Guest **Julie**

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meet the women of Underbelly, The Golden Mile

082222-underbelly-women.jpg

Constable Wendy Jones

"Eager" is perhaps the best way to describe probationary constable Wendy Jones, the newest female recruit on the Kings Cross beat. Although producers claim the character is fictional, former Sydney police officer Wendy Gaye Hatfield last month launched a legal bid to view the series before it went to air because she believed the program might defame her. Hatfield's court action was unsuccessful.

In Underbelly 3, Jones is seen crossing paths with Kings Cross identity John Ibrahim. The attraction between these two on-screen characters is instant and they become romantically involved. In real life, Hatfield strenuously denies that she and Ibrahim had an affair.

Jessica Tovey, who plays Jones, says of a sex scene featuring her character: "It was completely different to anything I've ever done - and more risque.

"(It) felt a bit surreal and bizarre. Of course you are uncomfortable and have nerves, but I don't think that my first sex scene could have gone any better."

Played by Jessica Tovey

The 22-year-old actress, who found small-screen fame as Belle on Home And Away, has been in high demand since leaving the series.

Tovey had initially auditioned for the role of Kim Hollingsworth.

However, the Underbelly producers believed she would be a better fit to play Jones.

Around the same time, Tovey was also cast in telemovie Wicked Love (the story of Melbourne's body-in-the-boot case), alongside veteran performers Rebecca Gibney and Vince Colosimo.

---

I just copied the bit relevant to Jess. The rest of the article is here.

Looks like we'll literally be seeing a whole lot more of Jess in this role... :P

Thanks for posting it jamey-maria :D

I cant wait and yes in another interview Jess stated we would be seeing a lot more of her then we might actually like lol.... it's going to be different seeing her paly a whole different character after so long as Belle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived