Stormy Nights

Guest yaz88

Happy Easter everyone :D (for tomorrow) and as a special Easter treat , this update is extra long :D 5 1/2 pages on word instead of the usual 2, i dunno why it ended up like that it just did :D, hope you enjoy it :) and thanks for the comments Carina, much appreciated :)

Chapter 11

Peace… finally. He was floating along the surface, his body and mind calm and relaxed. Finally rid of all the horrific memories, he wished he could stay here forever; but he knew that wouldn’t be the case, he’d have to go back sometime, he would have to deal with everything and as much as that thought scared him, he knew he didn’t have a choice…

“Aden?! Aden? mate can you hear me?” Roman shouted as the panic threatening to break out from within him slowly seeped into his voice. What had happened? He was fine one minute then all of a sudden he had just collapsed.

“He’s not breathing!” Rachel announced as she leaned close to his face to check his vitals. “Can we have some help here?! Get him into recess!! Now!”

The waiting area became a bustle of panic and confusion as doctors and nurses rushed to Aden’s aid. They got him loaded onto a trolley and wheeled him swiftly into recess.

“Right! Get him on 100% oxygen and give him 10ml of saline.” Rachel commanded as she checked his heart rate and blood pressure, they were alright for now, he was still with us…

----

“Uhhh…” She opened her eyes slowly, her entire body was aching and she wondered where she was until all the memories came flooding back. The car racing towards her, she being powerless to move until it knocked her into the hard tarmac surface. That was the last things she remembered, she looked around seeing white-wash walls and beeping machinery, I must be in hospital, God! Aden must be so worried.

“Belle? Belle?” A voice called from the side of her bed. She turned to see Irene sitting there, her forehead creased with worry. “You okay, darl?

“Y-yeah…” Belle croaked out, her throat dry and hoarse. Irene smiled sympathetically before reaching over to the table and pouring a cup of water for her. She handed it Belle, who reached up to take it with a shaky hand and sipped it slowly, relishing the cool, refreshing feeling it gave her as it slid down her throat.

“God darl, I was so worried about you when the hospital called, thank goodness it’s only a few cuts and bruises, when they said you’d been hit by a car, I thought the worst, it’s such a relief your okay.” Irene smiled at her, relief shining in her eyes replacing the previous worry that had been there as she was waiting for Belle to wake up.

Belle smiled back, but a hint of confusion was on her face as she looked around the room for something, someone…

“Where’s Aden?” She asked.

“I dunno darl,” Irene replied, “I was wondering that too, usually he’d be the first to get here.” Seeing Belle’s worried and confused face she hastily added on the end, “I’m sure he’s fine girly, he probably got caught up in traffic or something.”

“Yeah… probably…”

----

I loved it here, the peace and serenity of it all, but now, as it slowly faded it front of my eyes I knew it was time, time to go back and face my demons, face the horrors that awaited me, I didn’t want to, I wanted to hide away forever, to stay in this peaceful little place and never set foot among the terrifying memories and nightmares that haunted me so, but as the last little bit of that peace faded away leaving me to wake up to a cold, dark world, I knew it wasn’t my time.

“Aden?!” Rachel called as she saw his eyelids flutter slightly, “Aden, can you hear me?” She repeated Roman’s words from earlier hoping to get a response this time.

“Uhhh...” A faint mumble could be heard through the oxygen mask and Rachel grinned as Aden opened his eyes and looked up at her confusedly.

“How’d I get here?” Aden asked, removing his mask to speak, although his lungs burned the second his oxygen levels were lowered, he quickly replaced it, waiting for Rachel to answer.

“I don’t know Aden,” She stated, confused. “I was hoping you could tell us. You just collapsed on us, you stopped breathing which was rather worrying considering you already damaged lungs; it certainly hasn’t helped your recovery of them. Do you know why it happened?”

Aden shook his head as he racked his brains trying to remember, he didn’t take the mask off again, just relied on actions, the feeling of his lungs burning wasn’t something he really wanted to feel again.

“Okay,” Rachel nodded, “I think with the shock of it all, your brain doesn’t want to deal with it just yet; it should come back in time though, let me know if you remember anything, I’ll send Roman in, okay?”

Aden nodded still trying to remember what would have made him collapse like that and end up lying here on a hospital bed.

----

Rachel walked into Belle’s room to check on how she was doing and see if she was awake yet. She opened the door and was surprised to see Belle sitting up in bed, a dejected look on her face with Irene next to her, comforting and reassuring her.

“Hello Belle, how are you feeling?” She asked concerned, wondering if she was in any pain.

“I-I’m fine.” She replied, barely meeting Rachel’s gaze.

“You’re not in pain anywhere?...”

“No-o…” Belle stifled a sob, she was in pain, only none of it was physical, how could Aden leave her like this, didn’t he care at all, and she had thought they had worked through their problems and were now a firm, strong couple in which nothing could get in the way of.

Rachel nodded, glad that her injuries seemed to be only superficial and that they should heal quickly, allowing her to leave the hospital soon.

“Belle, are you okay?” She asked softly.

“No! Why would I be?” Belle almost shouted, her anger at Aden seeping through, “Aden doesn’t care that I’m in here, or he’d be here wouldn’t he? Nice to know how much I mean to him!”

Rachel’s mouth dropped open, she didn’t know, no one had told her.

“Belle…”

“No! Don’t go making excuses for him; I got hit by a car and he can’t be bothered to even visit! Fine! I don’t care anymore!” She interrupted, tears leaking out of the corner of her eyes, she did care but at the moment she was just so angry at him, and she wasn’t sure she could forgive him.

“Belle just listen.” Rachel sighed. When Belle lifted her head to glare at her, she continued, “Please…”

Belle nodded reluctantly, she might as well here what excuses Rachel was about to make up for him, not that it would make any difference at all.

“Look, Aden would never leave you here like this without good reason you know that.” Belle just kept glaring, “As soon as he got the call he came, he was hysterical when he got here Belle, he couldn’t stand the thought that you’d been hurt…”

“What?!!! He was here then he just left! Great.” She muttered sarcastically, “It’s just keeps getting better, heard I was okay then just left did he, couldn’t be bothered to stick around eh? , I’m not worth the effort, he had more important things to be doing did he? Like hanging out with little princess Nicole, I bet she enjoyed his company.” It was low and she knew it, but she was jealous, she was jealous he had such a good relationship with Nicole and was scared that one day she’d take Aden away from her; she wouldn’t be surprised if that was where he was anyway.

Rachel looked at her sternly,

“Belle! Will you just hear me out before you start judging anybody?” Looking at the furious glare in Rachel’s eyes made Belle mellow out a bit and she calmed down, nodding for her to carry on. “Like I said Aden rushed here looking for you, but when I was talking to him just before I was about to bring him down here, he stared off down the hallway at something then all of a sudden he freaked out and collapsed, he wasn’t breathing Belle.” She was still annoyed at Belle for slagging Aden off when he cared about her so much and was worried about her, it wasn’t his fault that he’d ended up in hospital instead of just visiting; but Belle, being so stubborn hadn’t even given anyone a chance to explain. Her expression softened when her words had registered in Belle’s brain and shock filled her face while guilt burned bright in her eyes. She was about to speak but Rachel interrupted her and carried on with what she was saying,

“He’s alright now though his breathing is rather painful without extra oxygen, we don’t know what caused it and Aden doesn’t seem to be able to remember, though we hope that his memory should come back soon. Does that answer your questions?”

Belle nodded tears in her eyes as she finally realised why Aden wasn’t sitting next to her holding her hand, how could she have been so selfish, she had thrown all these accusations at him when all along he’d had been worried about her, he had come as soon as possible only he was now stuck in a hospital bed as well.

Belle gulped, feeling rather guilty; “Can I go see him?” she asked.

----

“You feeling okay mate?” Roman asked as Aden laid his head back against the pillow, an arm flung over his face, confusion etched into it.

Aden sighed and sat up slightly removing his arm from his face and instead pulling the oxygen mask off so he could talk.

“Yeah… sorta… not really…” He confessed, “I’ve thought and thought, but I dunno why I collapsed, it’s been bugging me and it’s just so annoying *sigh* why can’t I remember anything!” He flung his head backwards in frustration and let out a deep breath, which he immediately regretted as a burning pain spread through his lugs, he hastily replaced his mask and visibly relaxed as the oxygen soothed his pained lungs.

Roman looked at the young lad in front of him sympathetically, he’d once had temporary memory loss himself when he was younger and he understood how frustrating it could be.

“Just relax Aden, it’ll come back to you in time,” Although inside, he wanted to know what had set Aden off just as much as the lad did himself. “So, since we came here for Belle…”

He never finished the sentence as Aden sat bolt upright, Roman’s word’s triggering something in him; suddenly it was all coming back.

“Belle?” He breathed frantically, almost ripping the oxygen mask off in his hurry to ask roman, “I-Is she okay?” His breathing was laboured and Roman was worried he was about to hyperventilate, he made Aden sit back and replace the mask before replying, slightly happier when his breathing pattern returned to normal.

“Yeah mate, don’t worry; just a few cuts and grazes, she’ll be fine, it’s you I’m worried about, when you collapsed, you looked like you’d seen a ghost.”

The relief flooding through Aden when he heard Belle was okay was torn to shreds when he heard Roman say the last part. Seen a ghost. His breathing quickened even with the extra oxygen as the memories he had been searching for flooded his mind almost to quickly for him to comprehend, seen a ghost, It was Roman’s words that had triggered his memory because that was what he had felt like, seeing a ghost, and he couldn’t believe it had happened, couldn’t believe that it was all real; but here he was lying in hospital with dreaded memories coming back to him, so something must have happened. As that terrifying moment when he had seen it replayed itself he felt like had then, his chest was tight and constricting and fear gripped his mind. He breathed out strangled rasped gasps as he struggled to regain any sort of normal composure.

Roman watched on worriedly as a battle of Aden’s emotions seemed to be taking place, it was obvious that he had got at least part of his memory back and whatever it was; it was causing some disturbing effects. His worry reached a peak when Aden started hyperventilating and there was nothing he could do since Aden still had the oxygen mask on, instead he stood up and rushed to door.

“RACHEL!!” he screamed, hoping that wherever she was she could hear him, he got strange looks off the other patients and even off some of the staff but he didn’t care, all he cared about was Aden.

----

She heard Roman’s urgent scream and knew something must have happened to Aden for him to react like that; she took off down the hallway towards recess with a worried Belle and Irene in tow.

She got there to find a pale, distressed Aden hyperventilating in to the oxygen mask although it didn’t seem like he was actually taking in any oxygen; his gasps were still ragged and laboured. Roman stood next to him, gently rubbing his back hoping to relieve some of the tension, concern flashing in his eyes as he watched Aden struggle to breathe.

She didn’t know what had set Aden off for him to react as violently as this, but now wasn’t the time or questions, that would come later, first she had to find some way to slow down his breathing. She went over to one of the machines and turned the oxygen back up to 100%, it had be turned down after Aden had regained consciousness, she hoped that the extra oxygen would help calm him down and allow easier breathing, his lungs were already damaged, this extra strain on them for the second time that day would do him no favours at all.

Rachel looked back over at Aden and was relieved to see his breathing sound less harsh, it was still a little ragged but was slowly getting better; the panicked look on his face had diminished as well once he had found that he could get some air into his aching lungs. Belle was sat on the bed, holding his hand, a look of care and adoration is her eyes although they still held the guilt from earlier. Irene was sat in the chair next to bed, with Roman on the other side, gently reassuring Aden.

She went over and stood at the end of the bed before addressing Aden,

“Something must have put you in that state, so I’m assuming you remembered what happened?” She asked cautiously, not wanting to panic Aden further.

Aden shook his head, not trusting his voice just yet, he had remembered, he knew why he had collapsed, but he didn’t want to relive it, anyway they wouldn’t believe him, he hardly believed it himself, he wouldn’t have if he hadn’t seen it himself.

Rachel didn’t believe him, something had happened but whatever it was Aden wasn’t going to let up about it anytime soon.

“Right, okay, I’ll leave you four alone then, I’ll be back later to check on you Aden, and Belle you should be able to be discharged tomorrow morning,” She said before exiting the room leaving the occupants to talk.

----

“You didn’t think you could escape, did you?” A menacing laughed pierced his thoughts causing him to shrink back in terror, if there was one thing he had been scared of in his life, it was that voice, the one that haunted his dreams, that scarred his memories, that controlled his life.

“Aden? Answer me boy!” The voice demanded and then he ran, he ran faster than ever before, he ran as if his life depended on it but still it wasn’t enough.

“Don’t try to run, you know I’ll catch you, and don’t try to hide either, I’ll find you and when I do…”

He never heard the end of that threat as he bolted upright in the hospital bed, gasping he reached for the oxygen mask next to him and took a few deep breaths. Slowly he looked around and realised he was all alone, Belle had gone back to her room and Roman and Irene had gone home and even though he knew they would be back in the morning he had never felt more isolated and alone than he felt in that moment.

He sat shivering on the cold mattress, his bed covers loosely wrapped around him; he’d tried to go back to sleep but the memory of the nightmare was still fresh in his mind and with that there, he had no chance of getting any more sleep that night, so instead he just sat and thought, wondering if he did really see it earlier or if he was just hallucinating. He was deep in thought when suddenly a shadow appeared it the doorway, he looked up expecting it to be one of the nurses come to check up on him but was horrified by the sight that met his eyes, his heart rate rocketed and his breathing quickened to the point of hyperventilation as he let out a strangled whisper,

“No, not you, it can’t be you…”

Next Chapter

Who is it?

Xx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments =)

Nope Carina, I dont think I do wanna tell you :P You'll just have to wait and see mwahhaaa...

Nahh, Aden doesn't seem to be having much luck does he :( but unfortunatley it's only going to get worse starting with the shadow in the doorway :P

yeah, well it's Belle :lol:

Hey honeychild, nice to have new readers/commenters on here :)

Glad you enjoyed it and Hapy Easter to you to, I hope to have the next update up within the next few days =)

Xx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I know it's a week later than I meant it to be, but Harry Potter fanficiton is just sooo addicting lol, i didnt have any time to write it :lol:

It's a bit shorter than usual, and I'm not to sure about the second part but I thought I might as well get an update out :)

Hope you all like it,

Chapter 12

“Wha… wh.. ho… w…” Aden stuttered, completely stunned. This wasn’t happening, how could it be happening? It wasn’t possible.

“Speak up Aden, I can’t hear you.” The voice is the doorway drawled. Aden shivered, the cold menace in it ripping through him.

“Ho….bu… but… y-your… d-ead-d??” Aden stammered, pure undiluted fear shining in his stormy eyes. He had died three years ago, I was 15 and it was one of the happiest days of my life, finally after 7 years of torment, finally it was all over. I wept of course, seven years of pent up emotions came flooding out only everyone thought I was grieving for him for that monster, I let them believe that, never revealing to anyone what had actually happened. But my tears were tears of relief, at last, after seven long years I was free and now… now I was catapulted back in time, to that dark era of pain and fear, I thought it was all over, but I now I see that it’s only got worse…

“Dead? Dead Aden? How could I be dead? You haven’t paid for what you did yet, I couldn’t die before that could I?” The shadow smirked, a malicious glint in his cold, stone eyes that sent shudders through a terrified Aden. The boy sat frozen in fear, eyes locked onto the shadow,

“Bu….but I-I, y-you… w-we b-burie-ed … f-funeral-l” His eyes were wide in terror, disbelief, confusion and denial evident in his face.

“No, you silly boy.” The shadow laughed, “I never died; well that’s rather obvious, but the authorities were beginning to suspect something, you boys were running wild and it seemed that you were going to be taken away from me, now we couldn’t have that could we, me never seeing you again, so I faked my death and took off, biding my time before seeing you again, then today all of a sudden, thee you were… perfect.”

Aden could barely begin to take it all in and process it, but as he finally got round the fact that his worst nightmare wasn’t gone forever like he had originally thought and his breathing began to quicken as the shock wore off, the shadow stepped forward into the dim light…

His grandfather…

----

His heart monitor started going wild, beeping furiously as the doctors on the night shift were alerted, one of them being Rachel. She came rushing to Aden’s room, pausing at the doorway when she saw someone else there, Aden watching them in a mad state of panic.

“SECRUITY!” She screamed out the doorway, alerting the figure to her presence, they turned and gave Rachel a glare that if looks could kill, would have had her drop dead on the spot. The man, she now saw once he had turned around, bolted on the spot and nearly got away with it as well except that two burly guards had just approached, responding to Rachel’s earlier call. They caught him at the door and though he struggled as if his life depended on it, he couldn’t overpower the two and was incapacitated until the police arrived.

“Aden?” Rachel asked, approaching his bed. His eyes were wide with fear, his breathing short, ragged and quick, sweat was dripping down his creased forehead and his hands were gripping the bed sheets so tightly Rachel thought he might rip them.

“Hey… hey, shh… calm down…” She soothed while placing an oxygen mask over his face to relieve his strangled breathing. It took a while before his breathing slowed enough for Aden to speak so Rachel just waited, gently soothing him, before she started to ask any questions.

“You alright now?” She asked, satisfied that his vitals had returned to normal, when she received a nod of the head she continued,

“Right, I’ll be back in a sec, I’m just going to call Roman, okay?” She went to leave only to be grabbed by Aden’s shaking arm, she turned back to him,

“No-o… please… d-don’t leave… me-e” He panted, the fear returning to his face. Rachel sighed; he was scared that the man, whoever he was, was going to come back.

“Aden… I’ll only be a minute, and he can’t get you here, you’re safe.” Seeming to accept her words slightly, Aden relaxed and let Rachel go though he still seemed tense and afraid. Rachel was back in no time, and Aden visibly relaxed once he saw it was her and not his grandfather.

“I’ve called Roman, him and Belle should be here soon.” Rachel told him, “Now who was that man?”

“No one…” Aden murmured, turning away slightly so he didn’t have to look Rachel in the eye.

“Aden…” She warned, “Don’t lie to me; obviously you knew him or you wouldn’t have been so afraid or reacted that violently.”

Aden shook slightly and one lone tear dripped steadily down his face,

“He w-was… my-y… m-my… grand-d…. f-father…” He stuttered just as Belle and Roman entered the room. All three of them stood there in shock at what they had just heard, each of them having been told about the abuse at some point.

“B-but… He’s d-dead…?” Belle asked, “Isn’t he?” Aden nodded, more tears having leaked from his eyes,

“I thought so…” Then finally the weight of the whole ordeal laying heavily down on him, he broke down in tears as Belle rushed to his side while Rachel left the three alone and went to find out if the police were here.

When she got outside, the police were already waiting for her, having Aden’s grandfather handcuffed in front of them. She explained who he was and what he’d done to the police and watched as they took him away. She stared after them as they left down the long corridor; tears springing to her eyes as she thought,

Life can be so unfair…

From the bit at the beginning it was probably easy to tell who it was gonna be but i still had to put the line in telling you who it was lol :lol:

Next Chapter

Belle begins to have doubts

• 2 months later...

Im sorry Carina :( i know i'm terrible at updating but I will still continue this fic, I will finish it at some point just might take me a while :lol:

Ive had exams recently and now ive got coursework and any spare time i have I dont much idea of what to write, bit of a block :/ i will reread it all at some point and start writing it again, I will try and do that at the weekend and hopefully have an update then but i wouldnt cross your fingers :lol: But dont worry im not abandoning this fic :)

Xx

Archived