Romeo/Nicole

bijou

^I'm not going to take it to extremes and say that Nicole and Romeo are brother and sister and for anything to happen between them would be incestuous but...I think, largely because they're both still in full-time education, that Miles has taken on a parental/guardian role for them both and as such they are living together in a family situation.(Certainly just as much as Aden and Nicole were, given that Roman was never a foster parent for Aden either, he was "just living there", having been taken in by Roman when he couldn't live with his father just as Nicole was by Miles.I never saw those two as brother and sister, there was far too much sexual tension between them.)Given that Romeo was 17 at the end of last year, when Nicole was 18, I'm guessing he's in his proper age group, same age as Indigo and a year younger than Nicole.

But ignore the quasi-sibling things and just look at them as friends:That's what they are and I don't think they should be more than that.I think that

pairing Romeo with Indigo

is a much better idea.As a couple, I think Nicole and Romeo would be all right but nothing special and I don't think it would add anything to either character.

^I'm not going to take it to extremes and say that Nicole and Romeo are brother and sister and for anything to happen between them would be incestuous but...I think, largely because they're both still in full-time education, that Miles has taken on a parental/guardian role for them both and as such they are living together in a family situation.(Certainly just as much as Aden and Nicole were, given that Roman was never a foster parent for Aden either, he was "just living there", having been taken in by Roman when he couldn't live with his father just as Nicole was by Miles.I never saw those two as brother and sister, there was far too much sexual tension between them.)Given that Romeo was 17 at the end of last year, when Nicole was 18, I'm guessing he's in his proper age group, same age as Indigo and a year younger than Nicole.

But ignore the quasi-sibling things and just look at them as friends:That's what they are and I don't think they should be more than that.I think that

is a much better idea.As a couple, I think Nicole and Romeo would be all right but nothing special and I don't think it would add anything to either character.

well, except from that Roman thaught Aden to try to concentrate of school and his future even if he were hurting. He supported him during the whole breakdown/trial thing. He would never had finished school if Roman hadn't looked after him. He gave him a lot of advice all the time. Miles have never been doing that to neither Nicole or Romeo not at the same level... Nicole and Aden were to hormonal teens so sexual tensions were natural, in the beginning, but they actually first came over that (ep. 4718) and they should never have returned to that thing.

But Romeo only 17 last year, he had dropped out of school, maybe year 12 since he is repeating that year now... how old are Australians when they normally finish high-school. I'm getting very confused sometimes when it comes to age and school system. And the writers are changing the characters age all the time. Ruby has been 16 for more than a year now. And is she in year 12?? it looks like that, she is in the same class as Romeo and Nicole. But two years ago when she first came to Summer Bay high she was in year 9.. (just seen those eps on Norwegian tv). Aden was at the same age as Mathilda/Cassie/Belle but in a little glip in 2008 he was 17 as Nicole, then he was at the same age as belle again and she was 20 when she had that OD. Nicole on the other hand was 17 for 18 months... So Romeo could easily be 19... (and he looks older, the actor is 25!!)

But it looks

Romeo and Indigo are going to get together. And unfortunately Nicole is going to get more destroyed and get together with just an another stalker.

well, except from that Roman thaught Aden to try to concentrate of school and his future even if he were hurting. He supported him during the whole breakdown/trial thing. He would never had finished school if Roman hadn't looked after him. He gave him a lot of advice all the time. Miles have never been doing that to neither Nicole or Romeo not at the same level... Nicole and Aden were to hormonal teens so sexual tensions were natural, in the beginning, but they actually first came over that (ep. 4718) and they should never have returned to that thing.

But Romeo only 17 last year, he had dropped out of school, maybe year 12 since he is repeating that year now... how old are Australians when they normally finish high-school. I'm getting very confused sometimes when it comes to age and school system. And the writers are changing the characters age all the time. Ruby has been 16 for more than a year now. And is she in year 12?? it looks like that, she is in the same class as Romeo and Nicole. But two years ago when she first came to Summer Bay high she was in year 9.. (just seen those eps on Norwegian tv). Aden was at the same age as Mathilda/Cassie/Belle but in a little glip in 2008 he was 17 as Nicole, then he was at the same age as belle again and she was 20 when she had that OD. Nicole on the other hand was 17 for 18 months... So Romeo could easily be 19... (and he looks older, the actor is 25!!)

But it looks

Romeo and Indigo are going to get together. And unfortunately Nicole is going to get more destroyed and get together with just an another stalker.

Okay, maybe it's not enough but we saw Miles advising Nicole on returning to school at the beginning of the year, we saw him worrying about her relationship with Liam, we saw him checking out Romeo's job with Liam.We saw him supporting Nicole during everything with Trey and we've seen him supporting Romeo over everything with Jill.Nicole would never have got over everything that happened with Roman going to jail if it hadn't been so for him, Romeo would never have gone back to school if Miles hadn't given him a stable home environment.Conversely, there was actually a lot of criticism of the fact that between Aden getting together with Belle and his breakdown, Roman didn't seem to be showing any interest in him at all, he was spending all his time supporting Martha with her cancer and worrying about Elliot.

Without looking up what 4718 is, I assume you're talking about the scene on the bench where they decide they'd be a nightmare together and should just be mates.The same conversation where Aden accepts that he and Belle are over for good.(That's what should never have been revisited.)I didn't see that as them saying "We don't fancy each other anymore", I saw that as them saying "We shouldn't go there at the moment" and frankly I didn't even see why they'd think that.

How can Romeo be 19 if he was 17 last year?He'd be 18 at most.Ruby being in a class with Romeo and Nicole was probably a glib or else she's a year ahead in that subject, she's in year 11 with Xavier.And I think she's only been 16 since July.Children whose birthday is at the start of the year can start school at 4 and finish at 17, so Aden may well have been a year younger than Cassie and Belle despite being in the same year as them.(Matilda was also 17 at the same time as him and Nicole.)He seemed to be 18 at the start of last year.I do, however, share your frustration about

Nicole being paired with another psycho.I don't think it will destroy her character but it does show an annoying lack of imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I was all for Nicole and Aden from she first appeared, but then they waited so long to do it and did it on the back of Belle/Aden and also did it despite the fact that Aden was leaving a few months later, so they pretty much ruined that one for me.

Nicole and Romeo I see as having the same kind of fun friendship that she and Aden had, and I don't see them as brother and sister. I like the idea of them as a couple, but if they're going to get them together they'd need to do it sooner rather than later. If they leave it for ages and have them develop the friendship side of it, it'll become more and more like a sibling thing and then it'll just be another Aden/Nicole thing.

I personally am getting a bit sick of Nicole hooking up with practically every new guy that comes to the bay, and then them turning out to be psychos or her friends dad :D It'd be nice to see her in a happy stable relationship with a nice guy who makes her happy and treats her well, and then give her a storyline that isn't about her love life. I think Romeo would be a good long term boyfriend for her.

Only problem is, what are they going to do with Nicole next year? She's already repeated her final year, and nobody in Summer Bay ever really hangs around after high school.

I agree that the writers threw away the potential of Nicole's relationship with Aden by waiting until he was about to leave and practically treating her like a second-rate replacement for Belle.But I don't think that's a good reason for rushing into putting her and Romeo together.They really are what everyone seemed to think Nicole and Aden were, only more so.Their first meeting was hardly bristling with sexual tension.(In fact, can anyone even remember their first meeting?It seemed to happen off screen round about the time he moved in, then when he had his accidental overdose they suddenly seemed to be the best of friends.)

I wouldn't be that surprised if they got together at one point and it might even be okay but I really don't want it to happen.I just don't think they have that sort of relationship.It's a nice, relaxed friendship and, yes, I do think the way they tease each other leans more towards quasi-sibling than romantic and I also think the way they kind of undercut each other's more pretentious moments can make them seem more likeable.Pairing them up would spoil that chemistry.Frankly, I think pairing Romeo up with Xavier would be more in character than suddenly making him in love with Nicole.

I think Romeo's more suited to Indigo, their personalities seem more compatible.I agree it's frustrating that Nicole keeps hooking up with wrong 'uns and I accept that of the current regular cast Romeo's the most suited to her(ie the only one that would be remotely plausible).But for me, that's more of a reason to keep her single, alien though that concept seems to be to the writers.(Even if they did pair her up with Romeo, remember Geoff?As soon as the love triangle with Melody was over, they didn't know what to do with them and split them up.)Actually, I've got a strong feeling that Nicole will leave either at the end of this year or the beginning of next.She's already the longest serving teen character and by then she'll have been on the show nearly three years, which is about average.

I agree that the writers threw away the potential of Nicole's relationship with Aden by waiting until he was about to leave and practically treating her like a second-rate replacement for Belle.But I don't think that's a good reason for rushing into putting her and Romeo together.They really are what everyone seemed to think Nicole and Aden were, only more so.Their first meeting was hardly bristling with sexual tension.(In fact, can anyone even remember their first meeting?It seemed to happen off screen round about the time he moved in, then when he had his accidental overdose they suddenly seemed to be the best of friends.)

I know it's not a reason to put them together, but I just meant that if they were going to get them together that they should do it as soon as possible before their friendship develops even more and we do end up with an exact repeat of Aden/Nicole. Although I do quite like the idea of them as a couple, it would be nice to have a proper boy/girl friendship on the show. I liked Aden and Nicole's friendship too, and although I did want them together originally, I think the writers ruined their friendship in the end. So basically, get Nicole and Romeo together right now, or don't ever ever do it, ever!!! :lol:

Actually, I've got a strong feeling that Nicole will leave either at the end of this year or the beginning of next.She's already the longest serving teen character and by then she'll have been on the show nearly three years, which is about average.

If you look at Belle, she was in the gang of teens with Lucas, Drew, Maddie, Ric, etc. and once they all finished school they left, Belle was left on her own and for ages she had nothing to do and nobody to interact with. I firmly believe that the only reason the put her with Aden was because he was literally the only other teen around at the time, and luckily for them it worked. So unless Nicole gives up her fashion plans and decides she'll be quite happy cleaning tables at the diner, she'd probably be better off leaving next year.

• 2 years later...