Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

I have to admit, while I'm still not Marilyn's biggest fan and probably never will be, that this last week or so at UK pace she hasn't been too bad.Whilst I don't think that her relationship with Sid was a bad idea per se and actually liked them together last year, I think that the whole private adoption storyline tainted that relationship by association and it did get to the point where the show needed to clear the decks and give Marilyn a fresh start.Hopefully things will get better now because initially I wasn't sure why she'd stick around after everything that happened.

I also have to admit I do actually like her most of the time in the 7TWO episodes and surprised myself by actually being pleased to see her back.

Had watched tonight's episode here in NZ (Episode 5322) I am so glad Marilyn got the closure she needed when she went to see Nicole and baby George in the city. I had began to like her again since Nicole told her and Sid that she wanted baby George back-it was so sad to her so heart-breaking when Nicole told her :(

I never liked Marilyn last time when the Nicole's pregnancy/baby George stuff happened. But I do now since Nicole announced to her and Sid that she wants to take baby George back. :) It will be nice to see Marilyn back to her old self again (like she was before the Nicole's pregnancy/baby stuff happened) because I missed that when she was bubbly and fun to watch before it happened.

I didn't like Sid's reaction-what is his problem about his girlfriend wanting to see Nicole and baby George?? <_< He should be happy and understanding that Marilyn deserves to get some closure to move on without baby George instead of beginning snappy about it! :rolleyes:

The scene of Marilyn holding baby George and giving him a kiss-it was so cute :) And I loved the talk between Marilyn and Nicole. It was nice to see them making amends and repairing their friendship. Hopefully it's the closure Marilyn does deserve to move on now without him in her life and go back to her old self.

I liked how Angelo and Nicole didn't change the baby's name and they wanted to keep it that name in honour of Marilyn who had been looking after George since his birth.

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to know what the character of Marilyn Chambers is all about, watch this video (credit to SBJ) - it sums her up brilliantly!

Maybe if the writers need inspiration they could watch it too. They need to bring more of that unique quirkiness back into the character.

Edited by alexx

Some of the clips bring back fond memories of "old Marilyn". Especially her close friendship with Irene. The writers have really missed a trick by not firmly establishing their friendship again. Irene's dry wit and eye-rolling really complimented Marilyn's innocence and ditziness.

I love her telling "Mrs Stewart" to set the worm free.

Yeah I wish Marilyn was still as sensitive and naive/dizzy.

Yeah but I do like a more mature Marilyn as they can use her in a motherly or wisdom role.

Because even Colleen is becoming a more serious person and they seem to respect her lot more and not making her look dumb.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

• 2 months later...

Really loving Marilyn at the moment. She's always there to comfort her friends and be there for everybody. I think the writers should give her a new love interest. In my opinion, they have managed to redeem her since the whole baby fiasco!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice little interview with Emily Symons on Bay Reporter - most of the questions were quite superficial and the sort of stuff magazines ask actors which was a shame but the whole show was rather in that vein somehow. I liked the question she answered about her opinion on Marilyn's love life, being that she thinks her perfect man was Donald. They should have asked more questions like that. I also liked how she shared the same opinion I had of the Sid/Marilyn pairing and how Marilyn lost herself during that relationship.

I really wish they could entice Norman back, I'd love for them to explore this area again because its still so up in the air. Last we saw Fisher was still quite obviously in love with Marilyn and helped her threw her cancer in 2007. What then? No one knows and it hasn't ever been discussed on screen.

Edited by alexx