Most Popular Character 2010

Guest -Kevin-

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Ryan. Not a bad batch of characters. I'm glad Kirsty managed a respectable showing, if a bit down from her peak popularity in the middle part of the decade. I enjoyed her return and I did think it was worthwhile. Also good to see Angie and Shannon still doing well. That was a great jab at Drew by the way. He really was an awful character.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. UGH, JOEY. I share your disgust and frustration Ryan. So, she's a lesbian. Who cares? There was absolutely nothing else to her, and the storyline was completely pointless as Charlie had forgotten about her 2 weeks later. The fact that she finished one spot ahead of Gypsy is a travesty of justice. Apart from Gypsy and Vinnie, I wasn't really a fan of any of these characters. I was surprised Tony finished that high. I don't hate him or anything, he's just....there. I'm glad Jackass Holden didn't make the top 10, but he's still way too high.

So who's the top 10? In some order: Sally, Irene, Charlie (ugh), Matilda (double ugh), Martha (ugh to infinity), Leah, Belle, Aden, Alf and I'm drawing a blank. Have we had Flynn yet? If not, that makes 10.

9/10 ain't bad. We've already had Flynn, somewhere in the 30's, which if you think about is quite suitable, because that's where he lived to.

I think we've got the really, really quite bad current day characters, people like Liam and co out of the way, and it's quite easy to rip into them because sometimes they are quite hopeless.

However people like Nicole and Ruby, they're not terrible, but then you compare them to say what people like Carly, Bobby, Sophie, Shannon, Angel, Gypsy, even Dani went through and it's either not been very exciting or no follow through has been felt.

9/10 ain't bad. We've already had Flynn, somewhere in the 30's, which if you think about is quite suitable, because that's where he lived to.

I think we've got the really, really quite bad current day characters, people like Liam and co out of the way, and it's quite easy to rip into them because sometimes they are quite hopeless.

However people like Nicole and Ruby, they're not terrible, but then you compare them to say what people like Carly, Bobby, Sophie, Shannon, Angel, Gypsy, even Dani went through and it's either not been very exciting or no follow through has been felt.

I myself would say that Ruby is terrible. Nicole isn't bad, but it's always a sign of a pointless character when they have them repeat year 12, because it usually means they can't think of any other reason for them to be on the show. They did this with the even more pointless Matilda too. So, I was wrong about Flynn. I think it might be Miles then. I don't mind him, but that just seems....wrong.

Thanks, Ryan.

I don't really mind Joey being ranked highly, it is obviously mainly because she's the closest thing the show has to a token lesbian(probably they're the people that voted Dean into the lower fringes last time)but she was a likeable and well-acted character who was actually more interesting before she fell in love with Charlie five minutes after meeting her.I think Tony, Rachel and especially Nicole are among the better current characters, although having Nicole stay on at school was ridiculous, and I don't even mind Jack, although letting him back into the police was even more ridiculous.Ruby...latest in a long line of characters to be ruined by being turned into a one-woman wrecking crew who ruins peoples lives and then expecting us not to notice.

Vinnie and Gypsy, still in the Top 20 eight years after they left the show.Wow.I liked them both (together and separately as a result of their briefish stint as house mates)so I'm quite pleased about that.

Archived