Kate Ritchie returning to acting in 2010?

Guest Neely75

BREAKFAST radio favourites Merrick and Rosso will end their breakfast radio partnership next month, with confirmation Tim Ross has decided against signing a new deal with Nova.

Kate Ritchie is on the move too.

Nova 969 released a statement announcing that Tim “Rosso” Ross and Kate Ritchie will not be returning to the station in 2010, but Merrick will stay on for a new show which is yet to be announced.

Merrick and Rosso first performed together in 1996, experiencing success in stand-up comedy before landing a radio gig on Triple J two years later.

They have been presenting the breakfast show on Nova since the station launched in 2001, with Ritchie joining two years ago.

The former Home and Away darling is said to be making a return to acting in 2010.

“When Kate joined Nova 969 after 20 years on television, we knew that she wanted a new challenge," said David Borean, general manager of Nova 969.

“She was ready for a change from TV and wanted to add a new dimension to her already stellar career. She impressed listeners at what a natural talent she was on radio. Joining Nova 969 was an opportunity for Kate to build her personality beyond the small screen and was something she took to naturally.

Rosso is said to be moving on to "other personal projects.”

The Daily Telegraph reports a Nova insider revealed Ross made his decision to leave following a "turbulent" meeting with network management last Friday.

The news is the latest change in a shake-up of breakfast radio following the axeing of Mix duo Sonia Kruger and Todd McKenney and the departure of Vega's team of Tony Squires, Rebecca Wilson and Mikey Robins.

Did she ever really leave acting? She did some part-time stuff. I don't think she ever intended for her acting career to end when she left Home and Away. It's a shame about Merrick and Rosso though. I guess all good things must come to an end sometime.

I think it would be a step backwards for Kate to return to Home and Away so soon, full time anyway. Obviously I don't know her personally or where she's at in her life, but she was so emotional about it when she left, it seemed like a really important thing for her to get away from Sally Fletcher so she could be seen as her own person. I think she would benefit from spending a bit more time away. Then again, the show could really use a pick-me-up and Sally's return could be just the thing for it. A guest stint could be a solution. It would be nice to see Miles have a positive influence in his life anyway.

I really hope she doesn't return to HAA anytime soon.I must be in the minority when i say i didn't really like Sally that much.I think they had the same problem with her as they did with Kirsty,they aged her to much.I wasn't a fan of seeing her boss people who weren't that much younger then her around and acting like mother teresa.

I wouldn't be against seeing her in something else though.

I really hope she doesn't return to HAA anytime soon.I must be in the minority when i say i didn't really like Sally that much.I think they had the same problem with her as they did with Kirsty,they aged her to much.I wasn't a fan of seeing her boss people who weren't that much younger then her around and acting like mother teresa.

I diagree.

I think Sally's life made her into this incredibly mature person , shes just grown up in such a life that was all about caring and looking after people so obviously that is the way she will turn out as well.

She always had that about her whereas Kirsty didn't.

Archived