Elijah Johnson - Jay Laga'aia

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... he played a warlord on Xena. I assume that requires some kind of basic training... :unsure:

Heh - if it was anything like Hercules, they kinda gave up on choreography after the first couple of seasons (although Michael Hurst is and was an accomplished stage actor, so he had a decent grasp of stage fighting already). But then that's only a guess: I've watched much more Hercules (I preferred its campy, tongue-in-cheek approach, which never took itself as seriously as the sister show) than Xena.

If you like campy, tongue-in-cheek AND Jay Laga'aia then you MUST watch "Lyre Lyre Hearts on Fire," the second of the Xena musical eps (season 6, I think). The first one, "The Bitter Suite," is awesome too but Jay's not in that and you kind of have to know what's been going on in the show to appreciate it. Lyre Lyre on the other hand is just a blatant excuse for singing and dancing with no real impact on anything - it's great! :D I posted a clip of Jay's song from it on the first page, so you might want to check it out if you haven't seen it. I could go on but at the risk of turning this into a Xena/Hercules discussion, I better not... (Woo to Michael Hurst though! :ph34r:)

If you like campy, tongue-in-cheek AND Jay Laga'aia then you MUST watch "Lyre Lyre Hearts on Fire," the second of the Xena musical eps (season 6, I think). The first one, "The Bitter Suite," is awesome too but Jay's not in that and you kind of have to know what's been going on in the show to appreciate it.

Was one of those where Hurst ends up in a dress? Couldn't remember if that was Xena or Hercules, but either way, entertainingly silly.

I could go on but at the risk of turning this into a Xena/Hercules discussion, I better not... (Woo to Michael Hurst though! :ph34r:)

Heh - that sounds like a discussion that needs to be started! I'm guessing there is some kind of off-topic forum somewhere? I used to absolutely adore watching Hercules back in the '90s, so I've been indulging my nostalgia with some DVD sets more recently. Up to Season 3, and best of all, managed to convince my gf that they're good fun to watch. She even sat all the way through Kull the Conqueror recently, so she's clearly been desensitised. :P

Hehe that was Madam Twanky in Hercules. However, Jeice - Joxer's efeminite brother in Xena (not to be confused with Jet - the murderous badass brother) - has much the same vibe. Jeice appears in Lyre Lyre with Jay so I'm still sort of on topic.. kinda... I'll meet you in the TV forum :ph34r:!

Elijah is good for Leah and I hope he stays a while. I don't want them to rush into getting together or getting married as Leah already been married twice. If they do get married I want it to be by at least the end of next year at the latest.

I want Leah to stay on for many more years as she is one of my favorite characters.

But I however don't want her to get married three or four more times so I am hoping that Elijah stays a while.

Edited by john003au

I am glad to see a different character join Home and Away. I will say it aloud, I mean an ethnic character, there don't seem to have been many of them ever in the show. Not that I can remember anyway. And hopefully he will be a good representative of religion as that is lacking also. Geoff was fairly good at representing religion, but as we all know, he had his shortcomings.

One odd thing: why did Elijah Johnson refer to his sick colleague as Reverend Johnson? Are they related? Do all reverends in that area have to be called Johnson? :lol: