Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

I'd say the golden era was 1994-1997 peaking at 95 & 96 and then once Pippa and Selina departed in early 98 the 'golden era' had definitely come to an end... Those were also the years the show reached its heights and rated brilliantly overseas.

Edited by alexx

Has anyone mentioned Sally, or have I just not noticed? I think she is more of an icon, as we really did see her grow up from 8 or so, to 30 or so. She symbolises H&A to me, along with Alf, Leah and Pippa, also Morag. Plus 'a teen group', whichever is around at any time.

We need to drag this one back on topic guys. So, what do you think we will see with Mazza now that she's back? What is her secret that she alluded to over dinner with Alf? She said that a few things had happened to her and she didn't want to talk about them. Is she a runaway bride or something? :lol:

I think it's very clear that the intend to pair off Marilyn with Miles. I'm not sure if I'd like that, but I think it's going to happen. I'm hoping she has some cool job in the Bay, like opens up a salon again or something. I definitely don't want her to work at the diner, cos I don't think that's glam enough for our Maz. :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for Marilyn!

Lucky Miles to have been paired off with 2 of the most iconic characters in the history of Home and Away: Kirsty and Marilyn. :lol:

I would say 2008 was the show's second Golden Era. The whole year was brilliant due to Sally, Kane, Kirsty and Melody.

I liked 2008, but, to me, it was merely a very good year like 2002, 2002 or even that early part of Dan Bennett was, as well as of course the first few years, especially 1989. I might be in the minority here though.

I thought 2008 was great, but I dont see it as a golden era or anything like that, I dont think it compares (to the 95-96 era) to be honest. I thought 2000 was a brilliant year and is one of my favorites.

Back to Maz - I dont actually want Miles and Marilyn together either I think it would be just too much and I'd like to see them become good chums. In the way of work, I'd forgotten about that - maybe she could open a beauty and health spa and sell organic creams and anti aging ointments as wel as do hair and makeup.

I do hope they dont start writing her as someone that is too out of touch with everything, yes she is out there but she wasn't ever a joke like Colleen can sometimes be portrayed.

I will be really disappointed if Marilyn ends up with Miles. I hate Miles, he has the opposite of the Midas touch and ruins everything he touches. I don't want him in the show, let alone as a main character in the main house!

I would love if Marilyn opened up her salon at the part of the Diner they don't use - that would be a real link to the past! I am finding her hilarious and such a breath of fresh air to the show.

It's interesting that I was actually thinking that Marilyn was always a younger, better-looking version of Colleen:Somewhat narrow-minded and indiscreet, usually being the one to say what everyone else was too polite to, but also occasionally profound and usually well-meaning so everyone kind of loved her in spite of her faults.I don't want her to get together with Miles but it does seem slightly inevitable. I'm trying to keep an open mind because they might do it and it turns out very well, much as it did with Kirsty in my opinion.I actually like Miles a whole lot more than Marilyn which is another reason I'm not too keen on the idea.

I have to say that bringing Marilyn back smacks a bit of desperation, as if someone's acknowledged that they can't come up with any decent characters themselves and the best they can hope for is bringing back an old favourite.And having her open up a salon in a hitherto-unseen spare room in the Diner really would reinforce the "It's like 1996 never ended" feeling.Thinking about it, I'd quite like to see her working in Noah's with Alf and bring back the repartee they had when they ran the store together, that'd probably suit her best.