Shout Box ?

Guest -Kevin-

I think it sounds like an excellent idea! It would give members the chance to get to know each other without the barriers of posting. But I think for this to work there needs to be a set time each day/week/fortnight for it. Maybe in the evening for the UK, the moderators could moderate it and for the even in Australia, the Australian moderators John and Jamey-Maria could moderate ours. Just an idea.

We have a shout out box on our forum, but I think it would only work for small forums. BTTB has thousands of members, and it would get flooded with everyone trying to talk to each other. Also, IMO, it would be unfair to only let certain people use it, and it would be really hard to moderate.

Given what's happened off the board when members have taken part in live chat, I can only see a chatbox causing more problems than it's worth. We have a general chat thread if anyone wants to get to know anyone better, and, as far as I can tell, there are no "barriers of posting" - aside from taking very marginally longer to get a response, you could have a real time conversation in there.

As for having set days and times when Moderators could "oversee" a live discussion, I think I speak for everyone when I say we simply wouldn't have time.

** This is not intended to come across as rude** :)

That was nearly a year ago, we have all grown up and forgotten about it and moved on (well I know I have). I think it's time you do to. Now that I think about it might be a bit selfish to expect moderators to use up their own time just to watch people they don't know have a chat online. A chat box probably is a bad idea.

By "barriers of posting", I meant that sometimes I have noticed in the General Chat that when people are having a conversation that it often goes unfinished because people forget about the thread and move onto other topics. That's all I meant.

Sorry if you take my post as rude Foxy, it honestly wasn't mean to be, just a friendly message. :)

If you don't want to come across as rude, I would suggest not telling people to grow up. Saying that does sort of negate the meaning of the point you were trying to make. :wink:

Saying "this isn't meant to be rude"....doesn't make it any less rude, it just makes it look like you don't have the balls to be completely behind the point you're making. :wink:

But yes Mez - thread closed!

Archived