Jodi Gordon's network switch angers Channel Seven

Guest matticus01

They should have got her to sign her a contract saying whe wouldn't work for the remainder of her contract. It would have prevented this happening and given them the legal right to sue her for breach of contract. Without that they can't moan and they can do naff all about it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have got her to sign her a contract saying whe wouldn't work for the remainder of her contract. It would have prevented this happening and given them the legal right to sue her for breach of contract. Without that they can't moan and they can do naff all about it.

Yep I honestly can't believe there isn't some type of "no compete clause" in all of the H&A actors contracts that would prevent them from jumping ship in cases like this. This is on Seven's head not Jodi's although in fairness I know of a few other cases similar to this where an actor tries to get out of a contract with one network to switch to another and in almost all cases that type of behavior is seen as very busch league within the industry.

Yep I honestly can't believe there isn't some type of "no compete clause" in all of the H&A actors contracts that would prevent them from jumping ship in cases like this. This is on Seven's head not Jodi's although in fairness I know of a few other cases similar to this where an actor tries to get out of a contract with one network to switch to another and in almost all cases that type of behavior is seen as very busch league within the industry.

I know they can do it in other types of business but I don't think this happened in this case. It's her career her choice.

sooty- This is Channel 7 we are talking about, now whether if it's just some lame newspaper trying to get some more readers or whatever, I could kind of see Channel 7 changing their word all the time, I mean they change our shows place Heroes and Lost on 7two (And other shows Ugly Betty for one) forcing us to get even new TV just so we can watch it. They lie about their promos (Thanfkully not H&A anymore), plus they place spoilers in promos sometimes.

Tell you the truth, I wouldn't trust 7 with a ten foot pole (Neither Channel ten which is worse, taking shows off and seemly to hate Supernatural shows), that's why I take Jodi's side (If there is a side) in this rather then them and could care less about their moaning.

ter- Just think what would Jodi do? Maybe sent her a letter or something, I wonder if she's even aware about the confusion

Ugh, are we meant to care about HOW she left? Or why, for that matter. It doesn't matter; she left, point blank.

Yeah, she probably shouldn't have given a false statement about 'taking a break from acting,' but everyone A) makes mistakes (as the newspapers so "kindly" like to point out at any given chance with Jodi) and B) changes their minds. I can see another report about how Channel 7 will "take action" with Jodi about the contract issue. Ugh. I really do wonder if Channel 7 enjoy making themselves look silly when it comes to reporting, or whether it's stupid tabloid articles that do it for them. The more they report on this, the stupider they'll look.

During her time, I've been here nor there about both the character and the actress, but I'll be sad to see her go; she's become such a part of the Summer Bay community, and is tied to so many people. I've come to like her now, she's really come into her own. She's good. Jodi's really progressed as an actress too, especially in the Cancer storyline; it was beautiful. I wish her luck.

I thought her contract expired at the end of last year and she had the option of renewing for 2 more years but she and/or Seven chose not too. Personally I wont believe anything until it comes from Jodi. I don't even trust Seven's word anymore. The Daily Telegraph has given us 3 different stories now with their unnamed 'sources confirming' how/why Jodi left. First it was mutual, then she was fired now she begged to be let go. Either way its her life and her career. I cant blame her for not wanting to work for her ex's network if that had anything to do with it.

Just one more example of Channel Seven going overboard. Although she was in a contract, if they agreed to let her go she can, and should be allowed to audition for what ever other roles she wants to, if the story is true, I don't think Jodi has done anything wrong, only she can decide where the right place for her to be is.

But if Jodi has asked to be released from the remainder of contract with Seven for "fraudulent reasons", then Seven could seek damages. This report appears to be claiming that Jodi wanted to be released so she could withdraw from the limelight and go travelling. Though at the moment she appears to have merely auditioning, but if she soon appears as working for Nine, I'm pretty sure Seven would have a good chance if they went and said that's not on. We want you to pay for say, the money it would have taken to buy Jodi out her contract.

As I and others have pointed out we have now had 3 versions of the story from the rag mags/tabloids

1. She left of her own volition.

2. She was sacked.

3. She was not sacked - she "pleaded" to be let out of her contract to go travelling then went and auditioned for a show on Channel 9 instead.

It has almost reached a farcial stage now. Since the "bikie bender" incident in June last year she has had her name dragged through the mud at every available opportunity by the tabloids. I am not saying she didn't deserve any bad press but certainly not the amount and frequency of press she has received. Certain "journalists" appear to have gone out of their way to dig up dirt on her and poke into her so-called "lifestyle" with stories about her frequenting strip clubs etc. Now when she quits the show it can't just be left that she just quit - they have to go and question and speculate about it.

What she did was stupid but at the end of the day she wasn't charged with any crime. On the other hand Todd Lasance, who was charged with a crime and did have to appear in court, has received very little publicity. There was the story about him being caught in possession of cocaine and then little or nothing until his court appearance and then the only thing since as far as I am aware was the story about him going to film a mini-series in Perth. I don't see anyone going out of their way to rake up dirt on him or write exposes about his lifestyle or write endless articles about whether/how long he had a drug habit for. I am not saying I would have wanted that to happen because I don't - I am pointing out the difference in treatment and exposure their situations have been given.

I don't find the story about her wanting a break or the suggestion that Channel 7 were prepared to give it to her credible. Why would an employer agree to someone being given an indefinite break to go travelling or whatever and tell them they can come back any time they like or want to bend over backwards to accommodate her particularly given the "scandal" she caused and the upset she caused the Network owner's poor little son (who is now so upset he appears to be dating everything in a skirt according to our tabloid friends).

Hopefully the truth will out soon. Another sad part of all this is that with all the stuff that has been written no-one has bothered to ask WHY she started partying/drinking too hard. Presumably not for the hell of it. I think one article did briefly mention her parents had split up and that she was upset about that but I have no idea if that is true or not. Maybe many wouldn't think whatever the reasons were were not very good reasons but it would have shed some more light on it at least.

Archived