Gina/John

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, I couldn't find one.

Do you think they will become a steady couple? Or split up? Do you like/ hate them? Or like one but hate the other?

I can see John and Gina getting married/ staying together for a long time in the future. I think whatever Xavier thinks, John could become his step dad [and Brendan's of course]. And hopefully be a better one than he was to poor screwed up Trey.

If that was the case, perhaps Trey will come back and be happier. I don't know where he went, an institution, I think.

I think its good that they are making John a bit nicer and more human, rather than a big ogre hurting everyone. And I think Gina is becoming more of a Beth character rather than invisible.

I think they've probably got a pretty good chance of staying together.I'm getting a very slight Ross/ Morag vibe from them so I can definitely see them having a low-key wedding some time this year.I quite like the relationship, it lets us see a different side of both of them and stops them becoming too cardboard.

I like them, both as individuals and as a couple. It's nice to see a new slant on the good girl/bad boy relationship that we've seen so many times before with the young characters. Gina might not be the most exciting character ever, but she does bring a nice calm presence to the show, which characters like Irene and Colleen don't. Also, every time either Nicole or Rubbish are on screen and start their usual hysterical shrieking about whatever stupid problem they have, it is a huge relief to see Gina, a woman with class, maturity and dignity.

I like them, both as individuals and as a couple. It's nice to see a new slant on the good girl/bad boy relationship that we've seen so many times before with the young characters. Gina might not be the most exciting character ever, but she does bring a nice calm presence to the show, which characters like Irene and Colleen don't. Also, every time either Nicole or Rubbish are on screen and start their usual hysterical shrieking about whatever stupid problem they have, it is a huge relief to see Gina, a woman with class, maturity and dignity.

I agree that Colleen can be nasty at times. But how is Irene ever nasty? She's only ever nasty if someone has hurt one of her kids.

Edited by john003au

I agree that Colleen can be nasty at times. But how is Irene ever nasty? She's only ever nasty if someone has hurt one of her kids.

Excuse me, did I use the word nasty even once in my post? No I did not. I never called anyone nasty. If you use your eyes and read what I wrote, you will see that I said Gina brings a calm presence to the show, which Irene and Colleen do not. Colleen is a comedy character, and Irene is bubbly and friendly, but can get stressed easily and worries a lot. Gina is different, she is serene and approaches things very maturely and calmly.

Excuse me, did I use the word nasty even once in my post? No I did not. I never called anyone nasty. If you use your eyes and read what I wrote, you will see that I said Gina brings a calm presence to the show, which Irene and Colleen do not. Colleen is a comedy character, and Irene is bubbly and friendly, but can get stressed easily and worries a lot. Gina is different, she is serene and approaches things very maturely and calmly.

Oh sorry I misread it.

Oh sorry I misread it.

It's fine, sorry I was pissed off earlier and just vented my anger.

I don't really consider Gina mature and calm, she seems more cold and judgemental a lot of the time although I suppose that's just the same thing from another perspective.I agree she provides a contrast with Irene, who's warmer but also more volatile and likely to fly off the handle at the wrong moment, and Colleen, who's occasionally useful but mostly just a liability.It's ironic that they seem to be writing her and John as a middle-aged good girl/bad boy redemption arc when I don't really think of Gina as a particularly "good" person a lot of the time.