Forgotten Truths

Guest WYN100

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Thanks so much for the nice comments -really appreciate them !!!!!

PART FIVE

“And there it was – a dead body !! I tripped over it and – man !! I could NOT believe it !!” Romeo smothered a yawn, feeling that next time he’d be able to quote the narrative word for word alongside Xavier having now heard it at least four times in its progressively more exaggerated forms – and before the orator gathered renewed steam for a further version, Romeo gave a little

cough and said “Of course you haven’t asked me about…..my……news yet….?”Xavier momentarily stood like an aspiring Hamlet suddenly ordered off stage during his signature “To be or not to be” speech but eventually and reluctantly “exited stage left”, throwing

over his shoulder “ok big shot – what’s this earth-shattering news then ?”

“Weeel..” said Romeo stroking his chin “Your friendly neighbourhood hunk has ONLY been accepted to go on….Who Wants to be a Millionaire !”

Xavier took a double-take, then grinned and taunted “Oh yeah right ! You and Eddie McGuire - I’ve heard it all now !!”

“No, me and Beyonce you doofus – yes of COURSE Eddie McGuire –Indy and I were talking about it the other week – I rang in, got the call back yesterday, and it’s next week’s show !”

Only having arrived late to the conversation, Miles threw his arm round Romeo’s shoulder and urged laughingly “ Well remember who your friends are when you push your million home in a wheelbarrow, won’t you mate !!”

“Yes you should get a few cents out of a hundred dollars Miles – I reckon if he gets that far he should walk away !!”

As Xavier dissolved into laughter, Romeo responded calmly “ Well we’ll just have to see won’t we- but I tell you what, you’ll NEVER guess who I’ve got lined up as a phone-a-friend !!”

He looked triumphantly at two faces who clearly had NO idea – no idea AT ALL !!

Trey had waited long and attentively after hearing the police siren. Muscles tensed and body flowing with the adrenaline of some apprehension, he of course couldn’t possibly know that the noise he had heard didn’t spell imminent discovery and capture for him, but the Yabbie Creek force descending on the woods where the dead body had been found. Nonetheless, he decided that tactically the plan to ‘torch’ the gym wouldn’t now be altogether political with the police swarming round, so with a sigh of regret he disengaged the trip wires he’d so painstakingly set and with a sigh of regret made his way out into the main area, poking idly at piles of towels and fitness magazines before his eyes alighted on a familiar tan-coloures attaché case lying on the main desk – his father’s !! Gliding swiftly over towards it he reached into his pocket for a small plastic sachet = smiling as he slipped it into the case he was convinced that its contents would be of some to considerable interest to the police currently buzzing around out side – that was when he phoned them anonymously in the morning of course ….!….

Having put Harry to bed, Tony hovered gaping in the living room door, gripped by confusion and disbelief. Having already twice been told to back off by Angelo when he’d tried to intervene, he was now forced to listen as Rachel –HIS Rachel, probably the love of his life – was being quizzed about a death – possibly a murder ! – and, what’s more, was seemingly being evasive about it !

He’d given his own statement about the movements of Rachel that evening he now heard Charlie ask “So how did you KNOW Mr Ross, Rachel ?”

“I don’t think that actually matters very much Charlie, he’s an old friend and I just went for a coffee with him….” – “Without telling Tony……!” Angelo cut in sharply..

“Y-yes “ answered Rachel – “but he was busy with Harry and I was never going to be that long and he didn’t need to be disturbed…..”

“What kind of chat actually WAS it, Rachel ?” from Charlie

“Oh, civil, ordinary, you know…?”

Charlie consulted her notebook and enquired “So, the person we talked to there was wrong when they said your final words before leaving were “You tell anyone that and it could be the last thing you do……”?

As Harry with eerily appropriate timing began to cry in the adjacent bedroom , an involuntary gasp of horror came from Tony as he suddenly leant heavily against the door frame…….

• 2 weeks later...

****PART SIX

‘Aiden, you KNOW we had something special – very special ! “ Belle had slid next to him on the sofa and was looking directly at his eyes – eyes which the uncertain yet excited owner kept darting around the room and lowering to the floor, knowing direct connection would bring long concealed feelings cascading back with inevitably considerable disruption to his current lifestyle.

“I know Belle, I know” he intoned softly, “but….”

“But what ? she whispered….” You waited for me through rehab and all that Liam stuff and I waited for you while the business with your father worked itself out – now THAT doesn’t come from any 5 minute throwaway relationship, does it ??”

He shook his head, a head which her face had been slowly but steadily approaching to eventually close on his lips in a slow, affectionate- and reciprocated-kiss.

After 15 seconds or more of this union, the shared moment was sharply and jaggedly punctured by a voice declaring “ Hey guys I brought pizza, thought that would be easiest……” It of course belonged to Nicole who’d re-entered through the back kitchen. Their pull-apart from the kiss came 10 seconds too late as they looked up to see an ashen-faced pizza-holder…

“So how are you finding life back in the Bay ?” Liam had emerged from concluding the turbulent phonecall in his office to find Roman with one leg up on one of the Lounge tables thoughtfully sipping a cup of coffee from the nearby vending machine .

Having seen Liam slip comfortably onto a sofa just opposite him, he took his time before responding to the opening gambit.

“Well…….it’s not prison, that’s for sure..! I’m trying to give Nic plenty of space and obviously it’s more than great that I’ve got a place to stay and a job too…”

“No worries, mate” from across the table –

“But,” with the merest hint of an arch look at Liam “I’ve got to be very sure it’s right for me and I’m right for it, as any ex-con’s got to tread carefully, you know…?”

Liam felt his palms moistening as he volunteered an indeterminate “ I hear you there mate ..” as he rose, adding as he did “ Can I get you another coffee, mate ?”

Roman declined with a shake of the head, enquiring “ What’s on the agenda for you today then ?”

Shrugging his shoulders, Liam replied “ Ah, same old same old I guess ‘’ he replied, stopping as he crossed the floor and turning his head with a surprised look as the front door buzzer sounded in a firm, decisive manner., getting Liam to mutter ‘bit early ?’ under his breath until he was opening the door and confronted by a short man wearing a dark suit and announcing ‘ Mr Murphy ? I’m Eric Knowles from the Australian tax department –just a routine check on your accounts ?’

As Liam gaped, the very faintest of smiles played round Roman’s lips – part one of ‘Operation Hitting Back’ was successfully underway……

With Charlie and Angelo engaged on the dead body enquiries, it had been left to Constable Watson to shoulder the more mundane but apparently necessary aspects of the station’s workload that morning like hunting down serial non-payers of parking fines that the courts had referred to them plus the dubious delights of that new swear word that had been added to the worldwide vernacular- Health and Safety !!

Having checked out a few of the surf shops she headed for the gym where she knew some new equipment had just

Been installed, and found John Palmer in the process of opening up. She was greeted with a warm smile and a boisterous “Good Morning Constable, to what do we owe this pleasure !.” followed by a rather unfortunate ”not in trouble am I !!” followed by a guffaw – as she followed him in and explained the nature of her visit he replied “ I think you’re In luck – the papers are in this wretched briefcase I left here last night”. She stood next to him as he shuffled papers but suddenly pounced to grasp a clear plastic sachet containing a familiar green ground substance.

“Mr Palmer, would you mind telling me EXACTLY what this is doing here !!”

The astounded gym owner could only gape at the development……

• 4 weeks later...

**PART SEVEN

Rachel shifted uncomfortably –the hard, severe chairs in the Yabbie Creek Police station were a far cry from the comfortable upholstery of home and were getting no better as time ticked on and the room grew progressively colder.

Charlie sighed, shuffled her papers and leant across the interview table for a renewed attempt. “ Rachel, you could be home with Harry and Tony in no time at all if you just help us here – first off we just need to know HOW you knew Alister Ross and secondly why your conversation at the diner apparently grew so aggressive – on the very night that he was later found dead !” Rachel , head bowed, ran her fingers through her increasingly matted hair, and enquired in low tones “ Where are Tony and Harry now ?”

“Harry was getting restless so Tony took him back home….surely you’d like to be there too…….?”

Rachel took a deep breath and continued “Look, what I can tell you is this. Alister was born in the Bay –rich family –quite a story there ! – but he still chose to –as you might say – walk the wrong side of the tracks – and get money in a way the likes of you and Angelo most certainly wouldn’t approve of, if you know what I mean…?”

A nodding Charlie heard her continue-

“So I’m at medical school – short of cash like everyone else is – and no, I’m not going to tell you I ended up in some dodgy film saying ‘

I was young, I needed the money…” ..a brief smile from Charlie ..”But all of a sudden there was Alister, plenty of money – no crippling interest, no strings and definitely no comeback – UNTIL he rocks up here yesterday, saying not only does he want payback, but if I don’t he’ll tell the hospital authorities, the local papers and anyone else who’d listen..”

“So you thought the best way out was to get rid of him, right…!!”

Rachel jerked herself upright, palms flat on the interview room table, and – eyes flaming –looked the officer straight in the face and seethed – “ No Charlie, I did NOT – but I’ll tell you this much – there’s someone ELSE here in the Bay I know he also had financial dealings with, who he said he was going to also look up when he was here – and who I can confidently predict was not going t like it ONE little bit !!”

Charlie had leant quickly forward with a ‘tell me more..” expression on her face….

Despite being urged not to by Aiden, Belle had found her coat and begun to put it on as he begun to attempt the impossible task of splitting himself in two directions at the same time. Hissing “ Wait here a moment !” at Belle, before she could demur he was off and ascending the stairs two at a time, the same route he’d heard Nicole take after “When pizza met Aiden and Belle” in a rather less than salubrious reworking of the Billy Crystal-Meg Ryan New York classic. He reached the bedroom breathlessly to find Nicole packing a case, randomly hurling in items, her face set in a defiant pout.

“Nic, what are you DOING !! “ he said, only half pleadingly – “ What does it LOOK like Aiden !!” she responded gruffly “ I’ve always KNOWN she was the third wheel in this relationship even when she WASN’T here, so now you can HAVE her – if that’s what you want !!” Pulling her coat on she spat over her shoulder “ I’ll be at the caravan park IF you want to talk – I’m sure Miles and Alf WILL be glad to see me – AND Romeo too !!” She clattered down the stairs and out of the back door, leaving Aiden grasping thin air, his mouth still attempting to frame the words he’d wanted to say to her. Head spinning, he trudged down the stairs towards the living room – at least there was still Belle…… his thumping heart though went into overdrive as he entered an EMPTY room – “ Uh- Belle…?” hoarsely…and then his eye alighted on the note on the table – picking it up with trembling fingers, he read “Aiden, you know I came back for you – for us – but not like this….you have issues- I hope you can be happy , Belle xx”

Gripping the back of the sofa for support, his head and heart feeling ready to burst simultaneously, the thought seared his mind….’had he lost them BOTH ???’…….

Liam had fidgeted uneasily while Eric Knowles had pored painstakingly over the ‘Liam’s Lounge’ ledgers, tutting and sighing intermittently as such people tended to – “All OK Mr Knowles ?” eventually volunteered Liam, his mind hunted by the money-laundering exercise he’d been cornered into- and the way Roman had become involved despite all his own better instincts and feelings of decency. Perhaps dreading the taxman’s likely response, Liam hurried on to “Can I get you morning coffee Eric – or a Danish pastry perhaps ?”

Bridling imperceptibly at the familiarity of address, Knowles responded pointedly “No thank you MR Murphy, “ –and after a few more minutes scribing sat up, placed his spectacles on the table,and Roman felt a moment of slight vindication as the scholarly visitor sat up and pronounced “Well I’m sorry Mr Murphy but I

‘m not altogether happy with what I’m finding here, I’ll need to ask you to bring all your books to our head office for an official audit at your earliest convenience.” Liam looked quickly from Knowles to Roman as if seeking an unlikely ‘

get out of jail free’ card. Roman merely shrugged his shoulders in an indeterminate fashion, but as Knowles headed for the door, books in hand, the Murphy prayers may just have been answered in a most unlikely fashion. As Knowles reached the door a shadow fell across his path and a soft voice was heard “Ah Eric – I CAN call you Eric, can’t I ! I couldn’t help hearing you were having a little trouble – now if you’d be free to join me for, dinner, say ? – I’m sure we can get all this settled very quickly !…”

Inside the club lounge, to where a faint aroma of quality perfume had begun to permeate – both Liam and Roman exchanged genuinely perplexed glances….

• 3 weeks later...

**PART EIGHT

Aiden lay with feet up on the couch, eyes dully following a game of Australian Rules Football being played out on the screen in front of him – his brain absorbing next to none of it. Hand reaching for a fourth can of lager no doubt destined to join the growing pile of empties on the table beside him – he hardly noticed when the ajar front door was pushed open to see Romeo enter. Waving him vaguely to occupy the adjacent armchair, a few moments of silence then elapsed. Romeo broke them with a chiding “ So this is it then, is it ? You mess up with the two top girls in your life, and the answer’s not to sort it out, but drown yourself in drink instead !”

Aiden scratched his hair and, head scarcely turning, muttered “Shouldn’t YOU be somewhere asking an audience or something ?”

“Oh yes, ha-de-ha who sacked you from your last job as a stand-up comic, then ! No, what you need to be deciding is WHICH of those girls you REALLY want to be with and then DOING something about it ! Do you seriously think EITHER will come running if they see you like this !!”

The drinker shrugged, saying “Well when both actually drop you like a hot brick over the same balcony it doesn’t give the BEST message of love and devotion, now does it !!”

“Oh get REAL mate – you were happy with Nic, suddenly Belle’s back from out of the blue and you get caught between the two of them ! Now you and I both know you want at least ONE of them, and sitting here swimming in beer just isn’t going to cut it , now is it !”

Aiden stood up, banged his can down on the table, turned on Romeo . and – finger jabbing the air growled “Okay okay we all know you’ve got the cutesy name and all, but exactly who died and made YOU Mr Love God, eh ?”

Not rising to the bait and maintaining an even stare, Romeo replied “ I’m just telling you exactly what you’re thinking yourself – you know where you should be right now – and it’s NOT here where you are !”

“OK then Oprah, you TELL me where I should be - no, let me guess – out there, chasing after one of them, right, ?”

Nodding decisively, Romeo replied “ Bingo, Sherlock ! – and I didn’t even need to ask the audience now did I !”

Holding both palms in the air, Aiden said “Ok, OK !!!- now I BELIEVE Nicole’s in a van at the caravan park – I’ll head there right now – head off any more griping from YOU !!” But – as he grabbed his coat he’d have done well to know that at that precise moment, someone else was setting off towards EXACTLY the same destination……

“I’m REALLY going to enjoy this…..” Charlie’s face was set with determination, her mouth a thin, tight line of resolve for what was to come.

“Now listen Charlie, you can’t just go wading in there full bore – I know what Rachel said, but you HAVE to remember he’s done NOTHING out of line for nearly a year and he’s providing a real service with this kids’ theatre group, so be careful, right !!”

Charlie’s face wore a mirthless smile as she responded “ Yes Yes I KNOW all that, and I still don’t trust him as far as VJ Patterson could throw him, ok ?”

They were outside the Bay Church hall from where were streaming a selection of lively excited children coupled with smiling parents. Easing gently past the crowd, they entered through a rear side door from where they could see a lone figure pushing a young boy on a cart towards his happy-looking mother then starting to clear the stage area.

He stopped only to turn as Charlie called “ Mr Graham – you got a minute to chat ?”

Pausing to turn partly in their direction, the familiar complacent albeit slightly mellowed grin was turned in their direction accompanied by “ Why sergeant Buckton, surely we know each other for first name terms by now ? It’s Penn – and you too, Constable..”

“Sergeant !!!….”

“Sorry Sergeant Risotto….”

A bridling Angelo failed to rise to the bait of Penn’s using one of Colleen’s more absurd Malapropisms, instead holding his breath and counting a patient 20 before risking an inappropriately hasty response..

“Mr Graham..,” continued an equally teeth-gritting Charlie “We’re investigating a murder, as you may know..” He shrugged his shoulders up towards a disinterested face – but that was to change as she continued “ Can I ask you if you know anything about an Alister Ross ?” For a brief moment, a dark, even sinister shadow passed across Penn’s face. A shadow containing a cocktail of ghosts and dark emotions from the past – and the carefully reconditioned Penn Graham mask looked set to topple and slide. At the crucial moment though it held back from the abyss – despite close scrutiny from the two officers of the law. Blinking as if doing a double-take he replied “Sorry lady and gentleman, can’t help you – now if you’d excuse me, I’ve got my High School Musical dress rehearsal in a couple of hours…!” As Charlie and Angelo exchanged

cynical and thoroughly unconvinced glances she said “Well if you’re SURE Mr Graham – but if you DO remember anything, you know where we are –and you won’t be leaving the Bay anytime soon, will you ?”

By now he’d reached the far side of the stage and called back over his shoulder “Oh as if I WOULD !!”

The new carefree manner belied how the Bay’s unlikely new youth stage maestro was feeling. Breathing heavily as he entered small office he flipped the door shut and reached for the phone, digging fingernails into the palm of one hand as he dialed with the other – as the call was answered he hissed in low, menacing tones “ Yes, me – look you idiot they KNOW about it – well alright as near as dammit, and you bet your life if won’t be long !”

Blood was now starting to ooze from a small cut on the palm where his nails were being driven as he hissed “You and I BOTH know this is an area that CAN’T be gone into – it just CAN’T = ok !!!!!!!!”

John Palmer ran his hand through hair that was already looking uncharacteristically unkempt hair which had suffered from 90 minutes or so of such treatment. Turning almost beseechingly to Morag who was sitting at his side in the interview room, he intoned glumly “ They can’t really make this stick, can they ? - I mean it was SO obviously planted there !!” Morag – who he’d been fortunate to press into service while on a flying visit to Charlie and Ruby observed drily “Well yes, with your distinguished and unblemished prior record I’m sure there’s a good case for saying it’s a mix-up of some kind – but I can’t think what’s taking so long, I must admit !!”

Ignoring her voiced qualm, he continued – almost thinking out loud – “And part of my platform for council was anti-drug – this can’t get out, it just can’t !!”

As if to answer at least one of their utterances, the door opened and in walked Constable Watson . Rising to greet the arrival Palmer sighed “About flippin’ time too ! I presume I CAN leave your exquisite hospitality and go home Constable ?”

Shaking her head in contradictory fashion, Watson replied “ I’m afraid not Mr Palmer, we….”

“Whaaaaat….”

“We’ve just had a phone call suggesting we may need to search your house for further evidence on this matter – I’m afraid I’ll therefore have to ask you to accompany me to the holding cell area for now….”

The maker of that mysterious phone call would have gained rich appreciation from the look on Palmer’s face at that very moment…

• 3 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! :-)

**PART NINE

“Well hello there young Aiden, nice to see you out and about on this foooine afternoon !” Meeting Colleen and her exaggerated ‘nails down a blackboard’ vowels was just about the last thing he would have wished to encounter having been evicted from his inappropriate but tempting den of self-pity by Romeo.

However, light years away as she was from his mental musings and strategies, she continued unabashed “ I always think fresh air is saaaw important for growing young men – I mean my Lancie was never stuck inside with these Hox-Box or Train Station gadgets – he’d always be out here and there with that Martin Dibble…” –the tiniest of breaths was taken as her brow darkened momentarily. “ now heee’s another story altogether of course, the way he led poor Lancie astray – Heaven ONLY knows what became of HIM !!…”

Aiden’s pulse was already racing from his OWN matter in hand, and now felt his head starting to spin slightly.

Manoeuvering his way past her he muttered “I’d love to stay and chat Mrs Smart but I’m actually here for something important today…”

Thunderclouds quickly returned to her brow as she addressed her portable , ever-present and long-suffering invisible audience “ Well reeeely !!! And there’s me just trying to be POLITE !!…. “

At heart Colleen had always viewed Aiden as being forever stuck in his trouble-ridden “hoon” days and had never acknowledged his admirable transition into distinct adulthood plus the inevitable emotional and relationship baggage that came with it.

Having gleaned the number of the van Nicole was occupying, Aiden’s mind had by now totally zoned out the slighted Colleen stalking away behind him and was focusing solely on his destination and the message he would deliver there. He’d thought urgently during the ten minute walk from his house to the Caravan Park and it had increasingly filtered through that Belle was his soulmate- the one he’d endured the best and the toughest of times with, and while he’d struck a genuine empathy and fondness with Nicole during Belle’s absence it wasn’t approaching anything of the same depth and substance. Knocking on the van door and hearing Nicole shot “OH-ah, ok, come in !” On entering he immediately saw the reason for her initial hesitation- she was clad only in a towel, having presumably just returned from the showerblock.

Herself looking a little confused to see him as he wondered whether to avert his eyes or not, she beckoned him to sit down alongside her on the bed- the inevitable in such situations then happened-

“Look Aid…”

“I bet you’re wonder…”

A few nervous laughs followed, then

“You go Nic…”

“No you go…”

He breathed in deeply. Sitting this close to her in her current state of dress, his clear thinking of only moments previously was already beginning to blur a little round the edges- but he went on nonetheless “Look Nic, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I’ve come to a decision…..”

Nicole had been watching his face intently as he spoke and having heard his opening remarks threw her arms around him in a spontaneous hug – “Oh Aiden I KNEW you’d come back to me – I could TELL it was just a blip thing with Belle – oh we SO belong together !..” and her mistaken assumption moved swiftly into a slow, lingering kiss which while it took the bewildered Aiden slightly aback was not received with 100% dissatisfaction either. As Nicole’s towel slipped slightly, neither noticed the door open to reveal Belle standing on the first step. Taking in the whole scene laid out before her she paused only to observe “Thanks Aiden, glad to see you cleared up the choice for me…!” – before turning on her heel to leave a decidedly mixed reception behind her……

Angelo breathed heavily as the ‘patience counting’ inside his head moved well past ten and nearer fifty.

His own worst projections had been realized with the arrival of Inspector Peter Baker from ‘the city’ who was already making his presence felt in the Alister Ross murder investigation.

“So you’ve interviewed Rachel Armstrong and been to see this Penn Graham, right ?”

Angelo nodded in resigned fashion – “But no formal interview for this Graham character ? Now he’s an interesting one – certainly has a bell ringing from the past in my mind, but I just can’t think exactly where…I think there’s a lot more lying under this than just a one-off murder, and I’m going to make it my business to find out what !”

Angelo narrowly resisted the temptation to roll his eyes skywards before drifting off to his desk.

Peter stood by the main reception desk, shuffling the case documents and wracking his brains as to why he knew the name Penn Graham.

In truth, he was glad to be away from the main police station and primarily Detective Robertson who could turn the boiling of a kettle into an aggravating mind game and whose sub-Columbo riddles quickly grew VERY old.

He continued musing over the documents until the light which suddenly illuminated his brain also lit up his face and he called over to Angelo “ Sergeant Rosetta I’m going out – you have my mobile number….”

Angelo tried interjecting a question, but almost by the time he’d started, Peter was outside starting up his car. As he gunned the engine and set off, just moments later , a large model with tinted windows pulled out and glided off in the same direction………

Liam could hear the phone ringing in his office, but even the likely significance and nature couldn’t on this occasion pierce the fast-moving, perplexing and vaguely concerning events of that morning.

“Um…so, Mrs Vale- er, Baker – to what do we owe the pleasure…and exactly why…? “

Amanda stretched back luxuriously in her seat, tossed the familiar golden hair and, favouring Liam with a shattering smile replied “Well Mr Murphy – or can I call you Liam..?”

He nodded as she continued “Well it’s two things really – firstly I was the BIGGEST fan of you and your group..”

He smiled modestly….”yes. many’s the time Peter – my husband- has yelled at me to turn the volume down, but I always say there’s NO lowering that kind of quality ! ..BUT ..he always then tells me I should be getting involved in something to occupy my time ! SO –when I was talking to Roman on the phone the other night…”

Seeing Liam’s involuntary glance shot at his colleague, she continued “Oh you did know Roman and I were friends, didn’t you ? I always thought it was very harsh he got sent down and we’ve kept in touch on and off since – I guess Peter’s just kept some sort of blind eye-or ear-to it. Anyway, when I knew Peter was heading this way for that..murder…thing , I thought it would be a great chance to – um, not exactly kill two birds with one stone – indelicate expression in the circumstances ! – I thought I’d come to offer to buy out 50 per cent of this club !”

With a puzzled expression, Liam responded slowly “ But…it’s not FOR sale Mrs Baker….?”

With another sideways glance at Roman, she went on “Well, when I heard the figures weren’t EXACTLY adding up..and that very nice Mr Knowles was here…”

“You know him…?”

“Oh yes, Eric’s helped me out with a number of my business ventures in the past…and when I heard the figures rather oddly weren’t EXACTLY adding up – I thought this would be a good solution for EVERYONE , don’t YOU Liam ..?”

As Liam passed his hand across a moistening brow, the phone in his office began to ring with what seemed to his ears to be an increasingly strident and sinister tone…….

Archived