Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

I don't ever remember if they divorced explicitly on screen, but it's fair to presume that they did considering Don was interested in June Reynolds (he's no longer with her now) not long after Marilyn left and now Marilyn is with John.

Both of them haven't re-married though.

Edited by Jezz

What a shame that Don didn't find happiness with June.

Why did they turn him into a tragic figure in 2007? :(

I don't think they turned him more into a tragic figure more than he had been in the late 90's after Marilyn got pregnant and after Byron's death. He let Marilyn walk over him, and it was only about her and not about his sorrow. He didn't act like a father who lost his child, he just had to tiptoe around Marilyn. I think that changed when June came in and Don Fischer became himself again. I loved him and June together.

In 2007 he was just an aging man, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it was a good potrayal of a man who finding himself in a new phase of his life and he wanted to do other things, and teaching had become to difficult and tiring for him. That is not unormal. He wanted to use his strength and the power which he still had, on other projects in life. But he was still Don Fischer with his own personality and needs and did not turn into a shadow. In late 1990's he was someone who just was marilyn's carer (until she ran away).

I think that a lot od other charachters would have suited Marilyn better at that time, and also now. Fischer is an old man in his 70's. She is only in her early forties. I think that Marilyn is being portrayed too old. She would have had an 14 year old son if Byron was still alive. She acts sometimes like one who is 60. It was funny this way when she was in her twenties. Then she did not felt old bit just ditzy... Now her ditzy ways make her older than she is supposed to be.

I don't want her to ruin an another charachter and that is the reason i don't want her with John. He must not loose his serious side. Then he is moving too far from the John he was when he first came into the show. He suited Gina so well, and he needs to be with someone like her.

I think that Marilyn needs to be single or meet someone like Elijah or winston, if they tone Winston down a bit. Elijah was perfect for Marilyn. He became too dull when he was with someone too serious like Leah. They dragged each other down. With Marilyn we saw how great he could be if he was allowed to have a less serious side. It would have been a good balance.

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

What a shame that Don didn't find happiness with June.

Why did they turn him into a tragic figure in 2007? :(

I don't think they turned him more into a tragic figurer more than he had been in the late 90's after Marilyn got pregnant and after Byron's death. He let Marilyn walk over him, and it was only about her and not about his sorrow. He didn't act like a father who lost his child, he just had to tiptoe around Marilyn. I think that changed when June came in and Don Fischer became himself again. I loved him and June together.

In 2007 he was just an aging man, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it was a good potrayal of a man who finding himself in a new phase of his life and he wanted to do other things, and teaching had become to difficult and tiring for him. That is not unormal. He wanted to use his strength and the power which he still had, on other projects in life. But he was still Don Fischer with his own personality and needs and did not turn into a shadow. In late 1990's he was someone who just was marilyn's carer (until she ran away).

I think that a lot od other charachters would have suited Marilyn better at that time, and also now. Fischer is an old man in his 70's. She is only in her early forties. I think that Marilyn is being portrayed too old. She would have had an 14 year old son if Byron was still alive. She acts sometimes like one who is 60. It was funny this way when she was in her twenties. Then she did not felt old bit just ditzy... Now her ditzy ways make her older than she is supposed to be.

I don't want her to ruin an another charachter and that is the reason i don't want her with John. He must not loose his serious side. The he is moving too far from the John he was when he first came into the show. He suited Gina so well, and it needs to be some like her.

I think that Marilyn needs to be single or meet someone like Elijah or winston, if they tone Winston down a bit. Elijah was perfect for Marilyn. He became too dull when he was with someone too serious like Leah. They dragged each other down. With Marilyn we saw how great he could be if he was allowed to have a less serious side. It would have been a good balance.

Fisher is not in his 70s yet. The actor is 76 but Fisher will be 69 next February 2014, he will be 70 in Feb 2015. I think he was 23 years older than Maz who was born in 1968.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I agree about Marilyn's ditzy behaviour making her seem older.Maybe it's the result of having seen her since she was first in it and it might be different if she was a new character to me, but I think the fact she still behaves, and dresses, like she did when she was young makes her seem younger than she is.I think she and John compliment each other well:Marilyn has a serious side to her just as John has a fun side to him.