Marilyn's Backstory?

Guest Snapp

Ah, so that's why she is so strung-up when it comes to that dreadful thing called 'sex'. Brainwashed from birth by a bunch of nuns pretending to be charitable and nice but in reality putting the fear of God (so to speak) into their victims by telling them terrible stories about them burning in Hell after they die if they broke any of the Ten Commandments (which includes sex before marriage).

What I'm saying is, Marilyn's "upbringing" (which she refuses to leave behind) sounds a lot like what Blaxland89 says, a group of nuns, and nuns aren't religious? These nuns made her think there is no alternative to the idea that sex before marriage is forbidden (regardless of whether love is involved).

What I'm saying is, Marilyn's "upbringing" (which she refuses to leave behind) sounds a lot like what Blaxland89 says, a group of nuns, and nuns aren't religious? These nuns made her think there is no alternative to the idea that sex before marriage is forbidden (regardless of whether love is involved).

I completely agree with that. You know fine well we are talking about you saying it was one of the ten commandments when it isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

She was someone Lance met in the city early-to-mid 1989, where she moved to Summer Bay to be with him during the year and became Morag's housekeeper.

It's really interesting to have her back though! Same old personality though ditzy as ever haha good though!

She is really likeable which is nice.

• 3 months later...

She also had an Auntie Jean who was there around the same time, played by Maggie Kirkpatrick - she's the one who told Maz her real parents were still alive - but I'm presuming she was her adoptive aunt with her name also being Chambers.

I think she should come back again....Alf could note the fact that she's the spitting image of Viv and have a fling with her..... :P

On TV5, they are showing a retrospective, which includes Marilyn's arrival in Summer Bay.

Have seen about 13 of the retro episodes. Love Marilyn.

Archived