What song are you hooked on at the moment?

rubyxfan

The Climb // Miley Cyrus

Killing In The Name // Rage Against The Machine :wub:

Fight For This Love // Cheryl Cole

Bulletproof // La Roux

Red // Daniel Merriweather

...Okay, okay, okay, I'll stop now...!

The Climb: A very good Pop song. Miley rocks it. X Factor ruined it. :(

Killing In The Name! Hasn't heard of it until the XF vs. RATM xmas chart battle. Awesome song! <3 :wub:

Fight For This Love. Despite my dislike of Cheryl Cole (It's shocking) FFTL has REALLY grown on me. It's still one of the most overrated spngs ever, but it's a grower.

Bulletproof is awesome! As are La Roux.

Red is a beautiful song. :wub:

Great list there, Jess.

My song at the minute would have to be Le Ann Womack's I May Hate Myself In The Morning. :wub:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Climb // Miley Cyrus

Killing In The Name // Rage Against The Machine

Bulletproof // La Roux

The Climb: A very good Pop song. Miley rocks it. X Factor ruined it.

Killing In The Name! Hasn't heard of it until the XF vs. RATM xmas chart battle. Awesome song! <3

Fight For This Love. Despite my dislike of Cheryl Cole (It's shocking) FFTL has REALLY grown on me. It's still one of the most overrated songs ever, but it's a grower.

Red is a beautiful song.

Great list there, Jess.

My song at the minute would have to be Le Ann Womack's I May Hate Myself In The Morning.

I agree, Amy - Joe McFlippingElderry COMPLETELY ruined 'The Climb'. Poor Olly wouldn't have had a chance with it. :(

I LOVE RATM. Not only does the song's opening remind me of Christmas every time I hear it (because it was played on the radio and in the media so much beforehand), but I love the idea that Facebook has managed to achieve something so incredibly against the Simon Cowell dynasty. And, also, the whole thing raised A LOT of money for Shelter; and, really, no one deserves to be homeless, especially at Christmas, so that's another huge bonus!

I didn't wanna like Cheryl Cole's offering, either, but it really is a grower, and it's SO. DAMN. CATCHY... even if the video freaks me out a bit. :P

I love, love, love La Roux.

Mr. Merriweather, what more can I say? :wub:

I also love John Mayer's 'Dreaming With A Broken Heart' and 'I'm Gonna Find Another You', even though the lyrics don't relate to my life in any way, shape or form. I can't help but thinking that there's more really obvious choices that I've missed off!

Hm, I haven't heard that particular song, and I can't say I've ever been a very big LeAnn Womack fan, but I'll have to check it out. :)

The Climb // Miley Cyrus

Killing In The Name // Rage Against The Machine

Bulletproof // La Roux

The Climb: A very good Pop song. Miley rocks it. X Factor ruined it.

Killing In The Name! Hasn't heard of it until the XF vs. RATM xmas chart battle. Awesome song! <3

Fight For This Love. Despite my dislike of Cheryl Cole (It's shocking) FFTL has REALLY grown on me. It's still one of the most overrated songs ever, but it's a grower.

Red is a beautiful song.

Great list there, Jess.

My song at the minute would have to be Le Ann Womack's I May Hate Myself In The Morning.

I agree, Amy - Joe McFlippingElderry COMPLETELY ruined 'The Climb'. Poor Olly wouldn't have had a chance with it. :(

I LOVE RATM. Not only does the song's opening remind me of Christmas every time I hear it (because it was played on the radio and in the media so much beforehand), but I love the idea that Facebook has managed to achieve something so incredibly against the Simon Cowell dynasty. And, also, the whole thing raised A LOT of money for Shelter; and, really, no one deserves to be homeless, especially at Christmas, so that's another huge bonus!

I didn't wanna like Cheryl Cole's offering, either, but it really is a grower, and it's SO. DAMN. CATCHY... even if the video freaks me out a bit. :P

I love, love, love La Roux.

Mr. Merriweather, what more can I say? :wub:

I also love John Mayer's 'Dreaming With A Broken Heart' and 'I'm Gonna Find Another You', even though the lyrics don't relate to my life in any way, shape or form. I can't help but thinking that there's more really obvious choices that I've missed off!

Hm, I haven't heard that particular song, and I can't say I've ever been a very big LeAnn Womack fan, but I'll have to check it out. :)

TBH, I think The Climb is one of those songs that should be left alone. Perhaps not in the same legendary way a Michael Jackson song should, for example, but in a "It's a Pop Song that works well with the voice of a young woman." way. Having said that, I think XF is lame for spitting out cover versions left, right and centre anyway. They spend weeks "covering" songs during auditions/live shows etc. The least they could do is something original on their own release. (I don't blame the individual winners. More Simon Cowell. Not that I think Joe's particuarly special in any which way. Bit boring for me.

The fact RATM actually donated some of the profits elsewhere is amazing. If only Simon Cowell was that generous. I'm almost a bit sad that Joe topped tpday's charts, because I can't help but feel people bought it this week as a consolation prize because they felt bad for holding him off the top last week.

Cheryl's video is just odd. I don't like it. FFTL may be a grower, but I thought it was DREADFUL when it was first released. I'm still baffled it made #1. It's not THAT good.

La Roux <3

I've heard a few LeAnn Womack songs (She's recommended a lot by unsigned Nashville singer Shane Mack. Another recommendation. *whistles*). I May Hate Myself I The Morning and Last Call are both gorgeous songs. <3

• 2 weeks later...

^^ I agree about the XF really should have left 'The Climb' be , BUT when you think about it , it is the perfect song for the X Factor winner because the lyrics are just so the X Factor in terms of how far the winner has come.

See, that's just another reason why I think it was actually a rubbish choice. Most of the singles that come from reality TV winners have lyrics that we're supposed to relate to their journey:

Will Young - Evergreen

I'm gonna take this moment

Make it last forever

Michelle McManus - All This Time

All this time

We've come a long, long way

I've waited a lifetime for today

I'm praying this moment's here to stay

Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This

A moment like this

Some people wait a life time

For a moment like this

Some people search forever, for that one special kiss

Some people wait a lifetime

For a moment like this

Leon Jackson - When You Believe

There can be miracles

When you believe

(Don't know the rest of the lyrics, but you get my drift). There's nothing original about them. Everyone watched that journey for themselves, they don't need to hear about it too. More often than not, it just makes Simon Cowell, or whoever chooses the winners song, look lazy. The people on those shows spend week after week after week covering songs. The finally get to the end (That is supposed to be just the start of a successful career) and what do they get to show for it? Oh, another cover. It's one of the reasons I don't like XF.

Phew, enough ranting. I don't know where that came from. Sorry. (That was, in no way, a personal attack against you, sexyluc, btw. :) )

Anyway, keeping on topic. My song of the minute?

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On.

You know when you just hear a song that puts you in a happy mood? That's one of them. Reminds me of lazy Summer Days. :wub:

Archived