Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

Hm... I would rather have sent Marilyn back to Uk, and give John someone else. I loved John when he was with Gina, but seriously this relationship with Marilyn has destroyed him. I think that they have been hopelessly written, like other adult characters too. But John is not the type to be with someone like Marilyn. He has totally lost his edge.

Marilyn seems now much older than she is, and is not suited to a younger character.

And I feel that the writers haven't known how to write Marilyn since 1995, she was a "tiring" character also before she left in 1999.

Edited by jodlebirger

Ewww Marilyn is old enough to be Chris and Spencer's mother!.

Yep, she is. And she even feels older. Marilyn is meant to be at my age, but I think I look and behave younger, but still even more mature than her. She acts like a very old woman who is not longer so cognitive strong as she used to be...

The writers really need to understand Marilyn and write for her....The current plots are drivel

I thought the actress who plays her was only 44....Maybe, I'm wrong

She is 45, born on August 10th, 1969...

She looks much younger in real life than as Marilyn. The styling and how Marilyn acts make her 20 years older...

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

The writers really need to understand Marilyn and write for her....The current plots are drivel

She looks much younger in real life than as Marilyn. The styling and how Marilyn acts make her 20 years older...

You have got to be kidding!!

I'm 69 and if Marilyn looks 20 years older than Emily's real age of 45 that would make her comparable in age to me. Let me assure you that she looks nowhere near my age.

• Like 3

You have got to be kidding!!

I'm 69 and if Marilyn looks 20 years older than Emily's real age of 45 that would make her comparable in age to me. Let me assure you that she looks nowhere near my age.

I have never said that Emily Symons look 20 years older than she is... She is a really beautiful woman in real life. But there is a difference between how the actors and actresses look and behave in real life and how they are styled and written when they are playing the charachters. And I wish that people in here could be better at seing the difference between critisism of the charachter and critisism of the actor.

And Marilyn is probably the most styled charachter in home and away. Emily Symons don't look like this on pictures from her life outside the show.

I have seen discussions on Norwegian forums about the same. I wish the writers and producers could stop writing and styling Marilyn like she was much older. The styling of Roo is better, she is at the same age. But Roo is written like an immature kid sometimes. I miss the days when all the charachters, but especially the adults were written more realistic.

And it feels sometimes that the writers don't know how to do with them.

I think that Marilyn has continued to look like she's in her thirties since the late-90's.

Yeah this. When Marilyn was first in the show, she seemed older than the early 20 year old character she was playing and was marrying Don Fischer. I think it has levelled out

I do know what you mean about her appearing younger in real life - because Emily always seems very glamorous whereas Marilyn is always more conservatively dressed. I don't think she acts age inappropriate though.

• Like 1