Tachel

Guest -Kevin-

Will you miss Tony & Rachel ?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll definitely miss them, too. I kinda wish I hadn't clicked in here and read that they were leaving. There should be some sort of rehab for spoiler addicts. :P

Sadly, it seems that very few characters/families get to stay when there's a new addition to the family. I've mostly liked the characters of both Tony and Rachel (and them as a couple), so it'll be sad to see them go.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm devastated :( They're my favourite couple and I think they bring so much to the show both individually and the unique way in which their relationship has been written. They haven't broken up/got back together continuously throughout their relationship or marriage (they haven't even broken up once) and they've been together for 2 years which for soap couples is pretty impressive I think. They've also dealt with less sensationalised storylines and have tackled more realistic issues that people can relate to. I love that they were both on the show for at least two years as friends before anything happened romantically between them and they just leant on each other for support during difficult times and gradually drew closer together. Most if not all couples are usually brought onto the show with the intention of pairing them up with one of the other characters but this wasn't the case with Tony and Rachel and I loved that. They're also both incredible actors and have produced such amazing material, I think their talent will be sorely missed from the show. It was nice to see a stable couple with a baby living in the Bay and watching them deal with parenthood and watching Harry grow.

Having said that I as a Tachel fan feel so lucky with what the writers have done with Tachel and Rachel's character as she is my favourite. Practically her whole time on the show has been action packed and on the whole I've been really happy with how they've developed her character and her relationship with Tony. She's not perfect, she can be cranky and bitchy and have her off moments but on the whole she's well meaning and always has other people's intentions at heart. Most of her faults are due to her being concerned about people and interferring too much but that's whats good about her because she's not portrayed as perfect and saintly like characters such as Leah (as much as I like her to!)

Us Tachel fans got a lovely wedding to watch, two proposals :lol: and finally saw them become parents so I can't complain at all. I would rather them leave while they're still such loved characters and getting storylines, before they either just fade into the background and become boring or get given out of character dramatic storylines just to give them something to do which would ruin them for me.

So all in all yes I will miss them so so much and I think their presence will be missed from the show but it had to happen sometime and I just really hope they get to leave together happily married with Harry. And I wish Amy and Jon all the best for their future :) Essay over haha.

Archived