Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

When the actress that plays Marilyn was on Emmerdale her boyfriend was way younger than her. It didn't cause anyone to have a heart attack or call for her to be burned at the stake. I'm not sure any of the current cast would work for me, but they could introduce someone for her.

Is John not way older than her anyway?

When the actress that plays Marilyn was on Emmerdale her boyfriend was way younger than her. It didn't cause anyone to have a heart attack or call for her to be burned at the stake. I'm not sure any of the current cast would work for me, but they could introduce someone for her.

John is about 6-7 years older I think. John was born around the early 1960s and Marilyn was born around 1968-1969 from memory.

John looks like he is late 50's to me. He definitely doesn't look the same age as Sid or a few years older than Harvey/Roo/Marilyn. Has it been stated on screen that he was born in the 60's? Surely that can't be right....

Edited by alexx

John looks like he is late 50's to me. He definitely doesn't look the same age as Sid or a few years older than Harvey/Roo/Marilyn. Has it been stated on screen that he was born in the 60's? Surely that can't be right....

I found it hard to believe but I do remember his Birthday being mentioned in Episode 5400 which aired on October 7 2011 in Australia and he may have joked about being 50 in that episode from memory.

The actor was born in August 1958 so he's currently 54 and obviously turning 55 next month so I presume either John is at that age or just a little bit younger which was hinted in Episode 5400.

I found it hard to believe but I do remember his Birthday being mentioned in Episode 5400 which aired on October 7 2011 in Australia and he may have joked about being 50 in that episode from memory.

The actor was born in August 1958 so he's currently 54 and obviously turning 55 next month so I presume either John is at that age or just a little bit younger which was hinted in Episode 5400.

He was turning 50 in that episode... They were not joking about it. But John Palmer want Gina to tell the rest that he turned 48..... But someone did understand how old he was and put it on the cake.

I don't think that John Palmer looks that much older than Marilyn.., because I think that the actress is playing her in a childish-oldish way. And her clothes.... Well, that image worked when she was younger, but now she looks like someone who is a lot older than she is. And she is meant to be in her 40's isn't she?

I have always thought that Roo, Sid and Marilyn were about 42-46 and Harvey late 40's, and Gina and John were about 50.... So not big age difference there... A big group actually comparing to earlier years.

Irene around 55-60 and Alf about 67/68...

Well, I don't want John with Marilyn. I am worried that John Palmer is loosing his serious side. He is a great character because has both comical and serious sides to him... and don't want him to be only a comical character. He has been really good with Gina, they are such a unique unit because she is hard and serious and he is more relaxed and humourus, and toghether they get more balanced.

Shane Whittington is a great actor and I want him in both funny and serious scenes.

Cougar Marilyn?

I like that idea.

I don't know why they always pair her with older guys

So who would be this younger character?

Spencer? Casey? Kyle?

... Why do I feel that this would be so much better than any romance we've had in recent times :lol:!

I agree with you

Yes, they should bring in someone new for Marilyn.

• 1 month later...