Guest KatieroxNZ

Story title: Broken

Type of story: Long fic

Main characters: Jack and Martha

BTTB rating: T/A

Genre: Drama and angst.

Spoilers: None

Warnings: Possible.

Summary: Martha has a terrible secret, will she tell Jack?

Broken

Martha MacKenzie seemed perfect on the outside but on the inside that was far from the truth, she was all alone, scars for memories that would haunt her forever, she felt that couldn't even tell the one person who was most important to her, Jack Holden, because she knew this would destroy him. She had to suffer in silence. She couldn't help but have flashbacks of that one night, that night ruined everything With only scars left as a reminder. She would continuously go into a daze and think to herself, why was she in the wrong place at the wrong time? Why her? Then she would quickly snap out of her daze and back to reality and think about her upcoming wedding, tears would build up in her eyes. She couldn't go into this marriage with this huge secret, but she felt that it was better he was protected and also she didn't know how to tell him. She finally came to a decision that she would tell him about her horrible ordeal, but only after the wedding.

Just over 2 weeks had passed and the wedding day had finally arrived, for Jack it couldn't come fast enough but for Martha it was a different story, it's not that she didn't want to marry Jack its just now had to tell him her terrible secret. Martha wasn't looking forward to this conversation at all but she knew it had to be done. As she walked into the church holding her grandfathers arm, she could see everyone's eyes were on her, she couldn't help but worry that everyone could see her scars, not that they could because she had covered them up with make-up, but it didn't stop her thinking that. As she reached the end of the aisle where Jack was standing she felt a flood of relief go over her.

“You look stunning” Jack said to her.

“Thank you” she said, letting out a small smile.

As the priest said the last sentence, Martha felt happy but worried at the same time. She was now married to the man of her dreams but she now had to tell him her secret that she had kept hidden for weeks. Before she could think any more, Jack had wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a long passionate kiss, she felt all her worries slip away when she was with him. When the two pulled apart from their passionate kiss, they just stared into each others eyes. It was like only has eyes for each other, and everyone around them was a blur.

“I love you so much Mrs Holden” he said with a smile.

“I love you more Mr Holden” she said with a small smile.

They walked out of the church arm in arm. They were happy about starting their new life together, but the thought was still on Martha's mind, when was the right time to tell her new husband about her terrible ordeal, she came to the decision it was better to do it sooner rather then later. She was in for a long night.

Comments? :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! :D

Here's the next chapter.... Enjoy! ^_^

They were on their was to the airport to catch the plane to Fiji for their honeymoon. Jack had a smile on his face the whole car journey while Martha stared out the window, with a blank look on her face, Jack could tell she was in her own little world and he didn't want to disturb her. What he didn't know was that Martha was actually thinking about how to tell Jack about what happened on that terrible night. That night that will now haunt her for the rest of her life. She couldn't think of the words to tell him, it was a differcult subject for her to talk about because the pain and emotion was still so raw and it was hard for her to even think about let alone talk to anyone about it but she knew she couldn't keep hiding it from Jack for much longer, the longer she waited the harder it would be to tell him.

With the car pulling to a sudden stop outside the airport, this snapped Martha out of her thoughts and back to reality. She jumped out of the car and took a deep breath in then out, looking at the airport doors she let a small smile escape from her lips, even though she was dreading telling Jack about what happened she was going to the beautiful island of Fiji for her honeymoon, she couldn't complain too much.

After checking in and waiting for a couple of hours in the waiting after until their plane finally got called, they were allowed to board their plane.

“Are you ready babe?” he said looking at her.

“As ready as I'll ever be” she said with a smile

“OK lets go” he said, grabbing Martha's hand and leading her into the plane entrance.

Once they boarded the plane and got comfortable in their seats, Martha told Jack they needed to have a serious talk once they got to the hotel. He had asked Martha what they needed to talk about but she wouldn't tell him, he kept asking but she wouldn't budge. This had Jack curious and slightly worried.

After what seemed like forever the plane finally landed in Fiji.

“We're finally here” Martha said excitedly while walking out of the plane entrance.

“Yeah babe it's going to be amazing” he said flashing her a smile.

“It is going to be great isn't it” she said smiling.

Arriving at the hotel was a mixture of happy and nervous for Martha, she was finally going to tell Jack about what happened to her on that fateful night. Once they had settled into their room Martha told Jack they needed to have a serious talk.

“Come and sit down” she said gesturing to the spot next to where she was sitting on the couch.

“Martha, what's wrong?” he asked, worry was evident in his voice.

“Jack, I don't know how to tell you this” she said avoiding his eye.

“Please babe just tell him” he said with a look of desperation on his face.

“Well do you remember that night a couple of weeks back and I didn't come home, well, I don't know how to say this” she said tears building up in her eyes.

“Please just tell me Martha” he said, the worry was evident.

“I... I... I was.... I was raped” she said in a quiet whisper, then the tears began to fall freely.

“What?” Jack said stunned.

Comments? :D

Archived