2009 Season Finale

Guest -Kevin-

What did you think about the 2009 finale ?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It didn't think it was worthy of being a cliff hanger. The year long mystery wasn't such a good idea in my opinion. It should have come to an end half way through the year. I know I got sick of it dragging on for so long. Hopefully when the show returns it will be finished with quickly.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a dire ending to one of the worst storylines they've ever attempted. Charlie being knocked unconcious was just cheesy, and is something that happens every tuedsay so why they thought THAT would be big, leaving us shuddering in our seats is just beyond me. Martha was kidnapped/ in danger for what seems like the bazillionth time and just for added pretentiousness she is dressed like some princess in need of rescue from a 50's movie. Xaviers over-acted flashbacks were cringeworthy to the maximum, remembering vague words from a fight that he was unconcious for, JUST as trouble is going on at that place. Pfffft. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

I look forward to episode 5001 when it's all over. Until then it's left me with no interest.

I thought it was a dire ending to one of the worst storylines they've ever attempted. Charlie being knocked unconcious was just cheesy, and is something that happens every tuedsay so why they thought THAT would be big, leaving us shuddering in our seats is just beyond me. Martha was kidnapped/ in danger for what seems like the bazillionth time and just for added pretentiousness she is dressed like some princess in need of rescue from a 50's movie. Xaviers over-acted flashbacks were cringeworthy to the maximum, remembering vague words from a fight that he was unconcious for, JUST as trouble is going on at that place. Pfffft. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

I look forward to episode 5001 when it's all over. Until then it's left me with no interest.

I'm sure there have been storylines that were more stupid, more pointless, more intelligence insulting etc, but in terms of combining length and all of what I've just said, I really think this is the worst. The only thing that comes close is the Hayley/Scott/Kim paternity-gate.

It was awful and all the hype certain people were giving beforehand (*cough*CW*cough*) just made it seem even worse.

I mean, seriously, conveniently psychic!Xavier (and apparently Suzy, how'd she know that Hugo would be driving down that road at that exact time?), dumber than usual Charlie ("Hmmm, the mastermind is within earshot! I'd better bang on this metal container so he knows exactly where I am!"), the least surprising 'shock' reveal ever, the random 'John's racist! lol, jokes, he just hates tradies' bit. And don't even get me started on Angelo's 'ingenious' plan to let a criminal go free. All of it was terrible. Drunk!Colleen was the best part.

No where near as bad as lot of people are making it out to be.

People find small things to pick on and thus not everyone will be happy!

If people think that was a bad cliffhanger how would you like Duncan return which is almost the same as what happened in the Neighbours finale. I would love to see the complaints then :rolleyes:

I thought the episode itself was actually really good and very dramatic. It had a lot of suspense and it had a bit of comedy. The only thing that dissapointed me was the last 30 seconds. I think the non!mystery is going to be remembered for being a tediously drawn out storyline in general so the conclusion to it for the year was never going to live up to the total over-hype. But on the whole I did enjoy the actual final episode.

Charlie being knocked unconcious was just cheesy, and is something that happens every tuedsay so why they thought THAT would be big, leaving us shuddering in our seats is just beyond me.

That is so true. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a big deal about it, and Charlie will be in a coma floating between life and death for two weeks and Rachel tearfully explains that Charlie may have severe brain damage and will never be the same. During this time, Ruby gets a revelation, and everything between her and Charlie is fixed. Then Charlie wakes up and goes home the next day. :P

I found the season finale to be pretty lame as well. We all knew what was going to happen, and we all know Charlie won't die. Now, it is a soap, and I do actually like to indulge in some cliché-filled entertainment where a small, Australian coastal town is the scene of a chopper crash and major fire every two days, but in a season finale, I had expected more, too.

And just as a side note, but OH MY GOD. The dancing? I was like :blink: ... Am I the only one who was completely baffled by that? And Charlie kicking it off with Xavier (?) on the dancefloor like a teenager? :huh:

Archived