Stormy Nights

Guest yaz88

Its a miracle! An update wooo!!! :D

Right first I'll start off with an apology, sorry it's been so long :ph34r: i just kinda lost inspiration a bit and had a complete block on this chapter for a while, i knew what I wanted to happen just i couldn't write it lol.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Carina who's stuck with this from the beginning and i sorry i kept you waiting so long :unsure:

Right, since its been ages I'll give you a quick recap

Aden's grandfather is alive and after Belle was hit by a car Aden saw him at the hospital and ended up collasping, his grandfather then came to visit him in his hospital room and was eventually taken away by police - he is now in prison. Because of this it has brought all the memories from his childhood back to surface and he is suffering from nightmares and panic attacks. This chapter starts when he has been released from hospital.

Chapter 13

Belle led Aden inside with Roman following behind having retrieved bags from the car. Aden had been released later that day once Rachel was satisfied his breathing was under control and no more panic attacks had emerged.

“You okay babe?” Belle asked as Aden sunk down into the sofa, the day’s events obviously taken its toll as his eyelids began to droop.

“Yeah… just tired” He muttered sleepily before closing his eyes fully. Belle smiled at his sleeping form before entering the kitchen to talk to Roman,

“Why isn’t Nicole here? I haven’t seen her for a few days.” She asked.

“She’s gone to stay with her mum for a while, give you and Aden some space to recover plus she hasn’t visited her since she came to live with me.” He replied while searching the cupboards for ingredients to dinner.

“Oh,” Belle said, “What are we having for dinner then?” She asked, lost for anything else to add.

“I’m doing a chicken and thyme dish with carr…”

He never finished the sentence as terrified whimpers were emitted from the living room.

“Aden!” They both screamed at once rushing into the room to see what the matter was.

When they entered, Aden was curled up in the corner of the sofa, arms wrapped protectively around himself as he whimpered and cried out in his sleep. His face was contorted in pain and a lonely tear had snuck out from its cage, gently trickling down his cheek.

“Aden.” Roman said while placing a hand on his shoulder to calm him down; only it had the opposite effect. As soon as the contact was made Aden violently flinched away, retracting further into the sofa as his murmuring’s became louder and more understandable,

“No... no… please no… go away, pleaseeee… no… I don’t- no…”

Roman looked at Belle worriedly, it seemed the encounter with his grandfather had affected Aden greatly and it would take a long time to heal from that.

Belle moved slowly towards Aden and placed a hand on his shoulder, keeping it there even when he recoiled away from it.

“Shh… shhh… babe it’s alright, he’s not here it’s just me and you and Roman, come on, wake up, shhh…” She gently murmured, relieved when Aden seemed to relax slightly and his muttering’s died down slightly.

“That’s it, you’re safe here, he can’t get you, he can never get to you again, shhh… you’re safe baby.” She continued while soothingly rubbing his shoulder. It seemed to have worked as his body relaxed and his eyelids started twitching as he slowly returned to the real world. Aden sat up sleepily, bags under his eyes a reminder of the restless nights, and looked up at Roman and Belle.

“You alright mate?” Roman asked relieved the nightmare had ended.

“Yeah… I think so” Aden replied running his hand through his hair and sighing deeply.

---

“Aden, I think you should go see a counsellor.” Belle sprung on him a few days later, his nightmares had got progressively worse and he got not more than four hours sleep a night, heavy bags had formed under his eyes which held the pain and terror of his dreams in them.

Aden spun round from where he was standing to glare at Belle, anger bubbling in his face.

“What?! You think I’m some weak mongrel that needs help, I don’t! I’m dealing with it Belle, I don’t need some stupid shrink!” He shouted at her before stomping up the stairs.

“I was only trying to help, I tried my best but you need professional help, why can’t you admit it.” Belle whispered to herself as a door slammed upstairs.

---

His hands snaked everywhere; I shrunk back into the mattress trying to get as far away as possible, confusion and terror sweeping through me as this monster advanced upon my eight year old self. He whispered supposedly comforting words in my ear that only made this nightmare worse, I couldn’t escape, I tried I really did, I kicked and I scratched, I bit and I screamed but it was no use. He was too strong and my Dad didn’t care, he must have heard he was in the room next door, but no; no one came to comfort young Aden, Sean was in prison, Justin had long since run away, Dad couldn’t care less so I was left with only one person. The one who messed with my emotions, made me feel the guilt of my mother’s death, violated my young body. But he was right it is my fault Mom died and I should pay no matter how much it hurts or how much it terrifies me. I deserve this.

Belle awoke to the sound of heavy breathing and looked over to see Aden tossing and turning in bed, sweat dripping down his forehead while his hands balled together so tightly Belle was ure he was cutting into the palm of his hand.

“I deserve this… I deserve this… I deserve this...”

Belle’s heart broke when she heard those words, he didn’t deserve it, no one did but still he held on to all the guilt and the shame. He needed help because until he let go even just slightly he could never recover.

---

Roman walked into the living room carrying dinner.

“Here you go guys, you deserve it after helping me with the kitchen earlier.” He said before placing the plates on the table in front of them and heading back into the kitchen to grab his own. Belle picked up her plate immediately and started on the gorgeous roast dinner Roman had cooked for them but Aden didn’t move, just sat there in stony silence staring straight ahead.

“Aden?” Belle asked in between mouthfuls. “Come on babe, eat something.” She got no response.

“You deserve this you know. It’s all your fault, you killed her and now you have to pay, you deserve this. You deserve thi…”

Aden broke his silence as the panic rose within him, he clutched the arm of the sofa tightly while his breaths came short and fast, his eyes never moved though locked straight ahead, lost in forbidden memories of the past.

“Aden?” Belle put down her dinner and turned to his panicking form just as Roman re-entered the living room. He stood there shocked in the doorway, wondering what on earth could have set him off like that.

“It’s okay… It’s okay…. Shhh…” She reassured Aden, rubbing his back. “What happened Aden?” She asked, a concerned tone to her voice.

“I… I d-deserve it-t” He whispered between panicked breaths, it so quiet Belle hardly heard him. That nightmare the other night, he said that then, this guilt, it’s eating him up and there’s nothing I can do…

“No, no Aden, it’s not your fault, nothing’s your fault, you didn’t deserve any of it, you’ve done nothing wrong.”

For a split second Aden recovered, his eyes switched from the past to Belle taking in her words and for once she could see some relief perhaps even happiness shining in his eyes, but then just like that it was gone, his eyes turned back to terror filled stone, glazing over as he remembered, his body still locked in the panic.

---

Belle sat on her bed alone; Aden was at the diner with Roman.

I don’t know if I can take this anymore, all these panic attacks and nightmares, I know he needs me but I’m drained, he’s suffering and it kills me.

Another doubt was also forming on her mind,

Does he even love me anymore, I‘m not sure, it doesn’t seem like it and to be honest why would he?

I love him but…

I don’t know if I can cope with this much longer…

Next chapter

What does Belle decide?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Carina :D and ummmm... i cant guarantee everything you wrote... :unsure: sorry, theres still some twists to come :ph34r:

Weheyyy look at me updating after a week :D aha

Bit of a shorter update but it needs to be otherwise i would have just been repeating the previous chapter with the nighmares and panic attacks etc...

after the chapter the action kinda explodes, you'll see why at the end, anyway hope you all enjoy it :)

Chapter 14

Uhhhh… what now? Belle turned over in bed to see Aden’s shivering form as he battled his demons in sleep, another nightmare… I feel so sorry for having to go through all this, but I just don’t know if I can take much more of this, I’m worn out every single day – the lack of sleep is getting to me. And the hours… the endless hours of supporting Aden, reassuring him, comforting him – its draining, I mean really draining, it’s sucking the life out of me and I know he needs me right now but I really don’t think I can handle this much longer, he needs help – proper help not just me and Roman but I know he won’t take it so what else can I do?

“Shhh… babe come on, you’re safe here, let go babe, shh…” Belle whispered into his ear.

---

Belle and Aden were sitting on the couch watching television when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it” Called Roman from the other room. Belle heard him and stayed seated =, her eyes focused on Aden who had stiffened almost immediately when the doorbell rang. He’s so paranoid, thinking that every little knock, every little creak is his grandfather coming to get him, he needs help – he really needs help… but he won’t listen…

“Hey Irene, nice of you to pop by, how are you doing?” Roman asked as he opened the door.

“Fine love, good to see ya, just thought I’d come round and see how all yous lot are doing”

---

That’s it, I can’t handle this anymore, all these flinches every time somebody touches him, the freezes when the door goes, the nightmares night after night after night…

I’ve gotta go for my own good, as much as I love Aden for once I have to put me first, I can’t deal with this, he needs a counsellor and I know I’ve said this thousands of times before but that’s because it’s true, he does - he just won’t accept it.

Anyway I’ve decided, I ‘m leaving tonight – I’m going to stop at Irene’s, give me some space to clear my head and catch up on sleep, I’m knackered – and I know Aden has it worse, believe me I know that but I just… I just can’t handle this anymore…

---

Belle had hoped to leave without a fuss, she had packed her things earlier in the day when everyone was out and was going to sneak out the house quietly while Roman was busy making dinner and Aden was in the shower. She had her hand out the handle of the front door when a voice stopped her in her tracks.

“Belle, what are you doing?” Came a tired voice from the top of the stairs. She turned to see Aden standing there, wrapped in only a towel having freshly exited the shower. She stood for a moment to admire him, his perfectly toned stomach and bulging muscles in his arms, knowing that it may well be the last time she could do such a thing, before looking up into his eyes and replying.

“I’m leaving Aden.”

There. That’s it. That one simple sentence. And it brought Aden’s world crashing down around him. He stood there frozen to the spot as his brain tried to process what she had just told him.

What? No… no… she wa- no… but- how… I don’t underst- no…

His words came out pretty much the same,

“You… how- , what… tell me you’re jo- no… rea- pleas… god…” He ran a hand through his wet hair before finally choking out,

“You’re-e l-leaving…?”

Belle kept eye contact with him and nodded slowly. Once. And then she saw it. All of the anguish and heartbreak and betrayal that shined in his troubled eyes. She mentally cringed, feeling terrible for adding to his list of problems; but, to her, there was no other way.

---

One nod. That was all it took. What was left of Aden’s world, that last thread of hope he had been so desperately clinging onto, snapped. And then he was truly alone, swimming in a field of blackness. Haunted dreams and memories dragging him deeper, and this time there was no light at the end. Nobody to pull him free. No Belle to save him.

---

Belle took one last look at his tortured expression before turning and walking out the door, walking out of the house, walking out of his life…

…Forever?

Next chapter

How does Aden react?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the gap between updates :ph34r: but tonight I felt like writing so write I did :D and i finished the chapter off so here it is :)

Chapter 15

No… she can’t be- no… just- No. No. No. No. No. it can’t - …can it? No. Please no. No. No. No. I sighed. Yes. She really was… I had to accept that, didn’t mean I had to like it though.

I was still swimming round in the darkness, I had no idea to escape, my saviour wasn’t here anymore so I just floated, let myself drift away into darkness, just waited until it faded, if it faded. Because I had no idea, I had absolutely no idea how to surface from this so I did nothing, just drifted… away… further… further…

---

Roman heard the door slam and exited the kitchen to find an empty living room, he looked up at the stairs and was shocked to see Aden frozen at the top, his once lively eyes turned stone black – hard and still, like the rest of his body. There was no emotion in him, no movement, no nothing, he just stood there like a statue and Roman knew his mind was trapped somewhere else.

Belle had gone, it was the only conclusion, Aden was acting strange, he couldn’t hear anyone else and the door had slammed, Belle was the only other one in the house while Nicole was away, and since Aden was frozen Roman assumed Belle had left for good.

He felt anger grow in him now, how could she? She knew the problems Aden was having at the moment and she just left?!?? I understand it must have been hard on her, hell it was on all of us but you didn’t see me legging it out the door. Okay so Belle had to deal with Aden more than I did but Aden was definitely worse off and although he pushed her away whenever the counsellor was brought up he tried, he really tried to stop himself, to let her in to what he was feeling and it was a big step for him, I know he doesn’t feel comfortable letting people in but he did, for Belle, because he loves her and what does he get in return?? She left; she just left, leaving him standing there. She hurt him; I can see it and I don’t know if I can forgive her for that…

Roman was pulled out his thoughts as he heard the front door bang open, he looked up expectantly waiting for Belle to walk through. He was surprised when instead Nicole did.

“Hi Dad!” she squealed, running up to him and giving him a hug, dropping her bags in the process. Roman hugged her back letting out a sigh of relief that his daughter was finally home and also that it wasn’t Belle who had walked through the door. He wasn’t sure how he would have reacted if that had been the case.

Roman released Nicole from the hug and she stepped back, in doing so saw Aden standing at the top of the stairs motionless, one hand gripping the banister, knuckles turning white. She turned back to Roman,

“What’s happened? Why’s Aden like that?” Nicole asked, a tinge of fear lining her voice.

“Belle left.” He sighed, “I don’t know why, I guess she just couldn’t cope, he’s been like that ever since.” Roman motioned towards Aden. “He’s not responding, he’s not focused on the present at the moment, I hope he comes back soon, it’s beginning to worry me.” He sighed again.

“WHAT??!!!” Nicole shrieked. “Belle left him?? Why?? How? Wha- how could she do that??!!”

“I don’t know Nic, she knew how hard a time Aden’s going through, he needed – needs her support, I don’t know how he’s going to get through without her; she was his light, his saviour. We can be there for him, help him in every way but it’s just not the same. I can’t believe she left though, no matter how hard it is for her, Aden needs her and that’s all that should matter.” Roman vented, his anger at Belle finally coming out. Nicole just nodded, her face etched in anger after hearing that, her eyes burning only mellowing slightly as she looked up at Aden’s frozen form.

---

“Girly? What are you doing here?” Irene exclaimed as Belle entered the beach house, slamming the door behind her, her eyes glistening slightly.

“I-I left Aden” Belle breathed out, clutching onto the side for support.

Irene stood there speechless, “You… I… why… how… Why Belle, why?” She eventually asked.

“I’m sorry Irene, but I just couldn’t take it anymore, it was just too high maintenance, I love him but…” She trailed off, tears gradually falling down her cheeks as she struggled to keep from crying.

“Darl, come here.” Irene said softly, patting the sofa next to me. She waited until Belle had sat down before speaking again,

“Now… Tell me all about it…”

---

Blackness…

Still I was lost, no way out, no reason to even try. But slowly I could feel the numbness ebbing away, the long infinite blackness no longer calm and peaceful, pain was attacking the sides, making my heart ache and pulling my body into agony. It stabbed at me again and again, its hold unforgiving as I flinched away and cried out, only it wouldn’t let up – I was stuck here, in this once calming darkness now alive and burning with pain and misery. I needed to escape, I had no reason to, but anything was better than this hellhole, anything…---

Aden was still frozen at the top of the stairs, it had been several hours since Belle had left and while Roman had originally left Aden there, understanding he needed time and space, he was beginning to worry about his son’s welfare. Nicole was sitting on the sofa, eyes blankly watching the television, he could tell she was itching to do something, anything to help Aden; she hated this, same as he did.

He got up slowly, deciding that Aden had been left alone long enough and that if he had recovered in his own time by now it wasn’t likely he was going to. When he approached Aden at the top of the stairs he gently placed a hand on his forearm, only he wasn’t prepared for his reaction.

---

I finally found a way out; a hole in the cavern, what I didn’t expect though, was for the pain to follow me, stabbing ruthlessly at me, tearing me to shreds. I was almost free when suddenly my arm burned. It had a hold of me and wrenched me back to reality much quicker than I wanted to, and as my eyes lost the blank stare they previously held and the stairs finally returned to their rightful place, all of the agony locked away in my mind crashed over me.

The moment Roman put his hand on Aden’s arm he violently flinched, his eyes focused back on reality and for a second Roman thought he was okay. Until Aden collapsed that was. The waves of pain, misery and despair consuming him as he folded into a ball at the top of the stairs. His once empty eyes now burning bright with agony, it hurt to look at them, to see the pain he was feeling. He trembled furiously, tears cascading down his faces as his shaking hands wiped at his startling red eyes. Sobs racketed his body as he struggled to keep quiet, terrified whimpers and screams bursting forth from him. Belle’s exit had left Aden distraught, alone. He struggled for the surface, for a road to recovery… for a reason to survive. And then, not for the first time that day, Aden let the darkness consume him…

Next Chapter -

Tragedy strikes

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the gap between updates :/ i know im terrible at it but it is half term this week so you might get another couple of updates - won't that be amazing :lol:

Here's the next chapter - warning its quite dark :ph34r:

Chapter 16

The once peaceful darkness had gone, as soon as I entered the abyss agony ripped through me, my heart felt like it was being torn apart – literally. My eyes burned from their sockets, horrified pain filled screams emitted from my mouth, terrifying me. It seemed that the feelings I was experiencing while awake had returned with a vengeance while asleep – emotions turned into pain, it would be a long and agonizing night.

---

“Aden?” Roman’s concerned voice echoed through the hallway. He mumbled a response back not caring whether he heard him or not, then turned over to attempt to go back to sleep – it was painful, intensely so but at least then he felt alive, that he actually felt something unlike now as the numbness had totally consumed him, unable to feel, unable to think straight.

“Aden?!” he heard again, louder this time. Aden let out a defeated groan and dragged himself out of bed and stumbled down the stairs to the kitchen where breakfast was waiting.

---

Nicole was here? When did she get back? Uhh. Must have been yesterday – I was quite out of it.

Upon seeing Aden, Nicole let out a squeal, happy to see he was awake and responsive unlike last night, and practically bowled him over in attempt to hug.

Aden returned the hug, smiling slightly before seating himself at the table and mindlessly eating the cereal placed before him.

Is there any point? My love is gone? My sole reason for attempting to stay above the dangerous waters that I could so easily slip under, why shouldn’t I? She left me and is she left me what does that show? That I’m a useless broken charity case that no one even wants to get near. Everyone would be better off if I wasn’t around. I’m a nuisance, a pest and everyone hates those.

---

“Belle?” Irene called, peeking her head around the bedroom door. “You okay darl?”

Belle slowly lifted her head up and nodded slowly showing Irene her tear-stained cheeks. At this, Irene went over to the bed and pulled Belle into a hug.

“Oh darl, you really do love him, don’t you?”

Belle meekly nodded, fresh tears sliding down her face.

“Do you regret leaving him love? I’ve never seen you so upset.” Irene asked.

“Y-yeah, I love him to bits Irene – it was j-just so hard, but now I wonder what this will have done to him…” Belle quietly replied.

“Oh love, I know it’s hard, just get your head around it first and see where to go from there, and as for Aden he’s got Roman and Nicole – they’ll make sure he’s alright.”

---

“I’m going for a walk, I need to clear my head; I’ll be back later okay?” Aden stated as he walked past Roman and Nicole on the sofa to the door.

“Wait…” Roman shouted after him, but it was too late as the only reply was the door slamming shut once again.

Aden wondered down the costal path, deep in thought, he just needed to get away for a while – it was overbearing in the house, the constant feeling of being watched, to see if he slipped up, had a breakdown, they were ready to spring into action at the slightest notice. He sighed, his head was so messed up – Belle had left him and that left him without a purpose – he needed her, she was his life ring, without her it was just so easy to give in to the darkness.

---

Should I have left him? Was it really worth it? It seemed so hard to cope with at the time, but I could have got through it – Aden was coping with it and he had it so much harder than me, I wasn’t experiencing terrifying nightmares every minute of sleep was I? And now that I’ve left, Aden’s going to be falling apart – if he does anything stupid it’ll be all my fault. I’m so stupid…

Belle sighed and got up from the sofa, where she had been mourning in self pity, to prepare some lunch. She was really regretting leaving Aden, it was without a doubt the single most stupid decision of her life, but she couldn’t take it back now.

---

Aden was still turning over thoughts in his head, dwelling on them – it was getting on in the afternoon and he knew Roman would be expecting him back soon but he just couldn’t bring himself to face them just yet, he needed more time. As he had been walking along the costal path Aden came across Jump Rock, it had a nice little hollow hidden at the side – perfect to hide in and have some time alone from the world. Aden was debating whether to stay there or begin to head back when he felt a splash of water on his face – it had started to rain. Within seconds it was pelting it down and Aden was getting soaked, he could hardly see the path in front of him the rain was that heavy – that decided it for him. He crawled up into the little hollow, allowing him to think about the past couple for days while he waited for the rain to subside.

---

Great, rain. I’m gonna be here for a long time I guess, it’s not showing any signs of letting up. Roman’s going to be so worried… Is he really? Some other part of me asked. Does he really care about you? Or did he just take you in – the charity case – to make himself look good; caring resident takes in troubled schoolboy – looks good doesn’t it? He doesn’t really care does he, I believed it – he didn’t care – I mean why should he I’m just a worthless rat, why would anyone want to know me? I cause trouble, I mean look at Belle – things got so bad she ran away. What a worthless scumbag I am, I didn’t deserve anyone to care about me, I didn’t deserve to even walk on the shores of this world. A lowlife like me? Why I didn’t even deserve to exist.

---

It was still raining heavily but Aden exited the little hollow, getting more drenched by the second but he didn’t care. He had a determined look etched on his face, his eyes burning with agony, despair and self-hatred. Slowly he walked up to the top of Jump Rock, and cautiously peered over the edge. He gulped and trembled slightly, memories of the night he nearly died in the storm returning to him. Images of him drowning, stranded below the surface unable to break free swarming through his mind – but maybe that was what he wanted – to be unable to escape, sinking slowly into the endless darkness – at least then he would be free.

He slowly took a step forward until he stood on the edge of the cliff looking down onto the waves crashing over the rocks below. Emotions flickered across his face – fear, pain, worry, confusion, despair and relief, relief that it would finally be all over.

The rain continued to pelt down, getting heavier by the minute, the skies were darkening and far off thunder echoed through the skies.

He jumped.

Next Chapter

Does anyone find Aden?

Archived