The Teens Perspective

Guest thejefferies

The next day and Azza began to hang out with the homeless people of the city. He was seen laying back against a wall looking in a bad way. Miles searched everywhere and gave up hope. There was no way he could find Azza in such a big place.

It's been a month since then and Xavier and Sarah have been having heaps of fun together. And Xaviers tests came back for the HSC and he's passed. Xavier is really happy. He now sees that it wasn't such a bad idea repeating year 10. Mark and Layla are seen arguing over an Xbox game when Gina comes in.

"You haven't seen 'Azza' lately have you?" asked Gina.

"No and thank goodness" said Mark as he continued to play Xbox with Layla. Gina then told Miles over the phone that they haven't seen him either. Miles then took a deep breath and sighed. It's obvious that Azza has gone a permanent runner.. but he might not make it out in the city.

It's early January in the next year and Tony and Rachel are out for a drive when they have a car crash and end up in the bush. They seem injured and try to look for help.. but it seems like somebody is watching them. Tony hears something in the bushes and sees a flash of white. He then follows the flash of white and sees Azza picking up sticks and bundling them up.

"What are you doing here?" asked Tony.

"I'll help you guys.. just stay here" said Azza as he headed off in search of more wood for a fire.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Azza came back a while later and helped Tony and Rachel to a hospital. When they arrived, Azza tried to run off but Miles caught him.

"I'm so glad I found you" said Miles with a smile.

"Get out of my way.. I need to get out of here before the cops get me" said Azza.

"They won't.. your father's death was ruled as an accident. You're in the clear" said Miles.

"Whatever.. I'm still gonna get out of here" said Azza as he tried to run off again.

"Listen.. you can stay at my place for a while. There is plenty of room" said Miles.

"I don't need charity" said Azza as he walked off.

Later on, Azza was seen sitting near the beach. His hair has gotten longer now, and is kind of messy due to him being out in city and bush.

"What are you doing here?" asked Layla as she went by.

"Get out of my face" said Azza as he glared at Layla. Layla then walked off. Azza decided to head down to Miles for a place at his house because he figured he had nowhere else to go.

"I'll stay here" said Azza as Miles opened the door.

"Good, Jai was getting a bit lonely" said Miles as he helped Azza inside.

Azza unpacked his things and headed out. Miles stopped him before he left.

"Where are you going?" asked Miles.

"None of your business" said Azza.

"I need to know" said Miles.

"Fine. I'm going to the Surf Club" said Azza as he rolled his eyes and walked outside.

At the Surf Club, Tony approached Azza.

"Thanks for saving us earlier" said Tony.

"Whatever" said Azza as he sat at a table.

"You're a good guy.. I just wish you'd show it sometime" said Tony as he smiled at Azza and walked off. Azza then got up and headed off but Layla came in.

"Hi" said Layla with a smile.

"What do you want?" asked Azza. Layla then walked off.. looking kind of confused.

Azza played pool by himself and obviously looked very annoyed. Layla entered again and decided to talk to Azza.

"Hey.. wanna play some pool?" asked Layla.

"Okay.. I'm up for a bit of a game" said Azza as he accepted.

After a bit of a game, Layla decided to ask an awkward question.

"Why were you such a bully?" asked Layla. Azza paused for a second but then replied.

"My old man had been pushing me around most my life.. I had to take it out on someone" said Azza.

"Also.. why do you call youself 'Azza'?" asked Layla.

"My real name is Aaron. Azza made me feel better and more unique" said Azza as he played with his pool cue.

"Okay" said Layla. Azza and Layla kept playing pool together.

Later on, Azza returned back to Miles' place in a much better mood.

"Hey" said Azza as he entered.

"How was your walk?" asked Miles.

"Good" said Azza as he smiled at Miles.

"Listen.. I wouldn't mind if everyone called me by my first name now. Being known as 'Azza' brings back too many bad memories" said Aaron.

"I can see you're becoming a better person already" said Miles.

The next day, Azza and Layla where hanging out at the Surf Club having a drink when Mark entered and caught them together.

"What are you doing with him?" asked Mark as he pointed at Aaron/Azza.

"Just go away" said Layla.

"No.. I don't see why you'd hang around with such a thug" said Mark. Aaron got up and confronted Mark.

"Listen mate, I don't want to have to do something I regret" said Aaron.

"Hit me then" said Mark. Aaron started to walk away but Mark tossed a drink over Aaron, and then Aaron grabbed Mark and pinned him up against the wall.

"That's the spirit.. now hit me" said Mark as he smiled at Aaron. Aaron was just about to hit him when Xavier entered and broke it up.

"Get out of here" said Xavier as he looked angrily at Aaron. Aaron looked at Layla and walked off.

It's two days later and it's time for the first day back to school. Aaron needs to repeat the 10th grade because he missed out on the school certificate. Miles pats him on the back as he opens the door and they both exit.

Later on, Aaron arrived at school and started to put away his things. Mark and a couple of his old mates approached him.

"What?" asked Aaron as he looked at Mark and his old mates.

"How did you feel after you killed your dad?" asked Mark.

"Get lost!" yelled Aaron as he got in their faces. Mark and Aaron's old mates laughed, but then Layla entered.

"Mark, leave Aaron alone" said Layla as she stood beside Aaron. Mark and Aaron's old mates then walked off while they smirked and giggled.

"Don't worry about him" said Layla.

"Thanks" said Aaron.

"No problem" said Layla with a smile. Aaron then continued packing away his stuff and so did Layla.

Later on in class, Aaron entered and Mark was already sitting there with a smug look on his face. Aaron went to sit down, but Mark kicked his seat over. Aaron just picked it back up but gave Mark a dirty look and turned around. He then pulled out his books to do some work, but all the pages had "father killer" written on them. Aaron then sighed and pulled out some more paper and did some work.

At the end of the day, Aaron came home in a bad mood. Miles picked up on it.

"Why are you so angry?" asked Miles.

"I had a bad day" said Aaron as he sat down.

"People won't just like you automatically.. you need to give them time" said Miles. Aaron then decided to get changed and head out.

Aaron saw Layla at the Surf Club with her brother. Mark, of course, decided to give Aaron a go.

"Get lost" said Mark.

"I'm not here to talk to talk to you" said Aaron.

"Just go away, Layla doesn't want to talk to a father killer like you" said Mark. Aaron then lost it and punched Mark in the eye. Mark fell down, but quickly got back up holding his eye.

"You're going to get in heaps of trouble for this" said Mark as he ran off. Layla looked at Aaron, looking disappointed but quickly followed Mark.

Aaron arrived back home looking angry and Miles looked over confused about what he was angry about.

"What happened?" asked Miles.

"Mark made me lose it" said Aaron.

"Why didn't you walk away?" asked Miles.

"I tried.. I really did. But I just couldn't muster up enough strength to" said Aaron as he put his head down in shame.

"It's okay, we all make accidents. I'm sure Gina will understand" said Miles as he gave Aaron a smile.

Meanwhile, Mark raced back home to show Gina the black eye Aaron had given him.

"The school bully gave me a black eye" said Mark.

"What did you do to make him do it?" asked Gina.

"Haven't you seen him? He's such a brute" said Mark.

"You provoked him" said Gina.

"I just spoke the truth.. is that wrong?" asked Mark.

"It is if his father just died.. I'm sure he's grieving" said Gina.

"But he killed him!" said Mark.

"His father died by accident.. there is no need to lie to make someone feel bad" said Gina.

"He deserves it from the way he treated me" said Mark.

"Miles told me he is trying really hard to change his ways.. make sure you don't pick up what he left off" said Gina as she walked out of the room. Miles knocked on the door and Gina answered. Aaron was standing beside Miles.

"Aaron has come to apologise to Mark" said Miles.

"Okay, come on in" said Gina with a smile. Aaron came in and looked angrily at Mark.

"Sorry" said Aaron as he looked angrily at Mark.

"Say it properly" said Miles.

"I'm sorry for hitting you Mark" said Aaron.

"Kiss my feet" said Mark with a laugh.

"I don't know why I even bother" said Aaron as he walked off. Miles sighed and followed him.

Miles and Aaron where seen walking down the beach.

"You can't just walk off when someone rejects an apology. And after the way you treated him.. I wouldn't blame him" said Miles.

"I don't care anyways" said Aaron as he crossed his arms.

A week later and Xavier found taunting letters posted on his locker supposedly from Aaron. As soon as Aaron left class, Xavier pinned him up against the lockers.

"Write notes about me again and I'll make sure I beat you" said Xavier.

"I don't know what you're talking about" said Aaron as he pushed Xavier off him.

"I saw them on my locker" said Xavier.

"You're making this up just to have a go at me aren't you?" asked Aaron. Aaron then left and brushed himself off.

Mark was down and the beach and Xavier confronted him.

"Did you write the letters?" asked Xavier.

"My mates put me up to it" said Mark.

"They're not really you're mates.. they are just using you to poke fun at Azza for ditching them" said Xavier.

"He likes to be called 'Aaron' now" said Mark with a laugh. Xavier started to walk away.

"You better come home to do some studying soon.. my mum will get angry if you don't" said Xavier as he called out to Mark and walked off.

Later on at the Surf Club, Layla walked in with Ruby and Annie for some girl talk.

"So.. who do you like?" asked Ruby.

"Umm... Aaron is alright" said Layla.

"You mean 'Azza'?" asked Ruby.

"Yeah" said Layla.

"He's too much trouble. I wouldn't bother dating a brute like him" said Ruby.

"Maybe you're right" said Layla. Aaron entered shortly after and sat down alone at the table.

"After the way he treated Mark.. why would anyone want to date him?" asked Ruby. Aaron overheard this and got up and confronted Ruby.

"Why don't you tell me to my face?" asked Aaron as he looked angrily at Ruby.

"Uhh.. um" said Ruby as she was clearly shocked by Aaron's approach.

"Don't talk about me. I don't appreciate it" said Aaron as he walked off in a huff of anger.

Shortly after, Miles saw Aaron at the Surf Club ordering a milkshake.

"I'll pay" said Miles as he paid for Aaron's drink.

"Thanks" said Aaron with a smile.

"So.. how is life?" asked Miles.

"Weird. I'm having mixed feelings about someone.. and don't know how to tell them" said Aaron.

"I suggest you wait until the time is right" said Miles.

"Yeah" said Aaron as he took a sip from the milkshake.

Geoff confronted Aaron later while he was at the beach.

"Why did you talk to Ruby the way you did?" asked Geoff.

"Look mate, I'm not looking for a fight" said Aaron as he tried to explain things to Geoff.

"Don't do it again" said Geoff as he patted Aaron on the back and kept doing his daily jog.

Jai and Annie where watching TV at night time when Aaron entered. He sat down on a chair next to them and started to watch TV too.

"It's good that you're changing" said Annie.

"Thanks" said Aaron.

"Hey.. wanna help us plan a surprise party for Mark and Layla?" asked Annie.

"Sure" said Aaron with a smile.

"It's their 15th birthday soon" said Jai.

"Awesome.. I'll get them a birthday present" said Aaron as he raced off in excitement.

It's four days later and Layla and Mark's birthday bash. Mark and Layla are having a good time until Aaron enters. Mark looks away angrily.

"Behave guys, even if it is just for the party" said Miles and Gina as they saw what was going on.

Archived