It's A Love Hate Kinda Thing

Guest matticus01

:unsure: hehe... ummmm I told you it was the calm before the storm! *quickly runs away*

Chapter Eleven

Nicole and Aden

The group has just finished breakfast in the Diner when Nicole walked in with at least ten shopping bags in her hands.

Belle, Ruby and Annie gawked at the bags, Prada, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana as Nicole strutted over to the counter and ordered from Irene. Belle looked at Aden who shrugged his shoulders, also wondering where she had the money to buy such expensive stuff.

She walked over to the table nearest the Diner’s entrance and sat down, pushing her bags underneath the table and waiting for her order to arrive.

She carefully glanced over at the table that Belle and the others were sitting at and watched them from the corner of her eye, careful not to be noticed by the others.

She didn’t expect to see someone staring back at her; she didn’t expect Romeo to be staring at her like he was a school kid with a crush. She gave a small smile before reaching into one of her shopping bags and pulling out a magazine.

“Here ya go love,’ Irene sat a plate full of a vegie burger and chips in front of Nicole along with a decaf latte. “Enjoy’

“Thanks Irene,’ Nicole replied as Irene nodded and walked back into the kitchen.

For the next ten minutes Nicole sat at the table picking at her food, the only thing she did finish was her latte in which she had to be honest was even better then the city coffee’s. She finally decided to eat a few chips and take a couple of bites of her vegie burger as not to insult Irene before gathering up her bags, taking one last glance at the happy group before exiting the Diner, forming a plan to get under every single one of their skins.

It was almost midday when she heard the sound of the front door being opened and closed again, assuming it was Leah and Roman she jumped off her bed and out of her room toward the stairs to see a green top walking toward the kitchen.

“Aden,’ she whispered before skipping down the stairs and into the kitchen after him.

“Hi,’ she chirped as she saw Aden sitting at the kitchen table with a juice as he looked up.

“What ‘d you want Nicole?’ she heard some hint of annoyance in his tone and she pouted and opened the fridge, pulling out the salad that Leah had made the day before, grabbed a bowel and a fork and made her way over to the table to sit beside Aden.

“You going to share that?’ she looked up at Aden’s question and rolled her eyes, getting to get feet to retrieve another bowel and fork before sitting back in her seat and filling both bowels with salad before passing over one to Aden.

“Didn’t think you were the salad type,’ Nicole murmured as Aden scoffed and shook his head, reaching behind him for the Olive oil, salt and cracked pepper from the bench before seasoning his salad, then passing them to Nicole and beginning to eat.

“Goes to show how little you actually know about me princess,’ Aden replied with a mouthful of food.

“God... your a pig!’ she spat with a laugh, shoving a forkful in her own mouth.

“Pretty girl...’

‘...Bushpig,’

Aden laughed and shook his head, listen I’ve gotta use the loo, no stealing my food while I’m gone,’ he said getting to his feet and exiting the kitchen as Nicole let out a stiff laugh, waiting until she heard footsteps going up the stairs before reaching into her pocket and pulling a small box of pills.

Opening the lid she tipped the box and watched as some spilled out onto the table, turning and listening to make sure no one would walk in on her she turned and sat the box back on the table and picked one of the pills up.

They were sitting on the couch laughing at absolutely nothing when Aden suddenly went quiet and felt somewhat dizzy.

“What?’ he asked as Nicole’s face started doubling and going blurry.

“You ok?’ Nicole asked as Aden blinked a few times as confusion spread over his face.

“Belle?’ he asked as Nicole changed into Belle and back to Nicole a few times.

Nicole smiled, realizing that this was her chance, moving closer toward Aden she ran one hand over his chest before crashing her lips against his, feeling the tingling sensation as he responded for a few seconds before pulling back and shaking his head. “Nic what are you doing?’

“You told me to,’ she replied crashing her lips against his again, feeling him start to pull away before hardening the kiss, cupping her cheek as she began to tug at his shirt. They moved back as Nicole pushed herself further onto Aden before completely removing his shirt.

“No,’ he whispered pushing her back and gripping his mouth for a few seconds as Nicole pushed her chest out against his side, moving her face to his side so they were only inches apart. “I think I’m going to be sick I... I don’t feel so good,’

“It’s ok,’ Nicole whispered into his ear seductively before running her fingers over his toned, muscular torso. “No one will know,’ she finished off before turning his head and crashing her lips against his once again.

“Seriously what’d you want?’ he struggled to speak as Nicole sighed and whispered in his ear.

“You!’

Aden looked at her once before crashing his lips against hers, he was confused and angry and felt very light-headed but he kept going, somehow thinking that it was Belle he was kissing every now and again... like now.

“What the hell are you doing?’ came a voice as Aden pushed himself off Nicole and looked toward the front door, clearly confused and not knowing what had just happened.

“Belle?’ he asked as he looked toward Nicole who was looking away from Belle and Aden with a grin on her face. “What?’

“Stay the hell away from me,’ Belle screamed as Aden looked down at his shirtless chest and back to Nicole.

“Belle,’ he screamed jumping up from the couch and tripping over the coffee table as he ran out the front door after her. He got half way down the drive way and saw a head of blonde hair running ahead of him.

“Nic,’ he called out as the woman spun around, her hair turning a sudden brown. “Belle... B-Belle,’ he yelled as she walked up to him and slapped him hard across the face.

“How... could you.... how could you do this... to me,’ she screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks as she pounded at his bare chest. “Dont you ever... talk to me again,’ she hit him one last time before turning around and beginning to storm off again.

“Belle... Belle...’ he yelled as his head began to spin and he felt his knees buckle up under him. “Help... me,’

Belle spun around as Aden hit the concrete and screamed as she tore up the path to him. Kneeling down she shook him before feeling for a pulse and gasping as she didn’t feel one.

“NICOLE,’ she bellowed as Nicole emerged from the house, wondering why Belle sounded so distressed. “NICOLE CALL AN AMBULANCE... ADEN’S NOT BREATHING,’

“What!’ Nicole asked clearly astounded as she saw Belle crouched over Aden, slowly rolling him over and adjusting him to start CPR.

“NICOLE.... GO!’ Belle screamed as Nicole blinked in shock before turning and running back into the house to call for an ambulance.

“Aden wake up... baby please... please wake up,’ Belle pleaded, clearly distressed as she began CPR on Aden, hoping that the ambulance would turn up in time.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WARNING: SUICIDAL GRAPHICS IN THIS CHAPTER... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I told you the storm had arrived :unsure:

I hope you enjoy all the same.

Chapter Twelve

Geoff and Ruby

They were walking along the beach hand in hand when Ruby’s phone rang, pulling it out of her pocket she answered before hearing Belle’s frantic voice on the other end blurting out something so fast Ruby could barely make out two words.

“Whoa, Whoa Belle slow down I can’t... what? Oh my god is he ok?’ She looked up at Geoff as he saw all the color drain away from his face and nodded.

“Ok babez were on our way,’ Ruby replied before she hung up and looked at Geoff, swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat and the tears that had begun to sting her eyes.

“Aden’s in hospital ummm, they don’t know what’s happened and he’s deteriorating fast, come on lets go,’ Ruby replied as she and Geoff quickly ran up the beach toward the closest bus stop.

-----------------------------------------

It was 20 minutes later when they arrived at the Northern Districts hospital to find a clearly distressed Belle pacing back and forth in front of the plastic chairs outside Triage One. Ruby let go of Geoff’s hand and rushed over to her best friend, seeing the tears spilling over Belle’s cheeks as she bought her tiny frame into her embrace as Belle started shaking uncontrollably as more fresh tears began falling.

“They... don’t know wh-whats wrong with h-him,’ Belle sobbed into Ruby’s shoulder as she held her best friend tightly, watching as Geoff walked over to reception to find out what was going on.

“Ok, calm down babes k, Geoff’s going to see what he can find out and your going to sit down, calm down and tell me what happened ok?’

“O-okay,’ Belle sobbed as Ruby pulled away and issued for them to sit down on the plastic chairs, which they did as Ruby pulled a hanker-chief out of her pocket and passed it over to Belle who accepted it gratefully and wiped her eyes.

After Ruby had gotten Belle to calm down and sent Geoff off on a coffee run she waited until Belle was ready to explain what had happened.

“I went over to Aden’s coz he said to come over after lunch so... I went over and opened the front door and... and c-caught Aden and... Nicole k-kissing so I left... well ran and I heard Aden calling out to me... then he... he called me Nicole and I said some things and... hit him and started to walk off when he... he asked for help and I... I turned around j-just as h-he collapsed,’ Belle broke down sobbing again as Ruby sat there, opened mouthed in shock before gathering her thoughts.

She was just about to speak when Rachel walked out of triage one and looked at both girls and Geoff walking back with the coffee’s. “Rachel!’

Belle spun around and stood up shakily as Rachel ushered her to sit back down, taking a seat beside her. “Belle Aden’s file say’s he’s on a medication called Diazepam also known as Valium, can you tell me what thats for?’

Belle nodded before gathering her breath. “He was put on it because he started having anxiety attacks after Roman first took him in, believing that his grandfather would come back and do it all to him again, why?’

Rachel nodded, pulling out a notebook and pen before scribbling down what Belle had just told her before looking at her again. “Is he on anything else?’

“No... Rach what’s going on?’

“We think Aden’s had an overdose, we’ve done a tox-screen and are just waiting for the results to come back...’

“Dr Armstrong, Aden Jefferies Tox-Screen,’ Rachel looked up at Nurse Julie, thanking her before taking the file and opening it, scanning the page her eyes widened before she jumped off the chair and raced back into the room as Belle just stared in bewilderment; hearing only some muffled words from Rachel “Get some Charcoal into him now, he’s overdosed,’

Belle raced off the chair and into the room, tears spilling over her cheeks as Ruby raced after her, wrapping her arms around Belle’s waist and struggling to hold her back as she screamed for Aden to wake up.

“Belle you need to wait outside please...’ Rachel stopped as the machine hooked up to Aden began to flat line. “Oh god, get the cardiac machine in here... NOW!’

-------------------------------------

It had been almost two hours since Ruby and Geoff had arrived, but since Aden had gone into cardiac arrest Ruby had lost grip of Belle who had taken off and after searching everywhere, Ruby couldn’t find her best friend anywhere.

Roman, Leah, Vj and Nicole had arrived just after Ruby had lost Belle, being told the same as everyone else. Rachel will be out to speak to you shortly. But that told them nothing, nothing at all.

Ruby had glared at Nicole the whole time she and Geoff were seated across from the family, Nicole not once looking up to meet Nicole’s gaze or even looking up when Roman started getting frustrated.

Finally Rachel exited the room, stating to everyone that Aden had been stabilized and had been given the charcoal to soak up the drugs in his system. She then proceeded to ask how Aden had come to have Trazodone in his system.

Nicole excused herself.

“Trazodone mixed with Diazepam can be deadly, most definitely causing an overdose, and seeing as how Aden was on a pretty high dose of Diazepam, and having mixed it with Trazodone, he could have died and he’s damn well lucky Belle was with him when he did collapse, she kept him alive,’

“Where is Belle?’ Roman asked as Ruby looked up.

“She disappeared over an hour ago, I couldn’t find her, I’ll go looking for her now to tell her about Aden,’

“I’ll come,’ Geoff replied as they both got up from their seats and headed off in search of Belle. They turned the corner, walking straight past Triage One and saw Aden’s sleeping form with the oxygen mask over his face before walking past storage as Geoff almost slipped, Ruby having to catch him as he spun around and saw thick red liquor seeping out from underneath the storage room door.

“Rubes...’ he said, grabbing her arm and pointing down, seeing Ruby’s color drain from her face again. Both raced to the door and grabbed the handle, pushing but having trouble as the was something up against the door, finally they got the door open.

Ruby screamed.

“BELLE...’ she screamed as she quickly dropped down beside the limp form; reaching over and grabbing Belle’s right wrist before grabbing her left one and pushing down tight. “Geoff... get some... towels or something... HURRY... and get Rachel no... that red button.... press it now!’

Geoff slammed his hand on the red button as an alarm sounded around the hospital before he looked around and found two hand towels. Grabbing them he slid down beside ruby and slipped one towel around Belle’s left wrist, tying it in a knot and reefing down as it tightened around Belle’s wrist as Ruby put her hand back on the white towel, watching and crying as it begun to seep red as Geoff did the same with her other arm but having to lean over her.

“Belle, come on.... come on babes stay with me... HELP... SOMEONE HELP US,’ Ruby screamed as they waited and hoped for help to come before it would be too late.

awwwwww wow... your comments are amazing... thank you all so much :)

Chapter Thirteen

Everyone

The blood was on her hands and partly up her arms, soaking through her black tights and staining her knees and she was shaking, and crying... crying so hard her teeth were chattering... she was in shock as Rachel lead her to the sink, helping her to wash the blood off her hands whilst her whole body shook and the tears ran down her cheeks.

Nurse Julie was just walking past when Rachel stopped her. “Would you be able to get something for Ruby to calm her down, maybe a slight sedative?’

“Sure,’ Julie replied heading off in the direction of the medicine room.

Ruby couldn’t believe it, she couldn’t get her head around it.

This had been the second time she had found Belle lying on the ground, bleeding to death and it was also the second time she had her best friends blood on her hands; ;literally.

“Ok sweetheart, come on,’ Rachel sat her in a wheel chair as Ruby just stared straight ahead; Rachel wheeled her back to where the others were waiting as Julie walked back over to them with a syringe full of clear liquid.

“Here you go, there’s 5o mills for her, just enough to calm her down and make her a little sleepy for about half an hour.’

“Thanks Julie,’ Rachel took the syringe from Julie and informed Ruby of the small prick she would feel before injecting the contents into her arm.

Once she made sure Geoff was ok and wouldn’t need an injection also she informed everyone she would keep them updated on both Belle and Aden.

Nicole was sitting beside Roman flipping through a magazine and not daring to look across at Ruby or Geoff. Roman had just gotten off the phone to Irene who had told him she was on her way and to keep her updated until she got there and Leah had decided to take Vi home and cover Irene’s shift as not to leave Colleen short staffed at the Diner.

Geoff kept an eye on Ruby, clearly worried about her after finding Belle slumped against the door, blood spilling out from her wrists and a pair of scissors which had fallen from her grasp and were lying beside her. Geoff couldn’t tell from all the blood but it looked liked Belle had cut along the same scars as before.

Geoff looked up to see Annie, Jai and Romeo racing through the emergency doors with Irene as all of them raced over to see if there had been any news on Belle.

“Nothing yet, she’s still in surgery, Rachel’s keeping us updated,’ Roman had spoken as Ruby finally looked up at Irene and the others, fresh tears pooling her eyes.

Tears stung Annie’s eyes as she rushed over to Ruby, leaning down to her height and wrapping her arms around Ruby’s neck as they both began sobbing quietly into each others shoulders.

Romeo walked over and took a seat next to Geoff, patting him gently on the shoulder as Geoff nodded and said that he was ok. Romeo had come to be a good friend of the groups, caring about each and every one of them, but his still was developing deep feelings for Nicole who he had noticed was sitting opposite him, phone in her hands and her thumbs moving at a million miles an hour.

Irene and Roman were talking quietly when Rachel walked out of triage one and looked at everyone around. “Aden’s waking up, only immediate family first for the first hour ok... he’s quite confused about why he’s in here,’

Roman nodded getting to his feet, Nicole quickly following as not to arouse suspicion; giving his best to Irene before they walked into Aden’s room and out of sight. Rachel then turned to Irene and Belle’s friends.

“It was touch and go, as fast as they were giving her blood she was losing it but they managed to stitch up her veins to stop the bleeding and are now stitching up the cuts in her arms. She’ll be out of surgery shortly but I have to pre-warn you, it’s now my duty to get a psychiatrist to come up and asses her now. If you’d like to wait in her room, you can follow me now,’ Rachel replied as everyone nodded, getting to their feet as Geoff wheeled Ruby’s chair along the corridor toward where Belle would be put.

It had been another hour before Belle was wheeled into her room, Irene quickly jumping to her feet as they bought her in and settled her down. “Belle love, I’m here ok. Love I’m not going anywhere, and all your friends are here too love,’

“It’ll be a while before she wakes up, she lost quite a lot of blood, but your all welcome to stay,’ a nurse told Irene as the red haired woman nodded, thanking her, clasping her hands together before pulling her seat up next to her foster daughters bed.

Shortly after Aden was wheeled in by Roman, tears staining his own cheeks as Roman sat the wheel chair next to Irene as Aden quickly clasped her hand and choked out a sob. “Belle... babe...’ he whispered as Irene took his free hand and held it tightly.

Everyone else turned when they heard more sobs from the corner of the room, seeing Ruby breaking down into her hands as Geoff leant down in front of her. “Hey its going to be ok, thanks to you she’ll be ok, thanks to you she’s still alive,’

“He’s right...’ replied Aden’s hoarse voice as Ruby chocked back a sob and looked up at him. “You saved her life... again and she’ll thank you for that for the rest of her life,’ he looked at her with his red, puffy eyes and smiled gratefully at her.

“How are you feeling?’ Annie piped up as Aden then turned his gaze to her and nodded. “Woozy... but the doc says I’ll be fine... what i don’t get though is how... how I ended up with Trazodone in my system...’

“God knows love, but lets just thank our lucky stars that both you and Belle are going to be ok,’ Irene replied as everyone agreed in a rhythmic tone.

They all turned and looked back at Belle who was sleeping peacefully with an oxygen mask covering her mouth and nose, a catheter coming out of the crease of her elbow and bandages running halfway up both her arms; starting at her wrists.

“Are they going to send her away to get better?’ Annie asked as Irene turned and looked at her other foster daughter. “I’m not sure love, but they’re definitely going to have to do something, there’s not much more we can do now,’

Almost half an hour later of just total silence, Belle began to stir as Irene, Aden and every one gathered around her bedside. It took her a few moments to open her eyes and even longer to speak as she felt so groggy and tired but finally she spoke.

“Aden...?’

Everyone sighed.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :)

Oh I really hope you enjoy this one ^_^

Chapter Fourteen

Belle and Nicole

It had taken a while for Belle to fully gain consciousness and realise everyone, including Aden was by her bedside, tears instantly sprung her eyes and fear overcame her as she looked down at her arms.

“I’m... I’m so sorry,’ she whispered, bursting instantly into tears as Aden pushed himself out of the wheel chair and onto the bed beside Belle, instantly scooping her up into his arms and cradling her tiny frame.

“It’s ok... your ok now, I’m sorry too,’ he whispered as she sobbed into the crook of his neck, wrapping her arms around his waist as the felt her wrists tighten from the stitches.

The door opened gently as Rachel entered and shut it behind her, holding Belle’s chart and greeting each of them with a small smile before stopping at the end of the bed.

“It’s good to see you awake Belle, how are you feeling?’

Aden pulled away, keeping hold of Belle’s hand, but not holding too tight as to hurt her. Belle wiped her eyes and nodded. “I’m feeling... stupid... sorry... I’m so... so sorry everyone,’ she spoke as she looked around at everyone, her eyes finally falling on Ruby’s pale frame.

“Who... who found me?’ the question was simple... but no one wanted to answer it which only made Belle more anxious. “WHO?’

“Ruby and Geoff,’ Rachel replied, noting her becoming anxious and distressed.

“Jesus... can you give me and Rubes a minute?’ she looked at everyone, even Aden as finally everyone nodded. Irene stating they needed to sit down and talk once Belle and Ruby had a chat.

Once everyone was out of the room, Ruby pushed herself up from the chair and groggily made her way over to her best friend. She sat on the bed beside Belle but said nothing. Both girls sat there for a moment and said nothing before Ruby finally pulled Belle into a hug and broke down as did Belle.

“I’m s-sorry I’m s-so, so s-sorry,’ Belle sobbed into her best friends shoulders as Ruby did the same, both shaking as they held each other.

“Dont you... ever, ever d-do that a-again,’ Ruby sobbed as Belle nodded in her shoulders. “I love you,’

“I love you too!’

After everyone had talked with Belle, they all left to give Irene and her foster daughter some time alone, and after more crying and hugging and promises that Belle wouldn’t do it again they decided to talk about everything.

“Love why, what made you do it again?’ Irene questioned as she held both Belle’s hands in hers whilst seated on the edge of the bed.

“I just... when I saw Aden and Nicole together I felt... worthless and then when Rachel said that they were losing him I thought I’d lost him and the last words I said were that I never wanted to see him again and... I just wanted to end it, I never even thought about what it would do to you guys; I just couldn’t do it,’

“And Nicole?’ Irene questioned, watching as Belle hesitated.

“I know she’s the one who drugged Aden and I’m going to find proof and I’m not going to let her come between us again,’

Irene nodded and smiled. “But love you do know your going to have to get some counseling or something don’t you...’

Belle nodded. “I know... I know I do and I’m willing to do anything as long as I don’t have to go to a facility,’

After a couple more days of being kept in hospital and having finally convinced Rachel that she didn’t need to go to a clinic she was finally allowed to be made an out-patient at the Northern Summer Bay Health Clinic and after starting counselling sessions at the hospital was allowed to finally go home.

Aden was also allowed home the same day so Irene offered to give him a lift in which he clearly accepted. It was quite in the car with nothing but the music sounding. Aden and Belle sat in the back seat, holding hands as Belle rested her head on her boyfriends shoulder with him kissing the top of her hair every now and again. They had just driven past the Diner when Irene finally spoke.

“Where are we going love?’ Irene asked as Belle looked up at Aden. Irene saw her Belle’s lips move as she spoke to Aden but she couldn’t hear over the radio until finally Belle turned and looked at Irene.

“Aden’s, please Irene...’

Irene nodded before turning down the street that Aden lived on, driving past a few houses before finally turning into the drive way of Romans house and coming to a stop. She pulled the park brake on before turning and looking at the pair.

“Now listen you too, no more hospital visits or you’ll be sending me grey sooner then I like, and love don’t forget what the counsellor told you, ok!’

Belle nodded, un-clicking her seat belt and leaning forward as she placed a kiss on the older woman’s cheek. “Love you,’

“Love you too darl, be good, and don’t ware yourself out and call me if you want to come home and...’

“Ok Irene... I’ll be ok, Roman and Leah will look after me...’

“And me,’ Aden jumped in as he helped Belle out of the car, shutting the door and waving as Irene began backing back out of the drive.

When they entered the house Belle was instantly pulled into a hug by Leah who began babbling about how glad she was that Belle was ok and Roman walked out of the kitchen and grinned.

“Let the poor girl breathe honey,’ he laughed as Leah apologized and pulled away, grabbing her hands and holding them in hers, not failing to notice the bandages traveling up Belle’s arms.

“You must stay for Dinner, Roman can drop you home after, and you must be dying for a good home cooked meal,’

Belle laughed and nodded. “I’d love to, thanks Leah,’

“Mate,’ Roman gestured pulling Aden into a manly hug and petting his back gently. “How are you feeling?’

“Yeah better thanks Roman,’

-----------------------------------

They were laying on Aden’s bed, wrapped in each other’s arms, no words were said because nothing felt as right as just holding each other, Belle kept replaying Aden’s collapse in her head and wondering what would have happened if she hadn’t of been there. Aden kept thinking about what would have happened if Belle hadn’t of been found when she was, neither wanted to contemplate the worst option.

Aden lifted on hand and caressed Belle’s cheek as she looked up at him. “I love you, only you,’ he told her gently as Belle nodded and slowly smiled before leaning in and gently kissing her soft, pink lips, letting the kiss linger for a moment before ever so slowly pulling back.

“I know, I love you too, so much... I never want to lose you,’ she whispered as she lifted one of her hands up and looked at the white bandage wrapped tightly around her wrist. “I’ll never forgive myself for doing this to you or Ruby,’

“Ssshhh,’ he whispered back, taking her arm in his hand kissing the bandage. “I love everything about you, the scars are just a reminder that you’ve been through hell and come out the other side,’

Belle smiled, again leaning forward and kissing him, just a delicately as he had done before, but making the kisses more hungry. “Mmm I need to use the bathroom,’ she giggled as Aden moaned before nodding, sitting up just after her.

“Back in a minute,’ she giggled as she pulled out of his arms and exited the room, running down the hall as she was busting, making sure she closed the door and flicked the lock so no one would walk in on her.

After using the toilet she flushed and went to wash her hands, switching on the tap before looking at the mirror cabinet above the sink. Feeling nosey she opened it and saw the cabinet full of shavers, tooth brushes, face creams, make- up and... Trazodone.

Pulling the packet from the cabinet she shut it again and looked at the details on the front.

Patient: Nicole Franklin

Trazodone 500 mg

Take one tablet twice daily.

Belle’s mouth dropped open as she quickly pulled out her mobile and siphoned through her phone book, finally finding Rachel’s number she dialled and waited.

“Rachel hi it’s... Belle listen... didn’t you say Aden had trazodone in his system... ok thanks... yeah bye,’

She quickly washed her hands and dried them with a towel before flicking the latch and exiting the bathroom, the packet still in her hands as she ran straight into Nicole.

“What the hell are...’ Nicole saw the packet as Belle looked up at her, eyes fuming.

“You... you stupid, selfish, up-tight little bitch! YOU DID THIS... you... you drugged my boyfriend and tried to hook up with him how... how dare you...’

“Look you don’t understand...’

‘...Oh I understand perfectly well. How pathetic are you I mean seriously... you could have killed him do you not even have one hint of regret on that cold, selfish body of yours...’

‘...Please you... you need to listen...’

‘...GO TO HELL...’ Belle screamed as Aden came running out of his room and Leah and Roman were running up the stairs.

“What’s going on?’ they all asked in unison as Nicole spun around to see them all staring at both girls.

“Do you want to tell them, or should I?’ Belle threatened.

your comments mean the world to me, and you all keep me going and make me wanna you happy so thank you everyone :)

hope you all like

Chapter Fifteen

Geoff and Nicole

Roman shook his head in disgust when Nicole just stood there and said nothing, Belle telling everyone about what she had found and what Rachel had said and after that, it didn’t take them long to figure out that Nicole had been responsible for almost killing Aden.

“You almost killed him and you said nothing, you sat in that hospital acting like you cared when really you were hiding your guilt, I don’t know you anymore,’ Roman shouted and shook his head as he made his way back down stairs, mumbling something about ‘disappointing’ and ‘Doesn’t know her.’

Nicole looked at Leah who was also shaking her head as she followed her fiancé back into the kitchen before turning and looking at Aden who to say the least was more than angry.

“Aden...’ she started but he held up his hand, making her fall silent as tears sprung her eyes.

“Don’t... just – don’t,’ he warned angrily, running his fingers through his hair before looking back at her. “You selfish bitch... just when I was beginning to trust you, you go and do this... how the... why? Actually – don’t even answer that,’ his tone was cold and his eyes dark as he walked past her, grabbing Belle’s hand as they headed back to his bedroom.

Nicole jumped as his bedroom door was slammed as tears began to run down her cheeks, hastily wiping the away she turned and ran into her room, pulling out a back pack before rummaging around to find some clothes as she stuffed them in, followed by a couple of pairs of shoes and zipping the bag up before grabbing her Gucci jacket hanging on her door.

Sniffing she turned and slammed her bedroom door shut before racing over to her window and thrusting it open and tossing her back pack and jacket out of the two story building. Next she slipped of the 6 inch black heels she was wearing and tossed them out the window before slowly she climbed out the window and slowly sliding her feet and then butt down the tiled roof.

She reached the guttering surrounding the roof and looked over for anything she could use to climb down, regrettably there was nothing. Slipping her feet over the edge she used as much of her upper body weight as she could to get the rest of her body over the edge of the guttering as she finally hung loosely and let herself drop.

She hit the ground with a thud and felt the pain surge up her feet and legs as they gave way and she fell onto her back, gritting her teeth as the pain shot through her body and she curled into a foetal position, rolling around until the pain finally surged and praying that no one would walk outside in the mean time.

Geoff was sitting on the couch watching the end of a movie when there was a knock on the door. Jumping to his feet he walked over to the French doors and opened it to find a distressed Nicole standing before him.

“Hey,’ he said instantly worried about what had happened. “Come in, are you ok?’

Nicole shook her head as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks, slipping past Geoff and sat down on the couch, sitting her back pack down beside her as she wiped her eyes, smearing mascara underneath her eyes as Geoff came and joined her on the couch and rubbing her arm.

“Tell me what’s wrong?’

“If I tell you, you’ll hate me,’ Nicole choked back sobs and swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat.

“Nic, in the bible there’s a passage, Forgive us the wrongs that we have done, as we forgive the wrongs others have done us,’

“What does that mean?’ she asked, again wiping her cheeks before looking up at him.

Geoff smiled. “It means, that if we want forgiveness for the mistakes we’ve made, we need to forgive others for their mistakes,’

“Really...?’

‘...Really,’

Nicole looked down and sighed before looking up at Geoff. “I was the one who... who drugged Aden,’

Geoff nodded and smiled as Nicole’s eyes widened.

“You knew!’

He nodded slightly. “I guessed and my guess is you didn’t mean to talk it that far so who am I to judge,’

She sniffed again and leaning and wrapping her arms around Geoff hugging him tightly as she sniffed again. Geoff hesitated with his arms outstretched before he cradled her and let her sob into his shirt, holding her until finally the tears ran out and she stopped shaking.

Pulling back, Geoff pushed a piece of hair behind her ear as she smiled at him when he rubbed her arm sympathetically. Leaning in she kissed him, quickly deepening the kiss as it took a moment for Geoff to click onto what was happening, quickly pulling away and jumping to his feet and running his hand through his hair a he then turned back to Nicole.

“What’d you think your doing?’

Fresh tears sprung into Nicole’s eyes as she quickly jumped to her feet and grabbed her bag. “I’m sorry I... I thought... I have to go,’ she mumbled as she quickly turned and exited the French door in which she had been invited into, slamming it before Geoff could call out to her.

She got to the water’s edge of the beach and dropped to her knees, gasping for air as she reached into her back pack and pulled out the packet of pills she had stuffed in her bag. She felt her skirt getting wet from the water coming in around her and the hairs on her legs stick up before she took the lid off the packet and tipped the contents of the pills into the surrounding water.

Geoff was sitting at the kitchen table when Ruby knocked on the door, skipping in and placing a kiss on her boyfriends lips before stopping as she could smell a strawberry scent, perfume.

“Geoff whose perfume have you got on?’ Ruby asked creasing her eye brows as Geoff looked up and a confused look.

“Nicole’s...’

‘...Nicole... as in blonde, lives with Aden and kissed Aden Nicole,’

Geoff nodded as Ruby choked in disbelief. “I... what was she doing here?’

“She was upset listen... Ruby you’d better sit down, we need to talk,’

wow... your comments are.... amazing and they make me smile and I'm glad your all enjoying! Hope this is just as good! ^_^

Chapter Sixteen

Jai, Annie and Nicole

Jai and Annie were walking along the beach hand in hand when they saw Nicole waist up in the water crying. Both jai and Annie turned and looked at one another before racing over to her, Jai leant down and rested one hand on her hack as Annie just stood there watching the scene unfold.

“Are you ok?’ Jai asked as Nicole hiccuped before craning her head to look at him and wipe her eyes with her wet hands, shaking not just from crying but at how cold the water had become.

“N-no,’ she choked as she looked up at Annie who watched her but didn’t say a thing, Belle obviously had told her about the drugs yet.

“Do you... Um wanna come back to the Caravan park, get dry and stuff?’ Jai asked as he turned and looked at Annie to make sure it was ok. She hesitated but nodded.

“Havent you hear I’m n-nothin but t-trouble,’ Nicole snapped in between sobs as Jai shook his head.

“Look I offered and if you don’t well your probably gunna get very sick and end up in hospital and neither I nor Annie wanna be responsible for that so what do you say?’

Nicole looked up again, this time looking directly at Annie before slowly nodding. Annie half smiled before leaning down and picking up her soaked back pack as Jai helped her to her feet.

---------------------------------------------

She sat on the couch with a towel extending over her shoulders and a warm cup of cocoa held between her hands. Annie was setting up the heater in front of her as to help her dry off and Jai had gone to find a pair of Kirsty’s track pants and a top so Nicole could change to get warm.

He appeared minutes later and handed them to Nicole. “Sorry they’re not smaller but Kirsty is the only female in the house,’

“No... its ok,’ Nicole replied softly as she sat the hot cup of cocoa on the coffee table in front of her and thanked Jai as she took them. “Do... you mind if I get changed upstairs?’

“No... not at all,’ Jai replied moving aside as Nicole got to her feet and disappeared from sight.

Just as Jai and Annie heard Nicole beginning to ascend the stairs Annie’s phone began ringing, fishing it from her pocket she looked at the number and mouthed Ruby to Jai before answering it. She didn’t even have time to say a word as Ruby’s screaming emitted throughout the phone before she yelled Annie’s name.

“Yeah I’m here w... um ok I’ll... on my way,’ she replied before the phone went silent and the tone ended. “I... I have to go Ruby’s upset about something,’ she spoke shoving the phone back in her pocket and getting to her feet.

She walked over to Jai and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him gently, letting him wrap his arms around her waist and kissed her gently. “Bye’

“Bye,’ she replied, finally pulling from his embrace and making her way out of the house.

Nicole returned a few minutes later and saw that Annie had gone, plonking herself back on the couch as more tears threatened to spill over. She knew what was happening, why she was so emotional and she knew that getting rid of the pills would do more harm than good but she didn’t care, it had been a few days since she had taken any of the pills and she didn’t expect this kind of effect so soon, but what else could she do.

“Where did Annie go?’ She asked as Jai bought her over a glass of juice and passed it to her, sitting on the seat beside her.

“Ruby called, in tears about something so she left to see what was going on,’ he replied turning and looking at her. “You look tired, are you sure your ok?’

She nodded, faking a smile. “I’m fine, thanks for... well, everything,’ she replied as Jai nodded just as the house phone began ringing.

Jumping up from the couch he walked over to the desk sitting beside the door way leading upstairs and grabbed the phone.

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan Park this is Jai... Roman... hi,’

Nicole spun around and looked at him as he turned and looked at her, seeing Nicole shaking her head violently and mouthing ‘I’m not here,’ repeatedly as Jai nodded.

“Um nah... sorry Roman I haven’t seen her and Annie just left but I’ll call if I do...’ he swallowed hard, glad he wasn’t face to face with the ex SAS officer. “Ok... bye,’

Nicole sighed when he hung up before nodding. “Thank you!’

“Ok... what’s going on?’ Jai asked as he finally re-joined her on the couch.

Annie was walking up the drive way of her house when she heard screaming coming from inside the house. Breaking into a run she reached the house and ran through the kitchen door to find Ruby screaming at Geoff in tears with her arms flailing about everywhere around her and Geoff standing at the foot of the kitchen trying to calm her down.

“HEY,’ Annie bellowed at the top of her lungs as the house fell silent and Ruby stood there silently, tears streaming down her cheeks and her face as red as a tomato from her screaming. “What... is going on?’

“H-how could you Geoffrey,’ Ruby choked, sniffling a couple of times before she turned and exited the house through the French doors; in a run.

Annie looked at Geoff and raised her hands in a shrug. “What is going on?’

“Don’t worry,’ Geoff sulked as he resumed his seat back on the couch, grabbing a pillow and slumping his chin over it.

“Well it must be catching because Nicole was just down on the beach crying her eyes out, in the water soaked, now Ruby,’

Geoff looked up at Nicole’s name. “Is Nic ok?’

Annie shrugged, walking over and sitting on the couch beside him. “I don’t know... had to leave before she’d say anything, Jai’s with her,’

“Jai...’

‘...Yes. Ok, Geoffrey spit it out, is that what you and Rubes were fighting over... Nicole?’

Geoff sighed. “Kind of,’

“Kind of, Geoff that’s not an answer so what’s going on?’

Running his hands through his hair, Geoff thought about the best way to tell Annie what had happened in the best possible way, in the end, he found no easy way. “Nic came over before, distraught, she admitted she was the one who gave Aden the drugs and everyone had found out, she admitted everything to me and then she... kissed... me,’

“She... she kissed you!’ Annie stumbled in disbelief as Geoff slowly nodded.

“I think she got the wrong idea because she looked even more devastated when she took off and I told Ruby what happened and she snapped,’

Annie nodded, trying to process the fact that Nicole had kissed her brother. “Ruby snapped alright,’

“It’s not funny Annie,’ Geoff snapped at his sister as she frowned.

“Am I laughing Geoff, look it wasn’t your fault, just give Ruby some time to calm down and then you can both sit down and talk this through...’

Roman had called everyone he knew; no one had seen her or spoken to her. He was beginning to worry because as long as he had known his daughter she had never done something so drastic but he hardly knew Nicole until he had gotten a phone call from her a few months ago.

He was just about to call someone else when the phone rang, quickly he picked it up and answered with a worried ‘Nic’

------------------------------------------------

“Roman it’s... Jai listen I don’t have time but Nic is here, she’s upstairs and doesn’t know I’m calling and... look she’s been crying since I found her, ok... ok bye,’ Jai hung up as Nicole walked out of the door way from upstairs, eyes wide and arms crossed over her chest in defense.

“You rang my dad I... I asked you not to why... why would you do that?’ more tears threatened to spill over as she raced over to the couch, grabbed her back pack and her white skirt and black top which had been drying in front of the heater and taking off towards the door.

“Nic wait... he’s worried about you,’ Jai yelled as she disappeared out the front door, not even bothering to look back.

Nicole was gone.

She sat on the beach as tears rolled down her cheeks shivering as the sun had set and the wind was picking up. Pulling out her phone she rolled through her phone book and found the number she was looking for, hesitating for a few moments before she pressed the dial button and heard the call done dial through.

The phone rang a few times before a woman’s voice came over the other end; drunk.

“Mum... it’s Nic I... I wanna c-come... home,’

Finally... with a lot of help from Carina I finally got this chapter finished... I seriously hope you all like it... :)

Chapter Seventeen

Everyone

It was almost 10:00 pm when Aden decided to walk Belle home, feeling somewhat guilty for having a go at Nicole and not letting her get a word in each way, Belle had also finally calmed down after having a good talk with Aden about everything from her past to the recent events, Nicole and the future.

Roman had told Aden that if he saw Nicole to ring or if Roman found her he’d let Aden know so there was nothing else for Aden to do and Belle was beginning to get tired and had to get some sleep because she had her first counseling session the next day.

Aden and Belle had just arrived back at the beach house when Ruby came storming up behind them, anger evident in her eyes, she stormed past Aden and Belle and entered the house, demanding something from Geoff.

They quickly entered the house and stood at the serving bench when Ruby screamed. “Do you like her?’

“Yes!’ Geoff screamed back as he again ran his fingers through his hair and screamed out in anger. “Yes I like her... but I love you, Ruby... I love... you,’

Ruby wiped her teary eyes as Belle and Aden stood back, waiting and not daring to say a word. “Really?’

Geoff instantly moved forward to cup his girlfriends face as he rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. “Yes really, I... love... you,’

She was walking along the beach shivering violently as she listened to the calm sea, pushing a piece of hair back behind her ear as she thought about her life, what she had gone through before she came to live with her father.

Flashback

“Mum I’m home,’ Nicole dragged her feet through the door, expecting the same sight as every other day she’d come home from school.

Natalie Franklin was sprawled over the couch in the living room, hair tussled and at least two to three bottles of wine across the floor in front of her.

Nicole sighed, slipping her bag off her shoulders next to the front door and making her way over to the couch, leaning down she picked up the bottles from the floor and carried them into the next room, placing them on the bench in the kitchen before grabbing a wet cloth and going back into the lounge to clean up the spilled wine from the plush white carpet.

Walking back into the kitchen she leant up against the bench as anger and hurt surged through her body, finally snapping as she slammed her fists onto the bench, also an everyday occurrence.

Shane as always was nowhere to be seen, always off having sex with other women and then coming home and taking his drunken wife upstairs to then have sex with her, by then Nicole was always in her room, trying to study but nothing seeming to stay in her brain.

She was failing all her classes and half of her friends were talking about her behind her back, talking about her dramatic weight loss in recent months and the fact that she never smiled anymore.

It started a few months ago when Natalie met Shane, completely forgetting that Nicole had even existed but before that was no different, Natalie was an alcoholic and Nicole had tried over and over again to get her mum to seek help but Natalie would always brush her off.

One day however Natalie got violent with Nicole, pushing her into the corner of the kitchen bench, badly injuring her own daughter and that’s when it began. Nicole would come home from school, find her mother drunk on the couch as usual and clean up her mothers mess before going back into the kitchen and pulling all sorts of food from the cupboards; tim tams, biscuits, two minute noodles and taking them up to her room and pigging out.

It soon escalated to pigging out and forcing her fingers down her throat to make herself sick and it made Nicole happy because maybe then her mother would notice her a bit more and she did, only for a week before telling Nicole that she looked fat.

She was sinking and Natalie didn’t even care one bit, always caring more about her precious alcohol then her own daughter.

Shane would come home and cook nice meals but it would only be him and Nicole eating them, Natalie’s would get put in the fridge and Nicole would make excuses that she wasn’t that hungry. Once she would go to bed she’d shove the food into her mouth so fast she didn’t get much of a chance to even taste it, let alone chew, she’d then take out her mother’s meal and polish that off too before staring at the two plates, guilt over riding her before she take off to the toilet and again shove her fingers down her throat.

Nicole had also started smoking at school, always carrying a lighter around in her dress and being an all girls school the teachers never went into the toilets to check on them, which gave Nicole an excuse to make a dash to the toilets after eating, and after emptying her stomach she would light up a smoke.

One day however, she was so down she didn’t care about putting the smoke out, instead just throwing it in the bit and leaving, a bin full of paper towels. The toilets caught on fire, with her best friend in there.

End Flashback

She couldn’t believe what her life had become and she didn’t even know where she was walking until she recognized the house in front of her; Geoff’s.

She looked down at her phone, debating whether or not she should call her dad, he’d probably be going out of his mind right now before she quickly pushed the thought aside and let out a depressed sigh. “My own mother doesn’t even want me,’

Flashback

“Mum... its Nic I... I wanna c-come home,’ she sobbed into the phone as an exhausted ‘What?’ came back through the receiver.

“I hate it here; I wanna come home, please!’ she begged as sigh emitted from the other end.

“I’m sorry sweetheart but Shane and I are in Paris, we’ve moved here and I’m pregnant I’m sorry,’ came the voice before the dial tone ended and a repeated beeping sound verb rated into Nicole’s ear.

“W... what?’ she gasped in shock.

End Flashback

She walked up the drive way and saw the light coming through the kitchen window, hesitating she pushed herself forward as she inched closer to the house, hearing laughter echoing outside.

She stopped at the kitchen window and carefully peaked through it to see Belle, Aden, Geoff, Annie, Jai, Ruby and Romeo sitting on the floor, playing twister. A smile slowly graced Nicole’s face, the first smile all day but that soon disappeared as she heard the comment come out of Ruby’s mouth.

“She may kiss my boyfriend but she’ll never get him because Geoff doesn’t go for shallow, selfish blonde bimbo’s. She’s got no chance the fat bitch!’

------------------------------------

She ran through the front door of the house, tears running fiercely down her cheeks as she slammed the door, hearing movement as her father appeared in the kitchen door way, a teary smile forming on his face.

Nicole instantly ran into her fathers arm and broke down, violently shaking as she cried, Roman holding her gently and kissing her hair every now and again and hushing her, whispering that everything would be ok and that he loved her.

She held him tightly, only just realizing how exhausted she had actually become, closing her eyes she shook as she tried to breathe and kept crying. Roman reached down and scooped her up into his arms, one arm under her back and the other holding her legs as he walked over to the couch, placing Nicole in a lying position and watching as she curled up into the foetel position, taking a seat he placed her head onto his lap and ran his fingers through his daughters hair and grabbed the blanket on the back of the couch as he placed it over her.

He stayed with her until she finally ran out of tears, and drifted off to sleep.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Carina, RR1, Barbara, Sarah & El for your amazing comments on the last chapter... and I'm sorry its taken so long to update I've just had so much trouble getting this chapter into words... but I hope its ok :)

WARNING: CONTAINS CONTENT OF AN EATING DISORDER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Chapter Eighteen

Ruby and Nicole

The next day Ruby, Geoff, Aden and Belle were back to normal as they all sat around the table at the Beach house eating their breakfast as Belle had her first appointment with a counselor later that morning. Geoff and Ruby were going to see a movie at midday and Annie had already left to go and spend the day with Jai.

Aden had stayed the night at Belle’s after receiving a message that Nicole had been found safe and sound and decided to walk Belle to her first counseling session.

Geoff had decided to take Ruby to see the movie ‘Dear John’ which has her favourite actor in it, Channing Tatum. Ruby quickly jumped to her feet, excusing herself before kissing her boyfriend gently on the lips as she moved off to have a quick shower to freshen up before they left for Yabbie Creek.

Belle sat there playing with her food as nerves were racking her body, she never liked talking about her problems with the people closest to her, let alone have to tell a complete stranger about the same stuff and having that person watching you and making assumptions about you even though they’re supposed to be helping you.

“Babe you’ll be fine ok,’ Aden reassured her, rubbing her upper arm with his hand before leaning across and placing a soft kiss on her cheek as she looked at him and smiled nervously before nodding.

“Yeah...’ she replied, trying to push it out of her mind. “Yeah I guess,’

“Belle you will be fine,’ Geoff reassured his foster sister as she looked at him for a moment and nodded.

“Yeah... I guess I will be fine, coz I have you guys,’ she sighed as she finally began to relax looking at her long sleeve top that covered her bandages, knowing it was going to be a hot day. Jumping up she left her food on the table before she walked into her bedroom, Geoff and Aden watching as she returned a few minutes later wearing a black Emily the Strange tank and a pair of white mini shorts.

Both Aden and Geoff smiled and nodded in approval as Belle smiled her first genuine smile since coming out of hospital and nodded herself as she looked down at the bandages wrapped around both wrists and nodded again. “I’ll be ok,’ she whispered to herself.

She awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen, realizing she was still on the couch and still in the fetal position but instead of her fathers knee as her pillow like it was last night, she had her own pillow which suggested that some time during the night once she had fallen asleep that Roman had gone and got her pillow for her so he too could get some sleep for his shift at the Diner later that day.

She pushed herself up into a sitting position and looked around before pushing the blanket off her body and getting to her feet to make her way into the kitchen. Leah was standing over the stove cooking breakfast with Vj sitting at the table already eating some toast she’d already made.

Leah turned and saw Nicole standing in the door way and smiled, leaving the stove and walking over to Nicole and pulling her into a motherly hug. “Don’t ever do that to you father again, he was so worried,’

“I won’t,’ Nicole promised and she meant it as Leah pulled back and smiled, rubbing both Nicole’s arms before gesturing to the table.

“I’m making breakfast, are you hungry?’

“I’m starved,’ Nicole admitted, only just realizing when Leah mentioned it just how hungry she was as she made her way over and sat down opposite Vj who evidently was staring at her.

“Have you been crying?’ he asked as Nicole smiled and nodded as he took another bite of his toast as asked “Why?’

“Because I done something wrong and didn’t admit it and because other people found out and said some very nasty things,’

“Are you ok now?’ Vj asked as Leah walked over with a plate for Nicole full of crisp Bacon, two eggs and a knife and fork.

“Yes I’m ok now, thanks Leah,’ Nicole replied as Vj nodded before jumping to his feet, grabbing a glass of orange juice and sitting in front of Nicole as she looked at him and smiled. “Thank you,’

“Your welcome and anyway, you cant eat eggs, bacon and toast without orange juice, it just doesn’t do justice,’ he replied as Nicole laughed and nodded, cutting up her eggs and grabbing a piece of toast.

“I’ll remember that!’

“Hi Belle my names Dr Melinda Summers and I’ll be your counselor for the upcoming sessions,’ she held out her hand as Belle took it and shook gently looking at her wrist she noticed that Dr Summers also had scars on her own wrist.

“Did you...?’ Belle asked as Dr Summers nodded and held her arm out properly so as Belle could see the scars traveling up her arms.

“Yes I did, multiple times so don’t think that I’m going to judge you Belle because trust me, I don’t judge anyone,’ The older woman replied as she looked at Belle and smiled, Belle looking at her and also smiling.

“Take a seat Belle,’ Dr Summers told her as she walked over to the seat opposite Belle’s and also took a seat and opening up the file which Belle only just noticed was perched under her arm.

Once Belle was seated in the chair opposite the doctor, Melinda had a quick look through her file and nodded. “Ok... how about we start at the beginning, with your uncle?’

After showering and finding a black pair of shorts and a nice white tank Nicole decided to take a walk along the beach to get some fresh air and to think about things. She didn’t even see Ruby walking toward her from the opposite direction until she walked straight into Ruby.

She was about to have a go at her, telling her to watch where she was walking but decided on the simple version. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there,’

Ruby scoffed. “Maybe you should open your eyes and watch where you’re going although... If I looked like you I’d probably walk into people as well,’

Nicole frowned as Ruby shoved past her and continued up the beach, Nicole spinning around and shouting out after her. “What’s that meant to mean?’

“Work it out bitch,’ Ruby screamed back as she continued up the beach.

Tears stung at Nicole’s eyes as she quickly wiped them away and turned and ran further down the beach as she finally came to a secluded spot and fell onto her knees, dropping her heels and dropping her head into her hands as she began to sob.

----------------------------------------

She walked into the Diner and smiled when she saw Geoff waiting for her, a back pack sitting beside him and a single red rose sitting on the table next to him. Walking over to him she placed soft small pecks onto his lips and entwined her fingers through his.

“You are so sweet,’ she chirped as Geoff grinned and nodded, getting to his feet so he was towering over her as always.

Picking up the rose he held it in front of Ruby between them and slightly bowed. “For my princess,’

“Awww Geoff,’ Ruby smiled, having to lean up on her tippy toes so she could kiss his lips, letting the kiss linger for a few moments before pulling away and smiling. “Oh I saw Nicole just before too,’

“How is she?’ Geoff asked more out of worry for her than anything.

“She ran into me and tried to be all nice as pie... I told her exactly what I thought of her,’ Ruby smirked as the smile left Geoff’s features and was replaced with anger.

“You did what?’

--------------------------------------

She arrived home to find the house empty and sighed as she slipped off her heels and left them beside the front door before walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. There was a note sitting on an already made meal, picking up the note Nicole read it.

Nic

Leah made tea for you because Vj is staying at a friends place for the night and I’m working the late shift with Leah.

Love you, dad x

Grabbing the meal out of the fridge she looked at it before walking over to the draw and pulling out a fork and sitting at the table. Removing the glad wrap she began twirling the spaghetti around her fork before taking a bite.

Before she knew it she was stabbing the fork into the spaghetti and shoving it in her mouth, chewing a couple of times and then swallowing and repeating the process without taking a breath. It didn’t take long for her to finish off the plate before she raided the fridge where Leah had also left some food for Aden and shoveling that down.

10 minutes later

She stared at the plates on the table and the empty packet of tim tams as she wiped her mouth, tears running down her cheeks before she turned and exited the kitchen in a run and ran up the stairs two at a time before entering the bathroom and slamming the door.

She stood in front of the toilet bowl and leant down over it as she tied her hair back into a pony tail before slipping three fingers into her mouth and her free hand just below her ribs on her stomach as her gagging reflexes began working and she heaved a few times before pushing just below her ribs and ripping her fingers out of her mouth as the contents she had just eaten came flowing out into the toilet bowl in front of her.

------------------------------------------

She sat in the Diner, tears flowing down her cheeks as Irene came rushing over to her and bending down in front of her.

“Love are you alright?’ Irene asked as Ruby wiped her wet cheeks and sniffled before nodding.

“I guess, ever since Nicole came to the Bay we haven’t been the same, it’s like he cares more about her then he does me, I hate all the fighting Irene,’ Ruby sobbed as Irene sighed and nodded.

“Love you have to understand, Geoff is such a kind hearted soul, he just wants to see the best in people but I do have to say he had no right having a go at you in front of everyone like he did look... just give him some space and let him calm down and then go and talk to him,’

Ruby looked at Irene and sniffed again before nodding, leaning forward and hugging the woman whom Ruby had come to think of as a mother-figure. “Thanks Irene,’

• 2 weeks later...

OMG.... I'm so.... so sorry its taken so long for me to update... writers block is a seriously biatch!

anyway... I hope you enjoy this ^_^

Chapter Nineteen

Jai and Nicole

The day had progressed slowly and the thought of going back to school in three days made Jai realize just how little he and Annie had done over the whole of the holidays. As he walked into the Diner he saw Nicole sitting at the table sifting through a magazine with a glass of water in front of her.

“Hey,’ he greeted as he stopped in front of her as she shut the magazine and smiled up at him.

“Hey,’ she replied glumly as Jai frowned.

“Are you alright?’

Nicole let slip a sarcastic laugh and closed her eyes. “My mum doesn’t want me, everyone hates me, I tried to kill Aden and didn’t mean it and no one will listen to me... oh yeah I’m just great,’

Jai slowly nodded before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a twenty dollar note. “Ok lunch... I’m buying...’

“I’m... not really hungry...’

“Oh come one... have lunch with me, I said I’m buying,’ Jai waved the note about in his hand and grinned broadly as a smile finally crossed Nicole features and she slowly nodded.

“Sure... why not,’

“And then we finally slept together,’ Belle finished as she slowly started picking at her cuticles.

Dr Summers nodded as she continued to write in the folder which sat on her lap before looking at Belle. “Belle how did you feel after you and Aden slept together, after everything you believed about sex and what you went through, how did you feel after you and Aden were intimate?’

Belle smiled as she looked up at Dr Summers and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. “I felt... loved and, and safe and special. I felt happy to know that something so special does exist but I also felt scared that once I sat down and thought about it that maybe I wasn’t really ready and rushed into it too soon,’ Belle finished as Dr Summers nodded and wrote something down.

“How did you feel when Nicole came along?’ the doctor asked as Belle looked up and sighed, running her hands through her hair.

“Where do you want me to start?’

Melinda looked up at Belle, seeing the distress on the girls features and put her pad and pen down as she leant forward in her seat. “Where would you like to start from?’ she smiled.

They sat across from each other with plates in front of them, Nicole kept watching Jai as he dug into his burger with the lot he had bought as she slowly pocked the chips with her fork. Jai looked up with mayonnaise all around his mouth as he sat his burger down and picked up a serviette.

“Are you okay?’ he asked as Nicole quickly nodded with a smile.

“Yeah,’ she replied as she sat her fork down and took a sip of water. “I’m just not that hungry,’ she let the fork sitting on the side of the plate as she rubbed her temples, she had to admit she was tired, exhausted and her throat was sore and felt like someone had shoved sand paper down her throat.

“Is everything okay at home?’ Jai questioned, clearly worried about Nicole from the bags under her eyes and the sad expression that seemed to be fixed on her features.

“Can’t complain I guess,’ she answered coldly as she finished off another glass of water.

Jai was about to speak again when his phone started beeping, pulling it out of his pocket Nicole watched as his eyes skimmed over the screen of the phone and quickly put it away. “Sorry Nic but I have to get going,’ he said as he got to his feet.

“Sure, see you later,’ Nicole replied as he waved and exited the Diner. Nicole kept a firm eye on the door for a few moments before grabbing her fork and stabbing a bunch of chips and shoveling them into her mouth and repeating the process with her burger until her plate was completely empty. Her breathing became erratic, she clenched her fists as her knuckles started going ghostly white and her chest began to rise and fall very fast. Lowering her head she gritted her teeth until she could no longer take it, pushing herself to her feet she grabbed her bag sitting down beside her and raced into the toilets and into a cubicle.

Geoff was walking along the beach when he ran straight into Ruby who stumbled back in shock, Geoff automatically reached out and grabbed her to steady her and half smiled before noticing that Ruby had been crying.

“Are you okay?’ he asked, concerned about his girlfriend as she scoffed and wiped her eyes.

“As if you care!’ she spat before she pulled a tissue from her hands and wiped her nose. “You seem to care more about that precious blonde, bimbo try hard...’

“That's enough Ruby...’ Geoff cut her off as she looked up at him stunned as more tears sprung in her eyes. “What... what happened to that loving, caring, beautiful girl who gave everyone a chance go, what happened to toe girl I fell in love with... this, this person standing in front of me bad mouthing someone she doesn’t even know is not someone I want to be with...’ he sighed, upset about the decision he had come to.

“W-what are you saying Geoffery?’ Ruby choked back a sob as she crossed her arms over her chest as a defense mechanism.

“I’m saying... were over Ruby, I cant be with the person you’ve turned into I’m sorry,’ Geoff turned and walked up the beach as Ruby called after him, watching as he not once turned around. Ruby called out after him once more before crumpling into a heap in the sand and bursting into tears.

She paced outside the front door of the Caravan Park, biting her nails and transferring her bag from one arm over to the other and back again before she finally plucked up the courage to knock on the door. She rapped on it lightly and waited until the dark skinned, dark haired boy answered the door.

“Nic...’

“...Hi I just... I wanted to thank you for lunch even though I didn’t eat much, it meant a lot to me because well... not many people are giving me the time of day since the whole Aden... incident,’ she spoke looking down at her feet and then back up through the screen door at Jai.

“Your welcome,’ he replied as Nicole nodded and smiled before turning and starting to walk off, stopping when Jai called out to her. “Do you want to go for a walk?’

Nicole hesitated before dropping her hands down in front of her whilst still clutching her bag and nodding. “Sure um, yeah that’d be nice,’

thanks guys... hope you enjoy this... :)

Chapter Twenty

Annie, Jai and Nicole

They were walking along the beach talking, laughing and enjoying each others company as the sun had risen into mid-afternoon and the tide had started coming in; they both walked, their feet being eaten by the water and leaving prints in the wet sand.

Nicole was carrying her bag and six inch black heels in one hand as she lifted her free hand and pushed some hair behind ear.

“What happened to your hand, your knuckles are grazed?’ Jai asked as Nicole quickly pulled her hand out in front of her and choked on her own words for a moment.

“I... I punched a wall at home,’ she stumbled over her own words as Jai looked at her and grinned broadly before shaking his head.

“Nicole Franklin, tough girl exterior, softy at heart!’

“Tell anyone, I swear if you tell anyone and I will have no choice but to kill you,’ Nicole replied as she pushed Jai and watched him stumble to the side and begin laughing. Nicole giggled before looking up ahead and seeing a figure further up the beach, waist up in water and head in her hands like she was crying.

“Jai...’ Nicole pointed up ahead as they both came to a standstill and watched the figure for a moment. ‘...Is that, Ruby?’

“Yeah it is,’ Jai said starting to walk toward her and turning when he realized Nicole wasn’t following. “Are you coming?’

Nicole shook her head. “N-no, me being there will probably make things worse I... I’ll just head home, thanks for today,’ she started up the beach as Jai nodded and waved, turning and breaking into a run and heading over to Ruby.

----------------------------------------------

She walked through the front door and dropped her heels on the floor as she pushed the door shut and made her way into the kitchen, pulling open the fridge she looked inside to see that it had been stocked up with fresh vegetables and various fruits. Nicole sighed before slamming the fridge door and walked back into the lounge as she slouched down on the couch and began sobbing quietly into a pillow.

It was almost an hour later when Nicole awoke and looked around to see Aden walking through the front door, trying to be quiet.

“Hey,’ Nicole croaked as she rubbed her tired eye lids and pushed herself up into a sitting position on the couch as Aden turned and nodded.

“Sorry, I tried not to wake you,’ he replied in a whisper as Nicole nodded before pushing away the pillow she had cradled only an hour earlier.

“No its ok you didn’t,’ she replied with a small yawn as she got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen and opening the fridge to emerge with a bottle of water.

“Listen Nic...’ Aden started as Nicole tried to fumble with the lid on the bottle instead of looking at Aden. “Nic just stop...’ he spoke as she finally looked up at him and dropped her hands by her side, still clutching the bottle.

“I’m sorry I lashed out at you about the whole drugging thing I was just angry... and, well you weren’t to know that I was already on medication,’ he said as Nicole looked down for a moment before looking back up at him.

“And... I’m sorry I drugged you I should have thought about it properly... I think I just wanted attention,’ she replied as Aden walked over to her and bought her into a hug as she just stood there, frozen on the spot with her hands still hanging by her side.

Finally she loosened herself and wrapped her arms around his waist, softening into his frame and closing her eyes. “Are you ok?’ he asked softly, acting sort of like a big brother in a way.

“I will be,’ she choked back a sob as she pulled away from him and smiled. “Jai’s been a good friend lately,’

“How good of a friend?’ Aden laughed as Nicole rolled her eyes and went back to removing the lid on her bottle of water whilst making her way back into the lounge room.

“I like him, he’s nice to me, that’s all,’ Nicole replied as she started ascending the stairs. “He’s the only one who’ll give me a chance and I’m not going to turn that down ok,’ she yelled as she reached the top.

Aden nodded, staying firmly at the bottom of the stairs and lifting his hands in defeat. “Ok,’

The Next Day

Nicole awoke to Roman calling out to her from downstairs, she closed her eyes wanting to go back to sleep but Roman’s persistent yelling wouldn’t stop.

“I’m awake,’ Nicole yelled back at Roman went quite before speaking again.

“You’d better get up and have something to eat so we can go to the school and enrol you and get your uniform and stuff as well, oh and your mother sent you something, its on the table,’

Nicole yawned before pushing the duvet off her body and crawling out of bed, dragging her feet out of her room and down the hall before descending the stairs and walking into the kitchen. She instantly went into the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water and a cool glass before pouring herself a glass of water, she then walked over to the table and looked at the small white envelope before picking it up and opening it.

Inside was a letter and money, two hundred dollars to be exact. Nicole sifted the money through her hands before sitting down at the table, putting the money down and deciding to read the letter.

Nic,

Were not coming back, I’m making a new life for myself and my baby, I’ve stopped drinking and am really happy at the moment. I’ll send you two hundred dollars a week but I don’t want to hear from you again.

Mum

Her eyes scanned the contents on the paper over and over again as more tears began rolling down her cheeks and landing on her chest, she sniffed a couple of times as she screwed the piece of paper up and getting to her feet to bin the letter.

She looked up just as Roman walked into the kitchen and saw she was crying, instantly walking over to her and rubbing her shoulders. “What’s wrong?’

“It doesn’t matter,’

“Of course it matters, if it’s making you upset then it matters to me, anything to do with you matters to me,’ Roman wiped her cheeks with his thumbs as Nicole sniffed again before leaning in and hugging her father. “She doesn’t want me, she never wanted me and she doesn’t want to talk to me ever again,’ she sobbed as Roman wrapped his arms tightly around his daughter and gently ‘shushed’ her whilst smoothing his hand over her head.

“Hey babe,’ Belle skipped up to her boyfriend and quickly stepped up onto her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around the back of Aden’s neck as she applied quick kisses all over his face and one long, lingering kiss on his lips. “I missed you,’

“Wow your happy, that counseling session must have done some good,’ Aden replied wrapping his arms around Belle’s petite frame and kissed the tip of her nose as she laughed.

“Yeah it... it really opened up some doors and made me see some things but... not talking about that I... I want to spend the whole day with you so... I packed a picnic and I have my bikini on under my tank and shorts and I have already bought your favourite movies and its going to be our day... just me and you,’ Belle grinned as Aden mimicked her smile and nodded, picking her up and swinging her around in circles as she laughed.

“Sounds good to me,’ he replied happily.

“Hey guys,’ Annie replied as she and Jai walked through the kitchen door holding hands. “We just saw Roman and Nicole walking along the beach after leaving Ruby at the Diner, she’s devastated about Geoff dumping her but... Nic seemed really down,’

“She seems alright at home,’ Aden replied letting go of Belle’s grip and turning to face the couple. “She even said how much she like’s hanging with Jai here,’

“What’d you mean ‘likes’ hanging with Jai,’ Belle questioned, becoming a little worried about Aden’s statement.

“She said Jai’s the only one who understands her, she even apologized to me yesterday,’

“Hello I am here,’ Jai chipped in as Annie giggled and Belle chuckled under her hand. “And she’s not as bad as you all make her out to be, and Ruby’s not helping with her snide and rude remarks.’

“Well I still don’t trust her yet but, it’s your own choice,’ Belle spoke as she wrapped her arms around Aden’s waist and leant into him and looked up at him. “I have to go to the Diner to pick up the picnic basket so, I’ll meet you at the beach in half an hour?’

“Sure baby,’ Aden replied leaning down and kissing her lips.

Archived