Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

Nice little interview with Emily Symons on Bay Reporter - most of the questions were quite superficial and the sort of stuff magazines ask actors which was a shame but the whole show was rather in that vein somehow. I liked the question she answered about her opinion on Marilyn's love life, being that she thinks her perfect man was Donald. They should have asked more questions like that. I also liked how she shared the same opinion I had of the Sid/Marilyn pairing and how Marilyn lost herself during that relationship.

I really wish they could entice Norman back, I'd love for them to explore this area again because its still so up in the air. Last we saw Fisher was still quite obviously in love with Marilyn and helped her threw her cancer in 2007. What then? No one knows and it hasn't ever been discussed on screen.

When Marilyn returned (I think it was in her 2nd or 3rd episode) Alf mentions the money he and Morag lent Donald to take to Marilyn. She says that she got the money but she couldn't bring herself to see him. Alf says he feels that she and Donald have a lot of unfinished business and she agrees but says she isn't going to think about that right now (or words to that effect). Basically the writers were copping out of going back there.

I really wish they could entice Norman back, I'd love for them to explore this area again because its still so up in the air. Last we saw Fisher was still quite obviously in love with Marilyn and helped her threw her cancer in 2007. What then? No one knows and it hasn't ever been discussed on screen.

But please don't forget they might very well have been asked to return but Norman might not feel up to returning as he's even older than Lyn Collingwood.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

Surely they could get him back for at least a lengthy guest stint, say a few weeks to two months? It would be brilliant to see Donald again, and the relationship between him and Marilyn does need to find closure.

I don't think it will happen while Cameron Welsh is in charge. :(

Nice little interview with Emily Symons on Bay Reporter - most of the questions were quite superficial and the sort of stuff magazines ask actors which was a shame but the whole show was rather in that vein somehow. I liked the question she answered about her opinion on Marilyn's love life, being that she thinks her perfect man was Donald. They should have asked more questions like that. I also liked how she shared the same opinion I had of the Sid/Marilyn pairing and how Marilyn lost herself during that relationship.

When Marilyn returned (I think it was in her 2nd or 3rd episode) Alf mentions the money he and Morag lent Donald to take to Marilyn. She says that she got the money but she couldn't bring herself to see him. Alf says he feels that she and Donald have a lot of unfinished business and she agrees but says she isn't going to think about that right now (or words to that effect). Basically the writers were copping out of going back there.

Ahh that's right! Thanks for the reminder. I knew they had glossed over it some how but I had forgot they discussed the money. I definitely forgot she said she didn't want to see him. This makes me want to have the relationship explored. If there isn't a chance Norman would return full time, as Edward suggested, ask him to come back for a lengthy guest stint. I'd love to see them on screen together again, such a classic pairing.

Edited by alexx

Surely they could get him back for at least a lengthy guest stint, say a few weeks to two months? It would be brilliant to see Donald again, and the relationship between him and Marilyn does need to find closure.

I think we can safely say that it will definitely not happen whilst Cameron Welsh is in charge.

I think we can safely say that it will definitely not happen whilst Cameron Welsh is in charge.

Why not? :huh: I didn't watch the show back then so I wouldn't know. Was there a disagreement between Cameron and Donald's actor or something?

Why not? :huh: I didn't watch the show back then so I wouldn't know. Was there a disagreement between Cameron and Donald's actor or something?

That is said because Cam Welsh doesn't want to hear and listen to long time viewers. All he is thinking is how to milk more money with river boys. Look how much he is concentrated only on them! The promo for next year is all about Chax. I wouldn't want that Donald returned while Welsh is in charge, because there is a huge risk that everything will end up in fiasco.

But please don't forget they might very well have been asked to return but Norman might not feel up to returning as he's even older than Lyn Collingwood.

Lyn Collingwood is 75 Norman Coburn is 74.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

That is said because Cam Welsh doesn't want to hear and listen to long time viewers. All he is thinking is how to milk more money with river boys. Look how much he is concentrated only on them! The promo for next year is all about Chax. I wouldn't want that Donald returned while Welsh is in charge, because there is a huge risk that everything will end up in fiasco.

Yes, that's what I meant. :)

I said it on here before in a previous post, but if Donald Fisher ever did come back, (which I hope he does), then it should be after the bad things about the show have been dealt with first.

• 4 months later...

I just saw a clip of Emily Symons' dress that she wore at the Logies and I have to say I barely recognised her!

She looked absolutely stunning!

She had the most beatiful white dress and Jimmy Choo clutch bag and her hair was in soft curls hanging on her shoulders... omg, she just looked stunning!

Marilyn should have her hair down more often on the show .. it was absolutely beautiful for Emily at the Logies! :D

I just saw a clip of Emily Symons' dress that she wore at the Logies and I have to say I barely recognised her!

She looked absolutely stunning!

She had the most beatiful white dress and Jimmy Choo clutch bag and her hair was in soft curls hanging on her shoulders... omg, she just looked stunning!

Marilyn should have her hair down more often on the show .. it was absolutely beautiful for Emily at the Logies! :D

I think she looks gorgeous on the show too though, classically beautiful. Imo she is in the top 5 most beautiful women in the show, despite being older then a lot of them. And yes, she did look amazing at the logies!