Beautiful Awakening

Guest bubbleburst

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone - so sorry I haven't updated in a while. :unsure:

Tuesday, 26 November

{Scene one takes place in the Pier Diner. Characters - Martha, John, Belle, Aden, Irene}

"I'm telling you its absolutely unacceptable and immoral. First she takes in one of those immigrants and now she's offering to give her baby up. What's the world coming to these days?"

"If I was you I'd kept my mouth shut" Martha bit hard on her lip. "Who asked for your opinion...huh" John scorned at Martha. John faced his group of supporters, "Why should we allow these people to get free education..Free housing..Who knows what kind of diseases they are bringing into the country"

"You're just an arrogant pig" Martha spat at him. "Look who's talking..." John glanced at Martha for a tiny second and then faced back to his mob that was keen to listen to John's rant.

Belle ran quickly through the diner making her way to Irene who was serving customers, Belle's eyes were lit up like Christmas had arrived early. "Oh my goodness girlie, what's happened it looks like you've got this beam of light shining around you" Irene said unaware of what was about to be revealed. "We're pregnant!" Belle jumped up and down, clapping her hands. Irene put down the milk she was heating on the counter and touched her face "Oh...oh my goodness, Belle are you pregnant"

Belle laughed loudly, "No....I'm not pregnant. Charlie has kindly offered to give Aden and I....well a baby....." Irene was astonished, it took her a while for the news to process, "Oh...Belle....that's just magnificent" Irene hugged Belle determinedly. "Congratulations to the both of you"

"Thanks" Aden smiled proudly at Irene. The thought of becoming a father had brought him happiness and had given him another purpose in life. "It is the greatest gift a friend who ever give me and I'm so appreciative to Charlie" Belle told Irene trying to fight back her tears of happiness. "Aw darl, you deserve it. You've been through so much over the last year" Belle had been through a dark period where she was addicted to drugs.

"Thanks Irene, it would be a lot to us if you could be the god mother" Aden suggested in the heat of the moment, Belle wanted to wait for the right time to ask Irene, but Aden wasn't able to control himself blurting it out.

"I'd be honoured" Irene gave Belle and Aden a kiss on the cheek. "I can't think of any young adults who'd make great parents other than you. Belle there's no doubt in my mind you won't be able to give that baby as much love as it ought to have. You'll do a brilliant job, both of you"

"You're gonna make me cry if you keep talking like this" Belle rubbed her eye.

Monday, 30 November

Scene two, Irene's.

Characters - Belle and Aden

"What about Mandy" Belle suggested. "Next" Aden was slumped on the couch. Belle showed a lot of interest in the baby names, on the other hand Aden didn't show as much concern in the matter. "Oh god Aden...I've suggested about 30 different girl names and you've said no to every one of them. There must be a name you like"

"Belle" Aden groused staring up at the ceiling. "This is your baby too. I thought you'd show more interest"

Aden sat up and looked at Belle, "Babe...it's just a name...besides we have months to think of a name..." Belle wasn't giving up that easily she had her heart set on choosing a name. In spite of the fact that the birth was months away, Belle was secretly bursting with enthusiasm about the arrangements. She couldn't hold off the preparations for the new baby any longer.

"Aden what is your favourite girls name" Belle asked. "Belle" Aden plunged back onto the couch. "Arghhhh......you're no help"

Aden chortled, he loved being cheeky he knew it would tick Belle off. "Okay serious time...besides Belle....Lily....that's another favourite name of mine"

"Mmm..." Belle thought about the name. "See I knew if I told you I liked a name you'd have doubts about it"

"What names do you like then" Aden said after there was no riposte from Belle. "Anna...Sofia...Layla....Rose...Paige..."

"I like Rose. Rose is good" Aden smiled. "Hmm...Maybe we can have Rose for a middle name"

"Fine by me, what about a first name though...." Belle thought to herself. She was thinking unfathomably. "What about...Liliana". Aden thought for a moment considering her outlandish proposition. "Liliana....hm, Liliana Rose...."

"Sounds beautiful....I like that Aden"

"How can you be so sure it's a girl though..." Aden exhaled nosily knowing Belle would go through a huge list of boys' names next. "It's always ladies first" Belle grinned. "Of course...but babe we need to think of boys names too, just in case"

"Later" Belle answered back and then was soundless, "Well for the record, I love it too"

"Good. Liliana Rose....Taylor" Belle smiled. The name was just right. "Why does she get your last name?"

"Well darling that's because you haven't even proposed yet"

"I'm getting there woman.....hold your horses" Aden whispered light-heartedly. "Aden, I don't expect you to get down on one knee anytime soon. It was a joke"

"I know....but I was being serious.....one day Belle...I'm going to make you my wife"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived