Change

Guest brady!

Ruby's p.o.v

Some people see life as a battle. Every encounter is a struggle, and if they don't win, they feel like they have lost. Others view life as an adventure. A new day brings new opportunities to explore. If something goes badly today, there's always tomorrow, but what if tomorrow goes badly too.

Tomorrow would be a new path in my life, a path I didn't want to take but I knew I had to, because if I didn't I would face no path.

When charlie and I got back from the hospital it was getting dark. Charlie tried to talk to me in the car but I didn't respond. I don't think she understands that I don't want to talk. I just want to escape from everything...everything.

I went for a shower while Charlie made the dinner, the dinner I wasn't going to eat. I always hated having a cold shower but today that didn't matter to me. The cold water hit my body like tiny daggers, each drop jabbing each mill-second. But I didn't care, the water distracted me from my true pain.

Charlie's p.o.v

Life is like a poker game. You deal or are dealt to. It includes skill and luck. You bet, check, bluff, and raise. You learn from those you play with. Sometimes you win with a pair or lose with a full house. But whatever happens, it's best to keep on shuffling along.

As I made dinner, I could hear the shower water as it hit and tapped off the ground. Ruby had been in there for twenty minutes, and by now I was getting worried. When I reached the bathroom door I heard muffled sobs. My heart broke instantly.

Ruby, is it ok if I come in.” I asked as I gently knocked against the door.

I got no reply. I slid my back down against the door and just sat and waited. I waited for what felt like days.

As I sat there waiting, my mind wandered to a memory.

Charlie, charlie! Come on I don't want to be late. I want to go to the beach!” shouted a hyper little six year old.

Okay Rubz, lets go.” replied Charlie as she took the little six year olds hand in hers.

When they reached the beach, Rubz instantly ran for the water. She nearly loved the water as much as her big sister. Charlie had to drop everything and run after Ruby into the water. When they reached the water Ruby took Charlies hand, looked up and Charlie and said “I love the water Charlie.”

Charlie picked up Ruby and said “What about me Ruby?”

I love you too, silly.”

Charlie was taken back to reality when she heard the bathroom door unlock.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived