Stormy Nights

Guest yaz88

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not going to kill you but i demand AN UPDATE ASAP!!!!!!

Must happen please. =)

It should, shouldn't it? :P

The only problem is I only have the very beginning bit of the chapter done and school starts again tomorrow so if i dont finish it off tonight (50/50 chance) you may have to wait a while :unsure::)

Also from now on updates will not be as regular because of school but you will still get them, I will try my best to update at least once a week and to finish this fic :)

xx

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry!!!! :(:unsure: I'm useless at updating, I know , okay so updates won't be once a week, they'll be whenever I can :)

Okay, next chapter, I promise in this one you get to find out whether Aden lives or dies :P

Chapter 5

She sat by his bedside, tears streaking down her face and forming a puddle of the floor.

“No, please, no…” She cried as they pulled her away.

“They got to take him, Belle. You have to let him go.” Irene urged.

They wheeled his motionless body out of the room and down the hall as the trio looked on…

“God!” Roman exclaimed, breaking the silence. “Nicole!!”

“What about her?” Irene asked, worried.

“I’ve haven’t told her, she doesn’t know, I’ve left her all night worrying, how could I forget?” He moaned placing his head in his hands.

“Shhhh…” Irene comforted, rubbing his back gently, “You had a lot of things on your mind, I’m sure she’ll understand but call her now, she needs to know.”

Roman nodded and set off for the exit so he could use his phone. Belle meanwhile slunk against the wall and slowly slid down it until she was on the floor where she broke down as the morning’s events caught up with her.

“He’s crashing!”

“Charging 120, clear…”

“Come on Aden!!”

“Charging180, clear…”

“1…2…3…4…”

“Inject him with 10ml of saline and morphine”

“Charging 240, clear…”

Beep…beep…beep…

He was alive, just, his lungs had collapsed and once they revived him, she had all of 2 minutes with him before he was rushed to theatre. He had to make it, he had to.

She sobbed silently into Irene’s arms as she was pulled into a hug.

“Where is he?!!!” Came a shout from down the hallway as Nicole came crashing through the doors frantically.

“Woah, woah, slow down” Roman cautioned as he pulled her into a hug, “He’s in theatre at the moment; we’ve just got to wait now.”

“Why? What happened Dad? You didn’t explain anything over the phone just that Aden’s in hospital.” She looked up at his tear stained face and a sense of dread filled her. She gulped, “Dad?...”

Roman took a deep breath then listed off all of Aden’s injuries and conditions,

“He’s got hyperthermia, has symptoms of pneumonia, a severe head injury and concussion, several broken ribs, his lungs are threatening to collapse and he just crashed, they think he has internal bleeding that’s why they rushed him into theatre.”

Nicole stood there shell-shocked, the reality and severity of the situation finally sinking in. Aden could die…

Roman looked down at his daughter who now had tears freely running down her cheeks and felt a pang in her heart, I forgot, Aden’s like a brother to her, why didn’t I tell her sooner? He inwardly groaned before turning his attention back to Nicole as she began to speak.

“Why, Dad,” She said between sobs, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Did you think I wouldn’t care? Dad, I know we argue a lot but he’s like a brother to me, how could you not tell me?” She looked up at him with red blurry eyes, disappointment and hurt etched into her tear streaked face.

Roman’s heart sank, Oh God, what am I meant to say to that? “Sorry Nic, just with everything going on I forgot, I was out of mind with worry.”

Nicole got angry at that, “Oh what, and I wasn’t? For all I knew Aden could’ve been lying dead in a ditch somewhere, at least you knew what was happening!!” She screamed at him hysterically.

“Sorry…”It was all he could say.

Suddenly Nicole burst into a new round of tears,

“No-o Dad, I-I’m sorry, I was just w-worried, I understand w-why you didn’t c-call me straight a-away, I-it’s alright.” She sobbed.

Roman, taken aback by his daughter’s sudden outburst, just pulled her to him and hugged her tighter.

Three hours later, Belle, Irene, Roman and Nicole were sitting in the waiting area worried out of their minds, when two nurses wheeled an unconscious Aden back into his room followed by a doctor.

“Hey!” Roman called getting up to face the doctor, “What’s going on, is he alright?”

Three other worried faces looked up at the doctor as he started to speak,

“The surgery was successful, he had internal bleeding and one of his ribs had punctured a lung so breathing will be hard for him for a while but it should heal just fine, he’ll have to stay on the ventilator until he wakes up but after that it should be okay just to put him on oxygen. He’s unconscious at the moment, but that’s just the after effects of the anaesthetic, it should wear off soon though. You can go in and see him now.”

The four of them all visibly relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief before entering Aden’s room and taking places around the bed.

He looks so peaceful when he’s sleeping, Belle thought moving closer so she could gently stroked his bruised cheek,

“Hey, baby, you gave us all a right scare, I’m just glad you’re all right, what would I do without you.” Then she leaned over and lightly kissed his bandaged forehead.

“Urghhh…”

Haha , I wouldn't kill Aden off this early, would I? Still there's another 25 chapters left :P

Next Chapter

Aden gets out of hospital

Will Aden tell Belle?

Thanks for the comments :)

Woop! I'm amazed I actually updated soon after the last chapter :D

This chapter's a little longer than the last but it's more of a filler, i need it for the next chapter to happen though.

Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 6

“Urghhh…”

“Aden?””Aden?” came shouts from the four surrounding the bed, owww… please don’t shout my head hurts…. Ughhh actually everything hurts. Aden opened his mouth to speak, but stopped when he realised he had a tube down his throat. What the hell? Why's that there? Ughhhh can’t breathe…

Belle leaned over Aden waiting eagerly for him to stir properly when he suddenly started choking on the ventilator,

“Oh God! Get a doctor quick!” She almost screamed. Roman stuck his head out the door and called for a doctor while Irene attempted to soothe Belle.

“Hey Girly, it’s alright, Aden’s gonna be fine, shhhhh….”

The doctor came in a few seconds later and removed the ventilator so Aden could breathe on his own without choking.

“B-bell-e” he murmured, his throat dry and hoarse, she leaned in to hear him, tenderly stroking his face while so.

“Shhh.. baby, what is it?”

“W-w-wat-ter” Aden choked. Roman reached over to the bedside table and poured a glass of water before handing it to Belle who gently helped him sip it.

Once the water was got rid of, Aden began to speak,

“B-Belle… I-I’m sorry-y” He managed to say. Belle was taken aback by this.

“What for?”

“F-for running o-off on you-u like that w-without any r-reason” Aden replied.

“Shh… don’t worry about that baby, we’ll talk later for now I just want you to get better, Oh I’m so glad your okay” She smiled reaching down to pull him softly into a hug taking care not to hurt his ribs.

---

A few days later and Aden was finally released from hospital, the hyperthermia had worn off and the pneumonia never fully developed. He still had a bandage wrapped round his head, his chest was sore and breathing was quite difficult, but apart from that he was well on the way to recovery.

They reached Roman’s house and while Roman was grabbing the bags out from the boot, Belle helped Aden out of the car and into the house. He gently lowered himself onto the sofa once he was inside, gasping slightly with the pressure it put on his ribs and lungs.

“You okay, babe?” Belle asked concerned when his face scrunched up in pain.

“Y-yeah, f-fine” Aden panted, sinking back into the cushions.

Belle stood there with a half amused, half disapproving look on her face,

“Don’t try to fool me, it’s obvious you’re in pain, so stop being stubborn and let me get you some painkillers.”

“N-no, I-it’s alr-right, I’ll g-get them” Aden moved slightly to get up only to drop back down on the sofa as a wave pain crashed through his chest, he lay there panting while Belle looked on.

“Hmm, you sure about that?” She asked before walking off into the kitchen.

“Hey! Where are you going?” He called after her just as Roman and Nicole walked through the door.

“Look who I found at the Diner” Roman smiled at Aden, indicating Nicole, “Nic came back with me straight away seems she couldn’t wait to see you.”

“Shut up, Dad” She snapped, Roman smirked. Nicole went over to Aden anyway,

“How you feeling?” She asked, “I’d give you a hug but with your condition I might just break you”

Aden growled, “Nic…”

“What?!” She exclaimed innocently, “I was only joking.”

Belle came back into the room holding a glass of water and two small pills,

“It took me forever to find these, what exactly do you keep in your cupboards?” She asked Roman.

“Well, you know…”

Belle just shook her head and sighed before kneeling on the floor next to Aden and handing him the items. He took the pills and popped them in his mouth before downing them with a gulp of water.

“Ughhh” He made a face, “That doesn’t taste nice at all.”

“It’s not meant to silly, don’t want you getting hooked on the stuff, do we?” Nicole put in.

Aden just glared at her.

“Umm… well everyone, it’s been a long day, I’m going to take Aden to bed, he needs his rest.” Belle said.

“Oooo” Nicole squealed.

“Not like that Nicole.” Belle sighed and with that helped Aden up off the sofa and towards the stairs.

---

Arriving in their bedroom, Aden immediately collapsed on the bed trying to stem the pain rushing through his lungs.

“Babe?” Belle asked, it was obvious the painkillers hadn’t kicked in just yet.

“I-I’m fine, j-just give me a m-minute.” He wheezed.

“Okay, come on let’s get into bed, it’s late and you must be tired.”

Aden just nodded sleepily while pulling the covers over himself; Belle joined him after changing into her pyjamas.

---

The sun shone through the window waking the two of them, Aden grumbled and turned over to go back to sleep forgetting how much it hurt,

“Ahhh!!” He gasped, clutching his chest in pain.

“You alright?” Belle asked now fully alert at the sound of her boyfriend’s pain.

“J-just turned, t-that’s all, f-forgot” He lay on his back now slowing bringing his breathing back down to normal.

Belle let out a small laugh and shook her head then leaned over to kiss him good morning, Aden, having got his breath back, gladly returned it but doing so brought back memories of the night of the storm, he needed to explain some things.

“Belle,” He said, breaking the kiss, “There’s something I need to tell you.”

Next Chapter

Aden explains it all to Belle

It will be quite short I think :)

Please comment :)

Awww Aden he's so stubbon saying "I'm fine..I'm fine" when clearly he's not fine and needs attention....or more medical support. But I am glad Belle's supporting him through this time and even though Aden seems to be shaking off the help from Belle, obviously he doesn't want to worry her. But I see that all Belle is doing is worrying about Aden and is trying her hardest to be there for Aden. It seems he's in a lot of pain :( The small things Belle is doing for Aden is sweet.

But I'm guessing Aden will reject that help, maybe in the coming chapter/s he'll start getting even more defensive and stubbon rejecting her help and maybe even try to push her away and hurt her. I hope he'll be okay, at least he's woken up thats the main thing.

“Umm… well everyone, it’s been a long day, I’m going to take Aden to bed, he needs his rest.” Belle said.

“Oooo” Nicole squealed.

“Not like that Nicole.” Belle sighed and with that helped Aden up off the sofa and towards the stairs.

That made me laugh, it was a nice touch to the story despite everything that's happening. I can imagine that happening on the show. Belle seems very focused and devoted to caring for Aden during this diffcult time. But hopefully he'll pull through it as the love and support that Belle gives him will tame his emotions/stubboness and keep him on his toes.

“Oh God! Get a doctor quick!” She almost screamed. Roman stuck his head out the door and called for a doctor while Irene attempted to soothe Belle.

“Hey Girly, it’s alright, Aden’s gonna be fine, shhhhh….”

I like how Irene, Roman and Nicole have joined forces and are supporting Aden and even Belle during this time. Belle seems a bit emotionally unstable at the moment. I like how Irene was there to calm Belle down. Belle seems panicky in the section I quoted.

I'm a little worried about what Aden will tell Belle in the coming chapter.

I'm liking this fic, it's got potential. Is Larry still in this fic? I like reading fics where Aden's sexual abuse is being explored and the effects it can have on a human being.

Please update the next chapter as soon as you can, don't leave me hanging for too long!! :D Goood job, but I really would love the chapters to be long and have a bit more description...but really the storyline is really, really goood !!! (so the length and description really isn't an issue).

Wahoo! I updated two days in a row :o *faints*

Anyway :P thanks carina.vanessa.adellefan and adellejefferiesxox for the amazing reviews :D, really appreciate them.

This chapter's slightly shorter but the way I've planned the story out the only thing going in this chapter is Aden explaining to Belle so I made it as long as I could =)

I hope it's all right, and that the way the characters react is how they would/should.

In answer to a few questions -

No Larry is not in this fic

About Aden get defensive and pulling away from Belle, he will but at the same time he will become more dependant on Belle,

It will all make sense later on in the story, theres a few twists on the way :P

Right anyway, next chapter -

Chapter 7

“Belle,” He said, breaking the kiss, “There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?” She asked, surprised by the way he suddenly broke off from her.

“You know the night of the storm…” Aden started. “Where I ran off on you, I-I need to tell you why.”

“Shhh, no, it’s okay just concentrate on getting better first.” She said while gently stroking his face.

“No, Belle.” Aden replied firmly, “I need to tell you, it’ll help you understand; I never meant to run off on you like that, I didn’t mean to hurt you, I love you.”

Belle smiled, her heart warmed by his words,

“Okay, what do you want to tell me babe?”

Aden took a deep breath and began, his voice shaking slightly.

“You know when you started to undress me,” He paused for a moment and Belle nodded, “Well it- it brought back memories.” He sighed and looked up at Belle as she asked,

“What sort of memories” She sat crossed legged on the bed facing him, holding his hands in hers.

“When I was younger my Dad always used to get drunk and-and then Mum-m k-kill-led her-rself-f and…” He shakily took a breath, tears forming at the corners of his eyes as he remembered his darkest and most hurtful memories, before carrying on. “And then Dad-d’s drinking just got w-worse until he couldn’t take care of me and my brothers’ so-o he got m-my g-grandf-father in to take c-care of u-us and he…” He stumbled over his words.

Belle sat there horrified of how his childhood was like, and his Mum… she couldn’t imagine how badly that affected him at such as young age but the worst was yet to come.

Aden started speaking again having regained some of his composure, “When Dad would go o-out to the pub or to a meeting, he-e” He stopped when he saw Belle’s confused look, “My-y g-grandf-father,” She got who he meant now so he carried on though tears were on the verge of falling, Belle was worried that whatever he needed to tell it wasn’t going to be good…

“He-e used to come into o-our room when-n we were a-about to go to s-sleep and-d and he-e would-d,” Aden stopped, wiping at his eyes and taking a few shaky breaths, Belle stared in horror, a sense of dread filling her, Please, please let it not be what I’m thinking…

“H-he would t-tell me-e that I was u-useless and-d that it was m-my fault that-t my m-mum ki-illed-d hers-self a-an-nd…” He was on the verge of breaking down and Belle had a feeling that wasn’t all he had to tell,

“And-d that I-I was the-e one t-that should-d be-e d-dead.” He stooped and gulped a load of air into his lungs that refused to cooperate; tears were now streaming freely down his face,

“T-then he’d-d throw o-off the c-covers and-d t-take o-off my c-clothes and-d I’d t-tell him t-to stop, I d-did Belle b-but he n-never listen-ned and-d I-I wasn’t s-strong enough-h to p-push h-him off and-d it h-hurt so-o much-h, I’d lie t-there a-after c-crying m-myself to s-sleep, I-I was s-so ashamed-d and-d then t-the other-r night i-it all j-just came flooding-g b-back a-and I-I couldn’t-t t-take i-it B-Belle” He broke down violently sobbing into her arms after that, heart wrenching cries emitting from him, floods of tears falling down his cheeks, soaking Belle’s blouse. She just held him and let him cry it all out as he vividly relived those terrifying and painful years.

Belle sat there gently rocking Aden in her lap as he cried, she was stunned, it wasn’t what I was thinking, it was much, much worse, his grandfather messed with his mind and violated his body, it’s a wonder he’s still sane. How could anyone go through all that and be okay, but then looking down at the broken boy – boy not man, in front of me I saw that Aden wasn’t okay, he was broken and I’m not sure I can fix him. How could he do that to Aden though? How could anyone do that to another human being, it was sick beyond belief and on a child?? A child that couldn’t have been more than seven or eight at the time and it went on for years??, god I don’t know how Aden handled it, I feel sick at the thought but to have actually gone through all that, no wonder he ran off from me, god what had I been thinking, I’ve probably made everything worse.

“Shhh…” She murmured in his ear, tenderly stroking his hair as his sobs gradually died down and he gasped in the air his lungs so desperately craved. Belle knew how much it must hurt, the amount of pressure his breakdown must have put on his lungs and her heart hurt for him wishing that she could take even the smallest amount of his pain away because it would make all the difference…

Next Chapter -

Nightmares haunt Aden

Please comment :)

xx

Archived