I'm Ok (by KirstyEkua) - comments

charmed60

This is really, really good.I like how sweet Tony and Rachel are together and how Leah was trying to set them up.Intrigued by that bit at the start:Was that Rachel and Mark in good times or something else?It definitely seems like he's mistreating her and I'm intrigued to know how Emily knows him.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intrigued by that bit at the start:Was that Rachel and Mark in good times or something else?

My interpretation of it (though I could be wrong) was that Mark was raping Rachel or at least Rachel was letting him sleep with her because she was too weak to stop him. He definetely seems to have these two personas, one where he's sweet and cares for her and the other where he takes advantage of her and abuses her. And for him to want to sleep with her while she's ill with the flu is sick.

This story is absolutely amazing Kirsty, you're handling it so sensitively, I love how the chapters are so long, not just because it means I get to read more of your fic :P but also because it really gives me a chance to get into the story. My heart absolutely breaks for Rachel. It's so sad to see her having so much fun with her work knowing what she's facing at home. And it's also really sad to see how lovely Tony's treating her and how happy he's making her, yet she's putting up with all that abuse from Mark.

I loved the scene between Leah and Tony....Leah is such a good best friend, looking out for Rachel and I totally agree with her, she deserves a man like Tony :D Bless him, I love how he's there for her, Rachel being distracted when he talked about his stitches made me laugh haha! And seeing her all rambling and embarassed reminded me of how nervous Tony was when he asked her out on a date. I'd love to see how Tony acts being around Rachel and Mark at the party - and how Rachel acts to after their kiss!

That scene on the pier was just heartbreaking :( I presume Mark had been hitting her again and she'd run out just to escape. Rachel's complete acceptance of what Mark does to the point where she just lets him do it rather than trying to fight it off gives me the impression this has been going on for a long time and Rachel 'knows best' how to handle him and make it easier for herself. I'm so pleased Tony was there to give her some comfort although I was DESPERATE for her to tell him the truth about what had happened, although he's felt the bump on her cheek now so hopefully not before long he'll put two and two together. That kiss :wub: Poor Tony, he's going to feel so rejected now and he's not going to know that Rachel does actually like him. I hope Rachel's able to see how much better a life she could have with Tony and leaves Mark, although I don't think it's going to be that easy!

Emily intrigues me. I liked how Rachel wanted to sit down and talk about her rather than going by the statistics on her notes, very doctor-y! Well at least how they should be anyway. Emily freaking out when Rachel mentioned her boyfriend being in PR and then noticing the bruises and plasters on her makes me think Emily knows what's going on and has maybe even been a victim of it herself. Hopefully she'll be able to support Rachel and get her help in some way.

And finally, I nearly forgot to mention the little Leah/Dan scene. It was nice to have a little distraction from the raw emotions going on with Rachel's storylines, it seems Leah doesn't have an idea that they really can't afford it?? Interesting to see where this is going..

Update soon pleeease!

Edited by charmed60

This latest update is awesome,

Poor Rach though, confused about everything that is happening between her and Tony and the constant abuse she is receiving from Mark.

I really hope that Emily helps Rachel considering she obviously knows Mark from somewhere.

I'd love to see a Rach/Leah or a Leah/Emily scene soon :)

Update soon xx

Just started reading this, and I'm liking it - yes its a bit dark, but you write the scenes so beautifully and you got into the characters' minds really good. Looking forward to reading more!

Don't like the sound of Mark :( but hopefully, with Leah, Tony and Emily's help, Rachel will be able to get away from him...if it is an abusive relationship, I mean!

Can't wait for the next update! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh.I don't know if it's conclusions we're jumping to about Mark here but Rachel does seem to have an awful lot of accidents...I like the way you're writing the relationship, he's a jerk but there's just enough of a hint of humanity that you can sort of understand why Rachel hasn't given up on him.I love the way you're writing her and Tony, she seems really happy and relaxed around him but I've got a nasty suspicion she's playing with fire...Intrigued about where Dan had to rush off to.

Fantastic update Kirsty! I've spent this whole fic being wary of Mark and getting an uneasy feeling everytime he's in the scene, I'd decided I didn't like him and then you go and make me feel guilty by the revelation that he was abused as a child :( It makes it totally understandable why Rachel puts up with his attitude towards her, he's really really horrible and treats her like she's his possession.

However I've noticed that she does stand up to him and I liked how she caught him out and managed to score personal training sessions with Tony :lol: Nicely done Rachel :P Seeing as we saw Rachel get into the car perfectly fine, we know she's lying to Tony about falling down the stairs at the restaurant, I think I know what's going on but I'm too afraid to say it :(

I just love the way you're developing this huge connection between Rachel and Tony, they've got such intense chemistry and I love the contrast of how amazingly sweet Tony is compared to Mark. Rachel is a completely different character around him, so relaxed and care-free and you write that really well. But I don't want them to just be friends! Tony's reaction when Rachel pushed him away was so sad and I think Rachel felt it to.

Interesting first chapter, I'm concerned about who Emily is talking about, I hope it's not who I think it is, interested to see her involvement. Also really intrigued as to what Dan's issue is!

The rain beat against the windows and the silence that filled the car caused a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She felt like she was drowning.

I loved this paragraph, such a beautiful metaphor. Poor Rachel, she's totally trapped :(

Please update sooooon!