Childs' Play

Guest Niara

Thanks once again everyone for reading this and everyone commenting! I really appreciate it :D

And Lou is Belle's step dad but Amanda's still her real mum, same as the show.

Here goes chapter 4 (it's 16 years later on).... Enjoy!

CHAPTER FOUR

16 years later

“I think they should get married in a church”, Amanda stated looking at the pictures of the venues in front of her.

“A church! Our two! They will have to do a lot of sin repenting beforehand if you know what I mean”, Jazz said with a wink.

“It’s just very romantic and traditional”, Amanda said giving Jazz a copy of a photo of a quaint little old church located in a green field.

“Yeah and our kids don’t have one traditional bone in their body”, Jazz scolded. “Anyway I’ve been banned to set foot anywhere near a church”, Jazz laughed as she remembered her teenage years.

“You what?!”

“Yeah, a catholic priest took a restraining order against me twenty years ago which states Jasmine Gianne Papas is not allowed to enter another church or be within ten metres of a church until further notice. They never gave me another notice so technically I’m still on a restraining order. God, I thought forgiveness was their main agenda”, Jazz scoffed rolling her eyes.

“What did you do?” Amanda asked in shocked.

“Ah what happend twenty years ago, stays twenty years ago”, Jazz winked as Amanda moaned. “Amanda, why don’t Belle and Drew get married at the beach?” Jazz asked pleased with her idea.

“The beach! No way! It gets so windy and sand just flies around in everyone’s eyes and it is a nightmare for the bride and her dressed”.

“What sand. You’ll be so caught up in their nuptials that you won’t even notice the sand”, Jazz argued.

“Trust me, you will be the first one complaining about the sand, Jazz”, Amanda laughed.

“Look, I think the beach would be perfect for them and we can both easily flash our cash around to make it an elaborate and memorable ceremony”, Jazz suggested.

“I think you will be flashing more than your cash around” Amanda murmured to herself, causing herself to smile. “Anyway Jazz as mother of the groom, you realise you will be paying for 75% of the ceremony”, Amanda informed her.

“I will certainly not. It’s fifty, fifty”.

“No, you are the groom’s family and we have to pay for Belle’s dress, makeup, bridesmaid dresses, hair, flowers....”

“It’s not my fault if your daughter wants to look like a toilet paper doll. She can just wear a nice simple wedding dress that is less expensive and will still make her look beautiful. Anyway we have to buy Drew an Armani suit and that ain’t going to be cheap”, Jazz argued back, raising her voice.

“I should have guessed that it would cost a lot to get your boy looking any good. Like mother like son”, Amanda bit back getting annoyed with Jazz’s complaints.

“Like you can talk, miss I can’t smile anymore because my face has been cemented by Botox”, Jazz snipped back.

“Well at least this face is looking better than yours”, Amanda yelled as she finally lost her patience.

“Better, huh your face looks like it belongs on a 60 year old Man-”

“Guys what’s going on here”, Belle yelled as her and Drew walked into the house of the screaming ladies.

“Your mother-”

“Belle sweetie we were just talking about the location of the wedding”, Amanda calmly spoke hugging her daughter.

“Mum, Jazz what have we told you? Drew and I will decide together where we are going to get married, ok. It has nothing to do with the two of you”, Belle told the whiny mothers firmly.

"Yeah but-"

"Mum!" Belle exclaimed crossly pointint at her to stop.

“Ok, I’m sorry honey”, Amanda apologised giving her daughter a peck on the check.

“It’s ok. Anyway I’m going to lay down for a while in my room. Cya everyone”, Belle waved as she slowly and sadly wondered to her room.

“Don’t you want me to come with you”, Drew winked.

“Nah I’m fine. I’ll give you a call tomorrow”, Belle calmly told him and nodded goodbye.

“What’s up with her?” Jazz asked.

“Dunno, she’s been strange for a while now. She doesn’t even seem that excited about the wedding”, Drew explained as he shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m sure it’s just nerves, she’ll come around”, Amanda convinced Drew placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah, spose so”.

“Knock, knock, girlie can I come in?”

“Of course you can Irene”, Belle said excitedly.

“Hello, so what’s up your trotter, girlie?”

“Nothing, Irene, just tiered with all this wedding stuff”.

“Come on, I wasn’t born in the last shower”.

“No only the second last”, Belle joked poking Irene gently on the side.

“Huh! So what’s the real reason? I notice that your Aden penguin is out of its cupboard again and not collecting the dust anymore”

Belle smiled and looked at her penguin that immediately brought back many faint memories of her childhood. “Yeah it’s come out of hibernation”.

“So why has it migrated back on your bed?” Irene asked softly.

“Well, ok Irene if I tell you something will you promise not to tell anyone. Especially not Jazz, Mum and Drew”

“Of course girlie wouldn’t waste my time talking to them anyway”, Irene smirked causing Belle to laugh.

“Ok you remember Aden.”

“As if I could forget Aden. You have talked about him and Kate for the last 16 years”

Belle smiled and continued. “Well I was walking down the beach the other day and noticed this young muscular, tanned guy helping a boy who had just lost his ice cream. I was intrigued by the way he cared so much for the stranger that I continued watching. It was only until he looked at me with those piercing blue eyes that I realised it was Aden. Irene, Aden’s back!” Belle exclaimed with a scared look on her face.

“Well that’s great, isn’t it?”

“Well yeah, no, I don’t know Irene. It will be nice to have a friend but it’s Aden. When we were six-“

“You promised each other you will get married”, Irene chanted rolling her eyes.

“Yeah but now I’m marrying someone else”.

“Well love, life changes a lot and we just have to deal with what we are dealt. You were six when you said those things, Belle. We all say things like that when we’re six. You have grown up now and now have a life with Drew. At the moment you and Drew are getting married but if you ever start to have second thoughts about the wedding then maybe-”

“No, of course I’m not having second thoughts”, Belle yelled angrily shaking her head furiously. “I love Drew and that is all that matters. Drew and I are going to get married”.

“Ok. Did you speak to Aden?”

“No, I’m not sure if he recognised me. When I saw him, I panicked and rushed away”, Belle said in a disappointed tone.

“Well next time you see him, talk to him”.

“Yeah but why do I say?” Belle asked unsure.

“I dunno girlie, hi might be a good start”, she said shrugging her shoulders with a smile. “Anyway darl I leave you to it, I have a shift at the diner but you let me know if you need me and I’ll be here in a heart beat”, Irene told her lovingly.

“Thanks, Irene, you’re the best!”

“That’s what they all say”, she laughed causing Belle to roll her eyes.

For the rest of the night Belle continued to lay on her bed flicking through a photo album of her when she was about six. Every photo brought a smile to her face as she remembered the time in her life where everything was like a happy fairy tale and so simple.

Her life now felt very sequenced. It was expected of her by her family and social groups to find someone rich and settle down with him. That’s why she was with Drew. She thought she loved him because he was the perfect boy who fitted into her life. But seeing the photos of her and Aden when they were younger reminded her what happiness was really about. She knew that the six year old Aden was probably a lot different to the ‘adult Aden’ but it didn’t stop her wondering whether there was something better out there. She wanted to be Belle Taylor again instead of the girl who everyone else wanted her to be.

She continued thinking to herself about the what ifs, when she was startled by a loud bang at her window. She automatically panicked and grabbed her bedside lamp, getting ready to confront whatever it was. She started to shake when she saw her window being pulled up and tried to let out a scream but nothing came out. She tightened her grip on the lamp and began to prey frantically in her head. Slowly she saw a head come through the window as she ran to the intruder and hit them as hard as she could with a lamp.

“Belle, Belle, it’s me. Belle”, a familiar voice squealed trying to protect himself from the crazy girl in front of him.

“Aden”, she hissed. “God you scared me, why couldn’t you use the door, you idiot?”

“Because I thought your family wouldn’t have let me in but I now think the door would have been the safer option and besides this isn’t the first time I’ve climbed through you’re window”, he laughed.

Belle smiled at him as her mind instantly drifted to when they were six and decided to improve their gaming ideas.

(Flashback)

“I know, lets play mothers and fathers”, Belle suggested as she always did.

“Nah so sick of that game.”

“Ok then lets play tiggy?” Belle asked thinking very seriously.

“No too much running.”

“Well fine you think of an idea then, I give up”, she spat annoyed.

“How about we play Rapunzel, like that movie we watched the other day?”Aden suggested.

“Yay, that sounds fun but what do we do? My hair's not long enough," Belle said a little confused.

“Well you wait up in your window and I’ll will climb up and rescue you from the big dragon. I can just climb up the walls, I don't need hair”, Aden said proudly.

“What for real? How are you going to climb all the way up to my window, with no hair?” she asked with a hint of worry.

“Belle I’m the strongest boy in my class, it’ll be easy”, he confidently announced.

The two children got to their positions and Aden began to climb the two story high challenge. He had almost reached the top when Lou rushed out side, when he saw Aden climb over his bedroom window, on the first floor.

“Oi what do you think your doing up there you stupid boy?” Lou yelled.

“Playing Rapun- Rapun... Arghhh”, Aden screamed as he plummeted to the ground.

“Aden!” Belle yelled and quickly ran down to her prince charming lying flat on the ground.

“Kid, are you alright?” Lou asked a little concerned.

Aden cam up for a couple of seconds before saying, “my head hurts” and then laid back down on the ground, enjoying the attention.

(end flashback)

Belle couldn’t stop smiling as she thought about how uncomplicated life was back then. She looked up to Aden and saw he was also smiling and she was quite certain they were thinking about the same event.

“So why did you climb in through my window?” Belle asked with a smirk.

“I thought you would realise that it would be me but obviously you didn’t, considering I was welcomed by a mad lady with a lamp”.

“So you thought that after 16 years of having no communication, I would automatically think that you would come climbing through my window for a chat?” She asked smirking.

“Well I suppose when you put it like that way, it wasn’t my brightest idea”, he laughed.

“But how did you know I’d be here?” Belle question curiously.

“I saw you the other day and heard from people around town that you still lived here. I imagined this was still your room, well I hoped it was other wise if it was your parent’s room that could have been awkward”, he told her smiling.

“So you did see me the other day. Why didn’t you come and talk to me?”

“The same reason you didn’t. I had no idea what to say”.

“So you thought breaking and entering my house would be a more appropriate way to handle the situation”, Belle joked as Aden smiled at her and admired her beauty. She still had her wavy brown hair which was now neatly cut to her shoulders. She was small and petite but had curves in all the right spots and her big brown still shown brightly in the moons reflection.

“So anyway how are you going?” Aden asked trying to distract himself from continuously looking at Belle.

“Oh you know just the usual. No job, no housework, I just let everyone else do my work for me while I shop and party. What a life”, she sighed. She wanted to tell him that she was engaged but couldn’t do it. “Although I did go to uni and am now a qualified photographer but Mum thinks it’s pointless for me to waste time to get a job as I have enough money to last me four lifetimes”, Belle told him impersonating her mother. “What are you up to these days?”

“Um”, Aden hesitated. He didn’t know what to tell her. Should he tell her the truth that he had no job, he dropped out of school in year ten, his life was a mess and that he didn’t have enough money to last him two days, let alone four lifetimes. “Life is great, been very busy working and all that stuff”, he lied.

“Oh how’s your mum? Is she here, I would love to see her, I’ve missed her so much”, Belle exclaimed with joy.

Aden let out a gulp. Pain instantly flooded into Aden’s heart as he remembered his mother agonising death. “Belle, um, she um she died... a long time ago”, he finally managed to squeak.

Belle’s shoulders plummeted as tears quickly filled up her eyes. She loved Kate as her own mother and even though she hadn’t seen her for years however that didn’t stop her from missing and loving Kate.

“Aden I’m so sorry”, she told him sympathetically and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. “How did she die?” Belle asked concerned.

Aden’s eyes looked up at her with fear. He wanted to tell Belle the truth but he couldn’t. He knew she wouldn’t judge him or hate him but it was too hard. He quickly got up off Belle’s bed and headed for the window.

“Aden, wait! where are you going? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” she said trying to stop him from leaving.

“Belle, just leave it ok. I have to go. I remembered that I have to be somewhere. I’ll talk to you more tomorrow”, he explained softly, before rushing out the window of her second story bedroom.

“Aden!” Belle exclaimed but he was gone. Belle moved slowly to her bed and fell on top of it. Suddenly she let out the tears and pain that had been building up inside of her since she found out the news about Kate. She reached out for her Aden penguin and held if tightly to her chest.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW it just keeps on getting better, I love the flashbacks of Aden and Belle as kids. That was really good.

I just love how you're writing this, it's perfect. I love where you're going with this, it's getting really exciting. So keep up the great work :D

I look forward to reading more!!!!! Don't leave us hangin' for too long!

• 2 weeks later...

A huge thanks again for all the support I've received. I love it that people are reading this and I love reading everyone's comments. I'm so sorry for the slow update, Im really busy at the moment so expect some delays but I'll try my best to not keep you in too much suspence. :wink: So heres chapter 5, enjoy!

Chapter 5

“Hi can I please have 3 scoops of the double chocolate in a waffle cone?” Belle asked the ice cream man politely.

“Well, well, well, nothings change, your still a pig”, she heard a young man say as he as walking buy, which caused her to smirk.

“Well if it isn’t prince charming. Have you climbed in to any windows lately?” she joked.

“No I’m too afraid I’d be confronted by a mad women with a lamp”, he winked back.

“Thanks”, Belle said to the ice cream man as she received her humungous ice cream and she immediately began scoffing it down.

Aden just stood there smiling and laughing, shaking his head at the girl in front of him.

“And they call you a lady”, he smirked, rolling his eyes.

“I am a lady”, she defended, looking up at him with ice cream smothered on her face.

“Clearly. After 16 years Belle, I thought you’d know how to eat an ice cream now. What a pig!”

“I am not. I just like ice cream”, she squeaked as she continued to scoff the delicious dessert in front of her.

“Obviously!”

“Do you want some?” she asked politely

“Nah wouldn’t want to eat that with pigs slobber all over it”, he winked.

A smile slowly came on Belle’s face as she grabbed one scoop of her ice cream and threw it on Aden’s face giggling hysterically, like a six year old, as she ran for her life.

“Oi! Come back here” Aden yelled with a huge smile on his face as he realised the six year old Belle Taylor was basically the same lovable girl, just a bit older.

“Help! Help!” She squealed in hysterics as she ran along the beach towards the water.

“You can scream all you want little pig but no one will help you” he laughed as he got closer and closer to her.

Suddenly Belle stoped and was preparing to defend herself with some kind of kung fu technique.

“What the hell are you Kung fu panda or something?” Aden asked bursting out in laughter at the petite female ready to take him on.

“I’ll let you know Mr Jefferies I learnt taiquondo”, she declared proudly.

“Oh now I’m real scared” he mocked as he slowly walked towards her. She eyed him and moved slowly moved herself getting ready to take him on.

Quickly he ran to her and easily picked her up. She started slapping him playfully and squealing for him to put her down.

“Well looks like you were a gun at taiquondo”, he laughed as he refused to let her go. “How long did you say you were learning?”

“Put me down or you’ll be sorry”

“What you going to Kung fu fight me again”, he smirked. “One, two..” he yelled swinging her to the water.

“ADEN!!!! PLEASE I’ll never throw ice cream at you again. PUT ME DOWN!”

“Ok fine” he said slowly placing her towards the ground although he desperately wanted to throw her in the water.

“Thankyou!” she said unimpressed but couldn’t contain the smile that was piercing through her lips.

“No problems, Jackie Chan. So how long did you learn taiquondo for?” he chuckled.

“Three months” she smiled. “I only quit because the instructor advised my Mum that taiquondo was probably not the best sport for me and I should take up something where my talents lie”, she giggled as he joined in with her. They continued to walk along the beach for the next half an hour, laughing and joking with each other. Reluctantly Aden had to leave Belle, as he had to be somewhere. Belle continued to walk alone the beach smiling at the time she had just spent with Aden.

“Belle! Belle, BELLE, wait up?” came a young male’s voice from the top of the beach as he saw his girlfriend walking on the waters edge.

“what.... oh hi”, Belle softly spoke a little startled.

“Who were you dreaming of just then? Oh let me guess, me obviously”, Drew arrogantly spoke.

“Of course”, Belle lied.

“So babe, how you feeling today? Better than yesterday?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, why’d you ask?” Belle asked defensively.

“You just seemed a little down in the dumps and I was worried you were having... that you might have been having second thoughts about us?” Drew sighed.

“What, no of course not Drew. I’m so sorry I’ve been so distant, I’ll make it up to you”, she said trying to convince him and herself. She than leant in and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips.

“I like the sound of that”, Drew smirked holding her in his arms. “You know I love you Taylor”, he said gently in her ear. “You’re the greatest girl I know”.

“You’re not pretty bad yourself”, Belle smiled, wrapping her arms around him. Slowly and passionately their lips connected each others. Little did they know that they were being watch by a heart broken Aden Jefferies.

“Watch it!”came a female’s voice as she was knocked to the ground at the entrance of the diner.

“Oh um sorry didn’t realise you were there”, the male squeaked as he tried to help the girl back onto her feet.

“Yeah obviously”, she snapped pushing away his helping hand. She then analysed the young, familiar looking blonde male standing in front of her. “Do I know you?” she quizzed.

“Um, not sure, maybe. I use to live here a long time ago. My name’s Aden, Aden Jefferies”.

“Aden... hmm.... Oh of course your Belle’s, Aden”, the girl finally clicked.

Aden smiled at the sound of being Belle’s Aden but then remember that a monkey now belonged to Belle.

“Yeah, Belle and I use to be friends when we were younger”, he laughed thinking back to the memories.

“Yeah I remember you now. Hey I’m Cassie Turner, I’m Belle’s best friend”, she said in a friendly manner letting out her hand.

“Oh hey, I remember little Cassie Turner. You were always that tall bubbly girl, who was friends with everyone. Looks like nothing much has changed”, Aden said working his charm.

“Thanks”, Cassie blushed. “So would you like to join me for a quick drink, I would love to catch up?” Cassie asked gesturing to a table for two.

“Yeah sounds great”, Aden said enthusiastically before helping Cassie to a chair. “So how are you?” Aden asked the pretty girl.

“I’m good. I’m studying to be a psychologist, which I love it so much. I love it that I can help people get through the demons that trouble them. It’s sometimes tough but I wouldn’t want to do anything else. I also work at part time at a drop in centre, which is great too”, Cassie proudly told Aden.

“Sounds awesome! So are you married, boyfriend?” Aden asked

“Wow, you don’t wait long till you ask the tough questions!” Cassie joked with a smirk.

“Just making conversation”, Aden winked back.

“Well, no I’m single at the moment. Just waiting for Mr Right but still no luck, unlike Belle”, Cassie sighed.

“Belle?” Aden quizzed.

“Yeah, didn’t you know? She’s getting married in two months”, Cassie said enthusiastically.

Aden’s face quickly turned pale. His heart rapidly and hurtfully pumped in his chest, as he felt the last bit of happiness being sucked out of his life.

“No I didn’t know. Good for her”, he said letting out a fake smile.

“Yeah, it’s awesome isn’t it? They are so perfect for each other. He was always the popular boy at private school and she’s always been the golden girl of the bay. It’s tipped to be the biggest wedding of the year in Summer Bay. There’s so much buzz and excitement going around about it”, Cassie raved on. “Speak of the devil now”, she said spotting Belle walking in the room.

“Belle!” Cassie explained getting up and giving her best friend a hug.

“Hey Cas, hey Aden”, she nodded.

“We were just talking about you”, Cassie said.

“Well aren’t I lucky. Hope it was good”, Belle joked.

“Oh no, Belle I’m so sorry I have to go, I didn’t realise the time. I have to be at the drop in centre in ten minutes. I’ll call you latter tonight. Cya Aden it was good to catch up”, Cassie yelled whilst running out the door in a rush.

“Bye”, Belle laughed at her friends sudden panic fit.

“So what were you guys talking about?” Belle quizzed whilst pulling up a chair to sit next to Aden.

“Oh um nothing really just about the wedding of the year”, Aden hissed softly.

Belle gulped, as she realised what she had done. She deliberately didn’t tell him about the wedding but she was unsure why she didn’t mention it to him when he asked her what she was up to these days.

“Belle, thanks for telling me”, he spoke sarcastically.

“Sorry Aden, I, I forgot to mention it”, she squeaked.

“Forgot”, he spat, still trying to remain calm. “How do you forget that you’re getting married? Great wedding this sounds”, he said calmly but sarcastically. He quietly got up and moved outside so they could talk about it somewhere more private.

“Belle, do you even love the guy?” he asked starting to get fired up.

“WHAT! Of course I love the guy. Jeez, what kind of person do you think I am? You come back in my life for five seconds and you think you can ask me if I love my fiancé? How dare you!” she growled angrily.

“But when I came through your window the other day, I saw the joy and happiness on your face when you realised it was me. I saw all those feelings from when we were six, flood back into your heart just like they flooded back into mine”, Aden spoke passionately.

“Aden, we were six, we had no idea about true feelings”, she spat.

“But we do now Belle and I know you have feelings for me as you wouldn’t be as worked up as this”, he said trying to convince her and holding out his hand.

“I’m not getting worked up”, she yelled. “I’m just hurt that you of all people are questioning whether I love my fiancé. You don’t even know him”.

“Yeah but I know you Belle and I can see that I am getting under your skin”, Aden tried to calm her down by telling her gently.

“Aden, I’m sorry I don’t have feelings for you, I don’t. So stop making out my wedding is a sham because I LOVE DREW. Ok, I LOVE DREW!” she shrieked, furiously shaking her head and grabbing him by the shirt.

“Fine, whatever”, Aden spat. “Oh Belle, by the way are you ever this passionate when you argue with Drew?” Aden asked with a smile, pretty sure of the answer.

“What do you mean?”Belle asked angrily.

“Oh nothing”, Aden winked with a smile and slowly walked away, leaving Belle on her own.

“What does he mean, passionate?” she mumbled to herself kicking the leaves as she paced up and down.

“Of course we are passionate. Well maybe I don’t normally get that upset. It was only because he asked me hurtful things and if anyone asked me those things I would have got just as upset. I only grabbed Aden because I was angry and I’m sure I would have done the same if I was angry at Drew. See, I must love Drew way more because I’m never angry at him like that”, Belle rambled until it suddenly hit her. Aden was right. She got extremely quick-tempered and fiery with Aden not because she was angry at him but more because she was angry that she has feelings for him. Belle suddenly sat on the ground, letting out the hurt and anger that was built up inside of her. How could she marry someone, if she was beginning to love somebody else? She thought. Then she quietly mumbled to herself, “I’m just going to have to try harder. There is no way this wedding isn’t going to happen.”

Archived