Unfamiliar (by Taniya_K) - comments

monkeysmoke

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Nope, don't mind at all :)

Um... I'm gonna try getting into it tonight, so I'm hoping for tomorrow. I know what it's about, it's just getting the time to sit down and write it that's the problem right now. But hopefully tomorrow! ^_^ *crosses fingers*

Thanks for asking though :D

xoxo

Aw, thank you, guys. :blush: But I've got to say that there are plenty of better writers on here that you should be complaining about! Not me! :lol:

Anyways, I feel guilty for having a week pass by without any updates, so here's a small sneaky peeky for now... :wink:

“So, welcome home, precious. It would have been more exciting if you were awake-”

“Aden!” Belle reprimanded him half-heartedly as he threw his sunglasses and keys to the side, and walked over to the couch. Laying down the carrier gently onto the coffee table, he watched Belle as she began to make her way towards them, only to go behind the sofa with the intent of heading to the kitchen.

“Hey, you sit down. You’re supposed to be taking it easy today.” He quickly intercepted her path, grabbing her by the elbow and led her to the couch without letting her protest. “What do you need?”

“Just water. And put these with the others.” Handing him the bouquet of flowers, Aden nodded and did as she requested. By the time he returned back into the front room, he wasn’t surprised to see Belle perching on the edge of the couch, eyes trained on the sleeping baby and a hand stifling a yawn. They had both stayed up most of the night, catching 4 hours sleep the most. Neither one had been able to switch off or let the buzz of pride they felt when looking at their girl ebb away. And now it was catching up; to her more than him.

“What?” Belle asked him softly as he stood by the end of the couch with a small smile on his face.

“Nothing.” He shook his head and gave her the bottle of water that she had asked for. “You look tired though…”

“I’m alright. Nothing a bit of food and drink, and a nice hot shower won’t fix.” She dismissed easily while taking a swig of the chilled water. “See? Feeling better already!”

“Even so…” Aden trailed off, rolling his eyes at her cheeky grin. “C’mon, let’s show Krissy her room and put her in her own bed. Then you can do the same too.”

“Aden-” Belle began with a sigh that he pointedly ignored as he came to a stop in front of where he had placed the carrier and lifted it steadily once again. “Fine. But only because I want to show her her nursery.”

“Whatever you say, Belle.” He chuckled lightly, following her up the stairs. They didn’t exchange any words as they made their way down the hallway, although Aden had to do his best to hide a grin of excitement that threatened to break out on his face.

“Ok, so here we are.” She announced, turning around to face him as he took the final couple of steps up to where she stood by the room and the closed door.

“You can do the honours.” Aden insisted with a nod towards the door handle. Not needing to be told twice, Belle twisted it slowly and pushed it open. He waited outside for a couple of seconds, looking down at the girl that he was carrying to check if she was still happily sleeping. It was only when he heard Belle’s gasp of surprise that he entered behind her quietly.

“Oh, my God!” Belle whispered in shock. “What-? How-?”

“Wow... Looks like a fairy came to visit last night, huh?”

It's not much, I know. But hopefully it'll tide you until tomorrow :)

xoxo