Childs' Play

Guest Niara

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: That was just brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love where it's going and how Belle is confused by her feelings. I love how Aden is still in love with Belle.

The first scene with them flirting/bickering was cute, I liked that.

Things are really heating up between these two, it's really interesting to read.

Please don't leave the next update too long!!! I really thought they were gonna kiss in this chapter!

Update ASAP!!! :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I loved the flirting, poor aden seeing them making him heartbroken, aden was right she does love him, please make them get together or make belle admit it to him =]

Hope some more about adens past 16 years is revelved soon. cant wait for more.

• 2 months later...

Well guys I'm back! Sorry it's been absolute yonts. A huge thanks to those reading this and commenting and sticking by it. I really really appreciate it. :) Hopefully I'll be a lot better with the updates. :P

I think you guys deserve a quick recap.

Previously on Child's play.

Kate, Aden's mother use to be Belle's nanny when Belle was young. Belle and Aden were best friends when they were little and would play with each other every day until one day Kate and her family suddenly left Summer bay, due to Aden's grandfather showing up.

Many years later Aden returned to the bay to find out that Belle got engaged to Drew (who she is still engaged to now). He is convinced that she still loves him but she's denying it. Aden has also told Belle that his mother Kate has passed away. Amanda and Lou Debonno (who was Belle's step dad) were one of the richest families in Summer Bay.

So here goes the next chaprer.

Chapter 6

“Belle, Belle?” Amanda yelled through the house.

“Belle, where are you we need to have a chat”, Amanda impatiently shouted.

“Mum, calm down I’m here”, Belle sluggishly waddled down the stairs with a slight evidence of tears in her eyes.

“Good, come here now because the ladies at the club have been gossiping about you and I’m not happy with what I’m hearing”, Amanda rambled grabbing Belle by the top and dragging her to her seat.

“What rumors?” Belle questioned confusedly.

“Apparently, Colleen Smart, told Madge Wilkins who told Linda Ramkin, who then told Ana Hughston that she saw you and Aden Jefferies looking… well very close the other day”

“Well who needs Internet when you have Summer Bay’s women’s club”, Bell smirked.

“Belle, I’m being serious. Is this true?”

“What does close mean anyway? That could mean anything”

“Well Colleen thinks that you might be tempted to stuff the rest of your life for this no hoper”

“Mum! Just because he isn’t as well off as others does not mean his a no hoper. And of course I’m not going to stop the wedding with Drew. What Drew and I have is a good thing and I won’t let anything or anyone get in the way”, Belle seriously told her.

“Good, darling I’m glad because you’ll never be happy with Aden. He doesn’t have a decent education, he has no money and even if you believed he will be good at you, you couldn’t live in his world for more than ten seconds. So don’t you dare let any childhood crush destroy your only chance of happiness”.

“Gee, thanks Mum, you make me sound like some one hit wonder who people are forced into loving”, Belle joked rolling her eyes.

“Honey you know it’s not like that. You are the best catch in Summer Bay and I’m not letting some low life with a dead mother come along and destroy your life”, Amanda spoke softly trying to reassure her daughter.

“What did you say?” Belle spoke firmly with hurt quickly emerging from her face. “What did you say?” She repeated angrily with a tear slowly creeping down her soft petite face.

“Belle, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like….”

“How dare you speak about Kate like that, Mum? After everything she did for me, for you and you talk about her as if she is some kind of dust in our lounge room” Belle yelled furiously getting up from her chair.

“Belle, darling, I’m sorry you know I respect Kate, I was only putting out the fact that Aden isn’t right for you as he doesn’t even have support from his family, well because he doesn’t really have a family”, Amanda cried trying to calm Belle down.

“You know what he has had one hundred times more support from his family in his life compared to me. You and Lou don’t support me. You only make decisions to do with me based on whether it will boost your social status or not. Face it Mum, you only want me marrying Drew because Jazz is the richest female in Summer Bay and you will be more popular in your little mother’s club”, Belle screamed now unable to control the tears.

“Belle, no, it’s not like that”, Amanda cried emotionally trying to convince her only daughter.

“Mum save it, just stop lying to yourself. Well you know what, it doesn’t really matter who I marry because everyone will still know that you’re a selfish cow”, Belle yelled rushing out the door and banging it with all her might.

“BELLE!” Amanda screamed in hurt whilst plummeting to the ground, offended.

Belle continued to sprint down the beach with hurt and pain rushing out of her. Her heals stomped furiously on the hot uneven sand and her tears became more violent the longer she ran.

In the distance she could hear someone calling her name but was too distracted to pay any attention.

“Belle, Belle”, the voice continued until he finally reached up with her and gently tapped her on the shoulder.

“Belle, hey, shhhhh, it’s ok Belle just sit down, it’s ok”, the young male gently spoke to her.

“It’s not , Aden, oh God why does it have to be this hard?” Belle cried grabbing his arms and falling into his chest not wanting to let him go.

“What’s hard?” Aden asked.

“Oh um nothing, um I just had a fight with Mum that got pretty heated”, Belle reassured him. She couldn’t tell him the main reason for why she was in hysterics. Her Mum’s worry was genuine. Over the last week Belle had furiously tried to get Aden out of her head but it never worked but for everyone’s sake she knew she had to marry Drew.

“Do you want to talk about” Aden caringly asked her looking into her big brown eyes.

“No I’m fine it’s just one of those silly mother daughter things that we’ll get over tomorrow”, Belle smiled.

“Cool, though if you ever need to talk-“

“Yeah, yeah I know, I know where to find you. Hopefully I won’t find you at my window again because Prince Charming, you aren’t very smooth”.

“Excuse me Tinkerbelle, I let you know that all the other princesses think I the best window climber”, he teased winking at her.

“Well they must have very low standards”, she laughed throwing a jelly bean at his nose.

“Oh, wow that really hurt”, Aden mocked. “She doesn’t only do karate but can also throw jelly beans, step back”, he laughed whilst imitating Belle’s girly action of throwing.

“Hey, you also forgot, I’m a pretty mean lamp shade fighter”, she winked.

“Oh yeah, how could I forget the mad women with the lamp. My bruisers are still recovering”, he whined pointing to spots on his leg.

“Oh poor little girl, do you want me to kiss it better?” Bell mocked.

“Yeah sure no problem”, Aden replied with a grin on his face.

Belle instantly blushed and quickly turned away. For a while there was an awkward silence until Aden broke the silence.

“So….”, he said trying to think of something to say.

Belle laughed at his attempt to break the awkwardness. “And they call you smooth”, she laughed raising her eyebrows.

“Always” he winked, giving her a smirk.

Belle and Aden continued to walk along the beach when Belle spotted a mother and son flying at a kite and smiled at the memories in her head.

“Do you remember when we use to go with your mum and fly a kite?” she smiled pointing at the scene in front of them.

“Yeah, I do. We use to have great fun”, he spoke quietly with a small smile creeping on his mouth. “Though if I remember right, you weren’t doing much of the

flying Belle? I remember you were a little bit scared?” He laughed.

“I was not!” she exclaimed with her hands on her hips, as Aden raised his eyebrows. “Ok maybe a little but I got over that quickly”

“What, yesterday you got over it?” he said giving her a little nudge. “Watch out Belle the kites coming towards you, don’t worry I’ll save you”, he mocked.

“No wonder I was scared with you saving me” she laughed.

“Don’t worry I heard Superman’s been sacked and I’m getting his job”.

“We’re doomed”, Belle mumbled with a smirk shaking her head.

The two of them finally stopped their little banter and looked at the mother and son’s happiness and love for each other.

“I miss that you know”, Aden said seriously.

“Yeah, I know you would. You were very close to your mum. She loved you so much.” Belle said quietly placing a hand on his shoulder.

“You know everyone says it gets easier and soon it won’t even hurt. But in some ways it has got harder. Some days are good but as I grow up I just wish she could share all the special moments with me”, Aden said with a tearing threatening to break out.

“And I feel so guilty” Aden winced. “It was all my fault I could have helped her but I didn’t, I just let… let…” he tried to tell her but he couldn’t. He was so scared of what she would think of him. She had never seen Aden with so much hurt and emotion in his eyes before. Quickly the emotion over took Aden and he suddenly got up and bolted away. Belle wanted to run after him and comfort him but she knew she had to give him space. She was about to walk back home when she saw Drew’s eyes fixated on her.

She started walking towards him but he still stared at her seriously, analyzing every inch of her.

“Hey babe” she said to Drew, with no response.

“I was just helping Aden because he saw something that reminded him about his mother. He was pretty upset” she casually said trying to hide how much she cared about Aden.

Drew still didn’t speak a word. He still continued to look at Belle with an unimpressed expression.

“Drew! What’s wrong? Please, speak to me. Have I done something wrong?”

“You love him, don’t you?” Drew asked seriously, with no emotion and avoiding eye contact with her.

What! Love who?” Belle exclaimed outraged.

“You love Jeffereies” he softly spoke.

“Of course not” Belle squealed defending herself.

“Belle don’t deny it. I’ve heard the rumors, I’ve been watching you and him around each other. The only one her doesn’t believe that you love him, is yourself”

Drew shouted, finally losing his temper.

“I don’t believe it, because I don’t love him. Drew, I love you. Ok, you’re the only man for me”, she pleaded trying to convince him and herself. “Babe I’m marrying you because I love you”, Belle said looking right into his eyes. She could see him slowly coming around and starting to believe Belle.

“Aden and I will always be close, because I’ve shared so many experiences with him and have been through a lot together. But it’s not the same as what you and I have” She said seriously, placing a hand on Drew’s shoulder.

“And when has Colleen Smart ever been right?” she smirked as she could see Drew finally relaxing.

“Yeah I spose so. I was just worried and I can’t stand seeing you even look at another man because I want you to be my girl”, he said possessively.

“I am your girl” she said with a smile and gave him a hug. As she hugged him the smile began to fade away and the guilt of her feelings for Aden began to kick in.

“I love you Belle Taylor”, Drew seriously said as they broke away from the hug. “And you know what if you did love him we could have got through it because there is no girl in the world I would rather be with then you.” He told her.

“What, so your saying if I ever love someone else you’ll still stay with me?” she asked confused by his statement.

“Well no not quite like that but if you did love someone I’d live with it a while because in the end I know you would eventually love me again”, Drew confidently announced.

Belle gave him a little smile to hide what she was really thinking. Is this really the man of her dreams or was the man of her dreams someone else? Someone by the name of Aden Jefferies?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ohhhhh man! I've only just noticed this fic in the vault. That sucks.

You should have carried this on, I've loved it!

It was so different & unique.

I hope you decide to carry it on some time soon.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

LOVE THIS STORY >>>>> PLEASE UPDATE IT HAS TO BE UPDATED >>>> I WANT TO BELLE AND ADEN TO END UP TOGETHER I HATE THAT DREW FELLA

Archived