Let's Drive!

Guest bubbleburst

I had a dream last night, I won't get into great detail but I was driving a car around everywhere and despite it being a scary experience I was enjoying having a car and being able to drive it. In reality I don't know how to drive a car. However, it got me thinking and I think I'm ready to start learning how to drive so I just wanted to know what ages people started driving and how they felt about their first experience driving. I know a lady she's like 40, she doesn't know how to drive, driving scares her, her husband was teaching her how to drive a very long time ago, but he died so she stopped learning.

So a few questions here: What age did you start driving/learning how to drive, was it scary? what age did you buy your firt car? what are the pros and cons of driving at a young age (teenager).

I got my L's when i was 17 and passed onto my P's last year... so I had just turned 20 at the time :) I love it, it was a little scary at first because its not just you on the road you ahve to watch but everyone else around you, and it scared me the first time a car pulled out in front of me but now Im fine :)

I could have got my learners when I was 15, I'm just about to turn 21 and I am finally planning on getting my learner licence in the next 2 weeks. Both of my brothers started driving legally when they were 15 but had off road driving lessons with my Dad before that.

I doubt i'll be able to afford a car for a while unless my Mum and Dad buy me one.

Archived