Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

the ditzy side of her has been toned down, just to make her fit with Sid better...

Hmm... But I think it is good she has been toned down a bit. She was a charicature and it was getting tiring. Just like the other characters who only purpose is to be funny or quirky... It's getting tiring very fast.

Still think that she and Sid don't suit each other...

Edited by jodlebirger

I think Marilyn is the best thing that's happened to the show in a long time. Emily is a great actress and can do both comedy and drama very well. I hope she sticks around for a long while to come! I think she will though as Emily is very loyal to the shows she works on.

• 1 month later...

Just reading Dannii Minogue's autobiography and was surprised to learn she originally auditioned to play Marilyn. I am glad she didnt get it as we wouldnt still have Marilyn on the show now and cant imagine Dannii playing a ditzy blonde!

Just reading Dannii Minogue's autobiography and was surprised to learn she originally auditioned to play Marilyn. I am glad she didnt get it as we wouldnt still have Marilyn on the show now and cant imagine Dannii playing a ditzy blonde!

She would have been too young to play her.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Edited for spag

absoulutely not! Danni Minogue is only 2 years younger than Emily Symons, Danni was born in 1971 and emily in 1969 - that is certainly not a big age difference! The old fashioned clothes and horrible hairstyle make Marilyn looks older.... So with a wig and terrible clothes and awful make up, danni M would have looked just as old...

Edited by jodlebirger

• 2 weeks later...

absoulutely not! Danni Minogue is only 2 years younger than Emily Symons, Danni was born in 1971 and emily in 1969 - that is certainly not a big age difference! The old fashioned clothes and horrible hairstyle make Marilyn looks older.... So with a wig and terrible clothes and awful make up, danni M would have looked just as old...

Well, not quite because Danni Minogue still has her face pumped full of botox, her lips full of cow's butt and whatever else she's had done, so she'd look rather odd as 2010 Marilyn. But true, if you Google pictures of Emily when she was in the UK not long ago, she looks younger and far less nanna. ;)

• 4 months later...

I feel like they have watered down Marilyn too much now. The character traits are ALL coming from Emily Symons (which is fantastic) but the writers/directors dont seem to be giving her any material to work with at all. When was the last time she said anything remotely 'dizzy' or got her words mixed up? Its as if they kept it up for the first few months and then dropped it all. Basically everything she does and says now could be coming out of the mouth of any other regular character, there isn't anything in the scripts that are specifically character based on Marilyn.

I'd like to see some more of this kind of thing coming from Maz these days;

(0.17)

Edited by alexx