Geoff and Romeo all sat on and around the couch anxiously waiting for the footage to come up on screen. It had been two months since Belle went missing on her way home from the Diner one night, and ever since then it had been a constant nightmare wondering if she was still alive.

A picture finally flickered on screen of a gun being held up to a pregnant woman’s head inside a bank. A man had her held by the back of the hair and was screaming at the other patrons in the bank who were cowering around the pregnant woman.

Then the footage disappeared.

We urge anyone who has any information on the where a bout’s of the missing teen to please call crime stoppers or the number on the screen. We urge any information is important to the safety of the heavily pregnant teen.

Grabbing the remote Aden turned the tv off and got to his feet, anger, worry and sadness over taking him as everyone else but Irene scampered out of the room and upstairs.

“I just want her back Irene... I want Belle back I... I want our baby back and I want them safe...’

“Love I know,’ Irene replied as tear stung in her eyes watching Aden pace back and forth, making fists.

“Why didn’t I walk home with her... why wasn’t I with her...’

‘... Love this isn’t your fault,’ Irene tried reassuring him as Aden stopped, shocking her with his next comment.

“I SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED HER...’ he screamed before falling onto his knees as loud sobs were heard. Irene jumped up off the couch and raced over to him, leaning down and pulling him into a hug as he began sobbing into the older woman.

“I just want Belle back... I want both of them back...’

She sat in the darkened room on the bed holding her stomach and rocking back and forth as the pain was starting to get worse. She hadn’t showered for a week, which meant someone would be coming soon to take her to a shower so she could get cleaned up but she couldn’t take much more of what she had been through.

Ever since she had been kidnapped, she’d been used for robberies, shootings but luckily everyone had survived, bank heists and it was stressing her out which wasn’t doing any good for her of the baby. She hadn’t seen a doctor for two months like she had been told to, her hair was all knotty and messy.

All she could think about was Aden, hoping that he hadn’t given up on her and hoping that he somehow knew she was alive. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked down at her wrists, her scars were fully healed now but were extremely visible from when she tried to take her own life.

Flashback

3 months ago

They got out of the car and locked their doors as Irene done the same and began walking toward the hospital entrance, Aden taking Belle’s hand and interlocking his fingers through hers as she turned and looked at him with a small smile gracing her lips.

They entered the hospital and took the lift to the fourth floor before walking over to the Nurses Station as Belle spoke.

“Hi um my names Belle Taylor and I have an ultrasound booked for today,’

The nurse nodded, sifting through a book before looking up. “Just take a seat and someone will see you soon,’ she replied with a smile as Belle nodded.

No sooner were they sitting down did a sonographer walk out of the room and call out Belle’s name. Belle looked at Aden and nodded before both got to their feet, she then looked at Irene. “Can you come?’

“Are you sure love?’ Irene asked as Belle nodded. Irene smiled and also got to her feet and followed them into the room, closing the door behind her.

“Ok Belle can you lift your top up and just lay down on the bed for me?’ the woman asked as she prepared everything whilst Belle lifted her top revealing her slight bump she had developed and settled herself down on the bed.

The woman reminded Belle that the gel would be cold before putting it on Belle’s stomach and taking the songraphic ball on Belle’s stomach and moving it around as a picture came to view on the screen and a small heartbeat erupted throughout the room.

Aden gasped as Belle squeezed his hand and looked toward him; no words were needed between the two as their gazes said everything.

“A strong heart beat, everything looks fine... so far you have a healthy growing baby,’ the woman said as Aden began laughing whilst tears ran down his cheeks, leaning forward and cupping Belle’s cheeks before kissing her passionately.

End Flashback

Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she lifted her feet up onto the bed and lay down in whilst still clutching her slightly larger bump, she had really grown in the last two months and it was now that she was meant to be having regular check-up’s at the hospital to make sure everything was ok.

Belle had been told that with such a small body the risk of going into premature labour would get higher the further along she went, and stress certainly wasn’t helping.

He lay on her bed hugging her pillow and had their last ultrasound was sitting next to him along with a framed photo of Aden and Belle down at the beach which was taken just after Belle had found out she was pregnant with her curly hair and green bikini as Aden held her around the waist whilst she was leaning forward slightly but had her head craned as they both looked at each other.

That... was one of Belle’s happy days!

Aden was bought back to reality when the phone started ringing loudly out in the kitchen, jumping up from the bed he raced out of the bedroom and saw Irene already on the phone speaking to someone, tears rolling down her cheeks and a huge smile on her face.

“Oh... omg love thank you, no were on our way,’ she hung up and turned to Aden who was standing in the hall watching her, Annie Geoff and everyone else had snuck down from upstairs to see what was going on.

Irene clasped her hands over her mouth. “They’ve found Belle, they’re taking her straight to the hospital,’

Tears sprung into Aden’s eyes as Irene picked up her car keys and grabbed her bag as everyone was pushing everyone to get to the car first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn’t even wait for the car to stop before he was out of it and through the emergency doors and straight up to the nurses station.

“Belle... Taylor...’ he panted out her name as the nurse pointed toward the double doors just as they burst open.

“BELLE,’ he screamed, racing over to her as she began crying and screaming out his name. He almost ran straight into the bed she was on before cupping her face whilst moving along with the bed and resting his forehead on hers as they both began crying. “It’s ok baby... I’m here now... I’m never letting you go again... ever... ever again,’

“Aden we need to check her over, make sure there’s nothing wrong with the baby,’ Rachel spoke behind him as he sniffled and nodded.

“Aden...’ Belle whimpered as she looked him in the eyes before more tears began spilling over. “Aden he raped me!’

Chapter 36

Who was it that kidnapped Belle and what did she go through?

What happened in those 5 months?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry its taken so long to update... I'm glad you liked it... at the moment I'm severely depressed so most things are hard for me to do at the moment.... I'm still waiting to see the doctor though, even getting out of bed is hard so this is quite a depressive chapter! sorry

WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE SCENES... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Chapter 36

Aden

He sat next to her bed and watched her sleep, her breathing was normal as she lay on her side, she had her legs pulled up to her bump and one hand was resting instinctively on her stomach. Her arms were covered in black, blue, purple and yellow bruises, some being only hours old and some being weeks old. Her hair had been washed and brushed but she had lost quite a bit from all the knots she’d had.

Aden watched her, not wanting to take his eyes off her until Irene came back in so he could go and use the facilities just in case Belle awoke and got frightened or distressed about where he had gone. After another half an hour Irene finally arrived with a bag of clothes for Belle and a bunch of magazines to keep her busy.

Aden exited the room and closed the door behind him, walking up the hall and turning to walk past triage, stopping in his tracks when he saw the police in there and a man cuffed to the bed. He looked at the man staring back at him with a wide grin across his face and Aden’s eyes darkened when he realized who it was.

Flashback

2 months ago

“Hey baby, yeah I’m just leaving the Diner,’ Belle walked down the path away from the Diner and toward the Surf Club, taking the smartest way home and sticking out in the open.

“Well were just heading home from the hospital, Nic had her appointment so message me when you get home safely, I love you,’ came Aden’s reply through the phone as Belle grinned.

“I will... promise... love you too,’ she replied before hanging up.

It had only been seconds after she’d hung up before a hand wrapped around her mouth and grabbed her, started to drag her toward the parked car outside the surf club. Belle tried screaming for help and trying to escape but he was too strong. All of a sudden she realized there was a white cloth over her mouth and she began to black out, her phone fell out of her hands and everything went black.

Her head was pounding as she awoke and let her eyes adjust; she looked down to see she was on a single bed which had sheets and even a pillow and duvet. She slowly pushed herself up and looked around the room, seeing that the bed was the only thing in the room, she heard the door unlock and watched as someone entered and she gasped.

End Flashback

“YOU,’ Aden screamed as everyone turned to see Aden, Charlie included he took toward the guy but Charlie got in his way and screamed for some help before another two officers also grabbed Aden who was still trying to push through them to get to Belle’s attacker. “How could you, you scum, filthy... your dead!’ Aden finally screamed as he was dragged out of the room.

Nicole, Geoff, Annie, Jai, Romeo and Ruby were sitting around the table talking when Roman walked through the door with Leah and Vj following soon behind them, they had dropped Irene back off at the hospital and had agreed to stay at the house whilst Irene and Aden spent the night with Belle.

“How’s Belle?’ Nicole jumped up and stood in front of her father as Roman gently took her arms and squeezed.

“They’re keeping her in for a couple of days, she was severely dehydrated and the baby was in major distress so they want to monitor the baby’s heart beat-‘ Roman stopped mid sentence as Nicole looked up at him, she could feel everyone elses eyes boring into Roman.

“Dad...?’ she questioned.

Roman sighed. “Belle was also raped and beaten!’

Nicole gasped as did everyone else in the room, Romeo instantly took Ruby’s hand and Jai got up and pulled Annie to her feet and hugged her as Nicole felt the bile rising in her throat before Geoff’s arms were resting on her shoulder’s.

Flashback

4 months ago

It had been a month since everyone had found out about Nicole’s eating disorder and surprisingly everyone had gathered around her to help her overcome it. Belle had been travelling with her to counselling sessions and she had gradually began eating a little bit every day, the struggle not to run to the toilet and bring it back up was enormous and a couple of times she had even slipped, but gradually Nicole had began to get better.

This day Belle also had her two month check-up to see if she and the baby were doing ok, they were going to weigh her and make sure she was the right weight, like they did to Nicole every day.

That was the down side of not going into a clinic, every day Nicole had to go to the hospital to get weighed, this helped the in knowing when she had slipped up and it slowly got harder for Nicole to lie and say she didn’t.

Thanks to Belle she was starting to get better.

End Flashback

Geoff took her by the arms and helped her to sit back down at the table, leaning down beside her and looking over toward Ruby who was being cradled by Romeo and Annie who was sobbing into Jai.

And thats when Geoff realized that Belle had bought everyone back together.

Geoff looked at Leah who was talking to Roman about something and whatever it was he nodded in agreement and watched as Leah disappeared upstairs.

“Roman what’s going on?’ Geoff asked as Roman half smiled at him.

“Leah’s going to set up the mattresses down here so everyone is together tonight. It’s been a long two months so I think everyone deserves to be together tonight,’

She was asleep when she felt it, she was cold and her legs were being moved, she reached; trying to grab the duvet but she couldn’t feel it. She panicked, her eyes flew open and she saw him on top of her, he quickly put a hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming like she was about to and as she looked toward her legs she saw that her pants had already been removed.

Tears filled her eyes as she began trying to escape him but he was stronger than her, he pushed himself down on her so she couldn’t move and reached his hand down and unzipped his jeans. Belle cried out, screaming through his hand and squirmed, trying to get him to leave her alone but nothing was working and then her eyes widened and she screamed out in pain as he removed his hand and violated her as she pushed her head and craned her neck.

She screamed as her eyes flew open and she looked around the room and then she saw Aden cupping her face as tears ran down her cheeks. Somehow she had thrust around in her bed so much she had ripped her drip out of her arm and blood was seeping down and dripping onto the bed.

“Belle... babe... its ok, your safe now,’ he whispered as her eyes searched the room before coming to rest on Aden’s. “Breathe,’ he whispered to her as she finally let out the breath she had been holding in.

Aden pulled her into his embrace and cradled her tightly as she broke down into violent sobs in his arms.

“State your name!’ Charlie spoke on the other side of the table. “For the record!’

“Markus John Bosworth,’ he replied angrily.

Charlie leant on the table and looked straight at him. “Markus Bosworth you are being charged with kidnapping, rape, endangering a childs life, assault and reckless endangerment you are not obliged to say or do anything but anything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law do you understand?’

“Yes,’ he replied as Charlie nodded to the other officer to turned off the tape. “Good because I hope you get life you pathetic piece of scum!’

Chapter 37

We find out more of what happened in the five months ahead

Belle cant handle the kidnapping, what will she do?

• 1 month later...

Finally a chapter, things have been hectic, I'm feeling better now though, xmas shopping has been my main thing atm... and work... but an update, dedicated to Carina for being there for me during a really bad patch!

Chapter 37

Charlie

The knock on the front made Belle jump as she just stared at the door, Aden came out of their room and looked at Belle. It had been a week since she had been found and it had only been a couple of days since she was released from hospital. “I’ll get it babe,’

Aden walked to the kitchen and opened the back door to find Charlie standing there wearing her police uniform, she had just come from having to testify in court over Belle’s kidnapping and various other charges that Markus had received.

“Please tell us its good news?’ Aden questioned as Belle came up and stood beside him, her stomach having grown since she went missing.

“It is, very good news, he got sentenced a minimum of 16 years jail with a non parole period of 3 years, it was an open and shut case and Belle didn’t even need to show up. The pictures the jury saw of when she was bought into hospital, along with the fact that she is now heavily pregnant made the conclusion very easy.’

“Thank you Charlie... so much,’ Belle was still bruised, but they were starting to fade into yellow and light purple bruises. Charlie nodded simply.

“There will be a piece on the news later so don’t be surprised if you get phone calls wanting an interview or something along those lines, you’ve become quite popular Belle, and so has Aden for just being your boyfriend.’

“But I don’t want to be popular, I just want to be simple old me again, why cant people just leave me alone, leave us alone,’ Belle was beginning to work herself up as Aden took her hand.

“Babe, breathe, remember little or no stress or you could go into early labour,’ Aden soothed and reminded her as Belle nodded, closing her eyes tightly and nodding as she took a couple of deep breaths.

“If it gets too bad don’t hesitate to call me ok, I wont have anyone harassing you,’ Charlie replied as Belle nodded and leant into Aden, resting her head on his shoulder. “I’ll catch you two later, take it easy ok,’

“Ok thanks,’ both Belle and Aden spoke in union before moving out of the way so Aden could close the back door. Belle; who was now beginning to slightly waddle headed back to the couch and was joined by Aden moments later.

“Are you ok, really? Because you haven’t been sleeping too well babe,’ he asked as Belle tried to make herself comfortable, having to lie down with her head on Aden’s legs to get comfy, she sighed.

“I don’t know... I feel numb and I’m having nightmares every night... I’m exhausted and- tired!’ she replied after yawning as she felt Aden beginning to stroke her hair. “And I know you hate not being able to hold me at the moment but-‘

‘-Babe I love you and you went through... hell and I’ll do as little or as much as you want, I’m just glad your home now!’

FLashback

4 months ago

He stood on the beach watching the sun rise, he had done the same thing for the last month since Belle had gone missing, doing what she usually liked doing on weekends when she didn’t have school and homework.

Nicole and Geoff had become even closer since they had gone public and Ruby had even begun accepting them as a couple but she still wasn’t talking to Nicole. Annie and Jai were back together after talking through everything and sorting through their problems and being honest with each other.

He turned and walked toward the Diner, knowing Irene would already be there. It took him a few minutes to arrive but when he walked in he was stunned to see Nicole and Ruby sitting at one of the tables talking. He raised an eyebrow before walking over to the girls and standing in front of them.

“Hey,’ Ruby looked up as Aden looked from one girl to another.

“Hi... what’s going – on?’

“I was asking Nic if she wanted me to go with her to her counselling session today, I know Belle usually went with her but-‘ Ruby suddenly stopped mid-sentence at saying Belle’s name and looked down, as did Nicole and Aden. ‘-Sorry-‘

“It’s ok, really,’ Aden replied nodding as Nicole looked back up at him. He hadn’t really taken much notice of how much better she was looking, Belle had really helped her in making a difference and getting better, if only she was here. “But you and Nic aren’t friends-‘

“Having Belle go missing has made me realize that life is short and anything could happen, and I want to make an effort and... I want her to know that we can be friends too,’ Ruby replied as both Nicole and Aden were looking at her, Nicole half smiling and Aden nodding.

“Belle will be proud Rubes!’

End Flashback

Later that night Belle was in the bathroom after just having showered and dressed, slipping her night gown over her frame and her baby bump, she was due to have another ultra sound tomorrow but both she and Aden had agreed not to know the sex of the baby until it was born, she needed a surprise.

Opening the medicine cabinet she pulled out the anti-depressants Rachel had prescribed her and slipped one out of the box, hoping she wouldn’t need them for long but something else caught her eye when she put the box back in the cupboard. Picking it up she held it in between her fingers, making it feel natural which made her gulp.

The silver blade was shiny and the voice in her head was telling her to do it.

Slowly, she moved it to her wrist and felt the pointy end pinch her skin.

• 1 month later...

soooooooooooo.... I hope you guys havent lost interest in this.... its only a few chapters off being finished....

BUt.... good news... very good.... I got another job today so I'm exstatic about that! and I've also been working on my new fic "Abandon" which I will post after I finish this!

anyway... chapter....

Chapter 38

Aden

He walked into the bathroom and saw Belle sitting on the edge of the bath clutching her stomach as tears streamed down her cheeks. Closing the space between them he leant down in front of her and rested his hands on either side of her cheeks as she looked up at him.

“Babe?’ he whispered as Belle leant into him and began sobbing uncontrollably into her boyfriends shirt, soaking her wet , salty tears through as Aden rubbed her cheek whilst whispering soothing voices into her ear, looking down and seeing the blade on the floor next to her. “It’s ok, were gunna get you some help baby, I promise,’

Helping her up from the side of the bath he led her into her bedroom across the hall and helped her into bed, staying with her until she fell asleep. Once he knew she wasn’t going to wake for at least a couple of hours he pulled out his mobile while walking out of the room and dialled Ruby’s number, waiting until he heard a small ‘hello’ on the other end.

“Rubes, get everyone over here, we need to help Belle!’

It didn’t take long for everyone to arrive at Belle’s house, all gathering around the table and waiting for Aden to explain what was going on. Finally after checking on Belle he took a seat at the table and sat the silver blade in the middle as all eyes were averted down to the blade. “We need to search the whole house and get rid of anything that can tempt her, anything, razors we’ll have to put away somewhere and knives but everything else, pencil sharpeners and everything else, I want gone. Belle’s been through enough already and she’s almost relapsed a couple of times and I don’t want her putting her life or the baby’s at risk!’

“Jesus, I knew she was having trouble,’ Ruby stated in shock as she ran her hands through her ruffled curls. “But I never knew she was relapsing, I’m in!’

“Me too,’ piped up Nicole. “If it wasn’t for Belle and Ruby and Geoff I would have relapsed by now... this is the least I can do, you guys have become my family!’

“Yeah me too.... and me... yeah I’m in... count me in too,’ Romeo, Jai, Annie and Geoff all spoke in unison with each other.

It took almost an hour to look and search throughout the whole house, in cupboards, under beds, in lids of cans, sticky taped under draws or cupboards. Finally everyone met back up in the lounge room and counted how many they had found.

“I seriously didn’t think she had this many scattered all over the house!’ Ruby gasped in complete shock.

“Are you joking, 25 all up?’ Geoff quiried as Aden nodded and sighed, collecting them all up into a bag and tying it off. “Yep... and everyone checked everywhere? Everything is away and out of sight?’

Everyone surrounding Aden nodded as Aden nodded, frustration beginning to set in as he exited the house and threw the bag full of blades in the bin before joining the others once again. “Thanks guys... everyone... it means a lot!’

“Hey,’ Ruby said as she walked over to him and took him into a gentle hug. “Belle’s our family just as much as yours and we’ll do anything for her, and for the baby!’ she said as everyone agreed.

“Thanks...’ Aden whispered before smiling. “So who wants coffee?’

2 Days Later

With all temptation locked away or having been thrown out Belle couldn’t feel tempted... although she still felt scared and insecure to be alone most of the time, even if Markus had been put in prison. Finally, with the help of Aden, Ruby and the others, Belle felt safe enough to return to school, having missed most of the tests for their end of school exams she was hoping she had studied enough throughout the year to know most of it all!

She clutched his hand tightly as they entered the school hates, her heart racing a million miles an hour and bile rising in her throat as she tried not to panic and collapse into tears as the fear also rose. Everyone was staring at her and the yellow and small purple bruises that were left over her body, her black eye not even visible thanks to Ruby and Nicole coming over earlier in the morning to help cover it up.

That made her feel a little better.

Her stomach was bulging out through her dress as she was only a week off being 7 months pregnant and only two months away from meeting their baby, they had decided to keep the sex a secret, not wanting to know until the baby was born but Belle had been tempted to secretly find out.

Classes were hard, seeing as Aden couldn’t be there with her, she had a couple of classes with Nicole and one with Geoff but somehow she made it through. She was sitting on the grass outside at lunch when she felt a sharp pain up her back and in her stomach but she passed it off as just cramps or stress or panic.

As the lunch bell rang and she saw Aden running toward her to catch her before he went off to footy, she got to her feet, the pain getting worse as Aden reached her, seeing the pain etched across her face.

“Hey wh-‘ Aden started as Belle screamed out in pain, almost collapsing as she clutched her stomach and then she looked up at him.

“Aden...’

“Babe what’s...?’

Belle screamed out in pain again, grabbing Aden’s arm for support as people started gathering around them in a circle.

Belle looked up at Aden, sweat particles visible on her forehead. “I think I’m having the baby!’

Nawwwwwwwwww.... two chapters in two days.... I'm on a role!

Carina - the job is working in the kitchen of a nursing home, yes its really good and pays really well and no I dont have to quit my other job ^_^

RR1 - hehe yes I am back! thanks for the kind welcome :)

Enjoy

Chapter 39

Everyone

They raced her through the double doors of emergency as Rachel greeted them with a wheel chair so Belle could sit down. Aden held Belle’s hand as another contraction surged through her and she screamed in pain as Rachel pushed the wheel chair into one of the rooms.

“How far apart are the contractions?’ Rachel looked at Aden who checked his watch.

“About five minutes!’ he replied as they helped Belle into the bed and made her as comfortable as she could get. Next a nurse hooked her up to an IV as Aden sat right beside her whilst the rest of their friends and family gathered outside the room waiting.

She was breathing heavily, panting and sweat was clearly visible over her face and chest as she sat with her legs propped up and a pillow behind her back. Her right arm was scrunching the hospital bed sheet and her other hand was squeezing Aden’s hand so tightly his fingers were starting to go purple.

“Babe... babe can you let-‘

“Dont you dare tell me to let...’ another scream emitted from Belle’s tiny frame as another contraction surged through her and she looked at him with glares full of hatred and pain. “Go... this is your entire fault!’ she screamed again before squeezing Aden’s hand as another contraction took over her, longer than the one just before.

Nicole, Geoff, Annie, Jai and Ruby were sitting down outside the room and could all hear Belle screaming as each contraction came along, Roman, Irene, Leah, Vj and Romeo had gone to get food and drinks for everyone.

Geoff winced as he heard another scream and Belle swearing all kinds off profanities at Aden and looked at Nic. “Are all women like that?’

Nicole laughed. “Only during the labour I mean come on Geoff, a woman’s pelvis stretches for the baby to come out, you try that and see what you’ll be screaming,’

“Point taken...’ Geoff fell silent as Nicole laughed and took his hand in hers, entwining their fingers before resting her head on his shoulder.

Roman and Irene thanked the lady at the kiosk as Roman picked up the box full of food and drinks that Irene had shouted for everyone. Romeo came racing over toward them holding a creamy colored fluffy teddy bear.

Irene laughed as Romeo showed her the bear and nodded in pride. “Its gorgeous love! Very cute,’

“Thanks Irene,’ Romeo replied with a nod, proud of himself. They all walked over to the elevator and took it up to the maternity ward Belle had been moved to.

“Ok Belle I can see the head ok so I want you to push as hard as you can for me ok,’ Rachel was at the end of the bed as Belle was leaning into Aden, breathing erratically and looking tired.

“I cant,’ she whispered, drowsiness starting to take over as Aden squeezed her hand and ran his other hand through her now wet hair.

“You can do this babe, only a couple more pushes and we can meet our baby,’ Aden reassured Belle as she slowly nodded before taking a couple of deep breaths. Finally she gathered all of her strength together and screamed out in agonising pain whilst pushing as hard as she possibly could.

It felt like forever; she had never gone through so much pain in her life but finally she heard a baby’s cry echo throughout the room as she puffed, falling even further into Aden as she began sobbing through her joy.

“Congratulations Belle, Aden... it’s a girl!’

“A girl... baby we have a baby girl,’ Aden cried through tears as he turned and cupped Belle’s cheeks, kissing her forehead as she rested her hands on his and nodded.

Rachel walked over to the couple and handed the baby girl which had been wrapped up in a blanket as both Belle and Aden gazed contently; she held the baby out as Belle took her, cradling her in her arms as the baby cries continued. “Hiii baby... hi gorgeous girl... Aden... it’s our girl,’ Belle whimpered as a smile crossed her lips as she pressed a gentle kiss to the baby’s tiny head.

“I know baby... are we choosing the name we decided on?’

Belle nodded as she looked up at Aden who was grinning through tears, leaning down he kissed Belle’s plush red lips before stroking the baby’s tiny head of hair.

“Welcome to the world; Leonella Jean Jefferies!’

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys.... this fic has been a blast to write but I think there is only going to be one or two chapters left! but... I HAVE A SEQUEL PLANNED..... :D

So... hope you guys enjoy this!

Chapter 40

Leonella

Two Weeks Later!

She was tired, very tired. Having been let out of hospital a week later after giving birth to Leonella Belle had gone home, but having to go back to the hospital every day to see her little girl had taken its toll on not only Belle, but also Aden. With Leonella having been 9 weeks premature she wasn’t aloud to go home with Belle and Aden until she gained more weight and was suckling properly. And along with hospital visits Belle had been preparing for the year 12 HSC exams which would be starting in two weeks.

He knocked on the front door as Belle looked up from having her head in her school books and smiled. Jumping to her feet she slightly skipped over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his lips lightly. “Hey,’

“Hey yourself gorgeous, get whatever you need for Nella to come home...’ Aden stated as Belle’s mouth dropped open and she raised her eyebrows as Aden’s grin broadened. “I just got a call from Rach.... we can bring her home; today!’

“Are... are you serious?’ Belle choked in disbelief before grinning as she began jumping up and down with excitement whilst screaming at the same time. “Oh my god, oh I have to... there’s so much to pack and... we’ve got to get the baby seat from Roman’s and... get... get more nappies and formula and...’

‘Babe calm down!’ Aden laughed as Belle was already running into the bedroom, following he watched as she raced around gathering things for them to bring Leonella home. “Slow down,’ he laughed as Belle spun around and looked at him before nodding with a smile and taking a few deep breaths.

“Ok... ok I’m calm!’ she replied, turning and looking at the cramped bedroom which now also held a cot, bassinet, baby change table and an extra tallboy for all the baby clothes, and a bouncer.

“I’m calm... ok... time to bring bub home!’

“Nic can I ask you something?’ Geoff and Nicole were walking along the beach holding hands and watching the sun set. It had been a long week of studying and pulling all nighters just to prepare for the upcoming HSC. “And please don’t be upset?’ he replied as they stopped and Nicole turned to face him.

“If your asking if I’ve relapsed; No I haven’t... I just haven’t been eating as much,’ She replied as Geoff nodded sighed.

“You do know...’

‘...I have to eat more... yeah I know and I will; I’ve just been so stressed about passing my HSC exams,’ moving her hands from Geoff’s she wrapped them around his waist and rested her head into the crook of his neck. “Your amazing, worrying about me and all... I love you,’

Geoff smiled as he rested one hand in the middle of her back and the other against the back of her hair before kissing the side of her head. “I love you too,’

Nicole smiled before pulling back. “Ok lets go... Leonella is coming home today!’

She cradled the tiny baby in her arms whilst waiting for Aden to come back with Rachel, looking down at the frame she smiled delicately as the tiny baby gazed back up at him as she started closing her eyes and dozing off to sleep.

She looked up as Aden and Rachel walked in, Aden holding the baby car seat as Rachel spoke to him and gave him instructions on Leonella’s next appointment. “Ok so everything is set, your ready to get bub home,’ Rachel smiled as Belle got up from the chair and strapped the two week old baby into the capsule, making sure everything was tight enough but not too tight.

After thanking Rachel and sorting out a few more details Belle and Aden headed down to the car park where Irene was waiting for them with the base for the capsule already set up. Strapping Leonella into the capsule, Belle and Aden climbed into the two remaining back seats before heading back along the highway towards Summer Bay.

It was only a 20 minute drive before the beach of the Bay came back into view, going around corners and past friends houses before pulling into the drive way of the house right on the waters edge, Belle climbed out after Aden who was already around the other side getting Leonella.

Before heading inside both Aden and Belle looked down into the capsule, staring incredibly proud at their sleeping daughter, leaning into Aden Belle wrapped one hand around his waist as he kissed the top of her hair and grinned extremely proudly. “I love you, so much and I love our gorgeous girl!’

“I love you too Aden and I wouldn’t change a thing, at all.’ Belle replied, leaning up and placing a tender yet loving kiss on her boyfriends lips before they both headed inside with their daughter.

Later that night

She lay the baby back down in the bassinet before making sure her daughter was sleeping soundly with the pacifier still in her mouth before walking back over to her study desk, Aden walked in holding two cups of hot cocoa and handed one to Belle who took it gratefully and sighed. “I’m so tired, we have school exams in just over two weeks and I cant fail Aden, I cant repeat another year,’ Belle told her boyfriend kindly yet the stress of the next few months were setting in.

“Babe you can do this, we can do this and if we need help, we’ll ask Irene or Roman ok, you wont fail I promise,’ sitting the cup down next to Belle’s Aden stood behind her, wrapping both arms around her shoulders and leant his head against her cheek. “Your Belle Taylor, daughter, girlfriend, mother, all round amazing person and you will graduate because your Belle Taylor, one day you could even be Belle Taylor-Jefferies,’ Aden grinned as he felt Belle hold her breath but he could see that she was smiling.

“Always... and forever!’ she whispered, more love in her voice in that moment and thats when Aden knew he had made the right decision.

“Always... and forever!’ he repeated, looking into the mirror in front of them as their eyes locked.

Archived