Another You, Another Me, Another Now

Guest JosieTash

Red Ranger 1, Annie’s consistency [born of her faith] has been good to go with throughout. If I’m being completely honest, the Joey thing [being obsessed with Bella et al] is a way of keeping her at the forefront of the story. Although I can see why yourself & Sue think that way you do, the way I was thinking when I wrote all this is the Joey likes the mer-girls platonically, i.e. even if Joey was straight, she'd have wanted to put her hands of the mer-cleavege because it's part of their mermaidness.

Re the not plain sailing bit, let’s just say that someone in the Bay betrays Cleo et al!!!!!!!!

I’ve along added a few bits & pieces in italics in chapter 10 – just little things about Em’s family that I shouldn’t take for granted that ppl know. Indeed, hope this further example, which I know WON’T be in AYAMAN [paraphrasing at times, from h2o series 1 ep “Under The Weather”], helps you ….

Emma “In my family, we have a rule – no secrets.”

Rikki “Have you told them you’re mermaid?”

Emma “No, of course not.”

Rikki “I see this rule is FLEXIBLE then.”

CHAPTER 11

Elliot “This is why you were keen on an Outback holiday!?!”

Terry [Rikki’s dad] “How long has this been going on?”

Bella’s mum “This is what Rikki meant by you [bella] being self reliant!?!”

Don [trawler fisherman – said with a mix of schock and pride] “My daughter, a mermaid!!!”

Emma’s dad “How could you keep a secret like THIS from us?”

The questions & comments contuinie for a while, but when the rapid-fire comments from their fams appears to have stopped ....

Bella “Mum & dad, Rikki’s comment was soooo apt. I’ve been like this since I was NINE.”

Bell’s mum “How? Why? did you keep this form us?”

Bella “I’ve kinda tried a few times, but you were busy AND I was scared. Scared that, I don’t know, maybe that I’d end up like Em, Cleo & Rikki – a scientist captured them!!!”

Don “Is this true, Cleo?”

Cleo “Yep, about 2 years ago. She has us for about a ½ hour before we were rescued!!!”

Emma’s mum “Rescued by?”

Emma “You’re going to find out sooner or later. It was Lewis and Zane.”

Don “So they knew you’re all mermaids. I STILL can’t believe it – my daughter, a mermaid!!!”

Rikki “Yep, both found out by accident. Only Em’s organised enough to be the one to deliberately tell her then b/f Ash.”

Terry “Rikki, you could have come to me bout this.”

Rikki “I’m sorry. We all thought we couldn’t take the risk.”

Emma’s mum “So what’s changed?”

Emma “THAT plane crash.”

Emma explains EVERYTHING bout the crash itself [hearing Em’s plea, using their power to cushion impact] to her family & the fams of the other mermaids. The fams then see Bella & Cleo use their powers 1st hand, before Emma also shows them her water power. Rikki then used her power to change herself, then the other 3, back into “land mode”.

Bella “Mind if I take over explaining, Em? [Emma nods] Soon after the plane crash, we visited Em in hospital. We then got word that Cleo, Rikki & I can kinda be seen in a home video that someone took, so we PLEADED with the ppl of Summer Bay, including a cop whose engagement party was being filmed near the crash, to keep the video completely out of official hands.”

Don “So you’re saying that you are telling us FINALLY because a WHOLE TOWN knows?”

Bella “In short, yes. Basically, with the vid that they had, it was a risk we HAD to take. Oh, and they want the 4 of us to move there – like, as bright young new members of their community.”

Kim [sarcastically towards Cleo, as always] “Counts you out, Cleo.”

Don [sternly] “KIM!!!!”

Cleo “Kim, if I’m soooo stupid, how was I able to fool you into thinking that I wasn't a mermaid a few years ago when I actually had a tail?”

Kim “So …… that diary, it was REAL ?????”

Cleo “Totally!!!!!!”

Don “So how long have you been like this, Cleo?”

Cleo “Approaching 3 years now.”

Bella’s mum “Bella, your dad & I have to go soon, but where? how? did this happen?”

Bella “In Ireland, and I REALLY don’t want to say more than that. I like being unique too much for that.”

Bella’s dad “We’ll DEFINITELY talk me bout this tonight. See you then, Bella” [bella’s parents bail]

Don “Cleo, unless I’ve REALLY missed something, you’ve not been to Ireland.”

Cleo “No, Em, Rikki & I were transformed a LOT closer to home than that – but, like Bella, I don’t want to say too much bout it.”

Sam [Cleo’s step mum – a national park ranger] “Is Mako Island involved?”

Kim ”I bet it was. You guys went all WEIRD when we went camping there – that was before your time, Bella”

Emma “Yep, it happened on Mako – but I REALLY can't say anything more that that.”

Elliott “Emma, do you think … if I found out how you changed …. that I could become, like, a boy mermaid?”

Emma “I really don’t know. I don’t know if the process has a gender bias or not. The only ppl I know to have been changed there are girls. I mean, you’ve seen that the 4 of have bigger puppies when we are mermaids.”

Elliot [sulkily] “You LIED to me, Emma”

Emma “I don’t know what else to say, but I REALLY ask you to forgive me Eliot?”

Eliot “Of course I forgive you, you're my sister. [pause] Rikki, where you a mermaid when you saved me ...and I had a crush on you afterwards?” [see pics below]

Rikki “Guilty as charged. Actually, that was soooooo funny. Elliot, after you were told your mum & dad that I could swim faster then a dolphin, Em HAULED me up to her room and was like [Emma impression] “So, did he SEE anything”, [back to Rikki voice] and I was, like, “Other than when I “flashed” him!!!”

Elliot “Emma, what’s she talking about?”

Kim “Don’t you know ANYTHING, Elliot. She means that you’d see EVERYTHING – Rikki’s whole body NAKED!!!!”

Elliot “GROSS!!!! No offence, Rikki.”

Rikki “None taken – after all, you’ve been out on a date with Kim, and soon enough, you’ll be really REALLY girl crazy – it’s a fact of life. [pause] Dad, I’m VERY sorry – should have trusted you.”

Cleo “Hey, this all makes MY idea to tell ppl FROM THE START totally right !!!! BTW everyone, although I got my tail same day as Em & Rikki, I didn't take to it the way they did – after all, before all this, I couldn’t swim. When I DID take the plunge, it came mostly naturally. Dad, that was when that guy you employed was fishing in protected waters … catching turtles in his nets. Indeed, I got caught in a net, but Em & Rikki saved me.” [see pics below]

Kim “Cleo, I want your room when you are gone, and ….. where were your fish REALLY that time when you said they were in the bath, or the bucket, or wherever you LIED and said they were?”

Cleo “Oh yeah ….. They were swimming in the fish tank water …. which was floating close to the CELILNG !!! I LOVE my tail and my powers AND especially my 3 besties. [see pic below of floating fish tank water].

Terry “Rikki, is this why you got so close to Emma & Cleo & Bella?”

Rikki “It helped. I helped Cleo out of a tight spot that day that she, Em & I were transformed. After I helped Cleo, I was driving along in Zane’s Zodiac [little boat] with Cleo beside me and when we saw Em on shore and she was all [Emma impression] “Are you licensed?” [back to Rikki voice] and I was all, like, “Are you my mother?”

Emma “I don’t think I’ll ever forget that.”

Terry “Rikki, I imagine this house – and Emma’s and Bella’s should have a bathtub, but how …. in our little [caravan park] place?”

Rikki “That’s where having a tail fin comes in handy. It’s the perfect size – with my back against the back wall of the shower, to keep myself upright. That doesn’t wash my human body though. I use, like, bodywash for that.”

Terry “If only your mum could see you now.”

Rikki “I KNOW she’s watching over me.”

It’s getting late, so Rikki & Terry head for home, as do Emma & her fam, and Bella heads for home too.

When they return to their mobile home, Rikki & Terry pick up where they left off …..

Terry “So, what's this Summer Bay like?”

Rikki “It’s GREAT – nice ppl, modern attitudes, mostly - its like, the cop we told you about that got engaged. Her name is Charlie and she’s engaged to another woman, Joey – whose OBSESSED with mermaids !!!! So yeah, it’s a great place!”

Terry ”You’re happy to be going there?”

Rikki “It’s a great place and I’ll be there with my 3 besties. Hey, the run down the coast will be a GREAT one for Thelma [Terry’s Harley Davidson motorcycle]. You can visit me anytime, and it’s not like we can’t “warp drive” back here whenever we want to. [pause] So you’re happy with all of this?”

Terry “I’ll waaaay miss you, but I especially now know how BRAINY you are.”

Rikki “Thanks, dad.”

They UBER hug before heading of to bed. It’s way too late to phone Cleo & the others, and Rikki hopes the especially Cleo & Emma can convince their fams to support their move. Rikki know how “together” Bella is, and doesn’t think she’ll have any trouble convincing her parents.

Late that night, Cleo phones Lewis [who is studying in the USA]. She tells him bout her talk to her fam that night – after having previously told him [in other phone chats] bout the vid and everything else. Cleo & Lewis might not be going out anymore, but they are still pretty close.

Rikki is up early the next day. She meets up with Emma, Bella & Cleo at their special secluded spot on the beach.

Rikki “So, what’s the verdict?”

Bella “I’m in – and my parents have offered to help kick-start any viable plans that we have to start up a new business in the Bay. Em?”

Emma “My fam took some convincing, especially Elliot, but they want me to be happy - and since being happy is having NO chance of being dissected, they’re totally OK with the move.”

Rikki “Now Cleo, I KNOW that Kim would have been pushing your out the door, but what about the rest of your fam?”

Cleo “Put it this way, I’m going to have to find a new dolphin to have a crush on me!!! I’m soooo going to miss [dolphin] Ronnie.”

Rikki “So, we’re all heading for a new home then!!!”

Emma “Any place with my 3 best friends will be AWESOME!!!”

Bella “I don’t know bout the rest of you, but I’m keen on swimming down to the Bay, and not at warp either. It’ll be like a seeing-the-sights road trip, except under water.”

Rikki saves Elliot [h2o series 1, episode 6]

otherthatwheniflashedhim.jpg

Cleo finally embraces her tail – so to speak – and mer-swims for the 1st time [h2o series 1, episode 3]

1stswim.jpg

Cleo gets caught in a fishing trawler net – Emma & Rikki save her [h2o series 1, episode 3]

Cleorescue.jpg

Cleo uses her power to clean her fish tank the easy way - tank water with fish inside floats near ceiling [h2o series 1, episode 5]

floatingfish.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 11 is atop page 63 of the handwritten draft.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Ranger 1, glad you are enjoying. Hope you like the chapter below …. including the beginning of the betrayal !!!!!!!!

CHAPTER 12

Cleo “Yeah, we can play tag with each other AND with any dolphins we see.”

Emma “Sounds like a good plan to me. We’ll have to hire a moving van to haul all of our things to the Bay.”

Rikki “Yeah, I can’t see my dad taking my suitcases on a trailer behind Thelma.”

Rikki, Bella & Emma respectively phone their ex b/f’s Zane, Will & Ash – each of whom KNOWS the secret. For Bella, the move, and the chat with Will, is especially weird - given that Summer Bay resident Romeo looks just like Will.

Emma also phones Charlotte – who oh so briefly [ONE month] was a mermaid. Charlotte is most surprised that Emma has phoned her at all, to say nothing of the news that a whole town knows THAT secret AND that the girls' new friend Bella also has a tail.

Whilst all that is going on, in Yabby Creek, a Summer Bay resident buys some new equipment at a computer store. It could be for any number of legitimate, legal purposes – but THIS purchase is NOT for anything like that. The reason why this person has bought new equipment is to use it for the ULTIMATE betrayal of the Bay’s soon to be new residents!!!!!

Later that day, Cleo [with her besties and her dad with her] goes to the marine park. Cleo hands in her resignation [for her job at the park] but that’s not the REAL reason she is here.

Cleo has one last tearful daily mer-swim with Ronnie, a dolphin who, in the past, developed quite a crush on the dark skinned, dark haired mermaid. Cleo knows that she will see Ronnie again, but it won't be an everyday thing anymore. Although Cleo can’t communicate with Ronnie, she HOPES that he understands her sitch. Although Cleo’s fish tank, with ALL its colorful living contents, WILL be going with her to Summer Bay, it’s like Ronnie is the pet that Cleo has to leave behind.

Before Don helps Cleo out of the water – and Rikki uses her power to quick dry her, Cleo kisses Ronnie on the nose – and, as she walks away form his enclosure, Cleo can’t help it as she looks back towards her fave dolphin. Indeed, it’s ALL TOO MUCH for Cleo, and she BURSTS into tears. Emma, Cleo’s oldest dearest friend, comforts her with a hug. Cleo KNOWS that she can see Ronnie anytime [warp swim etc] but it’s just not the same. Cleo slowly composes herself and, as she walks away, she waves goodbye to her aquatic friend. [see pics below of Cleo & Ronnie]

The mer-girls then meet up with Max Hamilton [who, 50 years ago, befriended 3 teen girls, who, like Emma & co, were changed into mermaids] and Miss Chatham [one of those 3 girls who, in the 1960s, became a mermaid – the same way that Rikki et al did].

Max wishes them all well in their new hometown, whilst Miss Louise Chatham, as mystically and cryptically as ever, warns the girls of DANGER in their new home town - BUT she also talks of ALL of them find the GREATEST of HAPPINESS there as well.

After Emma et al have said goodbye and walked away form Max & Miss Chatham, Bella comments on how intriguing Miss Chatham is. Cleo responds by telling Bella that Lewis once referrred to Miss Chatham as Yoda, and that he’s probably right. [see pics below of Miss Chatham now AND when she was teenage mermaid - with her 2 besties, Julia & Gracie. BTW, Gravie is played by current “Neighbours” star Ashleigh Brewer]

It's now mid afternoon, and Bella & her besties have packed up ALL their things which are now on a moving van heading for Summer Bay. Rikki, Emma, Bella, Cleo are their fams [even Bella’s busy parents and Cleo’s bio mum] meet up at the mer-girls fave secluded spot on the beach. It’s TOTALLY hugs all round, especially tween Emma & Elliott AND even tween Cleo & Kim. The 4 girls run into the ocean, and their fams see -side by side - the 4 large tail fins slap like whale tails against the surface of the ocean, before Rikki & co dive DEEP into the ocean – heading for one more goodbye.

The girls head for Mako Island – and enter the moon pool via the underwater entrance. THIS is the place where Emma, Rikki & Cleo were turned into mermaids AND where Bella, Cleo & Rikki used their powers, along with the magic of this most mystical of places, to stop a COMET from OBLITERATING !!!!! the Earth several months ago !!!!! [see pic below of Mako Island]

To the girls, it's like this place is another mum to them – as, on a night about 3 years ago, Rikki, Emma & Cleo 1st discovered this place – this mystical body of water beneath the cone of an ancient, long dormant volcano. On the night of a full moon, this place turned 3 ordinary teen girls into mermaids – with a similar occurance happening to Bella in Ireland when she was just 9 years old. Mermaids with not only tails & scales - but powers over the h2o AND larger puppies!!! [see the pic below to see the magical water effect, water bubbles rising to the sky, with Miss Chatham & co – whatever that does changes ppl in the moon pool - on the night of a FULL MOON - into mermaids].

Bella, Cleo, Rikki & Emma look lovingly at each other AND all around the magical place, before they begin the swim to Summer Bay.

As the awesome foursome swim, they DO encounter several dolphins AND play tag with those dolphins AND each other. They also admire all the many species of fish that they encounter on the journey south to their new home town.

As they swim, in Summer Bay, a person who agreed to keep their secret can WAAAAAAAAY see the $$$$$ in turning the mermaids into a being known ALL around the world phenomenon BUT this person KNOWS that without THAT plane crash footage, there’s no reason for ANYONE [media, scientist etc] to even begin to listen to their tale bout mermaids. This person bought some new computer equipment so to HACK into the computer where the footage is being stored, BUT the footage WON'T be easy to get their hands on – as it’s been UBER encrypted!!!!

Bella & her friends arrive in the Bay. They find a secluded spot - the rocks beyond the rock pool [where KK often met up in secret] – to come ashore and the 4 let the warm Summer Bay sun dry them [back into "land mode"], rather than Rikki, before they head off to their new home.

Rachel & Tony eagerly greet their new housemates and the 4 girls are pleased that their seemingly leisurely swim was fast enough that they got here before the delivery van has – with all their clothes etc.

Bella & the others were sooo pleased when Rachel & Tony offered to let the 4 of them live at their house. The girls weren’t that keen on all of them not living at the same house in their new home town. Sure, each of the 4 lived with their own fams on the Gold Coast, but being roomies now feels SOOOOOO right. There was a suggestion of, say, 2 of them living with Jarlie [at Leah’s old house] and 2 at Adelle’s, but each of the 4 girls, unbeknownst to the other 3, are REALLY keen to see if they CAN live together. Being friends is 1 thing, but knowing their friends' perhaps quirky little habits - that can ONLY be found out if you live with someone - could be the deal maker or breaker.

Aside from Rachel & Tony’s house having PLENTY of room for another 4 ppl to live there, Tony especially took comfort in having Bella living here, since she looks SOOOO much like his step daughter Matilda Hunter – who’s currently in Perth, with her soon-to-be husband Ric Dalby !!!

Cleo’s 1st ever swim with Ronnie – in which he became quite besotted with her [h2o series 1, episode 16]

Ronnie.jpg

Mako Island

MakoI.jpg

Miss Chatham – then and now, incl how the girls are transformed [water bubbles etc]. In mer-form, L to R its Miss Chatham, Gracie & Julia [h2o series 1, episode 23]

e23Rikki-InTooDeep2.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 12 is towards the bottom of page 67 of the handwritten draft.

Red Ranger 1, the bits & pieces with Miss Chatham, Ronnie, Mako Island etc were soooo cooool to write. There’ll be little clues along the way before the person betraying the mer-girls will be revealed [no clues in the chapter below though]. The Hunter House may have lotsa rooms, but as you’ll see, the girls are keen to be REALLY close to each other.

CHAPTER 13

The Hunter House [Rachel & Tony’s place] has a number of bedrooms, and can easily accommodate, say, Bella & Cleo in one room and Emma & Rikki in another, BUT Rikki has other ideas …..

Rikki [to her fellow mermaids] “Guys, what would you say if I suggest that we ALL sleep in the annex – like 2 of us in each of the 2 beds. It would feel soooooo great if the 4 of us could be in the same bedroom, and the beds here are big enough for 2. Sure, they’re not as big as Em’s MASSIVE bed back home, but ….. what do you all think?”

Cleo [hoping she “gets” why Rikki has suggested this] “Will it always be the way it starts? Like, if it’s Em & I who sleep in the same bed tonight, will it always be that way?”

Rikki [not sure if Cleo is indicating that her bond with Emma is stronger than it is with Rikki] “It’s just a suggestion. It’s like, I NEVER want any of you to go away ever again – Em going away taught me that. From now on, I say we go EVERYWHERE together.”

Bella “I like the 2+2 idea – but does anyone have any, like, weird bedroom or sleeping habits? I don’t ….. but I DO sleep naked.”

Rikki “Well, it’s good that we’ve seen most of your naked bod – when you’re with tail.”

Cleo “So, back to the point I raised before. Same 2+2’s all the time – or have a different bed buddy every .…whenever?”

Rikki “DEFINITELY changing!!!!”

Emma “I like the change idea - maybe every week or so. Bella, do you REALLY? Or were you kidding?”

Bella “Not kidding – naked as the day I was born, aside form having puppies now.”

Rikki “So Em, I've got your vote. [Emma nods to confirm] Bella? Cleo?”

Cleo “I REALLY like sleeping in the same bed as Bella AND the 2 of you as well. I’m in – weekly changes at the VERY least, I say. Bella?”

Bella “Well, it’s good that I like this idea, as I’m out voted.”

Emma “This ISN’T a democracy, Bella – it’s all for one and one for all.”

Cleo “Yep. Bella, if you’re not keen, veto it!!!”

Bella “Nah. I’m in - so who’s my bed buddy this week?”

Cleo “Easy choice. We “rock, paper, scissors” it.”

Emma “That could take forever. How bout alphabetically? By 1st names - nice & orderly.”

Bella “Don’t you like me enough to chance it, Em? I mean, if we alpha, it’s Cleo & me – no offence, Cleo.”

Rikki “Randomness is good - I like “rock, paper, scissors” too."

Emma “Well, “rock, paper, scissors” it is then.”

Rikki “Oh, and since this was all MY idea, you 3 can fight it out to who sleeps with me 1st.”

Cleo “Rikki …… No, don’t worry.”

Rikki “What is it, Cleo?”

Emma “Rikki, are you saying what I think you are saying? and Cleo, are you thinking what I think you are thinking?”

Bella “Or, in ENGLISH, Rikki, are you keen to “bed” one ... or ALL of us?”

Rikki “Eventually …. Hey, that was SOOOO much EASIER to say that I thought it would be. I REALLY love ALL 3 of you - but I don’t known if you feel the same way. I’d never really had any friends at all before I met Em & Cleo and now you Bella. It’s like I KNOW that I have FAR greater feelings for the 3 of you than I did for Zane. I just wasn’t sure bout certain things – does any friendship with a person of the same sex feel like the same way that I feel for each of you 3? ……. and did? no, DO any of you have those kinds of feelings bout me? AND until Em’s return, a 3some - aside from in the bedroom, if we ever got there - wouldn’t be fair on someone – the person watching the other 2 kiss. ….. OK, I think I’ve talked enough – any of you want to take the floor at this point? … but it’s like, Cleo, You’re the most CARING, sweet, girl, no PERSON I know and Em, it’s SOOOOOO an opposites attract thing tween us, and Bella, it’s your strength AND, well, your humility - not LAUDING it over us that you’ve had a tail, like, FOREVER !!!! OK, that’s me REALLY done this time”.

Rikki is worried when there’s nothing but silence for seemingly a MILLENNIUM after her BIG revelation – and Rikki is REALLY worried because she's not one to bare her soul that often. Rikki’s got one hell of a tough exterior, with a smart mouth to match, but inside, Rikki LONGS to be loved ….. especially by those she cares about most – Cleo, Emma & Bella. It’s like when Elliot had a crush on Rikki, and she UBER rejected him, and he ran away. When she found him, Rikki said to Elliot “I’m used to ppl not liking me, but when they LIKE me, it's not so easy. I feel ….. fenced in, and I don’t handle that very well.” [see pics below]

Also, in the midst of the seemingly UBER long silence, Rikki also thinks bout when she kept her home, at a caravan park, a secret from Emma & Cleo & her then b/f Zane, and pretended that she lived at a well-to-do house like they all do. As ever, logical Emma said it best back then … “If you can’t be yourself around him [Zane], then it’s YOU who has the problem!!!” [see pics below]

In reality, the time that Rikki imagines is an eternity [tween when she poured her haert out and when someone else speaks] is ............ only about ½ a minute, but Rikki’s WAAAAAY worried that she’s crossed TOO big a line in the sand.

It’s Cleo who breaks the silence, when she says “Rikki, THIS is what I LOVE bout you. You’re ALWAYS the BRAVE one. I've been feeling the same way as you - right down to the 3’s a crowd thing. All 3 of you are just the BEST more then friends a girl could ever want. ….. Hey, what Miss Chatham said – she was RIGHT …. the greatest of happiness. Yep, I’m here in a room with the 3 ppl who mean EVERYTING to me.”

Cleo hugs Rikki, then Emma & then Bella, before …..

Emma “I went out with Byron & Ash, but I KNEW that neither of them was “the one”. Cleo, I’ve known you, and loved you, FOREVER. Rikki, I LOVE that you keep me on my toes, and Bella, how can I not ADORE a person who saved my life even before she met me face to face – AND you sleep naked !!!”

Bella “All I can say is that, I’ve gone form being basically all alone in the world to having 3 awesome ppl that I can’t wait to kiss and cuddle and get all carnal with – eventually.”

The 4some muchly group hug – with each totally in love with the other 3 that they are hugging. When the hug ends, the 4 look VERY lovingly at each other before …..

Rikki “I don’t think I can wait any longer. Oh, this is SOOOOO the problem with having 3 UBER hot g/f’s that I’m soooooo in love with ……. Who to kiss 1st? …. I LOVE all of you, but I choose …. Cleo!!! …… I’ve known you the longest. Any objections? I’m sooooo new to this.”

Bella “We all are – and besides, kinda feels right for me to give Em another kiss of life, so to speak."

Emma “Sounds GREAT to me. Cleo, your thoughts?”

Cleo “Just one. Pucker up, Rikki”

Scenes from the ep where Rikki says “I’m used to ppl not liking me ……. “ [h2o series 1, episode 6]

YL.jpg

Scenes from my fave EVER ep of h2o “Wrong Side Of The Tracks” ........

in which Emma says “If you can’t be yourself around him …….” [h2o series 2, episode 8]

WS.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 13 is midway on page 72 of the handwritten draft.

Red Ranger 1, LOVE your comments.

Actually, last night I was thiking of a variation on this fic ….. that I might do in future.

Its like, same plane crash, but Emma’s not aboard, but Bella, Rikki & Cleo’s powers have recently been enhanced by the full moon so they are like superheroes of the ocean [hearing ALL pleas for help for ppl in trouble in the oceans of the world] …. The vid footage busts them, so the 3 ask the ppl of the Bay to keep their secret, but … with just 3 mermaids in the bay, Rikki and RUBY [taking a leaf out her mum’s book] get together …. as do Bella & Cleo!!!! That alternate version is just a thought at the moment!!!!

CHAPTER 14

At EXACTLY the same time that Rikki is baring her soul …. and subsequently choosing which one of her g/f’s she will kiss 1st, Watson [police station] informs Charlie of several more quick fire attempts to hack into the computer with THAT footage. There were a few attacks whilst the mer-girls were swimming down the coast to their new home, but it seems the attempts have been amped up several notches. Charlie knows that Rikki et al have arrived back in their new home town – as Rachel phoned Charlie earlier. Ruby’s mum is sure its common knowledge that the mer-girls have kept their word and have returned to the Bay.

Of course, what Charlie & Watson and the YC police are doing is providing unofficial assistance to Jai & Miles. After all, if THAT footage was on a police computer, that could lead to someone outside this town [who isn't immediate fam etc] to know bout these amazing girls - with their glowing skin, powers over water AND those awesome, no longer just the stuff of myth, tails!!!!

Charlie sees ALL of this as like an unofficial witness protection case - and its worrying to her that the attempts to hack in have increased. Charlie CAN see the obvious monetary or fame benefits that will no doubt be gained by being the one to expose Emma & her friends to the world BUT the thought of ANYONE in captivity for reasons like this seems, well, just plain wrong. Indeed, Charlie imagines that, maybe, in a slightly different world to the one we live in, what if ppl with diabetes - like Ruby - were locked up, or even DISSECTED!!! [to use a fave word of the mer-girls] just for being different?

All Charlie REALLY knows for certain right now, is she REALLY wants to "nail" the person/persons trying to get their hands on THAT footage.

Meanwhile, at the Hunter House, Rikki is thinking that although she's full on kissed [i.e. pashed] someone before, THAT was with a boy [Zane] and Rikki is REALLY looking fwd to kissing her 1st ever true friend of any kind, Cleo. Indeed, Rikki and Cleo move eagerly closer to each other. Their lips softly touch each other. BOTH girls are soooo liking this - it's kinda strange - going girl on girl, but GREAT at the same time. Naturally, it’s Rikki who chances it by starting to turn this into a full on tonsil hockey kiss!!! and Cleo LOVES how forward that Rikki is. Cleo joins in - both are now French kissing each other, AND softy caressing their new girlfriend!!! with their hands.

It’s the same story for Emma & Bella. It's Emma who is 1st to use her tongue tween this pair - and, although she hasn’t known Emma that long, it surprises but WAY pleases Bella, as Emma seems so prissy & uptight sometimes, but she's not that way as the 2 girls tonsil hockey each other.

Both couples seemingly kiss forever, whilst caressing each other's bods gently, before they come up for air.

Bella "Em, that was SOOO the most awesome kiss I’ve ever had!!!”

Emma "WAAAY likewise !!!"

Cleo "Don’t get to attached guys, you haven’t kissed me yet."

Emma "Let's change that right now. Rikki, mind if I kiss Cleo before I kiss you?"

Rikki "No probs. You're OBVIOUSLY saving the best for last."

Each of the 4 is more confident this time - after all, the 1st girl on girl kiss barrier is out of the way.

Emma & Cleo, life long fiends, eagerly way kiss each other - these 2 have been through SOOOOO much together, and both don't want the other [or Bella & Rikki] to go away for months on end [like Emma did] EVER again.

Nearby, Bella LOVES that Rikki is even MORE a firebrand when she is kissing than she is with the rest of her life. For Rikki, this loner girl until she met Cleo & Emma, it;s ALL a dream come true - 3 more-than-GREAT friends, and the bonus that each of them is an UBER hottie!!!! As she kisses Bella, the emotion, the hotness, the awesomeness of it all !!!! Rikki NEVER thought of taking things to the next level with Zane, but she IS keen to loose her virginity, in time, to one of these 3 buxom babes.

The awesome 4some swap partners again - it's now Emma & Rikki and Cleo & Bella.

Both Emma and especially Rikki sense that the other is keen on tongue kissing each other straight away. There's a brief, gentle kiss on the lips tween them before things get into PASH mode. Rikki, like Bella & Cleo, is surprised but LOVING it that althjough Emma's sooo cool and calculating in most things, but she's DEF a different animal when she’s in the throws of passion!!! Emma, like Cleo & Bella, LOVES how fiery Rikki is - and she seems to be even more so when she’s lip locking. Indeed, Emma thinks - maybe Rikki was right, maybe Emma has saved the best for last - not that Emma would ever admit that to Rikki [as they're BOTH roo competei9tive for that]. Emma, as she & Rikki UBER French kiss each other, knows tat Rikki has a different [more hard & fast] style than Bella & Cleo - but that’s what Emma LOVES bout her pigtailed friend, no, GIRLFRIEND !!!!

Meanwhile, Cleo & Bella are oh so tonsil hockeying each other as well. There’s a special connection tween these two - Cleo was the 1st person EVER, other that Bella herself of course, to know that Bella is a mermaid - when they joined forces to "save" Rikki from what turned out to be the way that Bella, Rikki & Cleo found out about AND were able to stop a COMET form destroying the Earth. Bella LOVES that Cleo kisses the way she does everything else - there's a gorgeous, sweet gentleness to Cleo, even when she's tongue kissing you like there's no tomorrow !!!!

For Cleo, even though she knows that Bella hasn’t kissed a lot of ppl AND is the same age as Cleo, there’s a sense that Bella is, well, the cougar of the group - yep, Bella's a well travelled old soul - who's REALLY loving the idea of settling down with Emma, Cleo & Rikki.

When the liplocking is over [for now], all 4 are TOTALLY on a high, but, of course, it’s Emma who brings some reality into what's just happened ……..

Emma “I don’t know bout the rest of you, but I think we should tell each tell our fams bout this AWESOME new ‘ship of ours right away – and we should tell Rach & Tony too.”

Bella “Should be a sinch – compared to our other revelation.”

Rikki “Dad will be happy for me, I think.”

Cleo “Kim’s gonna have a field day with this. My parents and step mum, I hope they’re OK with it. They seemed to cope with my other secret – it helped with my dad that I’m a creature of the deep. Oh, and although Lewis & I aren't together any more, I’m going to tell him too – late tonight, with the time difference tween here and the USA and all.”

Rikki “Cleo, you’re thinking of that mock wedding that the 2 of you had before he went away [Cleo nods] .... where I made things look as though that were further into the future, by pretending as though I’m preggers !!!” [see pic below]

Emma “This new home town of ours – it shouldn’t be a problem, and Rachel & Tony were at Jarlie’s engagement party … that I PLANE crashed!!!!”

Bella “Let’s just drink all of this in for a bit – tell ppl, like, after all of our clothes & things arrive here, and we’ve unpacked.”

Emma “Sounds like a good plan. [pause] Back to a point Cleo made “centuries” ago, Rikki, who do you want to cuddle up to tonight?”

Rikki “I’m DEF getting soppy in my “old age” – I LOVE you all, but gotta make a choice – I choose ….. Emma!!!”

Bella [excitedly] “That’s AWESOME !!!”

Rikki [bewilderedly] “Huh ????”

Bella “Well, you kissed Cleo 1st and you’re going to share a bed 1st with Em. That could, should mean you’ll be my 1st? AND that you want me to be your 1st?”

Rikki “This 4some business is complicated ….. but it’s SOOOOO worth it, and Bella, I have NO idea. We’ll cross that bridge later.”

Cleo “Bella, I’ve never slept naked before.”

Bella “Not asking you to – besides, you’re HOT enough with clothes on.”

There’s a knock on the annex door – it’s Rachel, informing the girls that the moving van [with all their things] has arrived.

A behind the scenes pic – in which it looks like Rikki is pregnant at a wedding [h2o series 3, most likely from episode 13]

Cleo-Lewiswed.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 14 is at the bottom of page 78 of the handwritten draft.

Red Ranger 1, see below for the various fam responses !!!

Oh, and the whole hacker story, I really liked that way it involves many Baysiders – the police, the hacker/hackers … so it IS a true H&A/h20 crossover !!!

CHAPTER 15

Soon after, Rikki and her g/f’s have unpacked all their things, and set them up in the new home. Cleo is especially pleased to see that all her fish seem to have settled in well to their new home too – its the same fish tank etc, so it’s like all of Cleo’s fish have a truly mobile home.

It’s time to phone their fams ……..It’s Emma who is worried the most, but at least THIS isn’t a secret that she’s keep from them for ages - well, not really anyway. Emma like that there’s actually a g/f, or 3, to tell her parents about. Both her mum & dad are naturally surprised. Emma always seemed like the perfect, high achieving STRAIGHT LACED daughter they always wanted, but at least they know one thing – this ISN’T just a passing phase, as Emma doesn't do ANYTHING [clearly] half heartedly.

Emma isn’t keen on lying to Elliot again [by not telling him bout her new lifestyle] but she’s also a tad concerned bout how he will take this. She’s not surprised that he’s not that keen on Emma’s latest revelation – but it’s not for the reason that she thinks. Elliot tells Emma that he REALLY likes the idea of an all girl 4some – except that she’s part of it. Emma IS relieved though when her younger brother tells her that it’s the same as it being totally GREAT that a girl you talk to each day is, like, the centrefold in “Playboy” – except if the girl is your sister !!!!!

Rikki, like she kinda imagined, have fewer troubles with her new revelation – after all, being gay is LOT more normal than being a mermaid. Terry knows his daughter is REALLY close to her friends but being in LOVE with all of them!!! – especially when Rikki mentions the planned bed hopping. Rikki does admits that the whole sitch does her head in sometimes, but Bella, Cleo & Emma are the best … everything – friends, kissers, lovers a girl could want.

When Cleo tells her fam, it naturally reinforces Kim’s view tat Cleo is quite probably the weirdest creature EVER to set foot on Earth. Don is concerned that his divorce from Cleo’s bio mum affected Cleo’s outlook on life, but Cleo admits tat she’s had SERIOUS feelings for Emma & Rikki form pretty much soon after she met Rikki [a year of so before Cleo’s parents split].

Bella’s mum & dad are also concerned tat their jet set, busy lifestyle may have affected Bella’s perspective on life. Bella admits that it has – but in a good way. If they weren’t so busy in Ireland about 10 years ago, Bella may never have gone off wandering by herself and found the place where she was transformed - AND if they hadn’t come to the Gold Coast, Bella never would have met Cleo, Rikki and Emma. [see you tube link below to Bella’s transformation]

All the girls’ fams are of course more that a little surprised BUT, in a way, it’s the best sitch of all – the girls all know exactly what each of their g/f’s in going through, both in terms am having a tail AND all being girl on girl 1st timers. Also, their fams’ know that unless the laws of Australia change, any wedding type ceremony tween the 4 would be an unofficial one – especially since it’s only recently that same sex marriages became legal throughout Oz.

When those phone calls are done, Emma & her g/f’s tell Tony & Rachel bout what’s going on. It’s certainly not what Rach & her hubby were expecting when they agreed to let the 4 girls stay with them, but both are pleased that the girls have already ALL told their fams bout their new sitch – AND that the girls have told Rachel & Tony as well.

Tony comments bout how much “fun” it will be having 4 hormonal teens living with them – and Bella admits that she lost perspective a little with she was going out with Will. Well, more to the point, she wasn’t as focused as she should be in all things to do with being a mermaid. [see pics below]

Indeed, Bella’s admission leads Cleo to tell Rachel & Tony about another part of their mermaidness – the “fun” the girls have had on the nights of a FULL MOON, including the totally out of character behaviour of the usually UBER tactful Emma. It’s like, during her dad’s birthday, the full moon affected Emma said to an aunt “Is that a new [tartan] skirt, or did you borrow our picnic rug?” [see pics below]

Cleo tells Rachel & Tony that it’s not ALL bad. Indeed, it was GREAT when the full moon gave her a siren song voice – which made LOTS of teen boys LUST after Cleo, but only until the full moon set, which is when Cleo got her normal [i.e. terrible] singing voice back [see pics of Cleo below AND Pics also of when Rikk was affected by the full moon].

The doctor in Rachel is really piqued by all this goss that the mer-girls are affected by the full moon – especaily when Rikki tells Rachel that, until Emma got moon struck, Rikki didn’t believe Miss Chatham’s cryptic warning about the moon. Indeed, before Emma got entranced, Rikki commented to Cleo [at Emma’s dad party] “We’re mermaids, not werewolves.”

Emma assures Rachel that when the girls are VERY careful, which they TRY to always be, the full moon doesn’t affect them.

Rachel decides to press further – hoping that the girls living with her gives Rachel some leeway that others in the Bay don’t have ……

Rachel “I know you said it is in the vault bout how you got to be the way you all are, but the full moon has got SOMETHING to do with the way you are now?”

Cleo [having quickly conferred with her 3 g/f’s] “Let’s just say that, yes, the man in the moon - well, he’s our mer-dad, BUT our mer-mums, that’s BEYOND in the vault.”

Rachel “Sorry, mer-mums? PLURAL???”

Rikki “Yes, plural. Rachel, I KNOW we are living at your house – but what part of IN THE VAULT are you NOT getting????”

Emma “Yeah, questions like that could land us in Dr Baywatch Babe-ville.”

Bella “I haven’t been there – and SOOOOO don’t any want to.”

Emma [uBER changing the subject] “I think the 4 of us should head out – to publicly show off our AWEOME new ‘ship.”

Rikki “Great idea – but let’s not have me choose who kisses who 1st in public.”

Cleo “I’ll make the call if you want.”

Bella “I’m easy. Sorry, I’m GOOD with that. I’m not “easy” – I’ve only ever been on a handful of dates in my life. Anyway Cleo, you were saying?”

Cleo “I choose …….. Emma !!! but I can’t wait to publicly pash Bella & Rikki as well.”

Tony “Just a warning, girls. If you are heading for the diner, Colleen especially is “old school” and “could” have issues.”

Rikki “At least we won't have any trouble with Charlie and ESPECIALLY Joey. Ruby and the others seem like pretty cool ppl too.”

Rachel “Nicole could be a bit “funny” when she sees the 4 of you. A girl named Freya kissed her last year, and before Jarlie got together, Joey asked Nicole out on a date. Nicole is straight btw.”

Bella “Thanks for the heads up. This girl on girl stuff is soooooo like our tails, different – but SOOOO worth it,”

Rikki “Soooo true [as she hugs Bella, with Emma & Cleo following their lead].

As the 4some bail from the Hunter house, Charlie & Watson [police station] are eagerly trying to discover just who it is that is trying to get their hands of THAT footage. Whoever it is is covering their [hacking] tracks well. Charlie wonders to herself just who would do this. Who’s maybe fearful enough of ppl that are different? Maybe it’s someone in financial trouble – so the rewards of exposing the girls would ease those monetary burdens? It’s not like the Bay hasn’t seen all kinds of dodgy ppl in this “sleep, little town” over the years. Charlie thinks that John Palmer is always pushing the enviro message - but he’s also keen on ANY publicity opportunity. Charlie mostly trusts Hugo – but maybe he is the one doing this. Also, as much as she would like to think that it’s Colleen [who wants to blab this UBER gossip to the rest of the world], Charlie doubts the idea.

Charlie also wonders that with the girls’ abilities, Cleo’s especially, that MAYBE it WOULD be for the greater good of the planet that everyone on Earth knows – and as they track the attempt to hack into the computer with THAT footage, Charlie & Watson talk bout the girls. Especially how, even in the humanoid form, they can control water. Watson comments that it reminds her of the 90s TV drama “Roswell” - with human looking aliens on Earth who use a LOT more of their brains than Earth humans do. Also, they wonder bout Emma et al when they are in mer-mode – their upper body looks human, but how different are the girls internally? To say nothing about wondering how these seemingly ordinary teens were transformed into mermaids in the 1st place!!! These are all questions Charlie & Watson can't answer, but the more times the hacker tries to get hold of THAT footage, the better “picture” that Charlie & the police have of whoever it is. [see "Roswell" link below]

The phone rings – and Charlie is concerned when Watson tells her Bella is on the line ….

Charlie [VERY officially] “Senior Constable Buckton speaking.”

Bella “Charlie, at ease before you SPRAIN something. Sorry, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to say that. Anyway, I wonder if you’d meet the 4 of us at the diner. We’ve got something to tell you. Oh, and could you contact Joey? Will be great if she is there too.”

Charlie “Sounds curious. I’ll head off as soon as I can, which is after I contact Joey.’

Bella “Sound great, see you there. Later, Charlie.”

As Bella, Cleo, Emma & Rikki head toward the diner, they encounter Ruby & Annie.

Bella tells Will bout how/when etc she 1st turned into a mermaid – love seeing 9 yo Bella [h2o series 3, episode 10]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDK9y4ArefE

“Roswell” TV series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201391/

Emma gets full moon struck [h2o series 1, episode 7]

FME.jpg

Cleo and her siren song voice [h2o series 1, episode 12]

FMC.jpg

Rikki gets full moon struck – causing her heating power to go OFF THE SCALE [h2o series 1, episode 18]

FMR-1.jpg

Bella is enveloped in a tentacle from the moon pool – during a full moon !!! [h2o series 3, episode 8]

FMB1.jpg

FMB2.jpg

FMB3.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!! [on Jan 2, 2010 !!!!!!]

Note – the end of Chapter 15 is at midway down page 85 of the handwritten draft.

PREVIEW

Before this mer-tale ends, the person/persons trying to get hold of THAT footage will …..

take someone hostage !!!!! AND take aim at Irene’s car with a rifle !!!!

Red Ranger 1, there’s a clue as to who the hacker in the chaopter below [page 91 of the draft] – and the person that Charlie & co are after is REVEALED on about page 105. COOOOOOL that you picked up my Trek-Voyager reference – it’s such a GREAT line form Janeway to Ensign Kim.

CHAPTER 16

Ruby offers to take the girls on a tour of the Bay, but whilst Rikki et al are keen, they also don't want to delay their meeting with Jarlie – so they decline the tour for the time being.

As the 6 girls briefly chat, Annie goes close a few times to saying the M word [mermaid], and its kinda awkward but good when Annie refers to the mer-girls as Angels. Also, Ruby is intrigued when Rikki says that she & her friends now have something in common with Charlie.

Furthermore, Rikki gets a weird sense about Ruby – she knows that they’ve not met before, but she feels like she’s kinda met Ruby. Rikki wonders if she & Ruby had met, and had been good friends even, in a past life. To Rikki, especially NOW, anything is possible – after all, she’s a mermaid with THREE ultra hot g/f’s!!! [see pics of below of Rikki & Ruby in a “past life”]

Cleo & her girlfriends enter the diner – after being able to convince Annie & Ruby not to join them in there. Charlie’s in uniform and in many ways that helps. After all, here’s an authority figure who’s proudly in a same sex ‘ship.

After Bella et al sit with Jarlie, Charlie expressed her concerns – have the mer-girls have verbally or physically threatened? The response, that the 4 good friends are now REALLY girlfriends is unexpected, but pretty coooooool. Joey likes that these amazing girls are like her now, in terms of their sexuality – and Joey kinda wishes, at times, that she too has a tail. Joey knows that it’s not all plain sailing of Bella & her g/f’s - but to have the connection they do to the h2o would be AWESOME.

Charlie’s not sure how to respond to the news – it’s like, will this news, once it “breaks”, help or hinder her unofficial investigation? On the other hand, it’s kinda nice to know that she’s now not in the ONLY same sex ‘ship in the Bay.

Charlie IS more than a little surprised when Rikki ask Jarlie bout their bedroom habits – like, have Jarlie sexually been girl on girl? AND is there an adult store around here?

Charlie know that the girls can’t get pregnant form girl on girl sex, but even though they are living with Rachel & Tony, Charlie now feels REALLY maternal towards them – even the well traveled, UBER mature Bella.

Charlie “Girls, I know that you’ve been friends for quite a while, but do you think it’s wise to start sleeping with each other straight away?”

Rikki “I was more so asking if we’d have to go further afield – like the city or online – when we deiced to go there, and besides, even if we gets some “toys” now, doesn’t mean that we’ll use them straight away. I know I can be in the moment sometimes, but I’m still more level headed than ANY boy when it comes to sex.”

Charlie “That’s encouraging to know."

Bella “So, have the 2 of you slept together?”

And whilst Charlie is surprised at the forwardness of the query ……

Joey [beamingly] “Put it this way, THIS is the awesome woman who I’ll always rem that I lost my virginity to”.

Joey knows that’s technically a lie, but her actual 1st time – being RAPED by Robbo – is something she is UBER keen to forget.

Cleo “We’re all virgins. You’ll have to give us some tips – when we go there. Maybe that should be now, especially with Bella sleeping the way she does – naked and all. It’s such a GREAT word, isn’t it? Naked!!!”

Bella “Does that mean you’ll be the same as me tonight?”

Cleo “We’ll see.”

Emma “Cleo, I NEVER thought of you as being this forward. I guess I’ve been away for a while …. and even before that, your confidence since you embraced your tail has been amazing.”

Rikki “I’m with Em on this one - and besides, we know the way that straight ppl do it. So getting back to my point, any adult shops round here?”

Joey “Here’s the [business] card of the place we go to.”

Charlie [although she’s not exactly sure bout saying what she’s about to - like, is she condoning a quick consummation of the 4some?] “The staff there are quite helpful.”

Emma [after looking at business card] “Not that we know this area that well, but I haven’t heard of that town.”

Joey “It’s a town bout an hour from here. Not really that convenient for us – compared to when a guy hasn't got that far to go when he wants protection.”

Colleen is keeping an eye of Jarlie and the mer-girls – and Charlie knows it too.

Charlie “Girls, I’ll remind you that this isn’t the most progressive town in the world. My 'ship with Joey has encountered some disapproval, so the 4 of you together “might” want to be cautious, especially on top of your other secret. We’re already attempting to stop someone form hacking onto the computer with THAT footage on it, and, depending on who the person/persons are, your new ‘ship could make things worse for you.”

Rikki “Yeah, but we can’t live THIS part of out lives in fear. Being in a same sex ‘ship WON’T get us dissected.”

Cleo “And besides that, if you are talking bout Colleen over there, Rachel & Tony gave us the heads up bout that.”

Emma “Should be good if you 2 are here though – safety in numbers.”

Bella “You don’t have to start all this, like kiss each other and all, just helps that you both are here – and soooooooooo in love.”

Charlie “Trying not to rush you girls, but I’ve got to head back to the station.”

Joey “Will be kinda weird NOT being the center of the Summer Bay gossip universe any more.”

Colleen, naturally, is a tad surprised when Emma & Cleo AND Bella & Rikki kiss each other. She RUSHES to the kitchen and tells Leah, who looks out to the dining area.

Leah “Colleen, I thought you said Emma & Cleo were kissing?”

Colleen “I did.”

Leah “Well, unless you got the names wrong, it ISN’T that way now.”

Colleen looks again – and it’s true. Emma & Rikki and Cleo & Bella are now lip locked. Joey looks on with BIG smile on her face, whilst Charlie is more reserved, but joyous, for the mer-girls.

Colleen almost faints when the 4some change partners once more – Emma & Bella and Rikki & Cleo are kissing.

Charlie [sternly] “Girls, I THINK that’s enough. Leah, who owns this place – and is one of the most placid ppl I kop, is DEATH STARING you all right now.”

Emma [after the kissing quickly stops] “Sorry.”

Charlie “I KNOW that you’re all in love, but some restraint wouldn’t hurt.”

Rikki “Shouldn’t be a problem now - that we’ve all publicly kissed for the 1st time.”

Cleo “That was even more cooool that I thought it would be. Bella, can't wait to cuddle up in bed with you tonight.”

Bella “Soooo likewise.”

Charlie bails to go back to work, and Rikki and her g/f’s bail as well. They see Ruby neaby and look forward to tell her their BIG news. Ruby IS keen to hear it, but suggest that they tell her on the way to Yabby Creek – as Ruby & Nicole are going there to at the very least window shop.

After the 6 teens catch the bus to Yabby Creek, Ruby & especially Nicole are a “tad” shocked by the 4some’S BIG new news, incl the reaction of Jarlie, Leah and Colleen – and as they wander about Yabby Creek mall, Bella has an idea - but she isn’t sure how her g/f’s will react. Also, Ruby & co say hello to Martha – just after she had exited the bank.

As the afternoon passes, Watson and Charlie get increasingly frustrated. Whoever it is that is trying to hack into THAT footage, is also VERY elusive – as the police are constantly reaching dead ends or false IDs as to who it is.

That night, Bella decides too much has happened to talk to her 3 g/f’s bout a idea for a new business – and besides, this day of 1st’s isn’t over yet, as Bella looks forward to cuddling up with Cleo in bed tonight.

Cleo has one last thing before she heads of to bed. She phones Lewis in the USA.

Lewis “Hi Cleo, how’s everything?”

Cleo “You have NO idea how COOOOL things are for me right now!!!”

Lewis “I get the feeling this is more than just that you like it that your fam, and the town where you now live, know your secret.”

Cleo “Yep, it's more than that. Actually it’s a LOT more. Lewis, you know how close I am to Em, Rikki & Bella. Well, now I’m soooooooo much closer. I’ve KISSED all of them. I want to “BED” all of them – eventually. They now REALLY are my g/f’s !!!!!!!!”

Lewis “I …… I don’t know what to say.”

Cleo “PLEASE be happy for me.”

Lewis “Of course, I’m, happy for you. It’s just such BIG news.”

Cleo “ You’re telling me – it was Rikki who started the ball rolling, of course. Oh, and our fams know – and some of the ppl in this new town of ours.”

Lewis “So that REALLY was a mock wedding of ours?”

Cleo “You sound really sad.”

Lewis “Well, this really is the end of an era.”

Cleo “ALWAYS remember that you were the 1st non mermaid to know that I’ve got a tail.”

Lewis “True. Actually …… this REALY helps things. I’ve been kinda seeing a girl I study with. Her name is Jody – and now I can ask her out.”

Cleo “She better be special – well, not AS special as Em, Bella, Rikki and me, but, Lewis, you deserve someone, well, who’s AWEOME.”

Lewis “Thanks, Cleo – and don’t worry, your secret will always be in the vault with me.”

Cleo “You’re the best friend EVER, Lewis. OK, it’s getting late here – and I’m looking forward to getting under the covers with Bella. We’re going to swap bed buddies EVERY night – and, in case, you are wondering, RIKKI is the 1st woman I ever kissed.”

Lewis “You’ll have to email me some photos. I may be different to most guys on some tings – but for girl on girl I’m not.”

Cleo “I’ll see what I can do. This Jody, she's the luckiest girl in the world – aside form me, of course. Well, its late here – so, later Lewis.”

It’s pretty late at night when ….

Bella “Just warning you all now, I like to be naked for at least 5 minutes before I get beneath the covers. Sorry, I didn't tell you sooner.”

Rikki “It’s better that you didn't. I’d have thinking bout your bod all day if you had.”

Emma [sternly] “RIKKI!!!!!”

Rikki “Em, are you saying you don't think that Bella's a hottie?”

Emma “No, I think she's awesome - it’s just the some of us are a little more … subtle than others.”

Cleo “You 2 are hopeless.”

Bella “Good cop, bad cop ….. already?”

Emma “You know us too well.”

Bella “I’m sooooo the luckiest girl in the UNIVERSE!!!”

Cleo “Hey, I don’t know if I’m going to sleep this way but how bout we ALL be the way that Bella is about to be???”

Emma “Cooooool. I’ve not seen Bella naked – and although I’ve seen Rikki & Cleo naked before, I’ll be looking at ALL of you with my “bedroom eyes” this time.”

Ruby & Rikki in a “past life” …. as Cassie & Bridget in “Blue Water Higjh”

BWHFormalWear.jpg

THOSEboards.jpg

ICantWatchThis.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 16 is towards the bottom of page 94 of the handwritten draft !!!

Red Ranger 1, I will say that my most recent 3 fics incl this one [posted to bttb] have 3 things muchly in common ….

1. Girl on girl – e.g. Maddie/Belle in both The Glowing City and Oh My God! You Killed Kimmy!!!

2. Something otherworldly – e.g. Kit having a vision of/chat to her deceased father Jack Hunter in Kiss My Arse [And Other Poses] AND

3. The baddie is the person/persons I like the least on H&A at the time – e.g. Alex & Cassie kidnapping Maddie, Belle & Annie in The Glowing City.

Add all that up, especially the last point, in conjunction with me referring to a certain character not by their actual name ALWAYS in my H&A ep summaries, and you have your answer.

CHAPTER 17

Cleo “I like the sound of that. Bella, you sooooooo have the BEST ideas !!!!”

As Bella and her g/f’s begin to remove ALL of their clothes, we …….

Cut to Leah’s old place where Geoff & Ruby are talking. Jarlie are already in bed and Geoff notes that Ruby hasn’t REALLY been here all night, so he asks her what’s going on.

Ruby “To tell you the truth, I’m a bit worried bout the way you’ll react to something.”

Geoff “To what? What’s going on? Is it to do with your diabetes?”

Ruby “No, it’s just that I know that you aren't so keen on Jarlie being together.”

Geoff “And ???"

Ruby “Well, I like the new girls – and before you say anything else, I don't like them the way that Charlie likes Joey.”

Geoff “I’m lost here.”

Ruby “Emma & her friends are TOGETHER – like Jarlie together, AND I still want to be their friend, but I’m not sure how you’ll take this.”

Geoff “OH !!!!!!!!!! ………Do you know how long they’ve been together? Were they together when they asked us to keep their scaly secret? ….And when you say they are all together, what do you mean?”

Ruby “No, they didn't know. It’s only when they all decided to share a room at Rachel & Tony's did they realize they have these feelings for each other. It’s a weird set up – the 4 of them all hooking up together, BUT I like them. They’re fun to be around – and it's cool to talk to these AMAZING, but in other ways, sooooo normal girls.”

There’s an uneasy silence for about a minute or so, and since it looks like Geoff isn’t going to respond….

Ruby [tenderly] “Geoffrey, what are you thinking right now?”

Geoff “I don’t know. Maybe this is ALL too much, I don’t think I’m that cool with the idea – especially ALL 4 of them together.”

Ruby “What does this mean for us?”

Geoff “I don’t know. I think I’ll head for home and sleep on it. Catch you tomorrow.”

Geoff bails, leaving behind a somewhat concerned Ruby.

Meanwhile, at the Hunter House, Emma & Rikki are in one bed and Cleo & Bella in the other [with the lights off in the annex].

Rikki “Em, did you EVER imagine that we'd end up like this?”

Emma “You & me naked ...... about to get all kissy & cuddly. No, but I LOVE it. I love YOU, Rikki Chadwick.”

Rikki “Same here, Emma Gilbert – since we’ve gone all nutty and formal!!!”

Emma “Nutty?”

Rikki “Hey, I’M not the one who WAAAAAAY enjoyed being SPANKED, in a good way, after we all got naked earlier tonight.”

Emma [after she giggles a bit] “Strange that Cleo & Bella aren’t “biting” - with comments like that. Although, sounds like we should be doing what they are – WAAAAAY kissing.”

Rikki “Yeah, kissing is good.”

Rikki & Emma, indeed, do MUCHLY kiss – before, like Bella & Cleo, they drift off to sleep lovingly in each other’s arms.

Next day, Charlie & Watson track yet more attempts to hack into the computer with THAT footage on it – and, better than that, the hacker – whilst not loosing their edge totally – is giving the police more to work with. Charlie knows that getting emotionally involved in her work isn’t necessarily a good thing, but she also knows that, in many ways, it's Charlie’s job that led to the VERY deep connection that Jarlie have.

Meanwhile, before they have breakfast, Emma, Bella, Cleo & Rikki walk to the rocks beyond the rock pool – for their usual early morning swim. The girls feel gladly felt the water on the skin of their legs before that skin turns quickly into scales. Bella & her g/f’s, when on the Gold Coast, swam to Mako Island and back early every morn, but now it's time to plot a new course for this daily institution of theirs. The girls decide to swim from the rocks where they are now to the base of Stewart’s Point and back. Before they do ……

Cleo "I don’t know bout the rest of you, but we should DEFINITELY kiss for the 1st time as mermaids.”

Rikki “GREAT idea, but I did my head in choosing things yesterday. Your turn to choose.”

Cleo “No probs. Indeed, I’ll take a leaf out of Em’s book and be all logical bout this. I was the 1st person to ever see Bella’s tail AND Rikki & Em, you were the 1st to see each other’s tails.”

Rikki “Em, you & I seem to be together a LOT lately. People will sooooooo start talking bout us.”

Emma “Let them.”

Rikki & Emma kiss, and Bella & Cleo do likewise – with Bella especially sooooo beyond in heaven.

At Leah’s old house, Ruby is having breakfast when Geoff arrives. She can see that he looks like he has someting is VERY muchly on his mind.

Geoff “Ruby, it’s too much – it’s ALL too much. I like being with you – and I understand you supporting Charlie’s decision to be together with Joey, but now, it's ALL too much.”

Ruby “This is about Rikki and her friends?”

Geoff “GIRLFRIENDS !!!!”

Ruby “Geoffrey, if there’s one thing I KNOW, because of what’s happened to me, is that you shouldn’t judge ppl for what they are. Well, axe murderers you can, but these are girls who like other girls … [Ruby chuckles]

Geoff “What was that laugh about?’

Ruby “Not saying that you are THIS bad, but I rem catching an ep of some trashy Oz drama and a character on the show called a lesbian “An abomination in his sight!!!!” … with the HIS referring to God I seem to recall.” [see below]

Geoff “I don’t know if I can deal with all of this.”

Ruby “Are we breaking up???”

Geoff “I just need time to think about all this. I think I might even ask Martha if I can live out on the farm for a while. Sorry”

With that, Geoff bails .......... leaving behind a bewildered [and still kinda half asleep] Ruby to wonder what on Earth just happened.

Meanwhile, beyond the rock pool, the mer-girls end their AWESOME latest games of tonsil hockey …. and head off on their swim to Stewart’s Point.

"An abomination in his sight!!!!” is a quote from 90s Oz series “Pacific Drive”, said by bible bashing Canadian Rebecca to Zoe, the latter played by the DIVNE Libby Tanner, in an ep that aired on Oz TV on same night that Fisher & Marilyn got married on H&A. I rem that because, on same night, Zoe married Rebecca’s brother, to keep him from being deported from Oz.

The show was UBER trashy, but I’ll always rem that line, and 3 others from the show. Indeed, 2 of the 3 below are from the same scene as the abomination line.

Zoe [furious as she enters Rebecca’s place] “If I had a sister like you, I’d check into an orphanage!!!!”

Zoe [just before she bails from Rebecca’s place] “Sex isn’t everything, Rebecca, which you’d know if you ever tried it!!!”

Also, and this could be my FAVE line form any TV series …. EVER ….

Amber [the show’s UBER bitch] about supermodel Brittany, who has HIV …..

“So the bimbo’s got the plague. Get over it!!!!!!!!!”

Pacific Drive ………… http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112113/

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 17 is midway down page 104 of the handwritten draft !!!

Red Ranger 1, with your comment bout reading what Geoff had to say a few times, does that mean that I wasn’t clear enough with the intent etc of that scene???

Oh, and although I had an overall synopsis etc for this fic when I started, when I got to that point in the draft, I wanted a non mer-girls or non police scene. I thought, I like Ruby, so have her in a scene, but how/why? Then I thought Bible Boy isn’t going to like an all girl 4some …. which led nicely [wasn’t planned to when I started the draft ..... or maybe it was, UBER subconsciously] to Geoff going to the farm.

Sooooo glad you are enjoying this fic !!!

CHAPTER 18

The mermaids decide that, although in the future they’ll “warp drive” to Stewart’s Point and back, today it’s time to get to know the local underwater scene. As the 4 swim [at “impulse”] deep below the surface of the ocean, Emma et al have their arms & hands, as always, stretched out in front of them - like the pointed head of a torpedo. They enjoy seeing different species of fish than they are used to when they swam near the Gold Coast, and although none of them could replace Ronnie, the girls enjoy swimming with several dolphins. [see swim pics below]

The competitive side of former conventional [human] swimming champ Emma is keen to see just how she stacks up in a “warp drive” race with Bella – but that’s for another day, as there’s lots of coooool things to explore in this new underwater wonderland. Well, new for Emma & her girlfriends anyway.

Geoff arrives at Martha’s farm – his old family home, with a big bag full of clothes etc in his hand. Martha doesn’t answer when he, at the front door, calls out to her – but he saw that her Ute is parked near the house, so she can’t be too far away.

Geoff enters the house – and as he does so, he calls out to Martha once more. Again, no response – so he looks in the longue room, as maybe she’s, like, fallen asleep on the couch maybe. Martha isn’t there BUT he sees all kinds of algorithms quickly cycling through on the screen of a laptop on the table. Geoff knows a bit about computers, but not of much as, say, Jai. He DOES realise that ALL of this seems to be for the purpose of trying to hack into something, maybe.

Geoff is startled when he hears the distinct sound of someone loading a rifle nearby. Moments later, Martha enters the longue room - the rifle in her hands is pointed at Geoff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha “You picked a BAD time to be here, Geoff. Hands on your head, or I’ll use this!!!”

Geoff [after complying with the hands on head thing] “You ARE trying to hack in – and get THAT footage??? [Martha nods] WHY??? What have the girls done to you?”

Martha “It’s not what they’ve done – it’s what they are GOING to do for me.”

Geoff “What does that mean?”

Martha “You’ll find out sooner or later. Now, start walking – head outside, and if you try anything, I’ll shoot you. Oh, and if you say another word, I’ll KILL you !!!”

Martha marches Geoff [hands still on head] out of the house – to that little wooden building near her gardens. Just before they get to the door of that building, Martha hits Geoff in the back of the head with the end of the rifle. Geoff falls to the ground – and is waaaay all groggy, so it’s pretty easy for Martha to get him into the little wooden building and tie him up. Martha then hits Geoff with the rifle AGAIN. This blow knocks him out – but Martha IS pleased that, when she checks, that he IS still breathing.

Martha goes back into the house – and check to see how her attempts to hack into THAT computer are going. No luck yet. Martha knows that someone will come looking for Geoff sooner or later – hopefully AFTER she cracks the code, and can reveal to the world the truth about the Bay’s INCREDIBLE new residents.

Speaking of whom, Cleo and her g/f’s are now back on the rocks beyond the rock pool. They REALLY enjoyed their 1st of hopefully many early morn swims to Stewart’s Point and back. The girls sit on the rocks, and decide to let the sun dry them back into “land mode” – as they are in no rush this morn.

Bella “I LOVE our new underwater playground – and speaking of having UBER fun, last night Em – you were AMAZING. I think we’ll ALL agree that whilst Rikki’s got the best PUPPIES of the 4 of us, I DEFINTELY vote that Em’s got the BEST, most SPANGINGEST arse !!!!"

Cleo “Em, you’re certainly different when you’re in the bedroom – sooooooo a GOOD thing.”

Emma just smiles, and after Rikki lays her head on what would be Emma’s thigh if she were in “land mode” ……

Rikki “AND we haven’t gone all the way yet. Last night, it was tempting though.”

Bella “Last night was HOT – but I wonder if it would have been even BETTER if we were ALL, say, wearing UBER sexy underwear .... the silky, see through kind.”

Cleo “That does sound COOOL, or HOT, or whatever.”

Bella “Actually, I raised that not to “diss” anyone’s underwear – but to tell you my idea for a business that we could start together. “

Emma “A lingerie shop?”

Rikki “I like the sound of that.”

Bella “You’re on the right track. An adult store .... at Yabby Creek – with sexy underwear and “toys” and EVERYTING like that. It’s like, why should Jarlie have to drive miles & miles or go online for toys?”

Cleo “Trying not to sound TOO much like Em, well, most of the time Em, not “Bedroom Em”, but we don’t REALLY know that much bout sex.”

Rikki “Cleo, how can you say that after last night? We were all HOT … and restraining ourselves not to go further.”

Emma “I REALLY like your idea, Bella.”

Bella “After last night, I especially thought you would.”

Emma “You said something ages ago bout your parents helping to finance a viable business idea?”

Bella “Yeah, and it’s not like Jarlie would be our ONLY customers – aside from us, of course. Take Rachel & Tony for example – married, young child. What better way to re-connect sexually than having Rachel in anUBER HOT bra & panties!!! Oh, and the business side of things, Em, your dad’s in real estate - that should help AND if you’re as BRAINY as Rikki & Cleo have told me, I think we could ALL be on a winner!!!”

Emma “I AM a little worried though.”

Rikki ”Em, I soooooo prefer “Bedroom Em” to THIS side of you.”

Emma “If you keep making comments like that, I’m going to have to KISS you – just to shut you up.”

Rikki “And “Bedroom Em” has RE-ENETRED the building!!!!”

Bella [rolling her eyes] “Hopeless.”

Cleo “Em, I take it that you’re worried that this business plan of our might not help our other cause – the person who’s trying to get their hands of THAT footage?”

Rikki “If they’re doing that already, can’t see us deciding this will change anything ......... UNLESS the opening specials are SOOOOOOO hot that they’ll by LOTS of things from our adult shop and love us SOOOO much that they’ll STOP trying to get us dissected!!!!”

Emma “We should talk to ppl today - see if they’d be GENUINELY interested in having an adult store at Yabby Creek."

After the sun takes care of the last drops of water on the 4 girls’ tails and they change back into “land mode” …..

Rikki “Before we head off, Em, you owe me a kiss.”

Emma “Indeed, I do.”

Rikki & Emma kiss softly – before they start tongue kissing, with Bella & Cleo following their lead.

At SBH, the bell rings and it’s time for lunch. Ruby is keen to talk to Geoff - to see how he’s feeling now. The break up was sooooo sudden that Ruby’s head is still, well, spinning. Ruby talks to Annie, who is SHOCKED by the news of the break up. Annie CAN see why her brother has chosen to do this - but she’s disappointed that he didn’t tell her what’s happened. The news of Geoff’s possible move back to the farm is news to Annie as well.

As Annie & Ruby walk to the beach house, Annie is a little worried bout how worked up Ruby is. Ruby, however, allays Annie’s fears [that Ruby is going to miss eating lunch] when Ruby stops and takes some food out of the small bag that she bought with her. As Ruby eats as she walks, she can see the relief on Annie’s face - at least there shouldn't be any trouble with Ruby’s diabetes [as Annie thinks of the day that Ruby missed eating lunch when she rushed home to grab an assignment].

When they arrive at the beach house ……….

Bella & Cleo, and then Cleo, Rikki & Emma, swimming

torpedo2.jpg

torpedo.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 18 is towards the bottom of page 110 of the handwritten draft !!!

Red Ranger 1, many thanks for clearing that up – bout those Ruby & Geoff scenes.

As for Martha, whilst Colleen killing Kimmy in my previous fic wasn’t intentional [i.e. she didn’t mean to kill him], I soooooooooooo HATE Martha – so all of her work of deliberate, AND it’s a good way to have another Baysider involved.

I will say, re the mer-girls, I’m REALLY playing with Emma – i.e. the only eps of h2o where Emma’s not Miss prim & proper is when she’s under the influence of things like the full moon, so it’s cool as having her be sooooo NOT Miss prim & proper in the bedroom, and I LOVE writing Emma & Rikki scenes – they “bounce” off each other soooooooo well. Oh, and I REALY like the idea of the 4 of them getting together - in light of them being for a children’s show.

As for Ruby & Annie, here’s ……..

CHAPTER 19

Ruby & Annie quickly discover that ALL of Geoff’s clothes etc aren’t there. Ruby rings the landline at the farm – but it rings out. Ruby’s a bit paranoid - that Geoff can sense that it’s her ringing somehow [well, especially in light of Rikki, Bella & Cleo hearing Emma’s pleas for help aboard the about-to-crash plane] so she asks Annie to phone the farm landline as well. It rings out for Annie too. Ruby decides that it's not life & death that she speaks to Geoff right now – so she Annie head back to school, and Ruby will try to talk to Geoff after their latest “thrilling” day at SBH is over.

Naturally, the afternoon seems to WAAAY take forever before the bell rings and school is done for the day – but Annie is pleased that Romeo seems VERY intrigued by what’s going on [as she talked to both when she get back to school at lunch time, and when they briefly chatted tween lessons].

Ruby, Annie & Romeo head to the diner. Irene’s latest shift will be over soon - and it’s been an interesting one, with Emma & her g/f’s asking Irene & Leah if they could ask the various diner customers if they would be interested in their proposed new business in Yabby Creek. Ruby is intrigued by the idea of the girls setting up an adult store – and thoughts like that help her take her mind briefly off the meltdown of her ‘ship with Geoff.

Ruby IS pleased when Irene agree to drive Annie, Romeo & Ruby out to the farm – and whilst that is happening, Martha continues her quest to get her hands of THAT footage. Also at the farm, Geoff stirs – his head is VERY sore, but he’s “with it” enough to realise that not only are his hands & feet bound, but there’s also tape over his mouth. Geoff knows that he's soooo not a fan of the mer-girls’ new ‘ship, but he also knows the scrutiny they will no doubt come under – if the rest of the world finds out bout them, or even just a SINGLE scientist – like that, what did the girls call her ???? ….. Dr Baywatch Babe.

Irene, Ruby, Annie & Romeo arrive at the farm. Geoff hears a vehicle - and it doesn’t sound like Martha’s Ute either. Geoff though, of course, can’t do anything bout warning whoever it is [about Martha and THAT rifle …. AND the hacking].

As soon as Irene brings her car to a stop ......

Annie “DUCK!!!”

Irene “What???”

Annie [gesturing for them all to duck down] “DUCK!!!”

All 4 in the car do [duck down], and moments later, BOTH driver’s side windows of the car [which are closest to the main house] are SHATTERED by bullets!!!!!!! .......... from the rifle in Martha’s hands !!!!!!! She’s, unbeknownst to Ruby and co, at a barely open [just enough for the rifle barrel] window in the main house.

Irene & Annie are both hit by the shattering glass – as Annie is stting behind Irene [with Ruby is front seat beside Irene, and Romeo beside Annie in the back]. None of the glass, thankfully, pierces their skin.

Irene and the others are REALLY worried about Geoff AND Martha - maybe they’ve both been taken hostage by whoever it is that fired at the car. Irene quickly starts up her car and speeds off out of there – and as she does, they all hear another shot being fired, which, thankfully, doesn’t hit the car.

They all think the shots came from the house, but they all aren’t sure. All the same, this is a job for the police, so Ruby uses her mobile to phone the police station. It's Charlie, of course, who answers. She’s shocked [as much as a parent, as a police officer] bout what’s occurred. Charlie IS pleased no one in the car is hurt – AND after she gets Ruby to clam down a bit, Charlie gets as much detail as she can bout what happened, including that fact that Geoff has moved out of home and said he was going to the Martha’s farm.

When Annie hears Ruby mention Geoff …..

Annie “Ruby, tell Charlie that Geoff is there at the farm.”

Ruby “Sorry Charlie, Annie’s just told me something … be back with you in a sec. Annie, what are you saying?”

Annie “Geoff’s there – somewhere. Not sure what’s going on – it’s like he somehow wanted me to know someone was bout to shoot at us – that’s why I said “DUCK!!!” earlier."

Ruby “Charlie, if you didn’t hear all of that, it sounds like Emma isn’t the only one who can send, like, thought messages to her friends – I think that’s what Annie is saying. [Annie nods] Yeah Charlie, Annie just agreed with what I just said”.

Charlie then “suggests” that Ruby & the others should come straight to the police station. Charlie adds that she is about to head out to the farm – to see actually what the sitch is. Ruby doesn’t verbally express her concerns for her mum’s safety but she IS worried bout Charlie. Ruby KNOWS that bad guys and girls are all in a day’s work for Charlie – BUT that doesn’t make it any easier, especially when Ruby herself has just been fired upon [well, the car she is in] by ppl that Charlie is about to head towards.

When the call to the police is over, Ruby phones Joey - to tell her all that’s happened. Ruby knows that she was freaked out when Jarlie 1st got together, but these days, it REALLY is like Joey is Ruby’s [in a good way] step mum. Joey agrees to meet Ruby and the others at the station.

Meanwhile, Martha is getting more & more frustrated. Things SOOOOO aren’t going well – whoever it is that has set up the protection for THAT footage has done SUCH a brilliant job, as Martha is beginning to think that the footage will NEVER be hers. There’s also Geoff now locked on the small building near the main house AND the shots that Martha fired at Irene’s car. Martha KNOWS that the police will no doubt be at the farm soon, so she puts the laptop in its carry case and goes outside.

Martha gets in her Ute – taking the laptop with her [as it’s still working away at trying to access THAT footage]. She drives way from the farm. Martha suspects that more than 1 police car will be heading this way, but which way is best to evade them??? They’re sure to want to talk to her when they see her. Martha decides to chance it - and, as she drives towards Summer Bay, she indeed is past by a police car going the other way [heading for her farm].

Charlie & Watson [in that police car] notice that Martha is traveling rather fast - but you would if you'd, say, just been shot at - like Irene's car was - or realised that ppl with guns are at your house. Charlie instructs Watson [who is driving] to turn the car around - and Watson does so with a quick UBER sliding 180 degree turn and heads off after Martha. Charlie radios the other police cars heading for the farm - informing them of their chase after Martha.

Martha is in 2 minds what to do - stop & see why the police are interested in her [they might not know bout the shots at the farm etc] .... or to FLAW it !!! Moments later, Martha stands on the gas and Watson ups her speed to match - whilst Charlie switches on the sirens & lights of the police car. Martha turns off onto a dirt track - with Watson not far behind her. As Martha does her best Michele Mouton [the only female driver to EVER win a round of the World Rally Championship] impression, Charlie gets a radio call form Avery that he has found Geoff at the farm. Geoff’s pretty out of it and can’t, at the moment, tell the police what's happened. Avery also tells Charlie that he’s called for an ambulance. [see Michele Mouton pics below]

Martha is getting increasingly frustrated, as Watson doesn't seem to have ANY trouble keeping up with her, so Martha increases her speed, despite being on the tricky, twisty bush tracks that she is on. Watson & Charlie know that even before Martha started going faster just now, the pursuit is already at a pretty dangerous speed - so Watson holds her speed, i.e. she doesn’t match Martha's increase. Martha hopes her knowledge of these tracks will be enough - so she'll loose the cops. It's also sooooooo frustrating that there's NO beeping sound from the laptop - which would indicate that she's hacked into THAT footage .... finally. Martha will loose EVERYTHING if she can’t expose Cleo & her friends to the world ..... and besides, why should they have tails AND powers over the h2o when Martha doesn't ???

All these non driving thoughts ruin Martha's concentration - and as she rounds a sweeping left hand bend ........ .

Michele Mouton – atop her car after winning the 1981 San Remo Rally AND in action duing a round of the World Rally Championship [which she came oh so close - she finished 2nd in the Ch'ship - to WINNING in 1982]

M_Mouton.jpg

qu_82_nz.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 19 is on page 116 [of about 140] of the handwritten draft !!!

Red Ranger 1, Martha isn’t quite finished yet …. Time for some Ellie Linton-style cat & mouse in the bush - with trees [not cattle] for cover. [see pics below]

Sue, LOVE all your comments …. I hadn’t really thought of Cleo & Fi being so sim in character, so that’s not a conscious link to the Tomorrow series. I could have made Colleen the baddie in this, but been there with YKK, and besides, Marsha [hehehehe] annoys me FAR more these days. It’s been GREAT to reference to classic scenes etc in h2o – esp. Rikki’s “I’m used to ppl not liking me …” speech and the BEYOND sublime “Wrong Side Of The Tracks”. !!!!!!! Now, why did I know tat you’d LOVE those Ronnie and Ric references ??? …. and it’s not the last you’ll hear of either of them.

CHAPTER 20

The right rear quarter panel [behind the back wheels] hits a tree that is right at the edge of the track … and such is Martha’s speed, together with the lack of weight at the back of the Ute, that the impact pendulums the vehicle 180 degrees …. so it’s facing the opposite way to whish Martha had been driving. There’s no space for Martha to turn around [as there are trees either side of the track] and Martha isn’t keen on driving backwards to evade the police, so Martha grabs the laptop [which is still opertational, btw] AND her rifle and runs into the bush.

Martha hides amongst the many trees – and she does so until Charlie & Watson's car arrives at Martha’s abandoned vehicle. As both officers get out of their patrol car, Martha heads further into the bush - with the laptop [in its carry case] and her rifle [with its sling] over her shoulder.

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Rachel & Nurse Julie begin to treat Geoff as soon as the ambulance officers bring him in. Irene, Annie, Ruby, Romeo & Joey are nearby – as, with Avery with them, Irene & co feel that this is safe enough for them to be here [which is why they aren’t at the station like Charlie suggested]. They are pleased when Rachel tells them that, with the treatment she & Julie have given him, Geoff should be awake and lucid soon. Avery too is keen for Geoff to wake – so he can speak to Geoff bout what’s happened, whilst Rachel & the others are much more interested in Geoff as a person/friend than as an informant.

In the bush, Charlie & Watson continue the search for Martha. Both have the revolvers in hand - as there’s EVERY chance that Martha could be armed. Indeed, a shot rings out - not missing Watson by much!!!!!!

The shot, however, proves to Charlie that Martha IS armed - and it’s also helps get an idea as to where Martha is. It doesn’t help the police that Martha’s on higher ground. Charlie knows that calling for back up could be futile in this case BUT doesn't know how skilled that Martha is both in the bush AND with a rifle ….. OR how long it will take to apprehend her. Charlie, as well as concentrating on any sound she hears [a broken branch etc], she also thinks that there MUST be something VERY serious going on with Martha – like, if she fired a shot at the police AND sped up to evade their pursuit, could Martha be the one who tied up Geoff ???

Another shot is fired from higher ground - this one comes DANGEROUSLY close to hitting Charlie.

She & Watson NEED to get to equal ground with Martha. Charlie also has a taser in her holster – maybe THAT’S that answer, IF Charlie can get close enough. Charlie & Watson head in different directions as the advance up the ridge slowly – using the tress for cover. Both Charlie & Watson then converge on where they THINK Martha is - behind some rocks – but she’s not there.

Another shot pieces the air!!!!!!

Charlie’s beginning to think that Martha’s either a TERRIBLE shot or she’s trying to scare the police into stopping their on foot pursuit of her.

Nearby [but higher up the ridge], Martha is keeping hidden amongst the trees. All she wants is to hear a LOUD beeeeeep form her laptop. Even if the police hear that beep, THAT footage will be Martha’s !!!! …… and who knows what POWERFUL friends Martha will have AFTER she’s the one to expose to the world that MERMAIDS – better than that, mermaids with powers over water …. REALLY exist !!!!!!!!

At the hospital, Geoff starts to stir. Irene, Ruby, Annie, Rachel, Romeo & Joey are all REALLY pleased. Rachel is encouraged that Geoff appears to be totally lucid now – BUT she is concerned when he says that it was MARTHA who did this to him. Rachel IS worried the knocks to the head that Geoff received have contributed to him saying such things – but he assures her he is totally telling the truth bout this. Indeed, Annie & co are SHOCKED when Geoff tells them what he saw [bout who’s trying to get her hands on THAT footage]. Ruby’s especially computer literate - and totally confirms to Rachel that it sounds like, from what Geoff said, that Martha IS the hacker that Charlie has been trying to apprehend.

Joey is keen for Avery – who is standing just outside Geoff’s room – to know this, so the other police [especially Charlie] know bout how DANGEROUS Martha is. Rachel calls Avery into the room – and Geoff tells the officer all he knows. Avery & Joey exit the room. Avery radios Charlie, whilst Joey goes to public phone near the nurse's station. She rings Rikki [the 1st mermaid she EVER saw] to tell her bout what's happened – and when Rikki’s off the phone, she tells Bella, Cleo & Emma that it's MARTHA who’s trying to get them dissected !!!!!

As the mer-gilrs ponder their next move, Charlie [having got the radio call from Avery] tells Watson what’s going on. Charlie is also now waiting on some other vital info - where the laptop Geoff spoke of is. Neither Charlie or Watson has physically sighted Martha in the bush – but they occasionally hear her, kinda, when she, like, oh so briefly losses her footing as she runs for a different vantage point OR when she fires occasionally at them. Also, Charlie radios the station and sends a patrol car out to the farm [to check if the laptop is there]. She also orders Avery to join herself & Watson as back up AND, as he does, to check Martha’s abandoned Ute [to see if the laptop is there.].

At the hospital, Nurse Julie tells Joey that there’s a phone call for her – it’s Emma. The mer-girls are keen to try to reason with Martha – make her see that, most of the time, they are just ordinary HUMANoid teenage girls!!!!!!

The Tomorrow series are 7 novels, beginning with “Tomorrow, When The War Began” – think “Red Dawn” [the remake, out this year, stars Isabel Lucas and Chris Hemsworth, with the original film starring Patrick Swayze] but its Australia, rather that the USA, that gets invaded !!!!

Tomorrow.jpg

LtoR - Corrie Mackenzie, Ellie Linton, Fi Maxwell and Homer Yannos.

ArticlePic.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED !!!!

Note – the end of Chapter 20 is on page 121 [of about 140] of the handwritten draft !!!

Archived