Another You, Another Me, Another Now (by JosieTash) - comments

Inactive User

Wow, SUCH a lot to catch up on since I’ve been away!! BTW, happy 2010 everyone. Please note that these comments relate back to Chapter 10, which is where I’d got to before Christmas. Loved all the sisterly love (he, he) between Kim and Cleo when the mermaids revealed their secret to their families. I also loved that Elliot expressed an interest in becoming a merboy. Cool that you included your fave line of Rikki’s (about flashing Elliot) from the Young Love H2O ep. Also loved that you had Terry asking Rikki how she managed to wash in their caravan with only a shower and not a bath like Em and Cleo – great explanation re the tailfin! Awesomely sad scene when Cleo had to say goodbye to Ronnie (sniff, sniff) and I loved that Miss Chatham made an appearance to foretell of the girls happiness in SB but also of great danger. SO cool that you included news of Ric and Maddie's forthcoming marriage, which is great as we haven’t heard a lot of Ric and Maddie in real H&A since they left. That was a great line in Ch. 14 where you were talking about there being a “sweet gentleness to Cleo, even when she's tongue kissing you like there's no tomorrow!!!!” (great subtle mention of the film Tomorrow that Pheobe Tonkin/Cleo is in – that was SO clever!). We all know that Colleen would certainly comment on the mergirls kissing each other in public, but that was classic when you had Leah reply “Well, unless you got the names wrong, it ISN’T that way now.” after Colleen told Leah that Cleo and Em were kissing. Poor Colleen – she’s barely got over Jarlie and now she has a girlie foursome to contend with! And not only was Colleen shocked but also Geoff was pretty gobsmacked too (loved his reaction). It was also great that Annie also had a telepathic moment there when she told the others to duck just as bad, bad Martha was about to shoot! Can’t wait to find out what happens next …

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Ch 20: Well, bad girl Martha is being REALLY bad now – shooting at police officers! I have to admit that I wasn’t really expecting Colleen to be the computer hacker, but then again having Colleen as a secret computer genius would have been cool!!!

Re Ch 21: Love those pics of “Charlie” and “Martha” – he, he.

You’re so right about Cleo waffling a bit and it’s definitely SO Cleo to be compassionate about Martha, even though she was out to get the mermaids into serious trouble with her hacking. It’s great that they’re now all friends (well, sort of) and about to embark on their new business venture together.

Can’t wait for the next/last chapter – can it really all end happily?

I loved that chapter.Got to say, even though I don't really know the show, I am finally beginning to get a handle on the characters and their relationships to each other, I loved Elliot and Kim's reactions to their siblings' unconventional relationships.The conversation between Bella and Martha with the "rock, paper, scissors" comment and Bella being...perhaps a bit too eager to meet Mattie was great too.

Fantastic last 2 chapters and you’re right I SO enjoyed that part where Ronnie went to live with the other dolphins near Cleo (I love happy endings!).

Like Red Ranger 1, I also loved how Elliot came to terms with the foursome. I thought it was too good to be true that Kim was being understanding of Cleo’s relationships but it’s great that she was really after getting the girls kissing on film so she could sell the pics to the highest bidder at school – that was just SO Kim!!!!

Also loved that Ruby and Geoff were able to sort things out, so happy ending for them but, oh dear, poor Colleen – no happy ending for her!

Red Ranger 1, Joey’s mermaid quest will mostly be part of the kinda sequel to this story …. if there’s a sequel. It’s all bout coming up with idea. Also, re the final chapter of this fic, it was a late decision, but a GREAT one I think to incl pics of their wedding dresses

Sue, the Ronnie to the Bay bit inspired by that ep off “Sea Princesses” and that subsequent chat with Kim, Miss Chatham etc flowed from there. I LOVED that Emma was the one who went all “Yoda” with Joey [with the clues] AND ......... I REALLY liked that I could tie in that bit [Colleen] of YKK to this story, as it worked soooo nicely.

HUGE THANKS to all for the GREAT comments throughout my latest [like hopefully always] slightly different take on life in Summer Bay!!!!!

------------------------

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Another You, Another Me, Another Now (by JosieTash) - comments