If You Don't Wanna Love Me (by charmed60) - comments

KirstyEkua

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh Laura that was devastating to read!! :( (in a good way though!).

I loved Leahs outburst at Tony. I still think he deserves all he gets :P She's been amazing with Rachel and i love how much focus and attention you've given to their friendship. I think, especially at times like these, female friendships are so important and i love she has this amazing support network, what with Leah, Martha and Gina all doing everything they can to make her life easier.

Tony's reaction was heartbreaking and i love how he just wouldn't let her go and comforted her; i think she's been in desperate need of that from him. I like how Rachel was able to be honest with him and tell him how scared she was feeling. I like how he knew instantly something was wrong with her, and that he guessed it was cancer without her having to say anything :( The image of him holding her for hours was just heartbreaking.

Again, the little mentions of Harry were perfectly placed and emphasised more than anything how serious Rachel's illness is :(

The very end nearly made me cry. I do feel sorry for Tony now and think he's finally realised how much of a mess he's made of things.

Tony didn’t want to let her go, he was afraid that if he did he would somehow lose her forever but he also needed to get up. He felt like he couldn’t breathe and he needed to do something, to scream or throw things just to release the intense sadness and fear which had been gradually building up in him.

You said it all in those few lines. Really beautifully written chapter. Can't wait for the next part!

Oh my goodness, that was beautiful.

I loved Leah's "chat" with Tony. The way she fired up at him, it was so Leah. It was beautiful.

Ah, Tony knows. The way Rach broke down as soon as she saw Tony was heartbreaking. And he was crying too. :( The way she just let him hold her was beautiful, I loved it.

Loved the chapter, it was amazing! :)

Looking forward to seeing what happens with Gina, and what Rachel says, too.

Update soon. x

Edited by flyingwithoutwings

Aw. :(

It was so lovely at the start how he was caring for her, & his chat with Gina was beautiful.

I was so hoping they'd get back together, but I completely understand Rachel, though. It must be so hard for her, it seems to her as if Tony's come back in pity, almost. I hope she realises soon that he's genuine. He better be. I couldn't stop reading, like crazylazy, haha. I didn't want it to end! Then again, I never want your chapters to end.

I loved the mentions of Gina and Tony's childhood, and how Rachel's leukaemia somewhat mirrors their Mother's. I loved this bit:

“I don’t know” Tony admitted honestly as he picked himself up from the floor and made his way over to the fridge; frowning when he opened the door.

“You used to always do that as a child” Gina laughed. “Whenever you were upset, when Mum or Dad told you off you’d always storm to the fridge and just stare into it like you’re doing now.” Gina was so pleased she’d moved to Summer Bay; being with her brother again had brought back many fond memories of their childhood; memories she’d always cherished.

“There’s no food in the fridge” Tony exclaimed as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a wad of money. “Will you go to the store for me and just get as much food as you can with this?” Tony begged as he shakily held the notes in front of his sister. “Just make sure it’s all organic. If it worked for Martha it can work for her to” Tony chanted to himself; smiling as Gina took the money and rubbed his arm affectionately.

Tony breathed a sigh of relief. It had taken him a few hours but he’d managed to prepare meals for Rachel that would at least last her the next couple of weeks. He hated the thought of her cooking for herself while she felt so ill and judging by how empty her fridge had been; he concluded that she probably hadn’t bothered. Folding the towel he’d been using neatly, he placed it on the side before turning to face Rachel. Looking at her now, he kicked himself for not noticing something was up before; she was so pale and frail. He realised when he’d held her earlier how thin she was; he could practically feel her ribs through her top.

I'm SO intrigued to know what his secret is, especially now that we know it's not dissimilar to what her Dad did! :o

& :o! Something goes wrong with the chemo? Can't wait to read about it!

Brilliant chapter, I LOVED it. Cant wait for you to update soon.

xx

Great couple of chapters. :D

Loved Gina and Tony's chat and I can understand that Rachel would assume Tony was only going back to her out of sympathy.

And aww poor Rachel. :( And Tony! Loved how he was at the hospital! Looking forward to Tony telling Kate what he thinks!