Which character do you relate most to?

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Who do you relate to?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that struck me looking at this list is how I don't feel like I can really relate to anyone on this list. I don't see how Ruby can be tied for the lead unless a few whining, self centred shrews cast a vote (ducks). In the end, I voted for "other" which in this case is Kirsty or Jai, neither of whom are around anymore. Kirsty because she's basically good but flawed and Jai because as RR says, he's got a bit of a geeky edge to him. Leah is too much of a gossip and too holier than thou for me to relate to.

Belle; a character that cares about everyone else before herself

Not to start a huge argument here, but WHAT???

:lol::lol: Yeah although I didn’t dislike her I was thinking at times I must have been watching a different Belle. Each to their own though.

The thing that struck me looking at this list is how I don't feel like I can really relate to anyone on this list. I don't see how Ruby can be tied for the lead unless a few whining, self centred shrews cast a vote (ducks). In the end, I voted for "other" which in this case is Kirsty or Jai, neither of whom are around anymore. Kirsty because she's basically good but flawed and Jai because as RR says, he's got a bit of a geeky edge to him. Leah is too much of a gossip and too holier than thou for me to relate to.

I completely agree with this post. I can’t find a single character of the recent cast who I feel I can relate to and I’m struggling to find a past character as well. This is the second poll I decided to abstain from. I had no idea Ruby would be so high up although to be fair she only has six votes. It’s still surprising to think that some people think that she’s the character they relate most too. I’m going to be objective and assume that it’s the past Ruby they relate to i.e., when she was headstrong, remarkably pleasant and played the agony aunt and friend to people like Charlie, Annie and Jai. Not the one who thinks she is the focal point of the entire fabric of the space time continuum, pined after Xavier like a love sick puppy, lost her virginity to him, declared her undying love then used him to try and get Charlie out of the mess that she indirectly created. Also made her mother’s rape ordeal all about her and at times acts like the little princess that she is.

It would be interesting to see the demographics of some of choices made above. I would imagine that perhaps some of the female posters who have had kids can relate to Rachel i.e. the PND storyline. Whereas some of the younger posters perhaps could relate to again Ruby or Nicole. I would be interested to know what relates some people to Martha. Also Annie isn’t there how many people would relate to her?

My thoughts exactly :P

Belle was practically Mother Theresa, don't you know!!! When she relentlessly pursued Ric in spite of Cassie's feelings, she was really thinking of others, not herself. When she cheated on Luc with Drew, it was really for his own good. Same goes for Angelo when she two-timed him with Aden. Such a caring young woman. They should really make her a saint now she's dead.

My thoughts exactly :P

Belle was practically Mother Theresa, don't you know!!! When she relentlessly pursued Ric in spite of Cassie's feelings, she was really thinking of others, not herself. When she cheated on Luc with Drew, it was really for his own good. Same goes for Angelo when she two-timed him with Aden. Such a caring young woman. They should really make her a saint now she's dead.

Saint Belle , I can see it now!! Saint of Summer Bay ! The funny thing about it is some people will argue with you that she was almost saint material :lol:

I don't think I can really relate to anyone on the show atm as others have said. I did relate to Kirsty who like ebrett said was "basically good but flawed" which I feel is very popular with people in the real world.

I would have thought people would have thought they we're really nice people but it doesn't seem so because they've voted for Charlie & Ruby. I couldn't name 2 more selfish characters in the show at the moment to be honest. Then theres Rachel and Leah who are tied with Charlie & Ruby , I don't particularly like Rachel & Leah either because they may be nice and caring but they are also kinda all high and mighty and are all holier than thou.

I think Martha is also like Kirsty another character who is a good person but she can have her bad moments where she makes some bad decisions. We haven't really seen this bad side to Martha in quite a while which has been nice, long may it continue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived