Remember Me?

Guest Danni02

Thank you, once again, for the lovely comments. They really keep me going. :)

Once again, Charlie’s memories are in purple.

Chapter 11

Two days had passed and all Charlie could think about was those memories that she had had and what they meant. She sighed heavily as she opened the file sitting on her desk and began to do her work.

“Here you go” Angelo smiled as he walked into their office and handed Charlie a cup of coffee.

“Thanks” Charlie said as she took the cup from him before looking down at her work again.

“Is everything okay Charlie?” Angelo asked. He was concerned for Charlie as she had been really quiet the past few days.

“Yeah, fine” Charlie said rather unconvincingly.

“Are you sure? Nothing’s bothering you or anything? It’s just you’ve been really quiet these past few days” Angelo paused “Is it because I kissed you?”

“No, there’s nothing Angelo” Charlie lied “And that kiss, it was” Charlie paused and looked up at Angelo. “It was nice” Charlie smiled and Angelo nodded as a big smile appeared on his face.

“Charlie...” Angelo was about to speak but stopped when there was a knock at the door and Jack walked into the room.

“Jack, when did you get home?” Angelo asked

“Couple of days ago. Would have came round sooner but I was catching up with dad and Rachel and finally met my little brother” Jack informed him and Angelo nodded.

“So are you okay now Charlie? You left Rachel’s in a hurry the other night” Jack said as he looked round at Charlie.

“Yeah I’m fine” Charlie said as she looked up at Jack.

“You’re table is ready now” The waiter said and Jack and Charlie stood up and followed the waiter across to the table. Charlie’s phone started to ring and she felt a pang of guilt as she saw Angelo’s name flashing on the screen. Excusing herself from the table she went into the toilets to take the call.

“Hey, Angelo sorry I can’t talk right now, I’m still stuck in the office” Charlie said

“Do you know how much longer you will be?” Angelo asked

“Maybe another couple hours” Charlie said

“Why don’t I come down and help you? We could eat while we work?” Angelo suggested

“No don’t come down” Charlie yelled “I mean its fine, Georgina’s still here”

“Okay, if you’re sure” Angelo said

“Yeah its fine. Why don’t you go see if Tony or Miles wants to go for a few drinks or something?”

“Yeah might do” Angelo said. “Bye babe, love you”

“Yeah love you too” Charlie said and once again a feeling of guilt washed over her. She walked back to the table and sat with Jack hating herself for lying to Angelo.

“Charlie” Angelo said as he placed his hand on her shoulder causing Charlie to look up at them.

“Are sure you’re okay? You kinda zoned out again, just like the other night” Jack said

“Actually, no” Charlie said as she stood up. “I’m going to go get some fresh air”

“Do you want me to come with you?” Angelo asked and Charlie shook her head

“No, I’ll be fine”

“Are you sure? It’s no problem” Angelo said

“I said no” Charlie raised her voice slightly causing Angelo to be taken aback.

“Okay, sorry” Angelo said but Charlie had already started to walk away. She walked out the station and down the road before sitting down on a bench that over looked the ocean. She needed to make sense of these memories she was having about Jack. What did they mean? She closed her eyes and tried desperately to remember more about Jack and what happened with them but a very different memory came to mind.

They were standing at the top of the path that had been beautifully decorated with candles all the way down each side. The sun was setting and he took her hand and led her down to the beach for her to find a blanket surrounded by candles and scattered rose petals. They took a seat on the blanket and Angelo took Charlie’s hands in his and stared deeply into her eyes.

“Charlie from the moment I met you, I knew you were going to be special and I can’t imagine my life without you in it. I want to raise a family with you, grow old with you and be able to call you my wife. Charlie, will you marry me?” Charlie opened her mouth in shock and sat in silence for a moment before she answered him.

“Of course I will” Charlie yelled and the pair shared a passionate kiss.

“I love you so much Angelo” Charlie said as he put the ring on her finger.

“I love you too” Angelo said and then he opened the picnic basket and took out a bottle of champagne and opened it. He handed a glass to his fiancée and they sat there together watching the sunset.

A tear fell down Charlie’s cheek as she remembered that night. It was perfect. She jumped slightly as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to find Jack standing there.

“Mind if I take a seat?” Jack asked and Charlie shook her head as she pointed to the space next to her. Jack smiled at her as he sat down.

“Is everything alright?” Jack asked and Charlie shook her head. She knew this was the perfect time to ask Jack what her memories meant but after just remembering about the proposal she didn’t want to learn that she may have cheated on Angelo. “Angelo just told me about your accident. It must be hard not remembering stuff” Jack said

“I’ve remembered a few things” Charlie said

“That’s good” Jack smiled.

“Jack...” Charlie began to speak but paused when she saw Angelo walking over to them. She stood up and walked over to the fence and leaned against it.

“Charlie are you okay?” Angelo asked as he saw that she had been crying.

“I remembered something else” Charlie said and Angelo smiled.

“Yeah? What was it?” Angelo asked as he walked closer to Charlie.

“The proposal. I remember you proposing. It was lovely Angelo” Charlie said and Angelo smiled as they stared at each other deeply. Charlie stepped forward, walking closer to Angelo before their bodies were only inches apart. The smiled at each other and were about to kiss but Charlie stepped back lengthening the gap between them.

“I’m sorry, I can’t” Charlie said

“It’s alright, take as long as you need” Angelo said as he attempted to lean forward and take a hold of Charlie’s hand causing Charlie to step even further back. A tear came to her eye as she bit her lip.

“Charlie what is it?” Angelo asked concerned for her.

“It’s….Angelo, I….I’m sorry” Charlie cried before running away from the man and back in the direction of the station.

Once again, Charlie's memories are in purple.

Chapter 12

Ruby grabbed the bag that was sitting on the bed and flung it over her shoulder before running down the stairs and into the kitchen and making herself some breakfast. She was excited to be spending the day with Charlie and they had decided to go the beach. Ruby looked up at the clock in the kitchen. It read 8.15am. She sighed before going into the living room and taking a seat on couch and picking up a magazine that was sitting on the coffee table. Charlie had said they would leave around 10 O’clock as she wanted to get a long lie with having to be up early for work every day for the past week and Ruby laughed into herself at her eagerness to spend the day with her mother.

Eventually at 9.30 Charlie walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. As she flicked the kettle on to make her cup of morning coffee Ruby ran into the kitchen at up next to Charlie.

“Morning mum, you ready to go to the beach?” Ruby cheerily spoke.

“Not quiet” Charlie laughed. “Let me get some breakfast first”

“Okay” Ruby said

“Have you had any Rubes?”

“Yup, I’ve had something” Ruby said

“And-”

“Yes, I’ve checked my levels and everything” Ruby said knowing what Charlie was going to say before she even had the chance to say it.

“Good” Charlie smiled as opened the fridge door, but froze before she reached for the milk.

Charlie looked down at her phone as it beeped. Opening the message it read ‘Okay, see you there, Jack’. Charlie hit the delete button before placing her phone down on the worktop and picking up her car keys.

“Anything interesting?” Angelo asked from the kitchen table.

“Eh, it was just Morag” Charlie said. “I’m going into the city to see dad today”

“Oh right, I’ll come with you” Angelo said

“Well, I’m leaving now and you’re not ready so you can just come the next time” Charlie said

“Just give me 10 minutes and I’ll be ready” Angelo said before he stood up, taking a drink of his coffee as he did so.

“No” Charlie spoke louder than she intended too, causing Angelo to jump back in fright. “Sorry, I mean I’d just like to go myself today. And besides you’ve still got to finish painting our room”

“Okay, fine. I’ll stay and finish the room” Angelo said and Charlie smiled at him before hurriedly leaving the house.

“Hello…..earth to mum” Ruby said as she waved her hand in front of Charlie’s face. Charlie flinched before picking up the milk and closing the fridge door. “What was that all about?” Ruby asked “You just stood there for ages, staring”

“Eh, never mind. It’s nothing” Charlie said

“Seems like something to me” Ruby said

“It’s nothing, honesty”

“Okay whatever you say” Ruby said as she rolled her eyes. Charlie made herself a coffee before getting herself some cereal. She then walked across to the kitchen table followed by Ruby.

Charlie pulled up the car next to a bus stop. The man standing there walked across to the car and got in.

“Morning Charlie” he smiled at her.

“Morning Jack” Charlie replied before driving off in the direction of the city.

Charlie sighed as she looked up at Ruby. She was about to speak, about to ask her if knew anything about Jack, if, as Charlie was thinking, as all these memories pointed to, that she had had an affair with Jack but before she got the chance to Ruby spoke.

“So eh, mum” Ruby paused

“Yeah? Charlie said

“Well Xav wondered if I” Ruby stopped talking again.

“Rubes, what it is? Are you scared to ask me?” Charlie questioned, shocked that Ruby was afraid to ask her something. As far as she could remember Ruby was always able to speak to Charlie about anything.

“He’s asked if I wanted to go on holiday with him this year”

“Oh right” Charlie said

“So can I go?” Ruby asked

“What, just you and Xavier? Absolutely no way” Charlie said

“Ah no, Tony and Rachel too and Harry of course” Ruby said

“Oh right, Eh, I don’t know Ruby, I’ll think about it”

“Aww please mum” Ruby said

“Rubes, I said I would think about it”

“Right okay” Ruby sighed. Charlie stood up from the table and put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

“Right you ready go then?” Charlie asked

“Yeah sure” Ruby smiled. They walked out of the house and made their way down to the beach, getting there after about 10 to 15 minutes. They put their towels down in the sand before sitting down.

Charlie walked into the house and up to the bedroom and watched as Angelo was hard at work painting the wall.

“Charlie, hey, how was your dad?” Angelo asked as he noticed her walking into the room.

“Yeah, he’s good” Charlie spoke quietly not making eye contact with Angelo as that familiar wave of guilt washed over her for once more lying to him.

“Ruby, I have speak to you about something” Charlie said as she turned to face her daughter. Ruby sat up and looked at Charlie.

“Yeah, what is it?” Ruby asked and Charlie took a deep breath before she spoke.

“I keep getting these memories…” Charlie paused “I’m confused by them”

“Well, what are they?” Ruby asked and Charlie took another deep breath.

“I had...” Charlie rubbed her forehead as she let out a small sigh. “I think I might have had an affair” Charlie spoke quickly and quietly.

“What?” Ruby said “Mum….what?” Ruby said not quiet believing what she was hearing. “What makes you….why do you think that?”

“As I said, I’ve been having these…..memories” Charlie paused and looked away from Ruby.

“Well what’s been happening in them?” Ruby asked. Charlie took another deep breath before picking a clump of sand and letting it slowly fall through the gaps between her fingers.

I’ve been lying to Angelo about where I was going, been sneaking around, I keep getting memories of me feeling really guilty, it just all seems to point to an affair”

“And have you seen a guy in these memories?” Ruby asked and Charlie nodded.

“Jack, it was with Jack” Charlie said

“Jack” Ruby shouted “No way would Jack cheat on Martha” Ruby said “And anyways they’ve been away travelling for like 18 months so it couldn’t have happened”

“Well it was obviously before they left” Charlie said

“What when Martha had cancer you mean? You really think he would cheat on his sick wife?” Ruby asked and Charlie shook her head.

“I don’t know Ruby, but what am I remembering then?”

“Well maybe there is some other explanation” Ruby said

“Like what Ruby. It’s simple, we were having an affair”

“Have you ever remembered a kiss or anything else that would show that?”

“Well no, but…”

“But nothing” Ruby said “Until you remember that then you should refuse to believe it was an affair. I refuse to believe it mum. You wouldn’t cheat on Angelo, you guys were so happy together, you always have been” Ruby said.

“Well what is it then Ruby?” Charlie shouted.

“I don’t know” Ruby said as she put her arm around Charlie. “But mum, I just don’t believe for one second that you would have an affair”

“At least someone is feeling confident about that” Charlie said as she stared down at the sand.

“Why don’t you just go speak to Jack about it. He’ll be able to tell you what happened” Ruby said and Charlie nodded.

“I know. I will” Charlie said and Ruby smiled.

“Good. So let’s just forget about that just now and we can have some fun today yeah?” Ruby said and Charlie smiled at her daughter.

“Yeah sure” Charlie said

“Great. Now let’s go for a swim” Ruby said she jumped up from where she was sitting. She took Charlie’s hand and pulled her to her feet before the two of them walked down to the sea together.

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting on this story. Here's the next part, its kinda sort and I'm not 100% happy with it, but still going to post it. Hope you like it... :unsure:

Chapter 13

Charlie took a deep breath before she knocked on the door. Thoughts about what she was remembering raced through her head and she waited for an answer. She was secretly hoping that he wasn’t in so she could have more time before she had to ask him. She really didn’t want to hear Jack telling her that they had had an affair but she knew she had to find out what these memories meant. As the door opened she took another deep breath.

“Charlie hey, Martha’s not in at the moment, she went out with Rachel” Jack said

“Ehm, it’s actually you I’ve came to see” Charlie said

“Oh right, come in then” Jack said as pointed into the house. Charlie slowly walked into the house and took a seat on the chair. “So what’s this in aid of then? Here to offer me my job back?” Jack laughed and Charlie nervously joined in.

“Well not, it’s not about work” Charlie said

“Oh right, well what is it?” Jack asked. Charlie took another deep breath as she fiddled with the tie on her jacket.

“Jack did we” Charlie stopped talking and looked away from him as she bit her lip.

“Did we what? What’s wrong Charlie?” Jack asked

“Well you know I had that accident and can’t remember things from the last two years?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, I have been remembering things, things about us” Charlie paused and looked up at Jack “We were sneaking around and I was lying to Angelo, I kept feeling guilty for it, we said we hated the lying” Charlie paused and took a deep breath. “Jack, did we have an affair?” Charlie asked and she suddenly felt relieved that she had finally asked the question that had been bothering her for the last few weeks and although she was apprehensive about finding out the answer, she was glad she had became closer to the truth. She looked up at Jack who was sitting there shaking his head, almost in disbelief that Charlie had just asked him that.

“What?! No we didn’t Charlie” Jack said and Charlie let out a sigh of relief.

“Well then can you please explain all the lying and sneaking around and the guilty feelings?” Charlie said and Jack nodded his head.

“We were working undercover Charlie” Jack said and Charlie’s eyes widened.

“Oh” Charlie said

“So that’s where the lying, sneaking around, the guilty feelings all come into it”

“Yeah” Charlie said as she nodded her head “It all makes sense now” Charlie let out a small laugh. “I feel stupid now thinking that we…”

“There’s nothing to feel stupid about Charlie, I mean the things you remembered it would make me think it could have been an affair” Jack said and Charlie nodded and she smiled at Jack.

“So how did we do?” Charlie asked

“We solved it, of course” Jack smiled and Charlie laughed.

“What was the case?” Charlie asked and Jack was about to reply when Charlie spoke over him. “What’s the date today?” Charlie asked as a feeling suddenly washed over her that this day had significance to her, that something happened on that day.

“Eh….18th June, why?” Jack asked

“18th June….18th June…..there’s something about that date” Charlie said before she looked deep in thought. She was trying to recall birthdays, anniversaries, something that could have fell on that date.“Angelo” Charlie said “Sorry Jack, I need to go” Charlie said as she stood up and ran out of the house before Jack had the chance to say anything. She got in the car and drove back to her house and ran up the stairs and found Angelo in the guest room.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was you’re birthday today?” Charlie asked causing Angelo to look up at her.

“I guess it just slipped my mind” Angelo said “And I didn’t want to make you feel bad for not remembering”

“Angelo, I didn’t remember anything about you, how I could I have felt any worse” Charlie said and Angelo shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know. Sorry” Angelo said

“You don’t need to apologise” Charlie said as she took a step forward shortening the gap between her and Angelo. “I just wish someone had told me so I could have bought you a present” Charlie said and Angelo smiled.

“You don’t need to get me anything” Angelo said

“Maybe I want too” Charlie said as she stepped even closer to Angelo. She looked up at him and smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

“Well that was…..unexpected” Angelo said as they pulled apart and Charlie smiled at him.

“Let me take you out for dinner tonight” Charlie said

“What like a date?” Angelo asked tentatively and Charlie stood in silence for a moment before nodding her head slightly.

“Yeah, like a date” Charlie said

“Okay, sure” Angelo smiled before they kissed one more.

Thank you all so much for the comments. Hope you like this next part.

Chapter 14

Charlie was sitting in her room applying her make-up when Ruby came in.

“You look nice, what’s on tonight?” Ruby asked as she jumped up on to Charlie’s bed.

“I’m going out with Angelo” Charlie said casually as she reached into her make-up bag and took out her mascara.

“Out like out with a friend or out like a date?” Ruby asked

“Like a date” Charlie said excitedly and Ruby let out a little squeal.

“That’s great mum” Ruby said before she quickly jumped up from the bed and walked over to Charlie’s dressing table. She opened Charlie’s jewellery box and picked out a white gold bracelet and placed it down on the dresser in front of Charlie. “You should wear that. Angelo bought you it for your 30th”

“Ah okay” Charlie said as she looked down at the bracelet and smiled. “Oh and thanks for telling me it was Angelo’s birthday today” Charlie said and Ruby gasped as she put her hand over her mouth.

“Sorry, I totally forgot” Ruby said

“It’s alright. I mean I remembered didn’t I. Maybe left it a bit late, but I remembered” Charlie said and Ruby smiled.

“Yeah. So where are you going tonight?” Ruby asked

“I’m not sure. Angelo picked some restaurant in city, can’t remember what he said it was called now”

“Anyone would think you have lost your memory” Ruby joked and Charlie let out a small laugh.

“Hey, I’m getting there. I’ve remembered a few things now” Charlie said

“Yeah” Ruby smiled. “Anyways I’m heading out now. Going round to Nicole’s” Ruby said

“Bye Rubes, have a good night” Charlie smiled up at her daughter.

“Yeah, you too” Ruby said before she left. Charlie finished applying her make-up before she picked up her bag that was sitting on the bed and made to go down the stairs. As she was half way down the door bell rang and Charlie quickened her pace and went to answer. When she opened the door she was rather puzzled to see Angelo standing at the other side.

“Angelo what are you doing...” Charlie began to speak

“Hello Charlie. These are for you” Angelo grinned as he handed Charlie a dozen red roses.

“Aww they’re lovely thank you Angelo” Charlie smiled as she took them from him.

“So are you going to invite me in?” Angelo grinned cheekily and Charlie let out a small laugh.

“Sure, come in” Charlie said as she made a gesture with her hand pointing into the house. Angelo smiled as he walked into his house. Charlie walked into the kitchen and put some water into a vase before putting in the flowers then she placed the vase on the kitchen table.

“You look great by the way” Angelo said and Charlie looked at him and smiled.

“Yeah, you look nice too” Charlie returned the compliment before walking over to the couch where she had flung her bag down before she answered the door. She picked it up before walking across to Angelo.

“Ready?” Angelo smiled and Charlie nodded.

“Yup” Charlie said before they walked out of the house and into Angelo’s car and made their way to the city.

Charlie and Angelo walked up the path and back into the house. Angelo walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of wine out of the fridge and poured Charlie a glass before getting a bottle of beer out for himself. Walking back into the living room he joined Charlie on the couch and handed her the glass of wine as he did so.

“Thanks again for dinner tonight Charlie” Angelo said before placing his bottle of beer down on the coffee table.

“That’s alright” Charlie said “I had a lovely evening Angelo” Charlie smiled.

“Yea me too” Angelo grinned as they stared at each other and smiled before Charlie leaned forward and kissed Angelo. They pulled apart briefly before Angelo wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and they started to kiss passionately. Angelo gently pushed Charlie down in to the couch and then suddenly Charlie pulled away and started frantically shouting and throwing her arms in front of her.

“Please don’t, please stop” Charlie shouted as swung her arm out in front of her.

“Charlie its okay” Angelo said as he tried to take hold of her arms.

“No Grant please don’t. Please don’t.” Charlie shouted with a look of sheer fear on her face, the sound of terror in her voice. Angelo jumped up from where he was sitting on the couch and took a few steps back before kneeling down in front of Charlie. Charlie sat up on the couch and brought her knees up to her chest and she wrapped her arms around her legs. Angelo looked at Charlie and was shocked at how frightened she looked.

“Charlie, it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you. It’s me, Angelo” Angelo said softly.

“Angelo” Charlie was breathing heavily as she looked up at the man. “I saw him, we were here, he was…” Charlie stopped talking and looked away from Angelo. “If it wasn’t for dad coming in when he did it would have happened again” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “And now because of him dad’s gone” Charlie started to cry uncontrollably and Angelo stood up and walked back to the couch and took a seat next to Charlie. He tentatively put his arm around Charlie and she welcomed this as she learned into Angelo, resting her head against his chest. After a few minutes of silence Charlie looked up at Angelo as she wiped the tears away from her face.

“I’m so sorry Charlie” Angelo said “It was all my fault”

“What was your fault?” Charlie asked

“That night, your dad dying. I wasn’t here to stop it, I wasn’t here to protect you like I promised your dad I would” Angelo said

“What, Angelo....”

“When I asked your dad for your hand in marriage he said I was to always protect you and look out for you and for Ruby because you were the most important people in his life and I told him I would, but I failed. I failed to protect you from Grant, Charlie” Angelo said

“Angelo, you couldn’t be with me all the time” Charlie said

“I know, but Grant had been hassling you and Ruby. I should have dealt with him. I should have been here to stop him” Angelo said

“So where were you?” Charlie asked

“I was at the pub” Angelo said. “I was the pub while my father-in-law to be was murdered and my fiancée was almost....”

“Angelo” Charlie said she placed her hand on top of Angelo’s. “Don’t. This wasn’t your fault, the same as it wasn’t Ruby’s fault, my fault, dad’s fault, anyone’s fault. It was just a horrible accident” Charlie said and Angelo gently nodded his head. “I’m sorry Angelo” Charlie said “I ruined a perfect night”

“No, Charlie you haven’t ruined anything”

“Thanks, but I did. Everything was going perfect until I...” Charlie paused and looked up at Angelo. “Freaked out”

“Charlie its okay” Angelo said and he gently rubbed her back. Charlie smiled up at him before letting out a small sigh.

“Well I think I’m going to go to bed. Goodnight Angelo” Charlie said as she stood up from the couch.

“Yeah, night Charlie” Angelo said as he watched Charlie walk away and walk up the stairs. “I love you” Angelo said as Charlie was out of ear shot.

Thank you all so much for reading this and an even bigger thank you to those who took the time to leave a comment. :D This is going to be the last chapter. I hope you like it. This chapter is set 5 months on from the last chapter.

Chapter 15

Charlie looked at the dress that was hanging on the back of the door and a smile appeared on her face as Ruby came to stand next to her.

“It’s such a beautiful dress” Ruby said “I want to wear it”

“Yeah I don’t think so” Charlie said and Ruby pulled a face

“Gosh are you guys still admiring that dress” Rachel said

“We can’t help it, it’s just so lovely” Ruby said and Rachel and Leah nodded in agreement. Rachel looked down at her watched before looking back up at the other women again.

“Well I think we really need to start getting ready” Rachel said and the women nodded.

“I think some champagne is in order” Charlie said as she popped open a bottle causing the bubbles to spill out and spray her top.

“Good job you are not in your dress yet” Leah laughed as Charlie wiped her hand down her top before going on to pour 3 glasses of champagne and handed one to Leah and other to Rachel.

“Where’s my glass?” Ruby asked and Charlie pulled a face at her daughter.

“You’ll get one when you turn 18” Charlie said and Ruby let out a sigh.

“One glass mum. It’s a wedding, a special occasion” Ruby said

“Oh I suppose one glass wont hurt” Charlie said as she poured a small a glass of the champagne for her daughter and Ruby smiled as she took the glass from Charlie.

“Well I guess we need to start getting ready” Leah said before she took a deep breath. The women all got their hair and make-up done before finally changing into their dresses. The 3 bridesmaid dresses where a turquoise blue colour and the flowers bouquets were lilies.

“So everyone ready?” Rachel said as she looked down at her watch “We’re running late”

“I thought the bride was supposed to be late anyways” Charlie said and Leah laughed. Ruby walked over to the window and looked outside to see the wedding car was there waiting for them.

“The car’s here” Ruby said

“Okay, let’s go get married” Leah said as she looked up at Charlie who smiled in response before women walked out to the car and made their way to the church.

Tony, Miles, Elijah and Angelo were standing in the church waiting for the bride to arrive. Angelo looked down at his watched and sighed.

“They’re late” Angelo said and he took a few steps forward before turning and walking in the opposite direction again.

“Angelo stand still” Miles said as he placed a hand on his friends shoulder.

“Sorry, I’m just nervous” Angelo said and Elijah’s eyes widened.

“You’re nervous?” Elijah said “Mate I…” Elijah continued to talk but Angelo didn’t hear what he was saying. He had caught sight of Charlie standing at the other end the aisle at his heart skipped a beat at seeing the woman he loved more than anything and wanted to spend the rest of his life.

“She looks gorgeous” Angelo said before the music started to play and Tony and Miles took their seats at the front of the church. Angelo looked around at Elijah and smiled. “You ready mate” Angelo said and Elijah looked at him and smiled.

“I’ve never been more ready” Elijah grinned as he turned his head to his bride walking up the aisle.

"Ready to become Mrs Johnson" Elijah whispered as Leah took her place next to Elijah.

"Oh yes" Leah smiled before they turned to face the minister.

After the wedding everyone headed back to Noah’s for the reception. Kids were running around laughing and people were dancing and having a really good time. Angelo walked across the table where somehow Charlie was sitting alone and took her hand into his. “Care to dance?” Angelo asked and Charlie smiled as she nodded her head.

“I would love too” Charlie said before Angelo pulled her up and they made their way to the dance floor. Charlie wrapped her arms around Angelo neck, Angelo’s arms being around Charlie’s waist and they stared lovingly into each others eyes. “I love you, Angelo” Charlie said and hearing this for the first time since before Charlie’s accident put a big grin on Angelo’s face.

“I love you too Charlie” Angelo said pleased that he was finally able to tell the woman he loved that he loved her. Charlie and Angelo smiled at each other before they shared a kiss.

“Angelo, I’ve been thinking, maybe, if it’s okay with you that I could wear my engagement ring again?” Charlie said and Angelo nodded his head as he grinned.

“Charlie I would love that so much” Angelo said and Charlie smiled before she kissed Angelo again. “But I want to do this properly” Angelo said as he took hold of Charlie’s hand and led her out of Noah’s and along to the beach. Angelo reached into his jacket pocket and took out the engagement ring. Charlie pulled a confused expression on her face, as if wondering why he had the ring with him. “I was going to propose again tonight, since things were going so great with us again” Angelo said before pausing.

“Yeah, go on” Charlie said

“But then Ruby told me that I shouldn’t propose while I’m at someone else’s wedding” Angelo said and Charlie laughed.

“Maybe she is right” Charlie said “We shouldn’t take anything away from Leah”

“Well maybe we just don’t tell anyone for a few days?” Angelo said as he took Charlie’s hands into his.

“Yeah that could work too” Charlie laughed as she looked up at Angelo who smiled down at her.

“Charlie, I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”

“Yes” Charlie beamed before passionately kissing Angelo. Angelo pulled back and smiled at Charlie as he placed the ring back on her finger.

“I love you so much” Angelo said before they kissed once more.

Comments

Archived