Controversial Home & Away Changing

Guest Mishyy

It does sound as if the show will be less slanted toward the "bright lights and loud bangs" and I'm all in favour of that. It does seem that at times in recent years the writers have been unwilling or unable to write "ordinary" storylines in an interesting way. How long is it since we saw a married couple who went through a sustained period of time without their being a threatened break up, a secret lover or a mysterious child from their past etc.? I long for the days of Pippa coping with the vagaries of reasonably normal teens growing up, Alf interracting with those same teen around the surf club and the strict but inwardly rather soft hearted and concerned principalship of Fisher.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the odd explosion or "who will survive" storyline but they shouldn't be what the show is based around....or seem like a cheap ratings grab.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they don't panic if they lose ratings at first. It sounds like they're going to be focusing on quality storylines, and it can take a while for people to become invested in those, rather than just tuning to see who's life is going to be in peril next. I think most of us have had enough of life and death "drama" for a while. It's nice to have those moments sprinkled throughout the year, but not every other week like it has been for a long time. I really hope they pull this off. Like Lynd, I haven't felt properly obsessive about H&A since 2004/2005. Sure it doesn't help that most of my favourites have left since then, but they were all there in 2006, and I wouldn't include that year in my highlights.

With

Geoff and Aden

on the way out, it'll be interesting to see if they can keep my... interest. I think this decision is a good step, so I'd like to think I'll be supportive of it. Of course, they'll need good characters to back it up with, so I hope to see some of those coming in in the future.

Bringing a more family orienteered is a positive step for H&A but the mystery storyline wasn't a bad move it was just a move that now the producers now realise that it wasnt the best way to take the show. I definitely want more comedy but I dont want it to sudden change; it should be a gradual change. I have been a loyal H&A fan for 5 years and despite the exit of my favourite characters [belle, Roman, Jack etc] I still watch because something drew me in but the mystery storyline has turned me off and I hope the new change is good enough to warrant me to keep on watching! :D

^ Not a comedy, it sounds like they are drawing back to the more original format of the show, good character driven storylines, community spirit, drama and emotion mixed with heartwarming scenes and humor, instead of it being really serious and about cops and robbers all the time...that's my take on the article, and hope for the show anyway!

Um...I am confused....sorry if my question sounds dumb and confusing for you, guys.

Is H&A turning into a comedy TV show instead of a drama one?? :unsure:

Sorry about my question...because I can't make sense of the article, that's all.

Well, thats my biggest fear and it may happen. Because the producers have heard all the complaints about the serious storylines... and "everybody" talks about how much they want more humour on the show, begging characters like Robertson to return etc... All they want is of course to have high ratings and all the complaints and falling ratings (have they really been that bad in Aus??) can lead them to go too far. Like the stalker storyline and storylines with crime and over-the-top drama lead for a while to higher ratings (I have read about that) in Aus, and they went too far in that direction (this year is a good example). Funny lines and everyday storylines between the heavier ones is what the show should have. I would have liked if they cut all the stalker storylines, robberies, maniacs etc, but its not wrong too have serious storylines if they are realistic and explored enough and have a good ending.

If the producers are turning H&A into a comedy TV show instead of a drama one, I may seriously consider stop watching H&A. I am sorry about this, guys. It's just that I am not happy about this-it's only a opnion of mine from a unhappy fan of H&A. <_<

Maybe Dan F can confirm it will not turn into a comedy TV-that should make me feel happy, that's all. :)

If the producers are turning H&A into a comedy TV show instead of a drama one, I may seriously consider stop watching H&A. I am sorry about this, guys. It's just that I am not happy about this-it's only a opnion of mine from a unhappy fan of H&A. <_<

Maybe Dan F can confirm it will not turn into a comedy TV-that should make me feel happy, that's all. :)

I don't think there is any suggestion that the show will be turning into a comedy. I think they will just be readjusting the balance of the show to include more light hearted moments alongside the more serious aspects of the show.

Archived