What do you think of Gina

Guest KirstyEkua

What do you think of Gina?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beth was a far better character than Gina. So was Shelley. I think that Ginas introduction destroyed her. We were promised a family, but got only 2 brothers and the mother was just popping in a few times until the last month of 2009 season. And when she was in it she wasn't there for long enough and she was struggling too much with her sons and wasn't doing anything. And then suddenly she became a principal (and Bartlett who I actually really liked, totally dissapeared) and started to date the worst parent in years (John Palmer) and that destroyed her even more for me.

But both Beth and Shelly were portrayed consistently from the start. Home and Away is missing a good mother figure (Irene is never going to be a good mother figure, because she doesn't have a good interaction with the kids she is housing, she remains me more about a hotel owner) and I think it is a shame that Gina was destroyed this way.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Gina but I don't think she's been used to her full potential at all. It's about time we had a new character that isn't a teenager and I like all that she brings a large family with her and has links with Tony. I really love their sibling relationship although I think it could be shown more often and I'd really love her family history to be explored a bit more.

I agree that I don't think she's been brought in as a replacement to Beth. I'm one of the few people who didn't actually like Beth whereas I really like Gina's personality and I think they're very different. She's a lot more real I think.

Beth was a far better character than Gina. So was Shelley. I think that Ginas introduction destroyed her. We were promised a family, but got only 2 brothers and the mother was just popping in a few times until the last month of 2009 season. And when she was in it she wasn't there for long enough and she was struggling too much with her sons and wasn't doing anything. And then suddenly she became a principal (and Bartlett who I actually really liked, totally dissapeared) and started to date the worst parent in years (John Palmer) and that destroyed her even more for me.

But both Beth and Shelly were portrayed consistently from the start. Home and Away is missing a good mother figure (Irene is never going to be a good mother figure, because she doesn't have a good interaction with the kids she is housing, she remains me more about a hotel owner) and I think it is a shame that Gina was destroyed this way.

I don't think it was said anywhere that we were promised a family. Gina came to support her brother after the death of his son, and i actually thought she was introduced quite well. I like the relationship between them and think it's done realistically. It's nice they have some proper family stories that she is involved in, perhaps it's boring becasue it's not all high drama but soaps need charatcers like that. I like she's not been flung in at the deep end, i feel we are getting to know her slowly and i think that's a good thing.

No one is perfect i like that Gina's faults are being shown. John is not the nicest guy but we can't help who we fall for, and i actually think that makes her all the more interesting.

She's definitely not a favourite and I don't see her becoming one but I can put up with her. I probably switch off when she's on screen, though.

I do see a lot of similarities between her and Beth (who I never really liked either).

I was torn between "tolerate" and "dislike" and ended up on tolerate.It seems like yet again they've taken lone of the least interesting guest characters and decided to inflict them on us full time.She adds very little to the show:she's a terrible mother and all three of her sons couldn't wait to get away from her, only for her to end up following them down.Ironically her relationship with John is the one thing I find interesting about her because it's the only time she actually seems like a person rather than a block of wood that drifts through the scene criticising everyone.

I don't think it was said anywhere that we were promised a family. Gina came to support her brother after the death of his son, and i actually thought she was introduced quite well. I like the relationship between them and think it's done realistically. It's nice they have some proper family stories that she is involved in, perhaps it's boring becasue it's not all high drama but soaps need charatcers like that. I like she's not been flung in at the deep end, i feel we are getting to know her slowly and i think that's a good thing.

No one is perfect i like that Gina's faults are being shown. John is not the nicest guy but we can't help who we fall for, and i actually think that makes her all the more interesting.

yes, on the official website they announced a year ago that a new family was coming to the bay!

But that didn't have anything to do with Gina, so i don't know where you're going with that.

The new family, i assume was the Walkers.

Absoulutely not!!!! It was in early January 2009 and the walkers didn't appear before July 2009 (started filming about 3 months earlier -in April- as usual I suppose)!!! And they had an interview with Gina/Sonia Todd and Bernard Curry. They also did a presentation of the characters... <_< So its not strange at all that I think it's weird that she didn't became a regular before 9 months later! Yeah, I like family storylines, but they have to be consistent like other storylines. And I was actually dissapointed that Gina didn't become a regular before late in the year, yes it is realistic when she has a lot of fault but not this way first she was portrayed like a hard working mother but the way she has been in and out has being proving the oppostite. She isn't strong enough in her parenting role for me (Like Beth was and Shelley were).

Sorry i didn't realise the interview was that early.

I never said it was strange or anything like that either, sorry i don't know what you mean by that.

I agree it was a little silly how they kept bringing her in and out, but i did like her from the beginning and like her relationship with Tony.

Archived