Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

I remember a few years ago when Marilyn lost her memory she made a comment about Irene looking different that seemed to a reference to her being recast. Someone pointed out she made a similar comment about Roo's recast as well. Nice bit of continuity or perhaps just coincidence. I wonder if there's been other recasts shes reacted to. 

On 26/03/2021 at 16:31, hapitoby said:

I remember a few years ago when Marilyn lost her memory she made a comment about Irene looking different that seemed to a reference to her being recast. Someone pointed out she made a similar comment about Roo's recast as well. Nice bit of continuity or perhaps just coincidence. I wonder if there's been other recasts shes reacted to. 

A reference to the Irene recast or a reference to Irene being blonde for part of 1996 (but before Fisher and Marilyn's wedding)?

9 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

A reference to the Irene recast or a reference to Irene being blonde for part of 1996 (but before Fisher and Marilyn's wedding)?

I can't remember. I think it was that Irene looked different. I think there was a reference the hair as well but in a separate scene. I may be misremembering though. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2021 at 11:31, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Yesterday in the UK, we had Marilyn taste-testing cocktails for Ryder and Chloe and then face-planting off John's decking, and I loved when Marilyn drunkenly saying "My teeth feel sticky" once she'd finished drinking.

I've also watched a few old 1990s Home and Away clips this week, one from 1995 where she says "That would be Guide's honour, actually.  Well y'know, you have to be a boy to be a Scout" when Irene had said that she wouldn't bring up girls with Nelson again "Scout's honour", and one from 1996 where she says "Just because a person wears woollen waistcoats with chequered shirts, doesn't mean you should hate them" to Irene about Steven.

We need more funny Marilyn quotes like these.

Another Marilyn quote I've found while rewatching is her telling Lance "A muesli killer is a murderer who does one murder after another."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Marilyn's a character I've always enjoyed and I was very pleased when she came back to the Bay permanently.  But I'm very puzzled about this new character, Heather, who's supposed to be her daughter.  Marilyn first appeared in Summer Bay in 1989, looking twentyish and sounding twelve .  Now Heather turns up, 33 years later, looking twelve but sounding twentyish and she's somehow a child Marilyn had when she was very young.  I mean how does that work?   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robyng said:

Marilyn's a character I've always enjoyed and I was very pleased when she came back to the Bay permanently.  But I'm very puzzled about this new character, Heather, who's supposed to be her daughter.  Marilyn first appeared in Summer Bay in 1989, looking twentyish and sounding twelve .  Now Heather turns up, 33 years later, looking twelve but sounding twentyish and she's somehow a child Marilyn had when she was very young.  I mean how does that work?   

Different timelines and time travel haha